The Past

If I fall in love with you: Another snowfall

 

A/N: italics: flashbacks - kim jae sun & mandly lau: henry, mimi and geng's parents ; kim jae hwa : chul and kyu's dad ; mandy lau

Twenty three years ago, when the sun was shining brightly in the sky, the birds where happily chirping everywhere, the wind was gently blowing, and the flowers were blooming … when everyone was smiling.

It was the second week of spring and the weather was at its most beautiful. It wasn’t too cold and it wasn’t too hot, just perfect enough for a family enjoy the outside. The whole Kim family was enjoying their weekend in their enormous backyard. The kids were running around and the adults were busy smiling while watching their kids danced with the spring breeze.

“Auntie, you’re so pretty.” A raven-haired boy, the eldest of the five, approached the mat where the adults were sitting.

“Thanks Chullie.” The woman smiled at boy as she gently ruffled the boy’s deep black hair. The boy just grinned back.

“You’re prettier than my mom.” Another boy, who was busy pressing random buttons on his game console butted in with a smirk. The boy had a brunette, messy hair and was unconsciously leaning his head on the other boy with puffy cheeks right next to him.

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! Do you want to be disowned?” One of the adults, slightly older than first, chirped. She was still also just as beautiful as the other but his son just loved to so much.

“Umma, you’re the one who told me to always tell the truth.” The boy put down his game as he snickered and tried to avoid the glare that his mom just threw at him.

A smile crept Kim Jae Hwa’s lips. A weekend like that was one of the happiest moments in his life. All the kids were there – Heechul, his only son, Kyuhyun, his step-son, Donghae, the son of one of his cousins, Sungmin, his assistant’s son, and Henry, the kid that he saw for the first time, the son of his younger brother.

“Jae Sun-ah.” He tapped the shoulder of the man sitting beside him. “Thank you for finally bringing your family here.”

Jae Sun smiled. He’d been married to Mandy Lau, a singer that he met in China, in years but he didn’t really have any chance to introduce the most amazing woman he ever met to his own brother. Their parents didn’t really like that fact that he refused to marry the woman that they picked for him but it didn’t stop him from finding his way to where to his heart really lies.

He was forced to leave Korea and leave all the luxury that he had, even his own family. His parents disowned him and the only person he could actually talk to was his best friend – Kim Jae Hwa , his older brother.

“I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to introduce her to you before.”

His brother comfortingly squeezed his shoulder. “It’s okay. We’ll both get in trouble if you did anyway. You know father didn’t want me to talk to you.”

A year had passed since both their parents died. Jae Sun didn’t even get a chance to see his parents before they left permanently. It was sad, but he had no choice.

A pair of sigh was heard before a smile crept through the brothers’ lips. That wasn’t the time for them to travel through memory lane and feel bad for what had happened. It was the time for them to enjoy the fact that finally, their family is complete again.

“Uncle! Uncle!” The raven-haired boy tugged his Uncle’s shirt. “Can Henli play with us?”

Jae Sun smiled at his nephew. Henry, his son, was just a few months old and was barely walking so even though he really wanted his son to bond with his hyungs, he had to refuse.

“Not yet Heechul-ah. Henry’s still a baby.” The boy pouted. “Maybe next time when he’s bigger, okay?”

The boy pouted even more. “Hey! Uncle said no!” Heechul yelled to the other boys who automatically pouted right after, except for the brunette one who just smirked and mouthed “I told you.” Which made the raven haired boy ran after his younger step-brother.

“They grow up so fast.” Jae Hwa chuckled as he watched his two sons run after each other while the other two boys, he was guessing, started betting on who will win the chase.

“I know. I can’t wait for my Henry to start playing with them.” Jae Sun smiled and looked at his wife who was busy feeding their baby boy.

“You’re going to stay in Korea for good right?” Jae Hwa got a nod for an answer, it put smile a wider smile on his lips.

“Mandy and Henry have to go back to China though. Mandy still have some things to fix back home.”

“That’s fine. As long as I know that you’ll be here then I’m fine.”

That was the first and last time Kim Jae Hwa saw his brother’s family and he couldn’t stop thinking about that day. It was the only thing in his mind while he was on his way to meet his brother’s children.

“Are we there yet?” He impatiently asked the young man sitting beside him in the car. They’ve been driving for about an hour already and the only things he could see were trees.

“Not yet sir.” Siwon replied quickly. He really wasn’t sure if he was doing the right thing or not.

The car stopped in front of a cabin in beside a lake. The place was very beautiful.

“Are they inside?”

“Yes sir.” Siwon smiled at the man as he led him inside the cabin where two men were busy drinking coffee.

“Thank you very much Siwon-ssi. You can go now.” One of the men said with his broken Korean. “I’ll just call you later.”

“Of course you will.” The other man, the one with a very tall and thin frame, spoke with a teasing tone.

“Oh shut it Mimi.” The Chinese again, looked at him. “You can go now.” He did, but he still saw how shock flooded Kim Jae Hwa’s face before he left.

Silence filled the place as President Kim tried to take in what was right in front of him.

“You…” He trailed off while looking at the very familiar face right in front of him.

“Hello President Kim. It’s been a while.” Hankyung stood up and shook the hand of the old man. He really was enjoying the reaction that he was getting from the man. “I want you to meet my brother, Zhou Mi.”

As if on cue, the taller boy approached them and smiled. “Nice meeting you Mr. Kim. I’ve heard a lot about you.”

Kim Jae still didn’t know how to react. He was still dazed. “You two … Are you …”

“We’re Mandy Lau’s adopted son.” Hankyung finished the sentence for his business partner.

Kim jae Hwa smiled and immediately wrapped his arms around the two boys. He’d been looking for them for years and the happiness and excitement that he was feeling was just overwhelming. He really didn’t expect his business partner to be one of those boys but he didn’t care. They’re his brother’s sons and he’ll treat them like family, no matter what.

“Where’s Henry?” He asked full of anticipation.

“I am sorry but we couldn’t let you see our little brother.” Zhou Mi responded, with his smile still plastered on his lips. That smile was actually starting to make him feel uneasy.

“Why?”

“Because you don’t have the right to meet him.” Hankyung sat back on his chair as Zhou Mi forced him to sit on the one right across the older boy. “You don’t even have the right to even say his name.”

“What are you talking about?”

Zhou Mi smirked and Hankyung snickered. “You know what I’m talking about.”

The look that the two boys were giving Jae Hwa made him think of a very devastating memory. How did those boys knew about what happened? No one was supposed to know. It was supposed to be a secret.

“I’m guessing you now realized what were saying.” Zhou Mi’s smile was back. It brought shivers to his spine. “Correct?”

The tear that fell from Kim Jae Hwa’s eye was enough already enough for both Hankyung and Zhou Mi for an answer.

“You can’t see our brother because you’re the bastard that killed his father.” 

*****

A/N: I dont have anything to say lol .. 

Aki_Hikari no, there will be no hanchul in this fic hehe
19izzati hahaha heechul doesnt even know what to do yet xD
KIMparkshi thanks for the comment ^^
verility hi!!!!!!! and yep! they did!! djaldjaskhdakjsh 
isolovesuju thank you ^^
_Cieca_ hiiiii c: hehehe the truth is .. I really dont know what'll they do yet hahaha .. 

COMMENTS COMMENTS <3