Shattered Glass

If I fall in love with you: Another snowfall

 

It was four o’clock in the morning and the sun wasn’t even up yet. It was quite chilly outside. Kyuhyun walked out to the balcony of their room with a blanket wrapped around his body. He sat in the couch right next to Sungmin, who was busy staring into thin air. He covered the older with the blanket and s his arm around the other man’s shoulder. Sungmin, on the other hand, automatically hugged his boss. Both of them were still shocked with what they found out the other night. They’re in the verge of losing the company that they both love and worked hard for.

“Hyung…” He whispered.

“Hmmm?” Sungmin just hummed in response. He was too engrossed with thinking of ways to save the company that he’d been working for his whole life and it was frustrating the hell out of him that he couldn’t think of anything.

He’d never seen Heechul and Kyuhyun as clueless as they were the other night. The brothers looked like they were lost in the middle of nowhere and it that he couldn’t do anything. Heechul was throwing curses at everything, even the plotted plant that they passed by on their way back to the hotel. Kyuhyun was just silent, not giving any snarky comments – he looked like a two-year-old boy whose favorite toy just got stolen. Dennis was not in a very good state either. The man’s usually radiating smile was nowhere to be found and he was just letting Heechul pick up a fight with every living thing he saw.

A sigh was heard. “What are we going to do now?”

He bit his lips. That was the first time he heard Cho Kyuhyun asked that question. Kyuhyun was the type of person who had a way for everything. And after hearing those words from his boss, Sungmin just couldn’t help but be more frightened.

“I don’t know.”

Another sigh was heard, but that time, two, in perfect unison. They just both sat there, in each other’s arms, feeling hopeless.

“We’ll get through this. Right Kyu?” Sungmin looked up at the man beside him who just gave him a weak smile.

“I’ll do everything, Hyung. I promise.” A soft, chaste kiss was felt on his forehead.

*****

No one dared to enter Heechul’s room after what happened the day before. Not even his assistant, Dennis, who was practically void of any fear for his trigger happy boss. It was quite boring actually, it’s not fun to be mad at everything – and actually do something about it – when there’s no one there to stop him. All he could do was lie in his bed, stare at the ceiling and wallow in fear of the fact that they might lose their company.

Everything just happened too fast that it scared him. What was he doing all along? What was he doing when that bastard Hankyung was starting to steal their living? What was he doing when his ancestors’ legacy was taken away from them?

“Oh yeah .. I was god damn mourning over someone that I lost seven damn long years ago.” If he could, he would really punch and kick himself right in the face. Although he was pretty sure that he still loved his face more than he loved other people. His face was too beautiful just to be assaulted like that.

But self-praising aside, he really didn’t know what to do anymore and he was more than sure that his brother and their assistants also had no idea how they would solve their problem. With just one wrong move, everything will be gone. With just one wrong move, Kim Industries will fall.

The part of the contract where they found the glitch stated that if they pulled out the investments, they can be sued for bridge of contract, plus they’ve already spent too much money on the project and not getting any revenue from that will just kill the company. If they kicked that devil, hiding behind the name of Hankyung, the project will crash and the company will fall. If they went on with it, they will just lose the company in the long run anyway.

He threw the nearest thing he could grab across the room, with not a very humanly force. Thankfully, it was just a pillow but he still heard a loud crash, telling him that he managed to break at least thirteen things in that room in just thirty minutes – not including the ones that pissed him off the night before.

The thirteenth crash that Dennis heard from inside the room that he’d been watching was the perfect sign that he should really get in there and check on his boss. He couldn’t sleep so he decided that he should just go and talk to Heechul but he just settled with waiting outside the man’s room since he was pretty sure that his boss really needed some time to think and to well, let out his frustrations. However, Dennis thought that things were already getting out of hand. With all the crashes that he heard in the last thirty minutes, Heechul’s room was probably thrashed by then.

“Heechul.” He snucked he head in his boss’ room and seeing the whole place, he concluded that his theory was right. There were broken glasses everywhere. There was a lamp that was knocked down right across the room, with a pillow right beside it.

“What?” The man that was lying on the bed in the center of the room, spat.

Dennis looked at his boss. The man’s, usually styled, hair was sticking all over the place while some strands were clipped to keep it from covering his boss’ eyes. He had dark circles under his eyes and if Dennis recognized it right, Heechul was wearing the same clothes he was wearing the last time they saw each other.

“Are you okay?” If he didn’t know what his boss was going through, he’d probably already thought of the best thing to day to annoy him but he perfectly knew what was going on: Kim Industries is in the brick of losing its everything.

Heechul just glared at his assistant. Are you okay wasn’t really the best question to ask him that time. He was pretty sure he looked ridiculous, his room looked like a war just happened there and he felt awful.

“Do I look like I’m okay?” He asked sarcastically as he threw his blanket somewhere in his room, got out of bed and walked to the small kitchen. Everything was thrashed in there and he was actually surprised to find a not very broken glass on the table. It just had some cracks here and there, but still usable.

He chugged the water that he poured in the not very broken glass and heard the door closed that was soon followed by footsteps. Dennis had already started cleaning his mess.

“Leave that. The hotel crews will fix that later.” He yelled but just got some shuffling and footsteps for an answer.

No one spoke after that. Dennis just continued cleaning and Heechul just continued holding the glass while looking at it with anger. He wasn’t mad at the glass, he was mad at the reflection that he was seeing in it. The owner of that reflection was so stupid that he didn’t even paid much attention to the things around him because he was so busy dancing with his own sadness.

“Selfish piece of .” He whispered before throwing the glass to the wall across him. He closed his eyes before the poor thing even hit the wall. Tears of frustration streamed down his cheeks as he heard the shattering of the glass, followed by a panicky Dennis, running towards him.

“You should really stop breaking thing just because you’re mad.” Dennis started wiping his boss’ tears. It was also frustrating to see his boss being like that and he didn’t even know what to do. He just continued wiping Heechul’s tears until he felt a drop of liquid fell on his foot – it was blood.

“What-“ He wasn’t able to finish his sentence when he looked down and saw Heechul’s long fingers, covered with blood. Dennis immediately ran into the bathroom and took the first aid kit in there.

Heechul was still not talking. He was completely aware that was hurt but he just ignored it. He held the glass to tight that it started cracking but he couldn’t care less. He’s frustrated. He’s mad. He’s feeling helpless.

Dennis didn’t ask any more questions. He just dragged Heechul back to his bed, cleaned his wound, wrapped it and made sure it won’t bleed anymore. He, himself was also frustrated but he had to stay strong for both him, and Heechul. He’d seen his boss’s breakdowns; he didn’t want it to happen again.

He just looked straight into Heechul’s eyes, it was again, stone cold but was filled with anger.

“I’m going to stop him and crush him into tiny little pieces.”

“Huh?”

“I’m going to stop Hankyung and destroy every little thing he has.”

The way those words escaped Heechul’s lips brought shivers down Dennis’s spine. It was scary. And because Heechul said it, he knew it’d happen one way or another.

He just continued looking at his boss’ eyes. He still didn’t know what to do or what to say. He just unconsciously reached for the man’s uninjured hand, held it tight and interlaced their fingers.

“Everything’s going to be fine. We’ll find a way to solve this.” A smile, that hadn’t been seen since they found out about the contract, crept in his lips.

Heechul smiled back. It was weak but it made his smile widen, showcasing his dimple.

“Thank you.” The raven haired man mouthed before he pulled him in into a tight hug. “I really wouldn’t know what am I gonna do if you didn’t come. Well, I still don’t know what to do.” A chuckle. “But still … thank you.”

Dennis smiled once more as he wrapped his arms around Heechul’s slender body and they just stayed like that until a pair of soft snored was heard.

 

*****

A/N:

YEEEEEEEEEEY SHE UPDATE DASHDKJSAHDKJAS

anyway

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR 432847832974893974823 YEARS
I now I promised I'll post something during my spring break but my writer's block was just at it's peak so I really couldnt write anything worth reading.

I also cant promise that I will go back to my normal phase but I'll try to write more since I'm getting new ideas c:
so yep, there's your some kyumin and denchul ^_^