when the last tears fall

PLAYFUL HEARTS: LOVE IS MY WITNESS
Chapter 27:
 
Silence in the car, baekhyun and chanyeol can’t avoid checking the younger sitting at the back seat through mirror. Ren was heaving a deep breath every minute.
“want to go somewhere? I think going home is not good…baekhyun asked..
“ahmm,,I don’t know..I want a noisy place…ren pouts, he’s not crying anymore though he was thinking about his boyfriend…
“want to go bar hopping? Chanyeol suggested…
Chanyeol’s phone beeps..
“baek can you check my message..chanyeol said..
Baekhyun took the phone that was on the front, checking the message.
“it’s from kyungsoo…baek told…chanyeol sigh and give him a sign to opened it…
“they are in a car race…they’re inviting you to come, Kris and tao came and kris will join the race…baek verbalize the message..
“car race? Chanyeol furrowed,,,ren you want to go there? He asked…
“it’s okay..ren short answer.
Chanyeol made a U-turn and just headed to where the race at, the same place of the event they went before.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jin and his boyfriend decided to join aron at the race. Aron was resting before the race, back hugging his boyfriend minhyun. While V is lazing himself since he is not in the mood to go out and jin just insisted to go since jr is not around. Facing each other, V leaning his chin to his boyfriend’s shoulder.
“can you stand straight..jin scolded him…
“I’m sleepy you know..V straightened up and rolled his eyes…
“just go to the car and sleep,,jin sulked..
“fine,I’ll just stay..V said and made a greasy smile, he then stood beside his man and lean his head to the shoulder.
“eo,,aren’t those Mr. Park’s friends? Jin notice the group standing just few tents away from their tent..
“hmmm..yeah…seems that tall guy will join the race too…V pointed out…
“seems so..jin shrugged…
“eo..V your brother with chanyeol hyung….minhyun informed V when he saw them coming to other‘s tent…
“ren too…why are they wearing too formal? Aron noted..
“eo,,hey hyung!! V talked as soon as the call was answered…
“eo,,wae? Baekhyun on the other line response..
“nothing,,I’m looking at you,,just look on your left side,,on the fourth tent including where you at…V said and waved when the brother found him..
“saw you…baek said and waved back…
“but why are you wearing like, it’s not like you are at a wedding or what right?…V asked..
“ahh we went to a party but something happen..
“what happen? To you?
“no,,to ren..
“to ren? What happen to ren?
“I’ll just tell you next time.I need to drop the call, your chanyeol hyung is shooting me a glare already..don’t be too sweet with your boyfriend,,all the ants are coming in there…baek said and joked..
“haiiissst…you are just jealous because your boyfriend is not sweet as my boyfriend…V mocked and kissed his boyfriend all of a sudden…
The call was ended after, both laughing even if they are far from each other. Jin looked at his boyfriend and got a surprise with the kiss. He just stuck his tongue out to his lover.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baekhyun received the call from his brother as soon as they step foot on the tent where kai and kyungsoo as well as the others at. He talked to him while chanyeol glared at him. He smiled and told his brother about how chanyeol look at him so sharply. He ended the call after he joked and turn to ren to check him.
“he’s here? Chanyeol questioned, pertaining to V.
“yes,,he’s with his friends…baekhyun answered.. Do you want to join them? He talked to ren..
Ren lowered his head…
“I’ll take care of your brother…told baek..
“ahm I think it’s better if I just stay with you here.. They will just ask me about jr.. ren sighed and sited at the only chair on the front. Not even looking or glancing to where his friends located.
Chanyeol and baekhyun join to the other’s conversations and chats.
“hey what’s wrong with your brother? Kyungsoo went to chanyeol and ask..
“just don’t mind him,,,,chanyeol whispered and gestured..
Kyungsoo insisted to know until chanyeol had to tell him what really happens.
“ommo,,I didn’t know they are the owner of the hotel..I didn’t check it when I scheduled you there to attend…kyungsoo felt sorry..
“no worries..it’s not your fault…just that things didn’t go smoothly..I knew it already when we arrived but I still go through the party..chanyeol heaved a sigh…
“hey ren you want something? I’ll buy some drinks…sehun approach the younger and asked…
“no..I’m fine…ren simple response…
“anything will do…just buy him a cola and water….chanyeol said…
“okay… sehun replied.
"I’ll come with you,,,luhan said and clung unto his young boyfriend..
"i will not look for a y girl....sehun rolled his eyes...
"i know..luhan pinch his boyfriend's nose...
"then why you have to go? sehun raise a brow...
"i just want to...do you think you can hold all the foods that you will buy? i just want to help my boyfriend...luhan shrug and walked first..
"haisstttt,,if i know...sehun sighed and catch up with his lover, extending his arm on the shoulder while luhan extend his arm on the waist...and walked together..
They both parted when they are picking what to buy.
“hi…can we join you? A girl went to the couple and asked..
“ahm I don’t think my boyfriend will like your idea…sehun said with a wink and pointed the man beside him..
“owh sorry,,the girl apologize and just left..
“silly,, you don’t have to say that,,,luhan giggle..
“but you like it..sehun smirked…
“hi…taehyung and jin came, greeting them..
“eo,,hi V, you’re here too? Sehun asked and greeted back…
“yeah my friend aron will be joining the race…V replied…
“owhh our friend too..it’s his first time…sehun mentioned..
“I see.. Good luck then…V smiled..
“your brother is with us…luhan talked..
“yeah we talked already on the phone..V said… ahmm we saw ren, but he seems lost in thought…he try to ask…
“ahhh I think something had happen at the party they attended, with his boyfriend, I’m not sure..that’s why chanyeol is all worried again…sehun let the boys know..
“his boyfriend? Jin spoke…
The two nodded..
“Jr is in our hotel,,he’s the replacement for Mr. Go as the hotel representative, he was task to monitor the party there....jin informed his boyfriend…
“so we have to go..if you want to check ren,,he’s just there..okay? Said sehun and left the couple..
“what happen again? Jin mumbled…
“you will know when you get home.,, V shrug…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, jr was forced to go home and leave his work. Mr. kyu once again was disappointed. He thought that his problem with jr is already over when ren was gone as what he had planned, not until fionna called the wedding off.
“what are you doing? We’ve talked already, and I thought you already understand everything!!! Father said, irate..
“I understand what you want,,but I can’t do it,,,I tried to obey you,,I tried to be good to fionna and tried to love her, but no,,I can’t do all of that….Jr rebut.
“you don’t have to love her at first,,,,you can learn to love her as soon as both you will live together..
“you mean,, you didn’t love my mom at first? You’re not in love with her when you both decided to get married?,,abeoji,,love is important to me because I don’t want to regret my decision in the end nor I don’t want my partner regret that she marry me without any feelings coming from me..abeoji, it does matter to me…
Jr let out what’s been hold back before. He tried to make his relationship to fionna works but he failed because ren is still there in his heart, capturing his whole heart and mind.
The father was speechless, yes, he wished his two son have their own families, have their own children to take care of them when they get old, but all of a sudden that wish had slowly vanished and threatening to be vanished totally. He hoped for nothing. He hoped for the impossible. His son was right, a good relationship matter and so as love matters in a relationship. Maybe he was too rude, trying to straightened up everything that cannot be straightened in the first place, trying to put everything in the right place, but he thought if he‘s doing the right things, if he‘s putting everything in the right place or he was just trying to make everything messy and complicated. Jr words has sense, he need to accept the imperfection of his two sons, he need to accept that his two sons are not normal like him. He fell on the sofa. Weakening his knees, face palming himself.
“I’m sorry, but I will never be like as normal as you…Jr apologize and sited on his knees on the cold floor.
“is this what karma means,,I hated a relationship like yours before, and now I’m having the karma for hating it…..
“don’t think it was a karma,,we are not your karma,,,you object when uncle saeng had a relationship with uncle joong, but it doesn’t mean you hate it,,you are just concern with him that time, you don’t hate it because you accepted them and accepted my brother’s relationship too, you are just worried with our future, you are a father and we are your son. And it’s normal that you worried that much about us. I promise I will be good, I will live as good as you..I’m so sorry for disappointing you this far…
“you can’t do this to me…
“abeoji, you can’t take everything from me, just let me start with ren again. I love him, I do love him., give me the chance to prove myself to you..and prove that can have a good life with ren even if our relationship is not the normal like you have..
Abeoji shut his eyes. Trying to process every words of his son. Jr then stood up and left his father who’s spacing out now.
“I’m so sorry abeoji, jr mumbled before he left..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the race, V suggested to see ren which all had approve it. While Ren, as much as possible he need to avoid his friend since he is not in the mood to face every questions that his friends might ask.
“hyung!! V run too baekhyun, snatching his brother’s arm from chanyeol..
“tsss,,chanyeol rustled with a hand on his hips..
“thanks for this..V said and smiled with a mix of mocking off his brother’s boyfriend, showing up his wrist, the wrist watch that chanyeol gave to him..
“waahhhh getting closer? The friends of chanyeol tease..
“well he’s pursuing me,,V said and stuck his tongue out to chanyeol..but the tall man just shook his head. He doesn’t want to create another mood.
“ren how are you? Are you alright? You look so blunt…minhyun started…
“I’m fine…no need to worry…ren answered unconcerned..
“you can tell us if you want…minhyun said again…
“I’m just tired..ren replied rubbing his forehead… Hyung…let’s go home…he added and left…
“I’m sorry,,he’s just upset and,,,chanyeol apologize and sighed…just understand him…you know him,,he’ll be fine after a day, just talk to him next time..he added…they followed his brother while minhyun and other friends were surprised on the behavior of ren…
“ren!…chanyeol called…
“I’m sorry for what I did but I had to..I don’t want to talk about jr today, maybe tomorrow i can or the next day…ren lowered his head…
“I understand..chanyeol pat his brother’s head…I can’t go out today,,if you want let’s stay at home..he turn to his friends as he told and suggest…
“sure…everyone agreed in chorus…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minhyun sighed, he was never ignored by ren before and that is the first time. Aron comforted him while V and jin are thinking of what’s really had happen in the hotel.
“seems something’s really happened,,they were fine in the hospital, they just got reconciled so it’s impossible that they broke up again…V assumed..
“jin,,maybe you should see your brother…aron suggested…..
“I must…Jin blew air from his mouth and glance at ren again…
They gone home, V tag along with his boyfriend at home, checking Jr too. They knocked on jr’s room as soon as they arrived home. The father wasn’t there around, maybe he’s in the bedroom or in their mini library where he hang out whenever he’s thinking some things that stress himself.
Jr opened the door, sighed when he saw his brother with taehyung behind. Assuming, the news already reach to them. He left the door opened and crawled to his bed, leaning his back on the headboard and stretch his thighs.
“we saw ren…Jin begun..
“you saw him? Where? How? Jr exclaimed.
“while we’re on the race, they came, with baekhyun, and Mr. Park, one of their friends compete in the race…Jin told..
“really?,,did he talked to you? Jr ask…
“apparently no,,,actually we’re expecting him to join us but he didn’t..he didn’t also pay attention on our presence in there,,you know as if he didn’t know that we are there too…Jin notified..
“he did that? Jr furrowed in disbelief…
“well..after the race, we tried to seek any information but we failed it…he just told us that he’s fine and then he left…jin shrugged his shoulder and rolled his eyes..
“what happen in the hotel? V talked…
“how did you know that~~~~ Jr crumpled his brows…
“well,, chanyeol hyung’s friends just happen to tell us what they heard….V replied..
“ren is so blank and not in the mood, he’s so quiet…jin informed..
“we didn’t hold it,,,we were caught in the room in the hotel..on the spot that we’re you know…father just get in and we didn’t notice him coming in…Jr stated..
“you mean,,ren and you..in the bed,,,still have clothes or…? Jin widened his eyes…
“ahmm,,no,,anything, we already undone everything and,,,and,,,owh ,we’re not together for how many years of course we’re that eager to do that,,and that was just the chance that we had that moment…so I took him in my room…Jin messed his hair and grumble…
“shaks!!! Jr,,,that was so,,so,,,so~~~,,abeoji just caught you with ren? You know that he hates your relationship with him,,and you have guts to use your room in there? Both of you like risky things huh…Jin shook his head..
“we never used your room in your hotel,,did we? V asked all of a sudden…
“we don’t I don’t want to…everything in that hotel, everything we do in that hotel whether we just rest or we take someone have been reported to my father, so why would I take the risk..Jin grudge..my most hated place for me is that hotel..he added..
“what will I do?Jr murmured…
“seems there’s no problem with chanyeol hyung anymore..did he already approved you to ren? V thought to ask..
“according to ren,,,his brother already acknowledge it the time he was sent overseas..it’s just that, everything was my father’s idea and that threatening one,,its because of abeoji…Jr revealed to them too..
“really? So it means the problem is only on our side? Jin can’t believe because all this time, all they know is that their father and Mr. Park disapprove everything that’s why ren was sent to London…Jin realized…
“I just hope,, father will really understand me now,,I gave him my words and my thoughts, I did everything to persuade him,,after this,,I don’t know already what to do if he continue to disapprove us…maybe, ending my life will be better than to be parted from ren again..Jr cooed…
Jin and V shake their heads together, they also don’t know what to say anymore. They don’t know how can this problem be solve. Jin suddenly run and left the room.
“Jin!!! V called..
“I’ll be back…just stay with jr..Jin shouted..he went every corner of the house, looking for his father when he thought that his father likes to go to the library when in times like this.
He wasn’t wrong at all when he finally found his father in the library, sitting on the rocking chair and facing the outside with that glass wall, spacing out and seems something is running in mind.
“abeoji,,he mentioned softly…
Father just look at the son, looked weary and sad. Jin came closer to him but his father just heaved a deep sigh and faced the outside again.
“I’m sorry when I insisted my relationship with V…Jin started…
“jin,,please,,I want to rest,,I want to think….abeoji muttered…
“I’m here because I want to help…jin hold his father’s hand…
“I don’t know what to do anymore,,first, my best friend, second, you, third, Jr…am I lacking something? Am I over-expecting everything?
“abeoji,,can I ask?
“What is it this time?
“when you finally approved your best friend’s relationship with the other singer,,what did you feel?
“ahmmm…I feel happy,,,I did something horrible at first, he almost forgot everything about himself due to the accident because we didn’t acknowledge their relationship and I felt so happy when he finally back, and I feel happy that he’s happy being with his boyfriend..look at them now,,they are living so perfect, hyun joong made him happy just like what he promised…father formed a curve on his lips while telling the story..
“why did you approved me with V? is it because V is your bestfriend’s son? But V is just adopted by them…Jin asked again..
“ahmmm maybe because I was afraid that I will do another mistake, and also that makes you happy, you said you‘re happy with him…well V somehow became a good influence on you,,you stopped making trouble as what you promised me when you asked me for my approval…father said with a smile…look at you now, you’re doing better in the agency and somehow V can help you out later on…
“abeoji,,ren is important to jr..ren is somewhat became jr’s strength, jr’s reason for his studying hard, the reason for him to smile and be happy like us, he prefer to die if you will continue to break them apart…abeoji..can’t you think of the same reason to approve them, like the reason you had when you decided to approve us?…
“I don’t know,,all my dreams to my sons are gone..it disappeared in just a click…
“your dreams for us is to be happy to the ones we love and have our own family…abeoji,,I’m happy with V and like your best friend, they had their happy family despite the abnormalities in the relationship, Jr can have it too with ren..Jr will take over the business as what you’ve plan…nothing will change aside from the marriage you wished us to have…
“am I that bad to my two sons for being like this?..
“no abeoji,,,you are not…jin smiled to his father, enlightening him for what is the reality, that expectations is different from what’s in reality…he left, leaving his father to think more..
Jin came back to the room. A smile shines on his face and his brothers back.
“what took you so long,,saeng appa is calling me already,,,they want me to go home, something’s happen at home…V complaint…
“something bad? Jin questioned..
“I don’t know,,they didn’t told me..they just want me to go home early…V pouts…
“okay..I’ll take you home….jin offered…
“but wait…where did you go?…and what’s with that happy face when you came? Jr curiously ask…
“it’s okay,,you two can talk…I’ll take a taxi…V said and kissed his boyfriend on the cheeks and exited..
Jin is about to follow his boyfriend when Jr looked at him with a pitiful face. Jin can’t do help it but to just stay with him while V rushed to go home worried about his saeng appa’s message to him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ren hold his breath while on the car heading home, he doesn’t want to make tears at all, and he doesn’t want to worry his brother too. He never had any questions from his brother even if he knew what happen in that hotel room, he never tells him that it was too embarrassing being seen with someone by others, he was never confronted how shameful it was if it will leak it as scandal.
Chanyeol informed his maids ahead to prepare the garden for a barbeque and as they had reached home, all the friends headed to the garden. Serving their selves. While chanyeol and baekhyun talked to the brother.
“I’m going to rest, and thank you for not leaving me alone..ren uttered and embraced his brother..
“go get some rest..don’t worry, everything will be alright..baekhyun the younger’s arm…
Ren run to his room when he thought he can’t hold it back anymore. He locked his room and curled on the bed, his tears overflows again and his sobs didn’t able to be controlled. He felt ashamed for what happen. His thought was full of him and jr rushing to wear their clothes while jr’s father is watching them angrily. He can’t help himself from being guilty because he always give his brother a problem.
He went to the bathroom and filled the bathtub with water, he took off his clothes and slowly entered on the tub, he stood there while thinking Jr’s words.
“……and I will lose my right mind if you insist to take me away from him..I’ll end my life”
Jr’s words sink in his mind. He thought what if he will just end his life too? Is everything will be okay?. He slowly sat on the tub, shaking and inch by inch, he’s trying to immerse his whole body on the warm water.
But then after a minute, he pulled up himself, gasping for air and regaining is breath. He was shocked, because while he was covering by the entire water, he saw his brother comforting him with love. He thought why he did that.
“hyung, I’m sorry,, I’m so sorry…he mumbled and cried..
When he put himself in his right mind, he let the water drained and wash himself quickly. He wear his clothes and run downstairs, heading to where his brother at. He jumped to him with the embrace.
“what happen? Chanyeol was surprised…the other were shocked..
“hyung, I’m sorry,,I will never do that again…I love you…ren uttered…
“what is it? Why? What happen to you? Chanyeol asked him more…
“nothing,,I just dreamt of something…ren mumbled not breaking his embrace to his brother…
“aigoo…okay,,you want to stay here? Anything you want to eat? Chanyeol asked…
“I’ll prepare him some food. Baekhyun offered…
“ahh no need..I’ll just eat what’s in here… I just need cider…ren pursed his lips,,,
“I’ll get you one..baekhyun stood up….
“baek we have maid…stop doing things that maids can do…chanyeol blocked his lover from going and called the maids to do it…
“what a perfect family,,,,kris commented in mandarin..
“what did he say? Chanyeol looked at kris…
“I said your family is so perfect…kris said in English this time which chanyeol understand it…
Everyone smiled and gives another compliments. Ren smiled too, somehow forgetting what has been damage that day. There’s only one thing that bothers him after they were caught, that one day he will give his brother a bad reputation. He doesn’t know why but it makes him nervous and worried because of that incident.
--------------------------------------------------