ending it with love

PLAYFUL HEARTS: LOVE IS MY WITNESS
Chapter 28:
 
Taehyung was rushing. He kept on biting his nails while on his way home. He’s assuming that something bad had happen at home. As soon as the taxi was stopped, he gave the fare and hopped out from the car. He rush home and kept on calling his parents.
“in dining room, honey,,,,saeng appa shouted from the kitchen…
“appa,,what happen?! He asked worriedly.
Three people looking at him and taken aback. V’s eyes grew when he saw the three special persons in front of him, one is sitting on the head of the table, one is holding a tray, and another one is holding a tray of glasses.
“wh~~what’s happening here? He asked, stuttering and astounded…
“did you run? Hyun joong appa asked…
“well, I thought something bad happened so I rushed to go home…V said with a frown..
“hmmm,,owh sorry honey,,,your baekhyun hyung called and told me that he wants to have a dinner with you,,with us…so I panic because we don’t have groceries, so I just told you to come home early…saeng appa explain…
“haissstttt appa!!! I thought there’s an emergency!! V screamed with a so ugly face…
“I’m sorry…I just thought of surprising you,,,baekhyun made a greasy smile…
“it’s evening,,and chanyeol hyung allow you to go? Does he know that you’re going here? Don’t tell me you just sneak~~ V questioned with a raise brow…
“he knows..baekhyun cut the brother..actually his whole group of friends were at home, having a get together for kris’ win,..baek stated..
“you have visitors and you left? V asked with an open mouth..
“I told him beforehand, he almost forgot it but I informed him and he told me to go…they don’t need me there…baekhyun shrugged…
“anyway,,tell that tall guy congratulation and for the first time aron hyung is down to 2nd place….V went to his seat and checked the menu…
“so you’re okay now? Saeng appa asked…
“obviously,,he saw the food, now his drooling over the foods in front of him,,,he even forgot to invite his brother to sit…hyun joong appa shook his head..
“owh,,hyung,,come sit beside me..V pulled his brother and sited him on his left side..
“start the food now…baekhyun messed his brother’s hair..
“you too..feel at home,,,they always wanted to invite you here but they are hesitant to approach you…so I’m sure saeng appa is too nervous when you called him and informed him that you want to have dinner here…V told mocking his parents…
“yahhh!!! Don’t tell him that,,we are not hesitant to, we’re just thinking twice because we know he’s too busy with his work…saeng appa rebut…
“fine..fine,,V gestured a kiss to his appa…
Hyun joong appa and baekhyun are laughing.
“hyung…can you sleep here? Will chanyeol hyung allow you to be here the whole night? V pouts while asking…..
“ahmm maybe next time,,your chanyeol hyung needs me there,,,I just allow him to drink that’s why he allowed me to go…I’m sure he’ll be drunk later…baekhyun made a sad face to his brother, he wants to but he needs to check chanyeol too…
“I see,,he’s too strong and he’s really a cold man but he’s too weak when it comes to alcohol…V mumbled while picking his food…
“there are some people like that,,they can’t tolerate alcohol in their body…hyun joong appa talked..
“okay…I will not insist to…but be sure next time you will stay overnight here…V made a pinky promise and baekhyun accepted it..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chanyeol was enjoying with his friend’s company while baekhyun leave the house to have a dinner to his brother. And ren just stayed with the company of his brother, entertaining himself with the food that he grilled on his own pan.
“is he staying there for tonight? Kyungsoo asked referring to baekhyun…
“I don’t think so…he didn’t told me…chanyeol answered..
“so, you are fine with taehyung now? Kai then followed to ask…
“not bad anymore…it’s been a couple of years already though we argue but it’s just a petty arguments..we used to have it, I’m just playing with it…chanyeol smiled widely…
“aigoo,,now it’s confirmed that you are really fine now..compared before and you almost died because of stress..sehun commented..
“did he? Ren interrupted not knowing what was his brother‘s condition back then because all he knows is that he was forced to be parted from his boyfriend…
“oopsss..well that’s past and chanyeol regain his strength when baekhyun came back again and helped him…kyungsoo frowned as he said…
“ahhh,,hyung~~ ren looked at his brother and stared at him in the eyes…wanting to confirm it…
“what? I’m fine now,,chanyeol whispered..
“I know,,,I just need more beef and meat,,, ren muttered and pointed on his plate, changing the topic…
“tssshhhh,,,you eat like a pig,,,how many kilos did you finished already? Chanyeol smirked…
“hmmp,,ren pursed his lips…
Chanyeol shake his head while standing up and pick a large slice of beef on the other table and gave it to his brother.
“thanks,,,ren said and starts to grill his own again..
“ren looked so young still, he’s still childish as before..he’s whiny when it comes to you…luhan noted…
“well it’s better to have him like this rather than have him grow up and decides to live away from me…3 years were just enough for me to miss him this much…chanyeol sighed while looking at his brother.
“that’s how he loves me,,well he’s willing to empty his pocket for me… you witnessed it,,he really loves me more than he loves himself…right? Ren wink..
Everyone laughs, somehow they see ren as the kid ren just like before, that he’s still the ren that they used to play with.
“chanyeol open your bottle, let’s cheers for ren’s coming back to you…kai said and gave another bottle..
“this is the last,,,you know I can’t drink much,,,and you know how baekhyun will scold me if I get drunk…chanyeol replied…
“okay,,,we know it,,,we can imagine how baekhyun looks like…kyungsoo frowned…
Another hours had passed and ren decided to go inside, being full and his tummy was bloated already and was really stuffed with meats and beefs and other foods. And another an hour later everyone decided to go home since they feel the effect of the alcohol. Luhan was drunk and so sehun needs to carry him, while kyungsoo was needed a support from kai, kris just wave to chanyeol and he’s still normal, well tao is not present.
Chanyeol sigh in relief because he wasn’t force to drink a lot, he is normal and the little dizziness a while ago was gone already since he had rest already. He called his maids and told them to clean up. He went upstairs to check his brother.
Nevertheless, ren felt a little pain on his tummy after he washed and change his clothes. He ignored it at first, he thought it was just because he’s full. He rest on his bed and have a nap. As he stir on his bed, he felt his tummy aching. He was about to call his brother when he entered on time.
“hyung,,I think I have stomach ache…ren groan…
“what..?look what happen now? You over ate…chanyeol panic and phoned their home nurse.
“ahhh hyung,,,ren cried as he gripped tight on his brother’s arm…
“sir,,,the nurse came and run to ren..quickly put a warm patch on the stomach and gave him his medicine.
Few minutes later, ren finally calmed down and went back to his sleep. Chanyeol stayed beside him, ruffling the hair and smiled after a sigh.
Ren’s phone beeps and few messages pop on the screen. He was tempt to open them when he saw to whom they are from.
*ren baby, please talk to me,…
*don’t ignore me please…
“don’t give up again, I promised you, everything will be fine..I can’t afford to be parted from you..I swear I will die if you do..
*ren please, just one message…I love you,,,I need you…
Chanyeol breathed heavily again while staring at his brother. And another message came.
*I talked to father already, it seems he was thinking about the talk we had, please do wait a little more, I know it’s really impossible but I don’t want to give up, I’m willing to go with you, let’s not give up okay? I love you so much..
Chanyeol smiled, somehow he remember how he changed himself just to get baekhyun back again to him. He touch the screen and typed a reply. Jr is so persistent and he felt the sincerity of the boy, he sent a reply to inform him so that he will lessen the worries that the boy might have.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jr was worried. He somehow can’t stay at ease. He really wants to talk to ren, he wants to confirm what was his brother had mentioned. He also wants to see if ren is still holding to what they promise, to stay together and start for the second chance.
He sent few messages, telling him to talk, pleading to him to hold on and so on and so forth. Then finally he got a reply.
*it’s rens brother, he’s seeping already, he got a little stomach ache isnce he ate a lot, but he’s fine if that’s what you want to know, he’s not ignoring you, it’s just that maybe he’s doubting how can you both be strong enough to stay together, I know ren loves you so much and I’m giving my permission for that, just one thing, don’t hurt him again, make sure you can defend him from your family. He’s just here, waiting for you.
Jr felt relieved, now he can think properly knowing that their relationship is half acknowledge. He smiled knowing that ren is still waiting for him. He flopped on his bed and wiggled. But everything was dropped when he thought of his father again, his mom is not a problem since she was just taking what’s his father’s decision, in short she has no power to contradict every decision in the house.
“please changed my father’s mind,,let him accept us even just a little acceptance…he prayed.
“Jr!!!! a shout and screamed outside calling his name…
He stirred up and run outside. He saw his mom and his brother trying to lift the head of the family from the floor.
“what happen? Jr asked and helped out…
“he suddenly collapsed….mom answered while crying…
“prepare the car,,,Jin told…
Their father was sent to the hospital, all of them, their mom was crying while jin keeps on shaking their father and jr sped up the car. Good thing he is a car racer and so he knows how to run the car fast and at the same time overtake some cars safely.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baekhyun came home 11 in the evening, the garden is already clean when he checked, the house is quiet. He went straight after to his man’s room but he didn’t saw him there, he went down to the office but it was empty too. He decided to check their mom, and the lady is already sleeping. He went to ren’s room and there he found his lover, cuddling the little brother. He formed a smile, somehow find it cute. He step closer and smoothly ruffled the hair.
Chanyeol woke up. And instantly check on his brother and the warm patch on the stomach..
“what happen to him? Baekhyun whispered…
“he ate a lot that’s why he had a stomach pain.. chanyeol answered and yawned…you just came home? He asked and look at his watch..
“hmmm,,baekhyun hum…
“maybe ren is fine now,,I fell asleep…chanyeol said and pulled out of the bed.
They both exited the room and went to their own rooms, changing their clothes, chanyeol went to baek’s room and crawled up to the bed. He quickly gets his sleep since he’s feeling tired. Baekhyun chuckled and crawled to bed too.
“good night? Baek whispered to the ear and kissed him on the cheek.
He laid his back facing him and feel the breath of him. Closing his eyes and he fell asleep quickly too.
Chanyeol stirred after an hour and pulled his over into his cuddle. Putting him into his arms and went back to his slumber.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day, a quick news was aired about Mr. Kim Kyu Jong being rushed to the hospital, plus a leak out photo on the newspaper about ren and Jr. medias who are being exaggerated and greedy in terms of exposure, they connected the two shocking news together and came out a one article
“Mr. Kim Kyu Jong was hospitalized because of his son Kim Jonghyun and Park Chanyeol’s sibling being caught together in their own hotel room”
Everyone was shocked, being a gossip inside the hospital and due to the publicly aired on national television, all the people knew about it and it became the topic everywhere. Their friends called and reporters crowded the hospital. Mr. Kim is unconscious while Jr and jin with their mother doesn’t know what to do. There’s no other choice but to call their friends.
Aron came and help with the family’s staff and bodyguards to safely sneak out Jr and Jin out of the hospital while their mom was left and was strictly guarded by some men in uniform.
On the other hand, chanyeol saw the reporters outside his company. Kyungsoo came and hopped inside the car and told the driver to drop them at the back of the building.
“what the hell happening in there? Chanyeol annoyingly questioned…
“this…look, this news was aired this morning at 6 am news and it was also published in the newspapers..kyungsoo gave his phone and let the boss watch the recorded news plus the newspaper he bought.
“ren…we need to go back home, ren will go out to meet minhyun…chanyeol said and picked his phone to call…
“wait,,we need to go inside first,,the reporters are coming.. Don’t worry about ren,,I already informed baek a while ago..kyungsoo said and panic when he saw the reporters coming their way…
Chanyeol calmly entered the back gate and was fully guarded by their securities. He calmly walk on the hallway, his employees are alert already to what is possibly going to happen. He sited on his chair as if nothing is happening. Kyungsoo starts to call some additional securities and police assistance.
Meanwhile, ren was about to go out when baekhyun blocked him on the gate. Hearing a lot of noise, ren wondered what is it, while baekhyun already knows. He drag the younger at their rooftop and showed him the group of reporters in front of the gate.
“hyung,,what is that for? Ren asked again…
“ren..the thing happened in the hotel, someone took some photos and they spread it on the medias…baekhyun informed…
“what? But…ren was speechless, he thought if this is the reason why he feel nervous and bothering his mind from that day? The thing he was worrying finally came.
He thought of his brother, and was interrupted by the ring of his phone, he quickly answered it when Jr appeared on his screen.
“Jr..ren uttered…
“are you okay? Jr asked from the other line..
“ye,,I’m at home. What do we do now? Do something jr ….
“I don’t know what to do,,we didn’t expect this to happen, father is in the hospital,…
“your father is in the hospital? But why?
“you haven’t seen the news? He collapsed last night and someone says it is because of us..
“eotteokke, is this the consequence for insisting to continue our relationship?
“ren,,don’t think like that,,this is just coincidence…someone just made it too complicated..and they exaggerates it…
“but we both know that your father is against us and I’m sure he’s too stressed because we started again and you backed out with your marriage to fionna..
“ren, no,,,don’t blame yourself for this…
“I don’t know jr,,I don’t know what to think already, I’m not sure about us too…I’ll tell the reporter about the truth…ren cried and hanged the phone.
Ren wiped his tears off…hyung, I’m going to face them, besides, they will not stop until I showed up and say some words…he said..
“ren,,let’s wait for your brother okay? he’ll be here after they settled the reporters in the company, kyungsoo sent me a message a while ago… baek hold the younger’s both shoulder and told..
“I already caused a lot of pain an problems to my brother, he don’t deserve this, I always rely on him..this is what I am worrying hyung, to put him in a shameful situation like this…if I just knew what will happen, I just stay away from jr…
“don’t blame yourself,,,this is just a small problem,,just leave it to your brother…
“no…I’ll tell the reporters about it,, I will tell them my side…ren insisted and run, but before baekhyun could catch him, he able to close the door of the roof top and locked it outside..
“ren!!!,,,baekhyun shouted and he was trying to open the door….
“I’m sorry hyung but I need to do this…
“ren!! Open the door!! Don’t you ever go outside…!! Owh ren please,,,he screamed…! My phone….he stomp his feet because he can’t do something, he has no keys and he threw his phone on his bed when he rushed to go outside to check ren and the situation outside.
Ren hold his breath while walking towards the gate, the guards try to stop him but he insisted, instead they guarded him well. He stood in front of the hungry reporters while he was feeling nervous and his decision is just so sudden.
On the other hand, Jr and Jin got home safely but then few reporters tailed behind them. He phoned his boyfriend as soon as they entered the house to be safe. He was worried because ren keeps on blaming themselves, his words seems like he’s regretting everything.
“I don’t know jr,,I don’t know what to think already, I’m not sure about us too…I’ll tell the reporter about the truth… that was ren’s last words to him before the call was ended.
“hyung..what will I do now? Ren,,,ren said he’s going to tell the truth to the reporters…Jr said, looking on the corner while thinking his lover’s words..
“what do you mean? what is he talking about? Jin asked confused too..
“is he planning to deal with the reporters? Aron who was with them asked..
Abruptly, Jr stand up,,hyung I’ll go to the reporters,,he uttered…
“what? Are you insane? Father is in the hospital, I don’t think he’ll like your idea…so just stop your nonsense idea..jin scolded…
“no..they will not stop until I speak and answer their question…
“no you will not do that..jin blocked him and pushed him down to the sofa..let me handle this…
“hyung please, just let me okay?,,jr insisted..
“wait,,abeoji’s best friend,,,uncle saeng can help us…just wait and I’ll call them…jin said and phoned him..
Jr waited but few minutes later he didn’t able to obey, he still headed outside and just like what ren’s did, he stood in front of the reporters and listened to their demands and questions. Aron is also busy taling to his phone and so he had the chance to run outside. He gulped and squeezed his hands.
Chanyeol who was sitting calmly in his office thought of going out already because he is too worried for his brother, he was calling his man but baek is not answering.
“are you sure? Kyungsoo confirm..
“yes,,,let’s go,,I can’t stay still here while I don’t know what’s happening at home..
Chanyeol perm his suit and prepared to go outside. Kyungsoo followed and alerted the staffs and employees to prepare for their President’s exit to the building.
“sir,,,can you give as some clarifications regarding the news? He is your brother right? Reporters begun to push and pull while asking..
Chanyeol help up his right hand, kyungsoo told them to keep quiet. But no one is listening to him.
“keep quiet please!!! You can’t get any answer if you keep questioning,,just wait for the answer before you come out with another question for goodness sake!!!,,,kyungsoo yelled as he stand in front of his boss..
Everyone toned down, some finally stopped and it became calm. Somehow kyungsoo felt embarrass and cleared his throat. He was about to talk again in behalf of chanyeol when his boss stopped him.
“it’s okay, I’ll answer it,,,chanyeol said calmly,,,,good job,,he mouthed..
“good job your face…kyungsoo mouthed back and rolled his eyes..
“okay,,I will answer all your questions but not now,,,I don’t know what’s the news about,,so please let me find out first the details,,I can’t give you any information because I have no knowledge about it..that’s all thank you,,,chanyeol said calmly and no expression at all.
“so can we ask your brother instead? A reporter in the front asked..
“I will tell you the details and information after I asked my brother, for now, I’m sorry,,I haven’t talk to my brother about this,,,once again, I’m sorry… chanyeol said to them and left without other words.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baekhyun was locked on the rooftop and doesn’t know what to do to protect his lover’s brother. He wants to inform his lover but he is not capable to. He kept on throwing his louder voice just to seek help from whoever will hear him but no one is coming.
Ren bravely faced the reporters without any proper plans and without any preparation on what to tell them, he never experience being interrogated in front of any media, he haven’t been exposed to any public news. He doesn’t know the consequence of what he was doing. The noise was ringing on his ear and he was feeling nervous at the same time. He froze because he didn’t expect that it is too difficult to deal with the reporters.
Chanyeol is on his way home, keeping his mind full of worries for his brother. Keeping on checking his phone, waiting for baekhyun to make a call to him but it makes him worried even more because even his lover is not answering still.
Mr Kyu is in the hospital, he collapsed due to over thinking about his son, partly, the medias are right. He was about to talk to jr again but suddenly he lost his balance and lost his consciousness.
Jr was trying to save his relationship and protect ren from his father but in exchange he didn’t predict what will be the cause of it to his father and to everyone around them. Ren seems like giving up again and he dislike it. Just like what ren had mentioned, he will tell the reporter about the truth and so he decides to face the reporters too without knowing what to tell them, he was publicly exposed before and so this will be his second time, but still this is a different case which he is not able to prepare and never expected it to happen, he has no idea how that photo was taken.
Jin, as the eldest, was trying to handle it and he thought maybe in absence of his father, Mr. Heo Young Saeng, his fathers best friend and an associate in their entertainment agency would be a help, but he didn’t able to control his brother on what he wants to do.
V together with his parents are heading to Kim’s residence after he received the favor from Jin. Though they experience this kind of situation before, they were shocked too because the photo is too scandalous though the persons on the photo are not that zoomed and not that clear but medias are media, they can exaggerate any piece of image plus the testimony of the witness.
Because they belong to the higher society, and they are part of a public figure, plus they are the next heir of their family companies, medias will bite with it and they will buy whatever reported article to them as long as there is someone who could testify and confirm about it and there‘s an evidence that matches the whole story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------