Memories

If I fall in love with you: Another snowfall

 

Donghae watched his cousins paced back and forth in front of him. The last time he saw Heechul like that was seven years ago, when Leeteuk was in the hospital. Kyuhyun was also walking around the café, with a very visible knot on his forehead. Sungmin was crouching in one corner, eyeing his boss intently. Dennis, on the other hand, was following Heechul everywhere. He was making sure that his boss won’t start hitting anything or anybody. A frustrated Kim Heechul was not a very friendly Kim Heechul.

None of them knew what to do. Once they got a call from Yesung and Ryeowook, telling them that President Kim was nowhere to be found, they immediately flew back to Seoul. Both Kyuhyun and Heechul were more than sure that Hankyung had something to do with their father’s disappearance but having no proof, they really couldn’t do much. They also didn’t want to call the police yet because they didn’t want the media to know what happened. Sometimes, being part of a well-known family isn’t really the most convenient thing.

But Lee Donghae had something else in mind. He got a call from his friend, Siwon, telling him that he finally found the information that his uncle was looking for. He could even remember the younger, telling him that he finally found a new person that caught his attention. Siwon’s life started dulling out right after he found his family murdered in their own home. Donghae was very happy for his friend, but that wasn’t the issue at the moment. Should he call his friend? Should he tell his cousins? His uncle didn’t want anybody else to know about it and the old man trusted him. What should he do?

He looked around, seeking for a pair of eyes that had always encouraged him to do the right thing but he couldn’t find what he was looking for. The owner of that pair of eyes was in one other corner of the café but the guy had never even looked at him since he came. The older had been avoiding him like he did something wrong. Or did he? He didn’t know. It wasn’t the right time to think about himself at that moment.

“But Hyukkie –“ He whispered to himself.

“You said something hyung?” Donghae moved his gaze to his left and a very bright smile welcomed him. It was his bestfriend, Kim Kibum. He just picked up the boy from the airport a few hours ago. “Is there something wrong?”

He just tried to muster a smile but he was more than sure that he looked more constipated than smiling. “I’m fine.”

The younger just looked at him with a knotted forehead. Kibum knew him too much to know that he was lying. He just hoped that the boy would think that he was just worried about his uncle, which he was, really. Although, Hyukjae, avoiding him was really bothering him. He just sighed and looked back at the older, hoping that he would see those pair of eyes watching him, but he got nothing.

Kibum just got back to Korea and he wasn’t really expecting that his best friend, Donghae, would pick him up from the airport. Although he was really hoping that the older would. He also didn’t expect that President Kim would be missing on the exact day of his arrival. He’d met the man a few times before his family migrated to the US. He was very nice and funny for a man owning a company as big as Kim Industries. His sons weren’t really that bad as well, but they could both be really crazy sometimes. And there was also Sungmin, he was quite girly but he could definitely kick anybody’s without hesitation. The guy with a blonde hair, which Donghae introduced as Heechul’s assistant, caught his attention for a second. He knew he’d seen the guy before somewhere he just wasn’t sure when or where exactly. But he’d seen a lot of people before. And of course, that goofy looking guy with dark brown hair that was sitting at one corner of the café. Eunhyuk. He didn’t like that guy. Especially when he followed his bestfriend’s gaze and found himself looking at that goofy guy. He didn’t like it. He didn’t like it at all.

A loud sigh and a set of curse words echoed in the café. None of them didn’t have to look where the noise came from, they were all sure it was Heechul. It was really a good thing that they decided to close down the shop that afternoon.

“What now?” The elder glared at all of them, one by one.

“Wookie called, they’re gonna be here in a few minutes.” It was Dennis.

“With Yesung?”

“Yes, with Yesung.”

Heechul’s brow rose. “There’s really something fishy about those two.” He immediately turned his head to his cousin who looked like a fish gaping for water. “And it’s not you Lee Donghae.” He sighed again, shifting his mood back to worrying about his father. “What are we gonna do now?”

He was really getting more than frustrated. He really didn’t like his father’s nosiness most of the times but he still loved the old man and he was worried to death. And the fact that he didn’t have any idea what to do was making him even more frustrated. Dennis’ comforting words were starting to lose its effect with every second. It was cute, but not cute enough to calm him down.

“Hyung! Heechul-hyung! We found this in your dad’s office!” Yesung, with a panting Ryeowook in tow, barged in the café with a folder in hand.

Heechul hadn’t seen that folder before, and ignoring the fact he actually hadn’t seen much folders in his father’s office, he was pretty sure that that particular one had nothing to do with the company and his younger brother’s confused look just confirmed his theory. Kyuhyun is also a lazy bastard and would rather play starcraft all day than to work, but the boy had always done his job. It won’t even be impossible that the younger memorized every single corner of their business.

“I’ve never seen this before.” Kyuhyun grabbed the folder from Yesung’s grip and started flipping through the papers that were in it. A knot formed on his forehead. “I .. I don’t get this. I don’t get any of these at all.”

Heechul didn’t like his brother’s reaction, neither did Sungmin but the elder suddenly became a lot faster than him and had already snatched the folder from his brother before he could even move. And just like Kyuhyun, Heechul was very confused about what he saw. He couldn’t remember any of those at all … wait …

A face – almost the same as his father’s, just a little bit more defined – appeared in his mind.

He could feel smoke filling up his lungs. Hot flames starting to burn his skin. Tears falling from his eyes. Sobs escaping from his plump lips. Fear surging through his system.

“Heechul-ah, I’ll come back for you okay?”

Tears just suddenly started falling from his eyes. It was a long lost memory that he didn’t expect he’d still remember. But how could he forget? That person .. that person saved his brother’s life. That person died .. trying to save him. How could he forget? How could he?

“Uncle Jae.” He muttered as he slowly lost his consciousness.

******

lol guys dont hate on geng and mimi yet ... well .. you can actually hahaha
everything will be revealed soon c:

COMMENTS = UPDATES