Chapter 20: THE letter

Can you love me?
(The day when Jimin did the letters)
 
Jungkook’s POV:
 
Today I was going to meet Wonwoo, he called it a date.
 
“Wonwoo?”
 
“Yes Jungcute?” I hated it when he called me that.
 
“Let’s go out.”
 
“Okay!”
 
Did I just asked him out? What the actual…
 
 
 
Flashback~~~
 
I ran away from Jimin’s house as fast as I could. I heard hyung calling from behind, but soon the voice died down. I exercised for a reason. I couldn’t go back to the dorms now, Taehyung-hyung would question like and I don’t want anyone to annoy me right now. How about Wonwoo? Yeah he should be willing to let me stay with him for awhile.
 
“Who’s there? Oh hey Jungkook!” He opened the door while yawning. He was wearing bear printed pyjamas and a beanie on his head.
 
“J-Jungkook?!” I broke down in front of him. My legs buckled and luckily he managed to support me before I fell. 
 
“Dude come in!” He helped me inside.
 
“S-sorry…” I spluttered. Mucus and tears mixed together while flooding down your face isn’t an ideal one in front of your own best friend. But hey, that’s what friends are for right?
 
“So what happened?”
 
“I-I Jimin cheated on m-me!” I blurted out, my eyesight getting blurry due to the tears I shredded. I must look like right now.
 
“It’s okay dude…it’s okay, I’ll be here for you. Shush now, breathe slowly…” While crying and trying to breathe, I let out small high pitched whimpers that sounded like a Arianna Grande version whale hitting a high note (A/N: I’m not insulting Arianna by the way, love her <3)
 
I calmed down after awhile. And we ended up watching Iron Man, me holding a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows in my hands.
 
Wonwoo kept yawning throughout the movie. He tried to conceal it, but I still noticed it.
 
“Go to sleep Wonwoo.”
 
“Ani, it’s okay…” He yawned once more. He then changed his position on the couch, him hugging his bolster, lying sideways on the couch.
 
I heard light snoring a few moments later, and I chuckled to myself. I went to take a blanket and place it over him. He shuffled a bit under the blanket.
 
“Not asleep yet?”
 
“Now I am…” He said groggily.
 
“Jungkook…”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“What would you do if I said I love you?”
 
“Aww I love you too bro.”
 
“No I don’t mean it that way…”
 
“Then?”
 
“Jungkook, I love you i THAT way…” 
 
“W-what?”
 
“Since I first saw you, I laid my eyes on you. But then I realised you were in love with Jimin, so I didn’t interfere. It’s funny right, I only confessed at this moment….”
 
What the ? My best friend?
 
“So…do you accept my feelings?”
 
“…”
 
“Can you be my boyfriend?”
 
“Y-yes.” Did I just say that?!
 
His eyes shot wide open.
 
“Jjinja?! Omo, really Jungkookie?!”
 
“…”
 
“YES WOOHOOO!!! i will not let you down!” He exclaimed and pulled me into a hug and he fell back asleep again.
 
“I love you Jungkookie…” He mumbled.
 
“…”
 
 
End of flashback~~~
 
 
 
I sighed. My feet found themselves in front of the ramen shop Jimin and I used to go to many times. I don’t even remember why I told Wonwoo to meet me here.
 
 
Flashback~~~
 
After the last ride at the amusement park, we decided to go to the ferris wheel.
 
And just when the ride was over, it started raining once we exited the amusement park.
 
“Oh !” I cursed, when my candy floss got wet. I arched my body forwards slightly to cover my stuff with my body.
 
“Eh?” Suddenly the rain stopped but the sound continued. I looked up to see a jacket over me, Jimin holding me while we headed for shelter.
 
“Come on, we can’t let you catch a cold.” He guided me forwards.
 
We reached a convenience store nearby and he quickly removed the jacket from me, and took a towel from one of the shelves (A/N: somehow they sold towels XD) ans started wiping me (No ual thoughts here) away from the water.
 
“Your turn.” I said, taking the towel from his hands.
 
“It’s oka- *sneezes*” He sneezed while replying me.
 
“It’s obviously not okay.”
 
“I said it’s f- *sneeze* fine! Come on, let’s go eat.” He paid for the towel and dragged me out again. Somehow the rain stopped already.
 
“Where are we going?”
 
“You’ll see.” The wind in the night was making me feel cold again. Jimin sensed it and placed the jacket over me again, holding my hand to keep it warm. i blushed at the contact.
 
“We’re here.” I looked up to see a Ramen shop. It simply said ‘The Ramen Shop’  and there were a few people inside. We entered and were greeted by an grey haired ajumma.
 
“Good evening, Jimin-ah. Is this your friend?”
 
“Yes ajumma.”
 
“A table for…?”
 
“Two please." She nodded and brought us to a table at the corner of the shop, right next to the window.
 
“May I take your order?”
 
“Two bowls of kimchi ramen please.” Jimin smiled warmly at the ajumma. She nodded and left for the kitchen.
 
“This place is nice…” I said. It gave this cozy feeling of home, like I belong here? 
 
“It sure is! I’ve been here since i was little…” He trailed off.
 
“Then we should come here more often! Oh thank you, ajumma.” I bowed when ajumma brought the food over. She smiled politely at me.
 
“Mm this is so good!”
 
“…” Jimin was busy eating his food to reply me. I chuckled and took a picture of that. God knows how many pictures of him I have in my phone and he doesn’t know anything about it.
 
“We should come here more often the future!”
 
“Yep! Totally! Then we can do many cute stuff together~~” I smacked his head.
 
“Yah Jeon Jungkook!” He smacked me back.
 
We went back to silent moments of eating, with random slurping moments and chuckles.
 
“Oh? It rained again.” I said. The rain made pitter-patter noises on the window, occasional moments of people running around for shelter.
 
 
 
End of Flashback~~~
 
 
“Kookie? Kookie! Hey, are you listening?” I got snapped out of my thoughts. There was Wonwoo, waving his hands frantically in front of me.
 
“Oh sorry I was thinking.”
 
“Of?”
 
“Never mind let's go inside.” I walked in first.
 
“Hi, Jungkook. Is this your friend?” Ajumma greeted me as usual. I think she expected to see Jimin, as she looked behind me expectingly, but her face fell a bit when it wasn’t him.
 
“I’m his boyfriend.” Wonwoo said from behind, hugging me. Ajumma face fell more but she tried to put on a smile.
 
“Well, pick a table. There’s very little people today.” She bowed and left. I turned around to see her back, head shaking disappointedly. Then I got pulled by Wonwoo to Jimin and my favourite table - the one at the corner of the shop, beside the windows.
 
“What would you like to have?”
 
“Bibimbap and…Jungkookie what would you like?”
 
“Kimchi Ramen.” I said, looking down at my lap, trying not to look at ajumma.
 
“Sure, your order will be here soon.” She walked away.
 
“Jungkook why did you bring me here? It’s kinda small I guess, and there are hardly anyone around here! It’s not really that comfy-“
 
“Thank you ajumma!” I raised my voice louder when ahjussi came. 
 
“Ah Jungkook-shi, long time no see. Please enjoy your food.” He bowed.
 
“Ahjussi I can never get SICK of this place.” I emphasised the word purposely and flashed my bunny smile at ahjussi. He smiled warmly and bowed once more before leaving us alone.
 
“So how’s the food here?” I asked Wonwoo after he took a bite.
 
“U-uh it’s uhh not bad? Umm a-actually we can come here more o-often!” He laughed, scratching the back of his head. I smirked.
 
“Really? You will? Great, I wanna come here really often then!”
 
“Anything for my Jungkookie!” I busied myself with shoving food down my throat.
 
The shop bell jingled, signalling that someone came in.
 
“Oh ahjussi! Where’s ajumma?” A high pitch angelic voice that’s way too familiar made me shot my back up straight. I turned around to see ahjussi talking to a man in a blue hoodie which I knew very well. The hoodie was a present from me a few months ago. I knew very well who was it.
 
“Ah she’s in the kitchen. Why not take a seat? Aigoo, I was away on the trip for these few months, but you’ve became more handsome ah!” I heard chuckling before moving of footsteps.
 
“Ajumma!”
 
“You’re here! Oh I missed you so much! Come come, let me prepare you your favourite. Why did you come today?”
 
“Oh I’m meeting a friend, and I miss your food Ajumma! But of course I miss you and Ahjussi the most!” Hah, miss them the most. So I was right, you forgot about me eh?
 
 
 
Jimin’s POV:
 
After placing the stuff in their places, I dialled Tae to fetch me. 
 
I looked in the closet and decided on the blue hoodie that I liked the most. Given by Kookie...
 
In around five minutes he was opening the door to greet me sitting on the sofa deep in thoughts. In my hands I was clutching the letter from the hospital from three months ago in my hands, staring into space.
 
“Jimin!”
 
“Hello?”
 
“YAH!!!” I suddenly got snapped out of my thoughts and saw Tae looking at me angrily. He saw the letter in my hand, eyebrows raised and reached out to grab it.
 
“Hey no!” It was in his hands. I jumped up and tackled him to get it back. He can’t see it, no…
 
“What’s the problem Chim? It’s just a letter. Well let’s go!” I snatched it back from him and luckily he didn’t bother about it anymore. I placed it under the drawer of the coffee table and left the house.
 
“Where are we going?” I said when Tae brought me to the opposite direction.
 
“You look like . You need a make over.”
 
“But I don’t want to-“
 
“No excuses. Besides, I’ll be there too!”
 
A persistant Tae is a persistant Tae.
 
And the next half an hour, I walked out with bright orange hair. It looks embarrassing as hell. So I covered it with my hoodie. 
 
“Ohh…Hey Chim! I need to do something first. Can I meet you at…?”
 
“The Ramen Shop.” He nodded and left.
 
And I was alone. Again. On the road, many girls were staring at me and giving me flirty smiles. I shivered and pulled the hoodie more to cover up more of it.
 
I sighed and made my way to the shop.
 
I opened the door and the usual jingling sound played and I was greeted by Ahjussi who was heading to the kitchen.
 
“Oh ahjussi! Where’s ajumma?”
 
“Ah she’s in the kitchen. Why not take a seat? Aigoo, I was away on the trip for these few months, but you’ve became more handsome ah!” I chuckled and smiled widely. 
 
I headed to the kitchen to greet Ajumma. She was busy cooking in the kitchen.
 
“Ajumma!”
 
“You’re here! Oh I missed you so much! Come come, let me prepare you your favourite. Why did you come today?” She smiled even wider when she saw my hair.
 
“Oh I’m meeting a friend, and I miss your food Ajumma! But of course I miss you and Ahjussi the most!” 
 
She motioned me closer, and I bent down a bit so she could whisper in my ear.
 
“Did something happen to you and Jungkook-ah?” I froze. How did she know?
 
“A-ani…Ajumma, give me kimchi ramen and bulgogi for my friend.”
 
“Taehyung?” I nodded and she smiled before continuing to cook. 
 
I walked out of the kitchen to head to my favourite table…to see a couple occupying it. 
 
I sighed and was going to turn around when something caught my eye. W-wonwoo?!
 
The said person seem to notice me, since he was facing me. He smirked and bent forwards to…
 
“Jungkookie, you have some soup on your face.” He wiped it with his thumb before it.
 
Disgusted I was. Disappointed too. But what could I do? I was just a appetiser, gone I am, and now for the main dish. Them.
 
I headed to the table at the other end of the shop, back facing them so I couldn’t see their lovey dovey acts.
 
Tae, when are you coming?
 
 
Taehyung’s POV:
 
I knew something was off about Chim. The letter he was holding. I arrived early at his house. Yet he didn’t know I was standing behind him for a good few minutes. He sighed many times and I knew something was wrong. Something…
 
I rushed back to his house. Jimin likes to stay at his own house during the holidays, and luckily I had his spare key. I opened the door and rushed to the drawer where I last seen his letter.
 
I opened it and scanned through the letter quickly.
 
 
 
 
 
“Chim…” 
 
 
 
Hii!! i was planning to update a few days ago, but delayed :(( Cliffhanger there! And , I know, I hate the Jungkook and Wonwoo couple too. Just bear it for awhile yeah?