Chapter 23: But first...

Can you love me?
Jungkook’s POV:
 
[Hey.]
 
I got my reply a few seconds later.
 
[Jungkookie!!! You aren’t asleep yet? What’s my poor boy doing at night? Thinking of me?] I scoffed.
 
[Can we meet? At The Ramen Shop?]
 
[Sure! See you in awhile~~~] I got up and rushed to the shop.
 
“Ajumma!”
 
“Oh Jungkook-shi, why are you here? And why are you alone, shouldn’t you be with Ji-oh right I’m sorry.” Listening to how much Ajumma’s eyes perked up at my appearance but when she remembered Jimin and I…broke up hurt me so badly.
 
“That’s why Ajumma, I came to fix things today!” Her eyes perked up again.
 
“I’m glad you know what’s right, Jungkook-ah. That boyfriend of yours always gave me a feeling that he’s hidi-“ The bell jingled again and Wonwoo jumped onto me, planting kisses on my cheek. I quickly shoved him off and found the usual table.
 
“Jungkookie~~~ What’s the occasion that you asked me out?”
 
“Don’t call me that anymore.”
 
“Whyyy~~~ It’s so cute! Ahh it rained again. So many rainfalls this month.” He stared outside the window, eyes that keep wandering here and there. I saw his adam apple bobbed up and down as he gulped.
 
“I want to break up.”
 
“Why?! I tho-“
 
“I don’t like you in the first place. I didn’t meant to be in a relationship with you. I don’t love you, I’m sorry.” I bowed and tried to speak as politely as I could. He was my friend after all.
 
“I-I…I get it, you still love Jimin right?” I nodded.
 
“It’s alright…I should have not interfered in the first place! I support you all the way Jungkook!!” H-he does?!
 
“Y-you do?! Wonwoo you’re the best!”
 
“Yeah yeah…go chase him dude!”
 
“Thanks bro! And uh…sorry.” I bowed once more before leaving immediately. The weight on my shoulders left immediately and they will never be crashing on me anymore! I’m free, dumb and in love again! And this time, I’ll never let you go Jiminie, even if yo reject me multiple times!
 
“Tae-hyung! You got to help me!” I exclaimed the moment Tae-hyung picked up the phone.
 
 
 
Jimin’s POV:
 
It’s two weeks since my family left for a holiday. They wanted me to go along, but I lied and said I preferred staying in this house. This house…I’ve been here all my life, yet I couldn’t feel the warmth this house always gave me. I felt cut out from the world, and I could never find the courage to end my life. Yes, I thought of it before, but I couldn’t. Why? It feels as if something is holding me back, not willing for me to let go. 
 
Since that talk with Tae, I got multiple messages everyday, from all my hyungs, asking me if I’m alright and stuff, sometimes they will give me surprise visits, each ending off with a long talk about having surgery and me chasing them off in annoyance. I know they’ve thought about working to get me money for the surgery, but I warned them not to. It would ruin their youth, time and happiness trying to save a dying guy with no cure.
 
It’s useless. Completely.
 
And I found myself hurrying to tidy up the whole messy house when I realised my family is coming back…IN TWO HOURS. Argh, dammit.
 
I ran to pick up al the junk food, magazines and dumped them all in the rubbish bin. I wiped the coffee table and dining table clean, arranged the flowers neatly, swept and mopped the floor. Washed the toilet, clean the dishes, and finally throw the trash away.
 
Not without multiple headaches, vomiting, and getting tired easily. Seeing that I have 15 minutes left, I went to take a short bath.
 
I on the tap, letting the luke warm water seep on my body, watching the glass get stained with steam. Then I thought about life (A/N: Who wouldn’t? XD)
 
Two weeks. Any moment now I might die. , maybe I’ll even die while taking a . But who cares anyway? My family? Maybe. Hyungs? Yes. Tae…definitely.
 
“Jimin! My baby, how are you? We missed you so much!”
 
The moment I changed my clothes and went to the living room, I was greeted by many hugs. But right after that, my siblings left the house to hang out with their friends, leaving me and my parents.
 
“I’m fine Eomma. Yes Appa I didn’t do anything wrong. I-“
 
“How’s Jungkook?” I froze. What do I tell them?
 
“U-uh…he is doing…fine.”
 
“That’s good to hear. What did you do to your hair?”
 
“I know it’s looks bad-“
 
“You look so handsome! Oh? Who’s that?” The door bell rang.
 
“I’ll get it.” I rushed to the door in embarrassment. As I opened the door, I combed back my hair to keep the parting straight.
 
“Oh Tae Tae you’re he-“ I saw Tae grinning at me. I smiled too, then he moved aside and…
 
“Jungkook.” What is he doing here?
 
“Oh Taehyung-shi you’re here! And Jungkook-shi! Such a pleasure to see you? What’s the occasion?” Eomma likes my friends a lot, you see. She goes crazy sometimes.
 
“We heard you guys just came back, so we’re visiting!” Tae grinned. I didn’t look up from my feet. I could feel a pair of eyes waiting to find mine, but I wouldn’t look up.
 
“How are you?” Jungkook bowed to my parents.
 
“We’re fine Jungkook-ah. We were just talking about you. Come on in!”
 
“Oh? Talking about me? I hope it isn’t anything bad then!” He chuckled. That laughter, I loved. No, no, no! Jimin get a grip of yourself. He doesn’t like you anymore.
 
What was wrong with Jungkook? First he ran away from me, ignored my calls and texts, next moment he is with Wonwoo, and then scolded me, he dropped me down, and now he’s back pretending nothing is wrong.
 
“Have you guys eaten lunch?”
 
“Nope not yet!” Taehyung laughed, rubbing his stomach. I giggled at his stupid act.
 
“Great, stay for lunch-“
 
“But Eomma…” I groaned. Firstly, the headaches I’m experiencing are throbbing like now, and I have no mood to cook especially when Jungkook is here!
 
“No buts, Jimin! Go cook now! I miss your cooking too.” I groaned extremely loudly for Eomma to hear then stomped to the kitchen. The kitchen was a turn left behind the staircase, away from the living room, so people in the living room can’t smell the food nor hear talking in the kitchen
 
I heard some mumbling before footsteps running behind me.
 
“Tae you’re not going to experiment on my food again. You always mess things up and I’m the one cleaning up for you.” I said, not turning behind. I entered the kitchen and Tae closed the door behind me.
 
“Tae, I said-“ It wasn’t Tae, it was Jungkook. 
 
“What are you doing here in the first place?!” I whispered, taking a step closer to him.
 
“I want to apologise I-“
 
“No I don’t need an apology! Did you know how much you hurt me when you left the house? And then I heard you’ve been dating Wonwoo, I even saw you guys acting in love with one another. I can’t stand it! And then you insulted me and left me crying on the floor in the rain. Now you’re here to-“ I got cut off with those soft lips on mine. 
 
I responded immediately. God, I missed them so much. Then I came back to my senses.
 
“Get away from me!” I pushed him away, wiping my lips with the back of my right hand.
 
“Just what do you think you’re doing?! You ruined my life, what else do you want?! Tell me…” I cried.
 
“I-“
 
“Jungkook, get out.”
 
“But I-“
 
“Just get out, I can’t face you right now.”
 
“Jimi-“
 
“GO AWAY!” He jumped back in surprise. He looked at me in pure shock, and was trembling a bit.
 
“Jimin?” My parents and Tae ran in to find the both of us in a mess.
 
“What’s going on?” Tae asked.
 
“IT’S YOUR FAULT TAE. GET HIM AWAY NOW!” I screamed, my voice going hoarse and my head throbbing worsened.
 
“I…I’ll go.”Jungkook bowed and ran away. I looked as he ran, the figure I needed that never came back. He took one last look at me. His eyes full of sorrow, guilt. Then he left.
 
“E-eomma…” I cried. I was such a crybaby. What am I doing? Aren’t I supposed to get Jungkook back? And now I chased him off.
 
“Jimin…” She bent down and hugged me when my legs gave way.
 
“I…I argh!” I groaned as this huge surge went through my brain, and I passed out.
 
 
 
Taehyung’s POV:
 
“I…I argh!” Chim Chim fell onto the floor just like that. 
 
“JIMIN!” We all shouted.
 
His parents were in shock and his mom kept calling for him to be awake while his dad called the ambulance. They asked what happened to him and I ran up to his room to fetch that letter.
 
“I’m sorry we all kept this from you…Jimin and Jungkook also broke up a couple of weeks ago…” I passed them the letter and bowed. They took the letter and read it carefully.
 
“Jimin, I’m so sorry…what horrible parents we are…” Jimin’s Eomma cried.
 
 
Jiminie was then sent to the hospital.
 
[Hyungs, Jimin’s in hospital. Come now.] I texted the group…without Jungkook.
 
 
 
Jimin’s POV:
 
I opened my eyes to received blinding lights in return. I shut them immediately before slowly opening again, letting my eyes adjust to the light. Then I saw white walls, and eight figures around me.
 
“Oh Jimin! I’m so sorry Eomma didn’t notice anything!” I felt Eomma’s arms around me. I smiled and patted her back.
 
“Jimin-ah, you’re going for the surgery. You silly boy, Eomma and Appa have money for your surgery!” Appa patted my shoulder. Eomma nodded and she broke the hug, to be back hugged by Appa. They look so lovingly together.
 
“Eomma, Appa it’s okay. i forgive you guys. It’s my fault for not telling you anyways.”
 
“Jimin, are you okay?” Each hyung came forwards to talk to me.
 
I felt blessed. Not really though. My mind went back to the scene with Jungkook. My smile immediately fell.
 
 
*knock knock*
 
“Come in.” The doctor came in.
 
“Hi Jimin-shi.”
 
“It’s nice to meet you, doctor.”
 
“So the surgery is going on right?” I nodded and his smile widened.
 
“Now I’ll be going through some stuff with Jimin-shi so may you guys leave? And he needs rest later on so you can visit him tomorrow since it’s late.” I saw the timing. 9.30pm. How long was I asleep?
 
One by one they bid goodbye and they left. It was now me, the doctor and the clipboard he was holding in his hand.
 
“So…Jimin-shi.”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“You know technically you had around two weeks as predicted right?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“We scheduled the surgery as early as we could, but we could only get next Friday.” Next friday?! That’s like only two days before two weeks was over!
 
“Oh okay.”
 
(A/N: Some of these points I mentioned may or may not be true. I’m not sure myself but we’ll just keep it as the story goes yeah?)
 
“The later your surgery, the lower your chance of survival.”
 
“W-what? Why?” I felt the tears swarming again.
 
“The longer you take to..decide. Your body is very weak Jimin-shi, especially when the surgery is…you know…a few days before the predicted time. You may die halfway through the surgery or so. It is a heart transplant, yes I know. But if your body is being weak right now and cannot work with the new heart…”
 
“What’s the success rate?”
 
“I don’t know. I think it may be around 30% survival rate for 3 years and 50% rate for one year. Of course there are quite a few patients who have lived a healthy life longer than three years after the transplant-“
 
“I’l take it.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“It’s the only option.” He nodded. Right now, nothing seems to scare me anymore. I just accepted fate as it was.
 
 
 
 
Time skip to Wednesday, two days before the surgery~
 
 
 
Jungkook’s POV:
 
The relentless knocking on the door didn’t seem to let the Park family open the door. I could hear sobbing inside, but they still wouldn’t open the door.
 
Strange. I tried contacting Jimin too, but he always read my messages. The most I get was a reply for me to go away. Nothing else. At least he didn’t block me or shout at me.
 
But today I just couldn’t stand it. I ran to Jimin’s house and knocked once again. No reply as usual. But instead, I noticed it was very quiet in the house. Nobody’s home. Strange. Jimin’s parents were always home.
 
Thinking that something is wrong, I dialled Tae-hyung. But instead, he called me first.
 
“He-“
 
“JUNGKOOK!” His voice boomed through the speaker. I had to pull my phone away from my ear.
 
“-llo?”
 
 
 
Taehyung’s POV:
 
Today it was me, Jin-hyung and Namjoon-hyung’s turn to take care of Jimin. Despite he’s comments about him being an adult and perfectly well, we all knew he was scared and needed company.
 
So we took over the previous shift people (Yoongi-hyung, Hoseok-hyung and Jimin’s parents) while they went out for a meal to relax.
 
“Hey Jiminie!” I pounced onto the cuddly fluff ball of an idiot.
 
“Yah.” He laughed.
 
“So when are you planning to tell Jungkook?” Jin-hyung asked.
 
“You know, he’s been annoying these days, asking us about your whereabouts.” Namjoon-hyung replied.
 
“Of course we didn’t tell him, not without your consent.” Jin-hyung immediately said.
 
“I…honestly don’t know. I love him, but he’s just confusing me you know? Recently, he told me he broke up with Wonwoo and that he actually still loved me all this while.”
 
“He’s just a dumb boy in love with you. So what do you plan to do?”
 
“Let’s just see.”
 
We all talked and laughed when suddenly I felt a huge pain in my chest. I placed my hand over my chest, and breathed in deeply. It was difficult to breathe, and unconsciously my other hand grabbed the bed railing so tightly my knuckles went white.
 
“JIMIN!” The three rushed forwards. Jin-hyung tried to calm me down, Namjoon-hyung called the doctor. And Tae quickly pulled out his phone.
 
“JUNGKOOK!”
 
“TAKE THE ING SPARE KEY UNDER JIMIN’S HOUSE MAT AND GET THE LETTER PLACED ON JIMIN’S BED. NOW.” He then ended the call before calling my parents and the rest.
 
And then I blanked out again.
 
 
 
Jungkook’s POV:
 
“TAKE THE ING SPARE KEY UNDER JIMIN’S HOUSE MAT AND GET THE LETTER PLACED ON JIMIN’S BED. NOW.”
 
“Wh-“ The call ended. I quickly bent down to find the spare key under the mat and mentally killed myself for being so dumb. I opened the door hastily and sprinted up to Jimin’s room. I immediately ran to his bed and found the letter neatly tucked behind the pillow. I opened it and scanned through it quickly.
 
 
 
Love.
 
What does it truly mean?
 
Jungkook-ah. It’s been three weeks since you left me. Did we really break up? I don’t know myself. I didn’t cry these few weeks. Why?

Why did I only cry tonight? Was I missing love or companion? Or did I miss you? What did you think? I don’t know myself.

Did you really want me to go away? Or did you say that out of anger?

Kookie-ya. Sorry, I shouldn’t call you that anymore. Jungkook, how’s life? I heard you’re doing well. Remember that picture you drew of me? It’s still hanging in the room you know. I kept everything you gave me.

And the polaroids we used to take many times to almost every date we went to. Remember the ice cream one? When you and I decided to share ice cream and I placed some ice cream on your nose. It was so cute. Maybe you didn’t remember.

You can find all the stuffs I have in the box by the cupboard. Memories of us…together.

I love you forever. Right?

By the time you read this, just follow the coloured papers in order (Rainbow) and find out what I want from you. You can do it right? 

 
 
“Wh-what do you mean?” I felt the tears I’ve been holding in these almost two weeks all fell down. What did he mean?
 
“Polaroids. Rainbow letters…the first one. Is…RED! Red, red, red. The box by the cupboard! There!” I turned around to find the red box hiding in a corner.
 
 
 
 
Here you go! Next chapter will be the rainbow letters. The one we’ve been waiting for! Tell me your thoughts~~ Hwaiting!! By the way, I included the family thanks to iheart4ever!! Thank you so much! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!