Coming home...

If I fall in love with you: Another snowfall

Seven years had passed.

 
A sheepish smile curved Heechul's lips as he looked up the familiar sign in front of him. It's been years since he last set his foot on that place and he'd never actually thought that he'll ever go there again.
 
His smile grew wider as he pushed the door open and a familiar mixed scent of mocha and sweet pastries invaded his senses, it was familiar yet so different. He went straight to the counter and threw a crumpled receipt that he found in his pocket to the person behind it.
 
"What the-" A very familiar yet very pissed face welcomed him, but that anger soon faded when the other realized who assaulted him with a piece of paper. "Hyung?" his eyebrow rose. "Heechul hyung? Is that really you?"
 
"No. I'm death and I'm here to take your soul." He glared at the younger. "Of course it's me you idiot!" Heechul almost ran out of the place with his hands in the air when the blonde boy ran into him and almost suffocated him in a very tight hug.
 
"Yah Lee Hyukjae! Are you trying to murder me?" He pushed the younger and smirked. "You missed me that much huh?"
 
"Of course hyung! You never came here after Lee-"
 
"Hyukkie!" Another familiar face came out of the kitchen with flour all over it. "Hyung." The new familiar face tried to hug him, a little calmer than the first, but he pushed the other away with his pointing finger to keep the younger from staining his clothes.
 
"Donghae." He smiled at his cousin as the younger just pouted. "Clean yourself up first please, before I throw you out of my store."
 
"I own this place too." Donghae pouted even more and slowly walked back inside the kitchen with shoulders dropped.
 
"Since when did you allow that fish touch anything in this cafe?"
 
"Since he became my boss. He's finally starting to improve though." Eunhyuk just shook his head as he called a young girl, whom he guessed an employee there, to watch the counter and guided Heechul to the nearest table.
 
"Well, he's a doctor. He plays with people's insides not make food for it." 
 
"Yah Hyung! I fix people's insides! Not play with them!" He heard his cousin yell as the younger snuck his head from the kitchen.
 
A grin formed on his lips. God he missed these people's company.
 
He just watched how Eunhyuk threw a death glare at the flour covered fish as the young boy retreated back to the kitchen with a pout on his lips. His cousin graduated med school at an early age, a lot more earlier than normal people. That kid is a genius, but cooking isnt really his style, as well as growing up. That kid will never grow up.
 
Heechul just shook his head and thought of how much he's gambling investing to a business with his cousin and younger step brother. Well, he actually dont have any problems with his brother, just his five year old cousin. 
 
And yes, he own that special place now. He's now the owner of his angel's old home and he never really actually went to the place since they reopened it, no, he never went to the place since his angel left.
 
He just smiled and just looked around the place, it has changed a lot but it still gave him the same feeling.
 
"You did a great job here Hyukkie. The place looks great." He smiled as he sniffed the cup of coffee that he didnt even noticed been served. "We really did choose the best manager out there."
 
The blonde boy blushed. "Thanks but no hyung, it's not just me." He flashed his gummy smile. "This was all his dreams you know. This was all Teukie-hyungs ideas."
 
Heechul's smile faded upon hearing that name...Leeteuk....Jungsu...his angel.
 
Eunhyuk, on the other hand bit his lips, knowing that he just opened up the almost forbidden subject to talk about when Heechul is around. "Sorry." He muttered.
 
"It's fine." He tried to bring his composure back by putting his smile back on his face, but he failed so he just tried to cover it with his slightly long hair.
 
Both of them just fell into a deep silence until someone behind them did a very fake cough. "So what brought you here Hecchullie-hyung?" His newly cleansed fish cousin glided beside Eunhyuk who's face turned into a total disgust when his cousin tried to wrap his arm around the blonde's shoulder. "Dont touch me." He even heard Eunhyuk muttered as he eyed the other.
 
Heechul just chuckled. "You two are so cute. You should date." He teased.
 
"Hyung, trust me, I've been asking Hyukkie to go out with me for six years now and all I heard from him is a very hurtful, heartless no." His cousin flashed his oh so famous puppy dog eyes with its macthing pouty lips that never really face to melt his heart and sometimes, make him want to punch his younger cousin right in the face.
 
"Try growing up sometimes then maybe I'll think about it."
 
"Look who's talking." Donghae smirked. "Like I'm the one who cant sleep without his monkey plushie and drinks strawberry milk all day long."
 
"Yeah and you watch Finding Nemo everyday and still cry over that darn fish!"
 
"That darn fish you are talking about is so adorable!"
 
"My monkey plush is more adorable!"
 
"You watch one piece all day!"
 
"I do and you watch it with me!"
 
"I'm just bored!"
 
"Liar!"
 
The two kids just continued their argument by exchanging glares which soon changed into softer glances that he perfectly knew what really means. He'd done and experienced a few himself before, seven years ago to be exact.
 
He almost cried as he thought of those very few stolen glances that he exchanged with his angel and he couldnt help but feel a little....cheated, cheated by destiny. His cousin is having the time of his life chasing the blonde monkey that's definitely also into him, and if he just didnt know better, he'd think that his younger brother is having an affair with his assitant. Everyone is happy, except for him. He let out a bitter laugh.
 
"Hyung?"
 
He lifted his head.
 
"Hyung? Are you okay?" He didnt even notice that Hyukjae already went back to the counter and it was only him and his cousin that was left in that table.
 
"You know I'm not." He sighed. Donghae is a kid, that's a fact, but he's the only person he can actually be honest with and lately, his younger brother.
 
"It's been seven years hyung."
 
"I know." He bit his lips. "It's not that easy Hae, you know me."
 
"But hyung-"
 
"I got mad at you back then you know? No, I got mad the world. I got mad at myself."
 
"It's not your fault. None of us wanted it. You did everything that you can." His cousin gave him a very comforting look that the younger always give when he's having his sudden breakdowns.
 
"Coming back to this place...." He shook his head. "This is suicide." It's true. Just being in that place was killing him. Every bit of memory that he spent there with his angel is slowly, but very deeply puncturing his already broken heart.
 
He tried to keep his tears from falling by biting his already swollen lips and he was more thankful that it worked. He didnt like being seen by other people at his weakest state.  He still wanted to keep his strong facade up even though everyone around him know that the great Kim Heechul is already broken inside and nobody  knows how to fix him.
 
*****
a very short first  chapter :)
but I promise...I'll try to write longer ones in the future
this one is just like a short preview on what happened in the past seven years
and if you noticed, I kind of had some problems with their ages hehe
so let's just imagine that EunHae and KyuMin are just about a year younger than TeukChul...would that be okay? :)
coz I just realized that seven years is kind of...long? and it I used their current age  for the prequel then teuk anc chul'll be like....30 something and I dont want that hehe~~
anyway....I really do hope that you'll all like this story ;__;
 
and I'll make this public in a week or so~~ 
 
and to my very forever first everything sonelforever and the always active one _Cieca_ hehe..thank you!!!!
///this is not gonna be as sad and tragic as the prequel but I cant promise you that I will not write angsty chapters hehe coz I kind a like wiritng those...I'm not very romantic person :)