Chapter 11: Jinnie

Can you love me?

 

HEHE I'm BACK with a new chapter~~~This chapter is the main story, that's why it's it has the "Chapter 11". And I guess I kinda not really talked much about the side ships (Namjin and Yoonseok) so I'm going to write about Namjin for this chapter! What do you think? Well, if you are not interested in Namjin, you can choose not to read this, but I swear Namjin is a really cute ship, their both so cute together! Enjoy this chapter! And btw this chapter was before Namjin dated :) I sorta think that the messaging thing is kinda confusing since sometimes the same character sends a few messages, and you might not know who it is, so I'm changing the format. Tell me what you think about it!

 

Namjoon's POV:

There he is again. Every day at this timing he goes to the library to read. I'm not a stalker, I swear, it's just that I'm always early and notice him when he comes in. Yeah right, a tough guy in a library? For what? Nah, I'm a librarian and I come here for 3-4 hours while doing my duties: Putting the books back in places, sorting them out, making sure no one does the wrong stuff in the library. Well, I must say, one of the reasons why I came here was to read the wide variations of books inside. I read all types of books, from scary ones to heroic ones to gory ones even to fairytales. What? I love books. The library was just huge. Hundreds and hundreds of them, I could never get bored of this library. The guy was around my height, but his shoulders were wide like , and his face was pretty. Yeah, pretty. Namjoon, chill, what are you doing?  Okay I admit it, I was gay when I was 12 years old, but out of all the guys I see everyday in school, this guys sort of caught my attention. Shaking my head to clear out the thought, I turned back to the trolley and started returning the books back to their lovely shelves. As usual, I took my time putting the books back, not trying to slack here okay? I'm just enjoying being surrounded in books. Anyway I still get my job done.

I picked up the first book in the trolley. 

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...Ahh this book, didn't read the series for awhile." I smiled to myself, letting all the memories of the book flow into my mind. I walked to the shelf and placed it where it belongs.

"Okay, next book. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Wow, this person was willing to read the whole series?" I chuckled to myself, before putting it right beside the previous book I placed. One by one, I placed books around back to their shelves. Finally I was down to a few books already.

"Sorry, could you help me return this back?" I turned around to see the guy I was thinking about before that. Wow...he looks prettier up close...and he has a beautiful voice...Wait calm down Namjoon!!!

"Huh...Oh yeah o-okay..." Did I just stutter?! I took the pile of books from him, and he sure did read a lot. I didn't estimate the weight of the books, and my hand slipped, and I fell onto the floor.

"Argh!" I groaned in pain. It felt like something just shot though my hand, I lifted my hand up. I could move it...but not my wrists. They were hurting really badly.

"Are you okay?! Oh no...your wrist is hurt...come on, let's go to the doctor." He pulled me up. His hands were so soft, and I couldn't let go of it. But he seemed to not mind though, as he started leading me out of the library.

"But my books..." Uh oh I just remembered. The actual librarian is gonna get real mad...

"It's okay, I'll help you later. I'm Seokjin by the way. Kim Seokjin. But call me Jin." He smiled the most perfect smile in the world.

"I'm Namjoon. I'm also a Kim haha...call me Rapmon, that's what my friends call me, because I major in rap." He wowed at me. I blushed slightly, trying to cover it.

"That's cool! I'm in vocals, not rap haha. I prefer Namjoon though...that's it I'm calling you Namjoon!" He smiled again. I nodded my head like an idiot before we got interrupted the school's doctor.

"What happened?" The doctor asked after examining my hand.

"He helped me carry a pile of books but he fell down, and the books and his weight fell on his wrists..." Jin helped me reply. I looked up at him and smiled slightly to show my thanks. He smiled back at me brightly.

"I think he sprained his wrist...so I have to bandage this up. And don't carry heavy stuff unless I tell you that you are allowed to. We all want a s[eedy recovery right?" The doctor joked while bandaging my wrist. Soon it was all done.

"Kansahamnida." Jin and I bowed as we left the room. We both walked back to the library, and I ran forwards towards the pile of books that were left messily on the floor. I used my left hand, the uninjured one and started picking up the books. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"Let me help you." Jin took over the books and started placing them back in the shelves. But I couldn't stop staring at him. His brown hair, pink lips, wide shoulder...  Namjoon look away...you're blushing again...

"Yeah that's it. Thanks for the help. My shift's over anyways so let me treat you to a drink okay?"

"Haha okay! But it's partly my fault that you got injured..." Jin frowned and buried his eyebrows.

"It's okay." His eyes lit up and smiled happily.

We walked over to the cafe and he took a seat while I went to get the drinks. Luckily they weren't that heavy so I could also carry one cup in the other hand.

"Caramel macchiato for you? Or would you like an americano?" I asked him, indicating the two different cups as I spoke.

"Caramel macchiato please. Wow...this is actually my favorite drink you know?" He stared at me in surprise.

"I didn't know that. Guess I was lucky!" I sat down in the opposite seat from him and started sipping on my drink. I sighed at the taste. It always tastes good.

"Oh no! I forgot, I have to meet my friend now! I'm sorry I have to go..." He jumped out of his seat. I smiled at him and told him to go, but part of me didn't want to. The bitterness of the coffee stayed there on my tongue, and I stared out of the window and sighed again. Will I see him again? I know I see him everyday in the library, but I want to spend more time with him.

Oh god. I just remembered. Tomorrow is the last day of school. So I have to wait till next year to see him again...

 

The next day...

"Riiinngggg!!!" I shoot out of my seat. Everyone around me got shocked, because a moment before I was just laying sleepily on my desk waiting for time to pass. 

"So my lesson ends here. There's no homework. See you guys next year. Have a nice holiday." The teacher bowed and left the class. Everyone shouted and screamed in excitement, chatting with their friends about the upcoming holidays and stuff. Some girls even cried because they won't see each other soon. I jogged out of the classroom and headed for the library.

I looked up at the time. 1.57...He should be here soon... I quickly hid myself behind the trolley pretending to be busy when Jin opened the doors of the library. He walked inside, looked around, a puzzled look on his face, before a disappointed one, before heading to one of the shelves to pick a book. Why is he sad? Was he looking for something?

I started pushing the trolley around, before finding myself right at the other end of the shelf where Jin is reading his book. Oh my god...slowly back out...Wait why am I so nervous about seeing him? But anyways...pray he didn't see me...good, he's immersed in his book...slowly, you're almost out of his view...

"Namjoon?" 

"Umm...hi..." I slowly turned around.

"What happened? You seem nervous."

"I..." I wasn't sure myself either. Why was i scared of seeing him at all?

"Kim Namjoon! Are you slacking again? Oh my god, I swear if you don't do your work again..." I hear the librarian's voice getting closer. Oh no...

"Ma'am I wasn't slacking..."

"Oh yes you are, which girl is it this time? Oh...hi, are you his boyfriend?" The librarian just had to mention the time I flirted with a girl during my shift, just why. Now she made things more awkward. I blushed.

"Ah...I-I no, I'm sorry...we're just friends, I would never be someone that is worthy enough to date him." He looked around nervously. 

"Namjoon you heard that? He complimented you! Now go back and do your work before I remove you from the library community!" The librarian was nice, just that when she threatens someone, she means it...most of the time. So I quickly headed back to do my work. But then of course I didn't have to volunteer to do this, but I enjoy it, so yeah.

I ignored practically everyone until my shift ended, and once it ended, I just picked my bag and hurried out of the doors. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulders, and I turned around to see Jin looking back at me excitedly.

"Yes?" I sounded more harsh than I meant to.

"Well I wanted to apologise. First, because I caused you to be scolded by the librarian and secondly for the compliment part." He didn't mean what he said?

"U-umm well it's alright...A-anyways I think I'll go back for now." I quickened my pace and started heading back home.

"Hey, hey Namjoon!" He ran over to my side.

"About the compliment part..."

"Hmm?"

"I meant what I said. Like you deserve someone who's very smart and nice not like what the librarian said that we were dating, so don't get the wrong idea...bye." He hesitated with his actions for a fraction of a second, before sighing and patting my shoulder, turning around and walking away as slowly as possible.

"H-hey wait!"

"Yeah?"

"Can I have your number? I'm not a or anything I just thought we could be friends and you know the holidays are here, so kinda like, chill together?"

"Hmm yeah sure, that sounds nice." He smiled warmly and typed his number into my phone, saving his contact as 'Jinnie'.

"Okay bye!" With that he left. I quickly rushed home so that I could spend time doing my own stuff.

"Ah...home sweet home..." I slumped on the sofa for moments.

"What to do...what to do...Oh yeah! Jin!" I piped up in excitement and quickly sent a message to Jin.

 

To: Jinnie

Hey! This is Namjoon here, you remember me right?

 

Immediately I got a reply.

 

From: Jinnie

Hii :) I was actually wondering when you would text me. So what are you doing now?

 

To: Jinnie

Wow I feel honored. I'm not doing anything, well except for talking to you.

 

From: Jinnie

Ohh I see. I'm baby sitting my brother right now. :)

 

To: Jinnie

How old is he? Well then am I disturbing you?

 

From: Jinnie

He's 15. Yeah I'm baby sitting him. This child never knows how to stop fooling around. In fact, his joining our school next year. Oh god, he's such a pain in the . But luckily his friend is coming over, actually my friend too, we're all close. And nah, you're not disturbing me :) Hey do you wanna join us? We're just hanging out and playing games. 

 

To: Jinnie

Sure! I'm living alone anyways, and I'm bored. Send me the address and I'll be there.

 

Once I knew the address, I put down my phone and started taking a short bath. 15 minutes later, I came out in only a towel wrapped around my waist, and stood in front of my closet, deciding what to wear. After putting on different clothes, I decided on a white shirt and some jeans. I put on my converse, took my phone and wallet before leaving the house. On the way, I checked my phone for messages. I realised Jin sent me a few.

 

From: Jinnie

Our friend said he'll be arriving in 5 minutes.

 

From: Jinnie

Oh goddd I'm excitied! This is my first time inviting a school mate to my house :)

 

From: Jinnie

Are you there? :0

 

From: Jinnie

Ahh...maybe you're preparing or on the way. Well, see you! :)

 

I quickly typed an reply.

 

To: Jinnie

Hey sorry, I was preparing :) I'm on the way now. And hey I realised you live very near me, but we took different routes yesterday, didn't we...?

 

His reply was immediate.

 

From: Jinnie

Ahh yayyy I thought you weren't coming. Oh we do? Well, I went to visit someone before that. Maybe we could hang out more often since we live close!

 

And then I continued walking.

 

Soon I reached his house. It looked pretty comfortable from the outside, with a tiny garden at the side with many different flowers, and pond with fishes and terrapins. The path to the front doors was a stone path, and at the sides of the houses were trees and trees. The house was mainly whitish beige, some slicks of blue and pink, it looked really nice. I knocked on the door. Three knocks, and Jin opened the door.

"Hey!" Jin was wearing a white shirt too, with jeans. He wore a pink apron around him, and I eyed him weirdly. He noticed it and chuckled.

"I'm cooking you see, and I love pink. Come on inside!" He ushered me in.

“Wow…” Inside looks way bigger than the outside. The house looks cheery inside, yet not too childish. There was a cabinet full of mario collections and figurines, and cabinets with books of many kinds. The interior was simple, the living room with a grey big couch, a big television and a short coffee table in between. The kitchen was clean, as in really clean, and there was a second floor.
 
“Nice right?” He followed me.
 
“Mmhmm…” I got lead onto the second floor, the nearest room. Jin opened it and I followed him inside, to see an orange haired boy and a brown hair one, shorter than the orange hair dude.
 
“Hi!!! You must be Namjoonie, hyung keeps talking about you since yesterday.” The orange hair guy said loudly before getting shushed by a really red Jin. I chuckled and bowed politely.
 
“Yep, I’m Namjoon. Nice to meet you.”
 
“I’m Taehyung, but you can call me…uhh taehyung. I’m still finding a nickname. This is my bestie, Chim Chim.”
 
“I’m Park Jimin, it’s nice to meet you. Jin usually isn’t that fond of the people in school according to him. You must be special.”
 
“I-I’m not…” Jin said that about me?
 
“Well s-since everyone’s here, let me go cook now! You guys can go chat.” Jin left down hurriedly.
 
“So…” I started awkwardly
 
“Find me a nickname!!! Tae is only for Jiminie” 
 
“Haha okay…how about…V?” I suggested.
 
“V? Ooh…but why?” He cocked his head sideways.
 
“Well you’re special, mysterious yet cute and dorky, so I thought of V.”
 
“Really? Namjoon-hyung, you’re so nice! Better than Jin-hyung who only nags at me!” He jumped and shouted at the top of his lungs excitedly.
 
“Kim Taehyung! I heard it!” Jin’s voice rang out and Taehyung pouted before laughing again.
 
We talked about many stuffs, before Jin called us for dinner.
 
“Wow…” I looked at the variety of food spread across the table. There was vegetables, soup, fish, eggs, and chicken.
 
“Try it!” I put one of the food in my mouth.
 
“Oh my god…Jin, I swear your cooking is as good as my mum’s…” He blushed at my comment. The food was heavenly, like one of the best I tasted. I swear I’ll never get tired of his cooking.
 
“See hyung, it’s really good, please stop saying that it is not nice.” Jimin smiled at Jin.
 
“Thanks Jimin-ah. So, how was life when I was’’t around? Did you guys meet any new people?” Jin smirked at the two younger ones.
 
“N-no…” Taehyung looked down and stared at his lap.
 
“Stop lying Tae, I’m your hyung, I know when you’re lying.” Jin rolled his eyes while Jimin and I chuckled at Tae.
 
“Well, I saw this girl at the cafe a few times before…”
 
“He means he saw this attractive girl working in the cafe and has been going there to the cafe every day, pulling me along, but recently we didn’t see her.” Jimin explained for Taehyung while Taehyung smacked him on the shoulders.
 
“Seriously Tae?”
 
“W-what..?”
 
“Why didn’t you make a move on her?”
 
“I was…embarrassed…” Then we all laughed at him.
 
“Okay since we’re all done, let’s go back to my room!” Taehyung jumped out of his chair and raced to his room. We all follow suite.
 
“What should we do?” Jin asked.
 
“Hmm…truth or dare.” Jimin took out a water bottle out of nowhere and spun it while we all sat in a circle around it. It landed on Taehyung.
 
“Tae, truth or dare?” Jimin asked.
 
“Truth.”
 
“What are you gonna do about the girl?”
 
“Umm…if I see her again, I’ll get her number.” Taehyung replied casually and spun the bottle. It landed on me.
 
“Truth or dare?”
 
“Truth.”
 
“Do you like someone?”
 
“Umm…really? I’m not sure if I like this person or not…but it’s like that person has an impact on me I don’t know how to explain…I guess you could say it may or may not be a crush.” I said while thinking of Jin. Do I like him?
 
“Ooh…” Jimin and Taehyung cooed while playing smirks at Jin. Jin pretend to ignore them, but in his eyes I could see a sad Jin, not a Jin who is truly smiling.
 
"Can I spin this time?" Jin asked. I let him spin and it landed on Jimin.
 
"Truth." Jimin said immediately once Jin opened his mouth.
 
"When are you giving up on him?" Who is the 'him'?
 
"Hyung I told you already, never. I made my promise. Can we don't talk about this anymore?" Jin nodded in silence. Throughout the rest of the game, Jimin looked a bit more emo but none of us said anything.
 
So we played on for hours, before I stood up and decided to leave. It was already 11pm.
 
"Do you really have to go~~~" Taehyung whined.
 
"Yeah I'm sorry. I'll come visit tomorrow kay? I live nearby." His eyes lit up.
 
"So I'll see you then?" I asked, mainly directing to Jin. Everyone nodded and Jin stood up to send me out.
 
"Thanks for coming." He smiled.
 
"And for the meal." I added.
 
"So...bye?" 
 
"See ya." I turned around and walked out of the house.
 
"W-wait!" I turned around.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Wait...nevermind...bye."
 
"Okay...bye!" This time I really turned back to walk home. What was he planning to tell me? His face looks flustered, it's so cute...I can't wait to see him again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Heyyy sorry for the short chapter :((( I actually wanted to continue with the main story, but I felt it was a bit unfair to Namjin, so yeah. And hey the mysterious person from the previous chapter appeared again! I kinda guess you guys will know who he might be, but heyyy surprises right? What do you guys want the next chapter? Jikook meeting Jungkook's hyung? Some Yoonseok? More Namjin? Or a character's backstory (pls comment which one)? Or maybe even just all of them hanging out together?
Thank you for reading, commenting and YEYYY 77 subscribers!!! Love you all, Kansahamnida, Hwaiting!!! Don't let anything bring you down! Well...except for the awesome fanfics made by awesome authors out there! Hwaiting Saranghaeyo and Annyeong!!! <3