fate or faith

PLAYFUL HEARTS: LOVE IS MY WITNESS

 

It's weekend finally, V's awaited day. He was awoken by his young saeng appa early as 5 am, he rub his eyes with his finger and was sat up by his appa.

  "appa good morning,,, he greeted with his sleepy husky voice..

  "aigoo..come on, take your shower now..appa said, knowing how excited his son the last night.

V buried his face once more on his appa's chest, I'm still sleepy, he murmured.

  "so you'll not going? Appa asked him.

  "I will..I'll take my shower now..the son says and headed to his own bathroom.

V quickly step out of the shower room as soon as he was done 15 minutes later. Dressing himself and prepared himself. He can feel how nervous he was due to the reason that he couldn't imagine meeting the staffs and the orphans again. The question is, will he able to get information about his brother?

They flew going to Busan at exactly 8 am. Looking outside the window, all are white like heaven, you will not even see underneath the plane because it's all white too caused by the thick clouds. What if the plane will crash, will he able to meet his brother again? But if he die, he won't, but what if his brother died already, will they meet in heaven? Those were the questions he has, weird, but all he think is the possibilities of meeting the brother he waited for years, even if it is in this world or can be in heaven already.

They landed safely and able to commute few hours to the destination. So many orphans, it multiples compare at his time. He remembers how he spent his days waiting for his brother at the gate of the orphanage, but no brother came until he was chosen to be adopted.

  "baby? Appa snap him out..

  "appa, do you think I will meet some of the sisters? V asked weakly..

  "we'll see,,appa replied and pat him on the back..

They went straight to the hall where all the kids and staffs are waiting. Young saeng appa started the program and so play a piano and a couple of songs. V feeling so proud that he had this kind of parent, feeling lucky to be embraced by this kind of parent, does his brother live so well too like him? If he just remember everything about his childhood days, he can search his brother, but all he remembers is his brother's name and their memory being together, he does't even know his real surname. He was left by his brother in front of the orphanage carrying his only name, Taehyung and his memory of his parents were gone. Only his brother he knows, baekhyun.

  "taehyung? Is that you? A sister came and approach the silent boy who was sitting at the back of the kids..

  "de? Yes I am, sister,,he stood from his seat and pay respect..

  "you grew well,,,how have you been? The sister cup the boy's face and asked.

  "I am fine, thank you sister..V replied hesitantly..sister can I ask?, but first, sorry for what happen to the orphanage, I heard it from appa..V added..

  "de..I feel sorry for the kids.. What do you want to ask then? The sister said..

  "ahmm is there someone who came to the orphanage before? A guy? Looking for me? V finally delivered..

  "ahmmm,,I don't remember,,the sister think for a while... but the last time there is this old man came here and investigate about what happen in the previous orphanage, he asked for the list of children who died and those who survived, he said it's for someone who was looking for his brother..the sister announced..

  "really? Ahm do you think he'll come again? V felt excited excited..

  "I don't think so,, because we gave all the information they need already.. the nun told..

  "can I leave a letter if in case he'll comeback? Please? V plead..

  "sure,,give it to me later after you're done making it..sister approved it and left to attend the kids..

After few more hours they had to leave, he didn' t get enough information, but at least the letter will sure be a helpful if in case the man that the sister had talked about will comeback.

---------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun dressed himself early in the morning. He set the final fringe of his hair and opened his mini drawer beside his bed. Taking out the brown envelope and bring out the content. The papers he had read few days ago. The papers that makes him fall. He blew some air out of his diaphragm and let out a deep breath. He slid back the papers inside the envelope and held them tightly in his hand.

He came out and as he finished taking the stair, the man spoke that cause the boy stopped and turn back.

  "where will you go? Chanyeol asked with his two hands on his pockets, eyes gazing too cold

  "Busan..I will just visit my parents,, I haven't visited them since I came back.. I'll be back before it gets dark. Baekhyun answered.

  "I see..chanyeol murmured but he doubted when he notice the brown thing on the boy's hand, tightly held.

  "I'll go now.. You better get your sleep, you look pale.. I'll take you to your doctor if I able to come home early. Baekhyun said avoiding the taller's gaze on him.

Chanyeol walked closer instead of saying anything. He lift the boy's chin and makes him look straight at him but he failed. 

Baekhyun was gazing on his side. Chanyeol run his thumb to the boy's thin lips. 

The shorter man gasp and forced himself to look at the taller boy's eyes. Both just stare to each other. Until baekhyun moved and lowered his head. He slowly parted himself until chanyeol release him. 

Chanyeol hugged him tightly with a slight pat on his back. Be sure to go home before it gets dark, he said.

Baekhyun only nod and parted, he exited the house, feeling guilty for not telling the truth to him. But he had to lie, he kept his secret long time ago and he wants to keep it until he will able to free himself from the man's possession. Somehow he wants to get away from his current life being just a follower. He wants to live freely without someone dictating what he needs to do or what will be his future.

Chanyeol on the other hand, of course know the reason of the boy in going to Busan, just as he notice the envelope which is the same envelope he handed out to the maid to give to the boy. He kept for a long time about knowing the secret of his boy and until now, he still keeping it to him.

Baekhyun reaches the airport and soon landed safely to Busan. Riding the rented car from the airport, he travel few hours to reach the haven shelter. He stopped in front of it and waited a little longer since there's a tarpaulin with a written event on it. But few minutes later he decided to go inside. A lady came to him.

  "ahmmm can I see your director here? He asked..

  "ahmm can you wait a little more,, I'll just inform her.. But if you can,,,just wait until the program will end.. the lady said..

  "ahh it's alright I'll just wait.. baekhyun said and bowed..

  "de..if you want you can watch first so you can't feel bored..the girl suggested..

  "ahh ye,,okay,,he rsponse..

Hearing a music playing, he suddenly misses the time he was working as a singer, it has been years since that day. He step foot to the hall and peek inside.

  "Heo Young Saeng,,,he mumbled and smiled..

  "eo!!! Sir,,you're here? What are you doing here?,,suddenly V saw the school director, surprisingly..

  "I... I just have important things to do here..why are you here? Baekhyun asked back..

  "ahhh my appa~~~ V pointed his appa who was still playing the piano..

  "he's your appa? Baekhyun asked again..

  "de.. V nodded..

  "taehyung!!! Come here and help me..his appa called after the last piece on the piano..

  "de..I'm coming, he shouted back.. sir,,have to go..he turn to the school director again and left.

He made a small grin while still looking at the boy. V waved to him and made a greasy smile when he turn to him again. He waved back and gave a small smile. He proceeded to the office to wait for the director. He waited for an hour. Until a nun came and greeted him.

  "what can I do for you? Sorry for making you wait too long..The sister asked..

  "ahm yeah..it's alright... he replied..

  "so what is it? The nun asked again..

  "I hired a person before if you remember, he was looking for the name taehyung. I'm his brother..  but that person gave me an info that the orphanage was burnt and few were dead. I saw my brother's name on the list of dead ones. I just want to know where he was laying now..baekhyun spoke, controlling himself to be emotional.

  "taehyung? May I know your name? the sister asked..

  "it's baekhyun, byun baekhyun. He replied..

  "actually I know a name taehyung but he is still alive and hadn't died. He was adopted few years before the orphanage was caught in fire. So I think the info you got had a mistake, but I'm sure I gave the correct details to him... the sister revealed..

  "what? What do you mean? baekhyun was surprised, hearing that news make his nerves being alive again..and he begun to gather all his hopes again.

  "actually, he's here a while ago. I don't know if they were gone already.. And he left this note and told me to give this to the person who went here, if he will come back again.. but since you said your name is baekhyun then maybe this is for you. You can check it, then if the baekhyun he was talking about is you then this is for you.. The sister said handing out the folded paper to him..

Baekhyun took it and immediately opened it, as the letter says, 

*  hyung it's me, taehyung, you left me at the orphanage when I was 6 and I waited for you almost everyday, why you didn't come to fetch me? You promised me. I miss you, I want to see you, sister told me that you were looking for me. Please see me. I grew up well. I promise if you see me I will not be a burden to you. i miss you so much, I just want to see you. My name is Kim taehyung  now, my parents gave me their name. they are good to me. I'm studying at Geum University. Are you living well? Hyung, I love you, I never hated you. Please come see me..

Baekhyun hold tight to the letter. Where is he? He asked..

  "Maybe they were gone..ahmm if you know Mr. Heo Young saeng, they adopted taehyung..  Sister said..

  "Mr. Heo Young Saeng..and his son is taehyung? He bit his lips as he was confirming the details..

He chuckled. He talked to the boy many times, and he was just talking to him few hours ago and haven't realize everything.

He run outside, hoping to do even just a glimpse to his brother again, knowing him doing well is enough for him now. To know how he live and know how happy his brother now to his current family. 

He almost lose strength when he saw no one outside. He lean unto his car and read the letter again. He sighed shakily and went inside the car. He was about to drive when a car came out from inside. He followed it not minding where it was taking him. And the next moment he knew, he was in the airport. To the booth where he rented the car.

He waited for them to come out from the other car until the boy from few hours ago, the boy whom he talked and bump always in school came out with a happy face while giggling with the said appa. His tears fell down, happy to see that the brother he once abandoned is now living too well.

  "eo! Sir,, hi..the boy came to him and greeted with a smile..

  "yeah we meet again?  baekhyun uttered, though he was controlling his sobs, his tears can't hold back

  "sir are you alright? Do you feel pain anywhere? Why are you crying? V asked worriedly

  "Kim taehyung? Baekhyun uttered..

  "hmmm de.. V furrowed his brows..sir,, are you alright? You're not feeling well yet? I heard from  Mr. Suho that you were sick.. aren't you supposedly having your rest?? V questioned a lot, worries all over his face and tone.

  "I~I'm fine.. Baekhyun answered, stuttering as he wiped off his tears.. thank you,,he mumbled. He clench his fist. A conclusion had made, this young boy is possibly be his brother or he is really his brother as to what the information he got from the sister. But his ego held tight, he's making a battle whether to tell him or not. He's not ready yet, he does't want to shock the young boy, and he can't just tell him the truth with his situation right now, he was planning to tell him when the time he was free to his debt and when he's living well with his own.

  "are you sure? Are you going back to Seoul now? We can help you out.. V offered..

  "V. come on, we're going to be late to the flight..  V  s appa calls..

  "just go,,I still have to meet my parents..baekhyun said..

  "I see..please take care sir,,be well.. here,,I have some medicines,,if you are feeling sick,,you can take them,,v said and get some pills inside his bag..

  "can I hug you? He asked after getting the medicines from the younger"s hand..

  "de? Are you sad? V asked..

Baekhyun shook his head, I'm happy,,,he said with a smile and hug the boy..

  "sir,,I'm going,,appa is waiting for me now..v said in a very low tone.. Nice to see you here sir.. see you at school.. please be healthy.. V pulled out slowly and bowed. He left running to his appa..

  "V.. baekhyun mumbled and smiled with his tear..are you really my brother? But why your name is on that list?? He asked mentally..

V turn to look at him again. He smiled, he felt happy all of a sudden. He felt like he was hugged by his brother. He pouts as soon as he thought that the school director is sad. He felt worried whenever he thought of him being sick.

----------------------------------------------------

Jr entered, along with his father and his brother jin, in a luxurious restaurant. Father was smiling as soon as he spotted the table with the old couple and a fine lady with pink dress. But Jr and his brother Jin who was walking behind their father was looking too serious, no smiles in their faces. Jr of course has his reason for not being happy with this dinner and so Jin has his too, thinking about his boyfriend who hasn't sent a message to him. He felt bad for his brother's arrange marriage too since he knew to whom his brother is in love with. Feeling guilty for abandoning his responsibility as the first son and let his younger brother take all the responsibilities for him.

The father greeted the couple and so complimented the lady in front of them. Jr look at the lady, though the girl had smiled to him, he didn't responded into it. Showing coldness to her.

  ''she's your fiance? Jin whispered to his brother secretly.

  "obviously.. that supposedly yours..haisstt..Jr hissed..  ren is much prettier than her.. Jr said and formed a small smile as he uttered in a whisper too..

  "tsk.. jin chuckled and didn't controlled himself to let out a laugh..

Everyone looked at them and they immediately apologize. They all sited after the greetings. The two are not paying their attention and had a secret conversation once in a while. 

  "it's your fault hyung..Jr blamed his brother..

  "I'm sorry,,jin apologize as he looked at his brother..

  "tskkk..if I was just confident and brave as you.. Jr blew air from his mouth..

The restaurant is pretty wide and the decorations really good. But there's one thing that stand out and caught the two's attention in the middle of their meal.

  "o-owh,,,bad vibes.. . Jin said to Jr..

  "I think so too. I need to go to the bathroom...Jr said and quickly excuse himself..

The girl just sighed and pouted, really thinking that her fiance has no interest in her. Well she has no interest too at first but meeting him personally makes her mind changed, and now she's dreaming to be with him.

----------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol decided to get some fresh moment with his brother. Ren agreed into it since he himself is feeling bored inside the house the moment Jr had stopped texting him. A lunch date is good for them both, without baekhyun of course. A nice chance for them to go out alone.

They entered a restaurant, a restaurant owned by his friend Kai. They were led at the middle. They were checking on the menu when someone pass behind the blonde and got a light tap on his back.

He trace the man who pass by and saw it was his lover. A coincidence, ren was informed that his boyfriend will be meeting his fiance, Jr actually told him beforehand but the exact restaurant wasn't mentioned. Ren was shocked while eyes on the boyfriend who was walking and having glances to his brother who is busy with the menu.

  "Jr~~~ ren  mouthed..

  "follow me~~~ Jr mouthed back..

  "hyung, just order mine,,I need to go to the comfort room..  he said and quickly stood up..

  "de,,come back quickly,,,,chanyeol granted the request still checking every page of the menu..

..............

Jr pulled the blonde in the fire exit near the comfort room.

  "hey! What are you doing here? Jr asked as soon as he pinned him on the wall..

  "having lunch with my brother.. obviously,,,,ren replied rolling his eyes..

  "why here? Jr asked..

  "Why not? We usually eat here? This is my brother's friend's restaurant..  don't tell me, you're meeting your fiance,,,,owh no,,no Jr,,,please say no.. not here..ren said, he shut his eyes, hoping that Jr's reason for being here is not that thing.

  ''Ren,,I'm with her..with jin hyung and appa and her parents..Jr told..

  "owh wow,,family meeting,,are you going to get wed in few months?..ren assumed..

  "of course not!! Jr exclaimed.. why don't you tell your brother to go to other place..jr suggested..

  "I can't, this is the only restaurant where my brother can eat according to his food preference...ren refused. He has no choice actually but to stay here for his brother.

  "then,, don't try to look at her..I know you will.. but don't try to hurt yourself.. understand me? Jr warned him..

  "ahmmm why? Are you two showing sweetness.. Ren pursed his lips..

  "as I expected.. Of course not..I just don't want you to get jealous..don't check on us okay? I need to go back now. Jr said and peck his boyfriend on the lips..

  "wait...ren grab his boyfriend's hand..

  "tskkk,,aigoo.. Jr narrowed his eyes and held his boyfriend on waist..I love you..he said and entered Ren's lips and kissed him..he pulled out after few seconds..

  "go back now..ren pouted..

  "okay.. Jr agreed and left another kiss..

They both entered inside again, jr pinch the blonde's cheek trying to cheer him up but after few steps, unexpectedly, the girl is approaching to go to the comfort room too. 

  "Jr? the girl spoke..

  "ye? Jr eyes grew wide as he look at the voice.

  "who is he? The girl questioned..

  "ahmmm,,jr froze..

  "his friend.. ren talked..

  "where did you go? Why were you~~~~ the girl tilted his head and look at the sign of the door where the two went.

  "ahhh..jr didn't know what to say..

  "I talked to him, since it's pretty serious and I had to confront him about not participating in our group project, I drag him behind that door..sorry if I interrupted your date..ren talked again, saving his lover of course but no doubt he was feeling so envious to the girl being with him on a date publicly.

  "ahhh,, I see... the girl smirked.,,you're gone too long oppa, they are looking for you, you better be serious with this meeting and not going anywhere else.. The girl said and turn her back to go first forgetting that she was going to the comfort room.

  "huh! Duh! She is your fiance? My gosh Jonghyun..she looks like my fiance too, overly put of make up, the only difference is their behavior. Tsk tsk tsk,,ren said and fixed his boyfriend's collar. She looks so mean.

Both went back to their tables. Ren keeps on looking on his lover while Jr make glances to ren once every minute and mouthed him not to look.

----------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun came back home and it was already 6 in the evening, he parked his car to the garage and buried his face to the steering wheel. He can't get off of his mind about his brother.

  "that boy? Is he really him?,,he murmured and lean his back to the seat, face palming himself.

He can't believe that the boy he was always bumping in school is his brother. No doubt that he feel comfortable around him. He felt a different feelings for him.

  "Kim Taehyung, why I didn't thought of that? Taehyung..he mumbled and closed his eyes.

He didn't notice he fell asleep just thinking and memorizing the face of his brother.

Meanwhile chanyeol came after 30 minutes. Driving straight to the garage and saw baekhyun's car already there. He tilted his head sideways and saw an image on the side mirror of the shorter boy's car, mirroring the inside car since the car window is open.

Chanyeol came closer and saw the boy sleeping. He shook him lightly and the boy shifted..

Baekhyun look outside the car and saw the giant man standing. He opened his car and exited. I fell asleep, he uttered.. did you wait for me? He asked..

  "ahm not really we just came home, I took ren out..I just happen to notice you here..chanyeol talked back..

  "ahhhh.. Baekhyun seems out of mind still..

  "go to my room after you changed.. chanyeol said and left.

Baekhyun lean his back to the car, feeling tired and exhausted from thinking. He heaved a sigh and drag his feet inside.

---------------------------------------------------

Jin flopped down to his bed, bringing out his phone from his pocket, he dialed his boyfriend's number and immediately answered.

  "eoo,,how's your day?? Did you enjoy your tour to Busan?

  "yep..how about you? How's jr? is he fine? Is his fiance pretty?

  "he's fine..you can't believe it..ren was there..

  "what? How come? What happen? 

  "ren is with his brother,,having dinner,,Jr is too shock to see him there..

  "aigoo..poor ren and jr..ahhh by the way,, I saw Mr. Byun in the orphanage we went..

  "really what is he doing there?

  "I don't know. he said he has an appointment and he visits his parents from there..

  "really? baby..I miss you..

  "me too.. can't wait for Monday...

  "I was just thinking,,Mr. Byun always bump onto you..isnt't that too much for a coincidence?

  "what do you mean...

  "maybe he likes you..don't you notice that? And I always see him looking at you..

Jin continued to talk and assuming things about the school director until he notice that it was too silent on the other line.

  "hello? Yahhh V! hello? Kim Taehyung!!!! He shouted to the phone and threw it on the bed..

Nevertheless, V hang the phone when his boyfriend starts to assume things again, starts to suspect things again.

  "haisst this kid... how can his mind be too suspicious. V gritted his teeth while gesturing a fist to his screen..

~------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyu to the new subby...enjoy...