Keeping him safe

If I fall in love with you: Another snowfall

 

Henry looked walked out to the balcony of his music room. He already got bored of playing almost every single instrument he could find in that room all day, and he could really say that there’s a lot. Going to his part time job even though he was off was one of his choices to relieve that deadly boredom of his but his older brother made it clear to him that he was not allowed to leave the house that day. His Gege said that they’re going to have a very special visitor.

He already tried to call the café to at least talk to anyone that can entertain him but no one answered the phone. His hyungs there was probably having too much fun to even notice the phone; he was told that Heechul and Dennis were going to be there anyway. All he could do was sigh – he really wanted to go.

“Sir Henry, your brother is here.” He smiled at the old woman who just entered the room.

“Auntie Chen, I told you, just call me Henry. Calling me sir is just making me feel uncomfortable.” The old woman just smiled back at him. “Please?” He flashed his cutest smile.

“Okay okay.” Auntie Chen chuckled. “But you should go to the dining room now. Your brother is waiting for you.”

He thanked Auntie Chen and literally ran towards the kitchen. Their house was pretty big than normal and it’ll take him at least three minutes before he could reach the dining area if he wouldn’t sprint. He didn’t know why but he was really excited with when his brother told him that they’re gonna have a very special visitor – maybe because it was that time of the year.

“Gege!” He literally jumped to the man that was standing at the end of the table, almost ready to take his seat if he just didn’t ran into the man. “I missed you so much!!”

“I missed you too mochi.” He just continued hugging the older as the other just alternately patted his back and his head. It’s been months since he last saw his Gege and he missed the man so much especially that he could only see him in some few occasions.

His Gege was one of the most well-known business men in China and he had no idea why he and his other brother, Zhou Mi, just suddenly moved to Korea. It’s not like he didn’t like the country, he loved it actually, but just miss his homeland so much and he wanted to go home with his Gege, all his Geges.

“Henry, you’re suffocating Hangeng gege.” Zhou Mi, who just emerged from the kitchen with three cups of milkshake, his specialty – ignoring the fact that that’s the only edible food he could make, properly.

“Sorry.” He muttered, still not letting go of his older brother. He would cling to the man in its necessary because he was pretty sure that he would have to wait for at least another two or three months, at least, before he could see his brother again.

Zhou Mi smiled, seeing his brother that happy was one of the little things that could actually make his heart flutter, aside from that beautiful shirt that he saw in a store they passed by on their way home. Their eldest brother had been in Korea for months but he couldn’t tell Henry anything about that because that’ll blow up their cover. He really hated keeping secrets from his little brother but that matter wasn’t something he would even want Henry to touch.

Henry was just an innocent little boy. He didn’t even know how the real reason behind his parents’ death and he would give everything he had just to not let his little brother know anything about it. The boy doesn’t need to know the real darkness of his past because his older brothers were there to give him a bright future and to clear his past – that’s only thing they could in return to how Henry’s family treated him and Hangeng like they were one of them. Henry gave them family, and they will give Henry everything.

“By the way Henry, didn’t I tell you to quit your part-time job?” Hangeng said as he tried his hardest to escape his brother’s grip. “You don’t have to work anymore. You can just Zhou Mi for money if you want to buy something.”

“But Gege, I want to earn money for myself. I can’t always just rely on the two of you.” He smiled. “Besides, I really like the place where I work. My hyungs there are realty fun to be with; they don’t really treat me like I’m their employee.” Henry added, still clinging to his brother’s arm like it was his lifeline.

“Told you.” Zhou Mi smirked before sipping from his cup of milk shake. “Oh I so love myself. This drink is glorious.” The tall man exclaimed, making his brothers laugh.

“Where are you working anyway?” Henry finally let go of Hangeng’s arm to try Zhou Mi’s glorious milkshake – it was indeed glorious, but he wouldn’t dare say any word about it because that’ll just make his older brother’s ego burst that will probably lead to non-stop talking about awesome he is.

“In this café called Angel’s Haven. You should probably have seen it before. It’s in the middle of those huge hotels and other companies.”

“Oh that café with really good pastries! I’ve been there before! I thought they closed down?” Zhou Mi said, finally went out of his self-praise bubble.

“They did but they re-opened, I think, a year after they closed. The original owner died and his friends took over.” Henry frowned a bit. He still couldn’t imagine what his hyungs went through before.

“Oh, we should check it out then.” Hangeng smiled, seeing excited his mocha was changed his mind – he’ll just let the boy continue working there. The boy seemed to really love his workplace.

Henry’s eyes sparkled. “You should! You’re gonna love out latte! You should go tomorrow! I have a shift after school so go there at around four or something so I will be the one to serve you!”

“Calm down mochi” Hangeng chuckled and patted his brother’s head. “Okay, we’ll come tomorrow. You better give us a great service so we’ll want to come again.” His brother just smiled at him as the boy nodded in excitement. His youngest brother really was the cutest creature ever walked on the planet.

Zhou Mi just smiled, still watching his brothers as he thought of the first time he went to that café. It was about seven to eight years and he still could remember how good the food in there was. He could also still remember how friendly their staffs were and then a certain friend crossed his mind, the owner of the place.

“Wait henry, you mean Teukie Hyung’s dead?” His forehead knotted.

“That’s what they told me. I think he had cancer or something. It’s really sad though, everybody seemed to love him so much.” Henry pouted. “You know him?”

“I just met him once but the man was just too good of a conversationalist for me to remember him after all those years. He was the one who taught me how to make this glorious milkshake.” He sighed. He really liked Leeteuk and the man even promised to teach him more recipes before, it’s bummer that he died so young.

“Who owns the place now though? Having a business in such kind of place is very stressful. He must be a very good businessman.” Hangeng asked out of curiosity.

The truth was, he was kind of jealous at how his little brother described his new Hyungs in there. God knows how much he wanted to spend more time with his brothers and seeing his mochi that happy with other people that he didn’t even know who just made his heart ache.

“It’s co-owned by three people.” Henry shrugged. “One is Donghae-hyung, he’s a surgeon, and Kyuhyun-hyung and Heechul-hyung, they’re brothers and then there’s Eunhyuk-hyung, the manager.”

Hangeng and Zhou Mi’s eyes widen after hearing those names. Of all places, of all people, why them?

“Cho Kyuhyun?” He whispered, Henry nodded. “Kim Heechul?” His brother nodded again.

His eyes turned into slits. He’d been doing everything just to keep his brother away from those people, those people who ruined their lives. He’d been doing everything just to keep his brother safe. He promised their Mama that he will take care of his baby, and Henry, being around those people was not safe at all.

“Henry.” He hissed.

“Yes Gege?” Henry looked up at his brother, with eyes still twinkling.

“I want you to quit that job. Right now.”

“But-“

“No more buts. I want you to quit and you are doing it without question.” With that, Hangeng left, motioning Zhou Mi to follow him who just gave Henry an apologetic look as the boy just but his lips, trying to suppress the tears that was starting to form in his eyes.

*****

“Mr. Choi.”

“Siwon Sir, just call me Siwon.” Siwon smiled at the old man that was seated across him. He’d been working with the man for years but that was the first time that he will talk to him in person. That man was Kim Jae Hwa, Donghae’s uncle and one of the richest men in Asia.

The businessman asked him to look for a certain woman named Mandy Lau and to his disappointment, Mandy already passed away long ago. Now, his new assignment was to look for her sons. He found out that she had one legitimate son and adopted two. He’d been working with that mission for almost a year already but he really just couldn’t find the third of Mandy Lau’s sons and his client is getting impatient.

“Okay Siwon.” The man just looked at him with face void of any emotions. “Any news?”

“Yes Sir.” He said confidently. “I found him sir, I found Mandy Lau’s third son and he’s also in Korea.”

*****

A/N: A new pairing is gonna come up soon ^^