Secrets of the Past

If I fall in love with you: Another snowfall

 

It was already ten o'clock in the morning the mere fact that there was a huge digital clock just right across his table made some steam almost come out of Sungmin's head. Heechul still wasnt there and so as is his new boss, the President just sent Ryeowook to tell him that the old man wants to see his sons in the office before lunch...he could swear he'd scratch out those two's eyes once he saw them, The annoying ringing telephone wasnt really helping either, his mind was actually debating if he should just answer the call or throw the loud thing out of the window, he picked the first one.

"Hello?" He made sure that he sounded composed.

"Hyung?" He bit his lip, trying to keep himself from throwing millions of curses to the young man who obviously just got out from bed, based on his bedroom voice - which actually find quite y, but that is not the point.

"Let me guess, you just got up from bed because you played starcraft all night and forgot that normal humans need to sleep once in a while." Sungmin replied with a raise brow and pissed off tone.

"Hyung, I'm sick."

"Of course you are." He scoffed. "Now take a shower, eat your breakfast...or lunch....whatever, probably drink a pint of energy drink and get your here in thirty minutes. Your father is waiting for you." He added with authority. Normal assistants werent suppose to do something like that, but he's not just a normal assistant..at least not to Kim Heechul and most especially, to Cho Kyuhyun.

"But Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuung, I told you, I'm sick." The boy was obviously trying to act cute, but that's his specialty. He wouldnt let his boss win in his own game.

"I know and I dont care. You've been sick since I dont even know when. So you better fix yourself right now before I go there and make you get off your freaking computer myself." He could imagine how his boss's eyes widen when he said that. Kyuhyun probably wouldnt let even let him get near his gaming computer ever again, not after he literally used his martial expertise against the younger's poor laptop. Remembering that sweet sweet memory made him smile. Oh the feeling of victory.....

"Fine, fine..I'll be there in fifteen." And another victory. He snickered.

"Make that ten and maybe I'll let you play with your PSP during your break."

"HECK YES!" With that, Sungmin ended the call with a smile plastered on his lips. 

Growing up with Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Heechul really added a huge rainbow in his life, although he was really closer with Kyuhyun since he can bully the boy without getting killed or skinned alive. He'd been with the Kims since he wasn't even born. It was like his family was born to serve the Kim clan, so he was raised to serve the only heir of the family that time, Kim Heechul. But when Cho Kyuhyun came, everything changed. At first, he thought the boy was a just a shy kid who spends most of his time playing video games and hiding under his mom's skirt. The boy was really cutre back then, but that was when they hadnt found out what's hiding behind those not very cute, but rather sneaky smiles yet....Cho Kyuhyun is just as evil as his older step brother, just a little smarter. And he, Lee Sungmin was the only person who can tame him.

Thinking about his childhood made his very unpleasant mood brighten up little. Especially that certain memory he shared with a certain someone back in middle school but his train of thoughts got cut off when the very annoying communication device roared once more.

"This better not be Kyuhyun." He muttered before he answered the call.

"Hello?"

No matter how sweet the voice sounded on the other line, his mood flared up once more.

"Where the hell are you? I told you to be here before nine o'clock? Do you know what time is it? Ten! Ten o'clock! What do you think you are doing? Blah blah blah blah blah blah....." Even he wasnt sure if he could remember everything he said over the phone. All that he could remember was he scolded Dennis Park for whole ten minutes, only pausing for a split second to breathe and that he only stopped when someone grabbed the phone from his hand and ended the call, it was Kyuhyun with a huge grin taped on his lips.

"Ten minutes hyung." He raised his brow. "Now can I play?

*****

"Donghae-ah."

"Yes uncle?" He stiffened when the old man looked at him. His unlce had the same eyes as his Heechul-hyung and it was pretty scary when those looked at you scrutinizingly. The aura that the old man was emitting didnt really give him any reason to feel anywhere near somfortable. Plus, the fact that he's there to lie just added the tension.

"What happened to man I hired?"

He bit his lips and started playing with the tip of his fingers and his uncle knew him very well to know that his favorite nephew is hiding something and that includes his two sons and probably Sungmin as well. And there's it. He is not a good liar. No, Lee Donghae cant lie, not even if it will save his dear life.

"I know what the three of you are planning Hae. You think I didnt know? That Dennis Park guy?" The old man chuckled. "I know I'm old but I'm not stupid."

He looked at his uncle with innocent eyes, he was acting, yes, he is very good at that.

"I know that that guy looks exactly alike Park Jungsu and I know that you, Kyu and Sungmin did something to get him in. I practically raised the four of you, you think I wouldnt know what's going on inside your heads?" With the tone and the way his uncle said that, he was pretty sure that the man wasnt mad at all. He just wanted to know thet truth and probably the whole story so that he can mess up with them from time to time. The President of Kim Industries wasnt the head of the family for no reason.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

The old man stood up and walked to his table. "Dont be. I know you're just doing this for Heechul. We all care about that kid, and if this will help him then go on with what you're planning. I will just pretend that the three you of you just blalantly ignored my authority and didnt even ask me if I would agree or not."

"Uncle-"

"But can be arranged...maybe over lunch? I'm kind of craving for some free sushi this past few days anyway."

A smile curved his thin lips after hearing his uncle's words but that smile automatically disappeared when the old man sat down on the couch in front of him  with an enevelope in hand. He'd seen that envelope before, three years ago and he still wasnt sure what to feel about what's inside it.

"I talked to your friend, Detective Choi, a few days ago. He said he found her."

Three years ago, his uncle asked him if he could introduce him to one of his high school batchmate, a very prominent private detective, Choi Siwon. He asked his friend to look for a woman named Mandy Lau - the old man said that she was a woman he met in one of his conventions in China a few years back. He didnt ask anything else. He didnt want to. Not with the look that his uncle was giving him everytime they talk about that. What he knew was already enough.

"Where?"

"Burried somewhere in Taiwan." There was a hint of sadness in the man's eyes but his perfect poker face hid it pretty well. "But he also found out that she had biological and son and adopted two. Two of them are in Korea and the other one is nowhere to be found."

*****

 

Dennis and Heechul had been staring at each other for quite a while now. Well, not really staring, at least not for Dennis. He was glaring at the younger man. He just got off the phone with Sungmin and the younger boy almost screamed bloody murder the moment he picked up the phone, he was pretty sure that man finally decided to speculate on how he can kill him mercilessly as soon as he told him that their boss is again, not coming to work that day. It was just his first day but he's probably already on the top of Sungmin's blacklist. 

Heechul, on the other hand was just grinning at the man in front of him like a total idiot. He, apparently, was enjoying the fact his new assistant was one who called Sungmin and got scolded for maybe about ten minutes, straight. And the frown on the man's face is just adding more spices to his bliss. His grin turned into a smirk when the older just let out a deep sigh and switched his eyes on the ceiling, probably got tired of glaring at him.

"So what now?" He asked and almost laughed when Dennis looked back at him with squinted eyes.

"What what?" The man answered with a hint of I-dont-want-to-talk-to-you tone, it just made his smirk grew wider.

"Are we just gonna sit here all day, with you alternately glaring at me and the ceiling?" He smiled when Dennis suddenly got a little fidgety after what he said. "Or you're gonna leave me alone, let me do whatever the heck I want so you can probably go back to the office or maybe get a life or something?" He tried sounding rude, sarcastic..or whatever they want to call it. Heechul didnt really like Dennis's presence around him that time. Yes, he was indeed enjoying the discomfort he was seeing in his assistant but the man still saw him looking stupidly vulnerable and that kind of scraped Kim Heechul's ego, he didnt like it very much.

Dennis eyed Heechul once more, not liking what came out of his boss's mouth, and so as the way the younger man said it. He likes talking sarcastically with people but Kim Heechul just have this certain vibe that can piss him off yet can also make him stick with the man. Besides, after what he saw that morning, even hell cant make him leave his boss alone just like that. He actually had a quite long list of questions going on around his head. 

He let out another sigh before he slightly leaned forward and rested his forearms on the black marble table. "Heechul-ssi?"

"What?" 

"Who is Jungsu?" 

*****

A/N: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..I UPDATED YEY!!! I dont really have anything to say except for I dont know when will I update again so please sbear with me for a little while more?

verility again, thanks for your never-ending support..and btw, I love your story...I'm just not really good at commenting so ya >< lol and about that fanfic from my fanfic....I like that hahahaha
JBzherimaar zhou mi.....yoiu'll know more about him in the next chapters :)
zhuxixi13 thanks <3
achaintro LEAVE -_- haha jk love you too~ :p

 

 

COMMENTS ARE LOVED
SO AS NEW SUBSCRIBERS