Tears of Joy

If I fall in love with you: Another snowfall

triple update coz I'm so nice today c:
If you havent read the following paragraph yet, I suggest you go back to chapter 31 ^^

Finally, Sungmin got his hand on the folder. Dennis and Kyuhyun were too busy fussing around the unconscious Heechul. Donghae was still sulking in one corner with a very serious looking Kibum following him around. Eunhyuk also didn’t look much different from Donghae. There was probably something wrong with those two. He would love to ask and bug the hell out of them if he wasn’t just too shocked with what he saw.

*****

A/N: italics: flashbacks

It was very unusual for Henry to not to get calls from any of his elder brothers almost every hour of the day, especially from Zhou Mi. Both of his geges had always been too overprotective. He couldn’t even leave the house without telling them where he was going and exactly what time he’s going to come home. It was actually still fresh from his memory when his Hangeng gege flipped out after the elder found out that he had a part time job. Zhou Mi was cool with it so he thought Hangeng would also be, but apparently, he was so wrong. He was still actually quite pissed off at his brother. He was forced to quit the job that he loves and not to see his friends anymore just because Hangeng told him to do so. He’s such a wimp – he thought.

Henry let out a sigh. If their Mama was still with them, maybe everything would be different.

“Mama ..”

After thinking about it, he didn’t really know much about his own mother. He did know that she died when he was very young, so as his father. He would probably already forgot about them if not for the pictures that had always everywhere in their house. Zhou Mi said, it’s so they could always remember why they were doing whatever it was he and Hangeng were up to. Henry never got what the elder was trying to say neither did he ever ask. It was almost a taboo in their home.

Asking about his parents’ deaths was also a very sensitive issue. He was too young to remember his mother’s death but he had some memories with her, most of them were very vague. He wasn’t even sure if some of them were real or they were just one of the fantasies he made up when he was a kid. And then there’s his dad. He never met the man, at least not that he could remember. He could remember hearing the man’s baritone voice over the phone every night, telling him to be good boy and to take care of his Mama for him. That baritone voice had always helped him get a good night sleep. And then one night, there was no phone call. No baritone voice that would lull him to sleep. He didn’t know why. It’s just the next thing he knew was that he was already grown-up and he just knew that both of his parents were gone. All that he could remember was that Zhou Mi had always been so good to him and technically became his mother figure while Hangeng was always out, earning money for the three of them.

Henry started walking around the house. He’d always thought that that mansion was too big for the three of them, especially now that Hangeng’s always away. He did enjoy the company of their helpers in the house but he would still prefer when it was just the three of them, him and his geges, when they were all always together. It was very nice that he could finally enjoy his music at its fullest now that they could afford it but he’s really like to go back to the time when he would play his old, worn out violin for his brothers right after they eat dinner in a very small kitchen in their one-bedroom old apartment … together. They used to do everything together. The memory of the three of them, showering together, had never failed to give them a good laugh but Henry couldn’t even remember when was the last time when they actually sat down and talked about their old life. Hangeng was always busy with work back in China and Zhou mi .. he didn’t even know anymore. Before, the elder would just be out for hours just because he was shopping .. but now .. Henry had no idea.

He looked around; he didn’t even realize that he was already in his music room and he was so .. alone. He took his phone from the back pocket of his pants and looked for the café’s number in his contact list. Maybe his brothers wouldn’t know. They were both too busy anyway. The other line started ringing; it was quite unusual that no one had answered the phone after the third ring, especially when was pretty sure that he called the extension that was connected to Eunhyuk’s apartment. He was about to hang up when someone finally picked up.

“Hello?” It was tiny voice that he was pretty sure he’d heard before. It’s probably  the small guy that always gets him morning cup of latte in the shop. He’s also working at Kim Industries. He wasn’t sure but the name Ryeowook started to register in his mind.

“Hi. Is Eunhyukkie-hyung there? Or Donghae-hyung?”

“They’re both here. Who is this though?”

“Henry.”

The line went silent, almost dead.

“He-Henry? Henry Lau?” The voice almost choked.

“Yes. Wh-“

“You have to come here. Right now.”

*****

“I know something.” Donghae finally stood up.

“Huh?” It was Kyuhyun who approached him.

“I think I know something.” Donghae looked back at Sungmin. The elder had been encouraging him to speak up in the last ten minutes and when he saw how Heechul acted right after he woke up, Donghae finally decided that he should really start talking. “I think I know someone that could help up locate Uncle Jae Hwa.”

Kyuhyun just looked at him with confusion so as Hyukjae who was still sitting as far away from him as possible – that broke his heart even more, but hey, at least the guy finally looked at him but that wasn’t the issue. He would definitely deal with that right after everything’s already settled.

“Uncle’s been working my private investigator friend, Siwon and he called me a few days ago and informed that he finally found what Uncle was looking for. I’m guessing that Uncle met with Siwon today because he always tell Ryeowook where he’s going except when he’s going to meet with Siwon. “

Kyuhyun’s eyes turned a little bit darker. “Why didn’t you say that earlier?” The boy was calm but everybody knew what was going on inside the youngest head.

“Where are your manners Cho Kyuhyun?” Everybody was more than chocked when they saw a very calm Heechul emerged from the bedroom, with Dennis tailing behind him. They weren’t expecting to see such change in just a few minutes. Heechul was pretty much an emotional wreck when Dennis started kicking everybody out of the room and telling them that he would handle his boss while the others figure out what to do. No one actually trusted the elder’s words but it turned out that Dennis was really good at handling Heechul.

“Hyung-“ All of them almost said in chorus.

“You.” Heechul pointed at Kyuhyun. “Respect your elders. You.” Donghae. “Call Siwon. Now. Tell him I would skin him alive if he didn’t tell you what I want to know. And you.” He shifted his gaze to the still sulking Hyukjae in the corner. “Stop sulking. Get your together and talk if you have a problem.”

Everybody did what they were told, except for Eunhyuk but Heechul didn’t have time to scold the younger. He would just deal with that after. He just focused on Donghae who he instructed to put the phone on speaker.  It just took a few second before a deep voice was heard from the other line.

“Hyung?”

“Siwon-ah. Heechul-hyung wants to talk to you.” Donghae answered immediately.

“I’m guessing I’m on speaker right now?” With Siwon’s skills, he didn’t actually even have to guess. With just all the unnecessary noises that he heard right after he picked the phone up, he already knew that the phone on the other line was on speaker. And with the slow breathings that he could hear, he would say that there were about seven people in the room. “And Heechul-hyung’s listening?”

“Yes. I’m here.” The elder’s voice was trembling with fear and anger. “And I want to know where the hell is my father.”

Siwon paused. “Sorry hyung, but I can’t provide you that information.”

He could almost feel the person from the other line smirk. It made the hair on Siwon’s nape stand on end. Choi Siwon was trained to be fearless but if would pick someone that he would be scared off, Kim Heechul would definitely be his first choice. He didn’t even know why. The man just had that effect with everybody.

“Siwon-ah.” Heechu’sl voice sounded sweet but very creepy. “You know I won’t leave you alone until I get what I want.”

Siwon just let out a sigh. Even though it was against the rules, he just decided to cut the chase around since he was pretty sure that it would just end the same anyway. Besides, that was his last job anyway.

“A lakeside cabin somewhere in the North. I’ll text you address or I can pick you up.”

“I don’t really trust you very much right Siwon. How I can be sure that you’re giving me the right information?”

“You cannot. But you can always check the packet I gave your father. It’s in one of the drawers in his desk.”

“We already have it. It doesn’t say much.”

“It comes with a flash drive. Everything is in there.” With that, the line went dead. Heechul hanged up.

*****

Heechu;’s voice rang throughout the whole establishment and Yesung was pretty sure the his boss said something that sounded like YeWook.

“Did I hear that right?” Ryeowook poked the back of Yesung’s head. The two of them decided to just stay downstairs. They didn’t want the already unconscious Heechul to suffocate. There were already too many of them there.

“If you heard YeWook too then we’re probably both having a hallucination.”

YeWook! I swear! Make me call you out one more time!”

“Comiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!” Ryeowook’s tiny voice filled the place. Yesung just smiled. That boy was just way too cute for him to handle. Not that he was complaining though.

The scene that welcomed them upstairs wasn’t really what they expected. Heechul was way too energetic for a person who just passed out a few minutes ago. Donghae was receiving glares from Kyuhyun who was trying his very best not get caught by his older brother. Dennis was sitting right beside Eunhyuk, patting the younger’s shoulder from time to time. Sungmin was still looking at the folder that Yesung and Ryewook brought there almost an hour ago. And that Kibum guy that they just met was still acting like Donghae’s shadow.

“You need us hyung?” It was Yesung who finally asked the still snickering Heechul while trying his best not to say YeWook too loud.

A few minutes had passed before the elder finally started talking. “That folder.” He pointed at the file that Sungmin was still scanning. “It comes with a flash drive?”

Ryeowook’s forehead knotted before the small man started searching his pockets and finally handed Heechul what he was looking for.

It was small, dark blue, flash drive that was labeled Mandy Lau. Heechul knew that name. He’d heard it before .. somewhere. He wasn’t really sure until he felt like something hit him in the head. Hard. Very Hard.

“Heechul-ah, remember my wife? Your Aunt Mandy?” A picture of a very beautiful lady appeared right under his nose. “And my son Henry right there.” The elder of the two, pointed at the very small, delicate figure in the photo. The baby was wrapped in a bright red blanket. He had very small eyes and plump cheeks. It reminded Heechul of those sweet rice cakes he had when they went to Hiroshima for summer. He liked Japan a lot.

“Yes! Yes!” He excitedly responded. “Are they going to come back here Uncle? When?”

His uncle just smiled at him but there was a glint of sadness that even a small child as Heechul, then, would even notice.

“Not very soon Heechul-ah. Not very soon.” The man patted Heechul’s head. “But they will. I promise you they will.”

“Mandy Lau.” Heechul muttered. “Aunt Mandy.” He closed his eyes for a few minutes, trying to remember more things about that beautiful lady but he failed. Maybe next time – he thought. Maybe next time – he hoped.

“May I?” Kyuhyun laid his hand in front of his brother. If there was anybody in that room that could deal with technical stuffs, it was him. He didn’t know much about that Siwon guy but he didn’t trust him. With what Kyuhyun heard, the guy was really good private investigator and spy, he wouldn’t give out his information that easily.

He plugged in the flash drive to Eunhyuk’s laptop and just like what he expected, It was password protected. He wished he had his own computer, the work would be way easier and way faster but he was Cho Kyuhyun, he eats passwords for breakfast. It took him almost fifteen minutes to crack the code, a little bit more than what he expected but he still did the job pretty well and what he saw in the file wasn’t really what he wanted to see.

Name: Henry Lau
Birth date: October 11, 1989
Information: Biological son of Kim Jae Sun and Mandy Lau. Born in Hongkong. Moved in Korea in 2010. Currently studying at Seoul University, majoring in Music. Worked at Angel’s Haven Café. A musical prodigy. Currently living with older brother in one of the most expensive villages in Seoul.

Name: Zhou Mi
Birth date: April 19, 1986
Information: One of Mandy Lau’s adopted sons. Born in Hubei, China. Living with Henry Lau. Working as Account Manager in Kim Industries’ malls – HHS. Moved to Korea the same time as Henry Lau.

Name: Hangeng
Birth date: February 9, 1984
Information: Born in Heilongjjang, China. No further information available.

“Henry. You’ve been here all along.” For the nth time that day, Heechul’s eyes, again, were filled with tears, but that time, it was for a different reason. Those were tears of joy.

*****

I'm starting to feel the excitement I felt when I was just starting this fic, and trust me, that is a very good thing ^^

COMMENTS = UPDATES