And then there's Henry ..

If I fall in love with you: Another snowfall

 

Droplets of rain stained the windshield of the car he was in, slightly distorting the image that Heechul has been looking at for almost an hour – the dark sky. It had been raining for hours, most of the small streets that they passed by were already flooded. He actually had no idea where they were anymore. If just for the red, blinking dot on the GPS that kept on snatching his attention, he would be totally lost.

They left the café almost an hour ago, after they confirmed the information that Siwon provided. Dennis was driving – which was very unusual, knowing that the last time Heechul let his assistant drive, they both almost ended up in a hospital ward. Kyuhyun was sitting in the backseat, awfully silent, with his phone in hand. Heechul was more than sure that his brother was either texting Sungmin or staring at the man’s photo. He’d already caught the younger quite a few times.

And then there was Henry … even more silent that Kyuhyun and has a blank expression on his face, yet confusion was written all over his chinky eyes. The boy didn’t speak at all after he found out the truth. Heechul was even afraid that his younger cousin might not talk again. Was it really that traumatic to be his relative? But then, it was never really easy to accept the fact there was a totally different story in your life that you didn’t even know existed.

Like the fire.

Heechul choked.

“Are you okay?” The first three words that were muttered in that car in the last hour, it came from Dennis. It was answered with a sad, awkward smile and a nod.

Heechul was not okay. Even Dennis knew that.

Kyuhyun finally put his phone back to his pocket. With the look that his older brother gave him a few minutes ago told him that the elder was thinking that he was either talking to Sungmin or looking at his assistant’s picture. His brother was wrong. He was actually looking at a picture of him, his late mother, his step father, and his older brother – an old family picture. He scanned it a few weeks ago and saved it in his phone just for the heck of it. He never actually thought he’d ever stare at it for more than ten seconds.

A tear almost fell from his eyes.

He felt like he didn’t belong.

He didn’t know why.

Nobody had actually asked him what he felt about what just happened. Not even Sungmin, and neither did his brother.

Cho Kyuhyun was lost.

He couldn’t remember anything, even a tiny bit, about the fire that they were talking about. The scar that had been residing on his chest since he was little was his only actual proof that he was even there. He’d always known that the scar was a constant reminder that he was given a second life. His lungs was damaged, he almost died. He’d always known that it was an accident but he never knew what exactly happened. His father forbade him to ask any more questions. He finally found out why.

And then there was Henry ... sitting just a few inches away from him.

Their cousin. His cousin. Or maybe not? He was not really a Kim anyway.

He was Cho.

He had always been.

For the first time in Cho Kyuhyun’s life, he felt like he didn’t belong in that family. He felt like an outsider.

“We’re here.” Unlocking of the car door was heard.

*****

“Dad!” Heechul rushed to his father that was sitting silently, with tear-stained face, on chair in one corner of the room. He almost welcomed Hangeng’s face with a punch when the other opened the door. The younger was lucky that Henry stopped him. “What happened Dad? Are you okay?”

The elder man didn’t answer, making him shift his attention back to the Chinese that was still standing beside the door with a very annoying smirk plastered on his lips. Heechul wanted to punch it to make it disappear.

“What did you do to my father?!”

“Have you asked your father what he’d done to our father?” A tall man with a cup of tea in hand emerged from the kitchen. The lanky boy was also sporting a very annoying, sarcastic smile on his lips but it quickly went away when the tall man noticed Henry. “Henry-ah, what are you doing here? Didn’t I tell you to stay home?”

“Don’t you dare talk to my cousin!” Heechul snarled at the taller man, but he only earned another smirk.

“You do know that you don’t have the right to forbid me to talk to my own brother right?” The skinny guy approached Heechul. “I believe we haven’t formally met yet. I’m Zhou Mi by the way.” Zhou Mi laid him hand in front of Heechul, who tried to keep himself from spitting on the man’s hand. “Rude but I do admire your courage to actually come all the way here. Are you even aware why your dear father is here?”

Heechul frowned. “What do you want from us?”

Hangeng walked towards them, with a sulking Henry in tow. He motioned the younger to sit on the couch with him as looked back at Heechul. He could see the fire in the younger’s eyes. It was murderous but wasn’t scared, not all, not even a little bit. He was even enjoying it.

“Everything, Kim Heechul. Everything. We want get what was supposed to be ours, what was supposed to Henry’s.” It was Zhou Mi.

“Gege.” The youngest in the room finally spoke. “What are you talking about?” The confusion inside him just kept on growing with every second. Henry had no idea what was happening at all. He still even wasn’t over what he just found out more than an hour ago and then that … “What is really happening here?”

Heechul stood up and tried to walk towards Henry but Zhou Mi already grabbed him before he could even move a limb. “Don’t you dare go near my brother ever again.” The younger whispered.

“ you.” He whispered back.

“Back at you.” The lanky man just smirked and violently let go of his arm.

President Kim finally went back to reality and looked around. He was surprised that he saw his son in there but he was more than shocked when he saw a young boy, sitting silently, that looked almost exactly alike his sister-in-law, just with short hair and a lot more chubbier cheeks. He didn’t even have to think. He was so sure of it that he ran towards the boy but stopped with a pair of strong arms.

“Back off old man.”

“Don’t you dare talk to my father like that!” The voice came from the door, it was Kyuhyun. The younger insisted to be just left in the car but apparently, the boy decided to join in. “Let him go before your face meet my foot.”

Hangeng chuckled. “Is that how you greet a business partner Mr. Cho?”

“That’s how I greet s.” Kyuhyun marched towards Hangeng and grabbed his father. “Dad are you okay?”

“Henry-ah ..” was the only word that came out from his father’s mouth.

*****

A/N: Guys I am so sorry for not updating for quite a long time .. and this story is still on hiatus .. I just updated just to assure you guys that I'm not abandoning this story .. I am still very busy with school .. I'm actually studying for my midterms next week .. I just took a little break for my mind to regenerate coz it died after memorizing 329843924793274983279 drugs lol

anyway, I will still try to update from time to time but I cant really promise anything
I know it that I keep on stalling this part of the story but I cant really write when all the stuff that in my head atm are drugs at stuff :c

and also, thank you very much for all the comments and new subscribers evern though I'm not really updating c: