Chanyeol- Nightmare

I Only Have You

The train glided silently into the station, casting a shadow over platform 3 and the waiting passengers. The rain was starting to fall and the crowds boarded hastily as the doors opened.

Chanyeol was running as if his life depended on it. Through the crowd, he searched for the familiar blonde hair with a baby blue sweater. Baekhyun. Chanyeol frantically ran up the stairs and called out Baekhyun's name. No answers. Chanyeol continued to search. Where is he? Did he get lost? Baekhyun, where are you? Please don't leave me. Chanyeol continued to shout Baekhyun's name despite the annoyed stares of the passengers. 

He spotted him. A blonde head with a baby blue sweater. But instead of coming toward Chanyeol, he hastily went on the train. Chanyeol ran after him.

"Baekhyun? Where are you going??" Chanyeol shouted, pushing his way through the people. But he was too late. The train closed the door before Chanyeol could jump on. Chanyeol felt his heart drop. No. Baekhyun, where are you going? Are you leaving me behind? What did I do?

Baekhyun looks back at him, tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry" was the last thing Baekhyun said to him before the train started moving.

Chanyeol sat up abruptly. His chest heaving, trying to catch his breath. His shirt was soaked with sweat and he looked like he had just run a marathon. A familiar coconut smell embraced him as Chanyeol came back to his senses. Another nightmare. 

Chanyeol stood up and went to the fridge to get some water. He sat down on the sofa to cool down his head. Ever since Baekhyun left without saying a word and ended their relationship, Chanyeol kept having nightmares. Well, not really nightmares, more like sad dreams.

Baekhyun suddenly left EXO. All of the members were shocked by his actions. Even the fans were protesting, wanting Baekhyun to join EXO again. Chanyeol couldn't help but think that everything was his fault. Did he do something wrong in the relationship that Baek found troublesome? Did he do something so bad that Baek had to leave EXO? Chanyeol shook his head, not wanting to think about it anymore.

"Can't sleep?", a voice interrupted Chanyeol's thoughts.

Kyungsoo sat down next to Chanyeol. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt with blue striped boxers. His hair was a mess and his eyes were half-closed.

"Yeah, why are you up? It's 3 am." Chanyeol asked.

"Chen kept talking in his sleep. Apparently he wants to eat jjajangmyeon. He kept arguing with someone in his dream to give him some jjajangmyeon. He was so noisy that I couldn't sleep", Kyungsoo yawned and grabbed Chanyeol's water bottle for a sip. Chanyeol chuckled.

"This is why I refused to be Chen's roommate in the first place", Chanyeol hits Kyungsoo lightly on the head. Kyungsoo returned by slapping him really hard on the back. The small boy is very violent.

"Why are you up?" Kyungsoo trying to change the topic.

"Ah, just some bad dreams, no biggies though," Chanyeol said smiling.

"......." Kyungsoo stares at him.

"....what?", Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo was known for staring at people. Sometimes glaring. It was his habit.

"Is it about Baekhyun?", Kyungsoo asked, looking at Chanyeol in the eyes.

"Oh look, it's 3:15 am now and it's Park Chanyeol and Do Kyungsoo bonding time!" Chanyeol yelled loudly, trying to avoid Kyungsoo's question. But the small boy only looked at him.

"Tell me, is it about Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked once again, patiently waiting for an answer.

Chanyeol gave in." Fine, yeah. I dreamt of Baekhyun running away from me and hopping onto a train saying I'm sorry and turning away. Pretty cliche." Chanyeol said lying down on the sofa.

"Oh, it's been a year since he suddenly left EXO already," Kyungsoo whispered.

"Yeah I know," Chanyeol answered.

Feeling the tension, Kyungsoo went to his room and returned with his blanket.

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol eyeing Kyungsoo as the small boy lied down on the opposite end of the sofa, wrapping the blanket over himself and Chanyeol.

"Let's get some sleep before practice tomorrow," Kyungsoo said, closing his eyes.

Chanyeol smiled. After Baek left, Kyungsoo was the one who has been there for him. Even though the small boy doesn't talk or show his affection on the outside, his actions spoke louder than words. Kyungsoo helped Chanyeol overcome the worse stage of the breakup and bring joy into his life. Chanyeol felt at home being with him. Chanyeol knew it wasn't because of Chen that Kyungsoo woke up. It was because he heard Chanyeol's heavy breathing next door and knew he had another nightmare. A nightmare about Baek.

"Goodnight my Kyungsoo", Chanyeol said softly and closed his eyes.