Baekhyun- Return

I Only Have You

Blood. So much blood.

Baekhyun leaned against the sink. He was coughing uncontrollably. Blood splattered everywhere. The sink was covered with the color red.

"Baekhyun? Are you alright?" A voice as sweet as sugar came from the outside. Taeyeon.

Baekhyun turned the faucet on, letting the water wash away the blood. He looked at his reflection in the mirror. God he looked horrible. His hair was messed up, his eyes were red and swollen, and blood covered his face. 

"Yeah I'm fine", Baekhyun managed to answer before he start coughing again. A pain deep in his throat shot up to his ears. 

"Baekhyun! You're not fine! Open the door right now!" Taeyeon kick on the door, trying to get it to open.

Baekhyun washed his face rapidly and opened the door. Taeyeon stood there, looking at him with wide eyes. She looked like she just got out of bed. Her hair was messy and she didn't have any make-up on. But she still looked beautiful, as always.

"You look terrible Baek. Have you visited the doctor at all these past few months?" Taeyeon swept his hair back and touched his forehead. He pushed her hands away.

"What's the point? I'm going to die anyway." Baekhyun brushed past her and went to the kitchen.

"What about Chanyeol?" Taeyeon followed him to the kitchen.

Baek paused.

"What about him?" Baek turned his back toward her. He went to the fridge and took out a bottle of water. 

"Does he know?" Taeyeon went to get some strawberries and apples. She take out a food processor and started blending the fruits. She's making food for Baekhyun since it's the only thing he could eat now.

"No", Baekhyun answered.

" Why? You love him. Why didn't you tell him about your sickness?" Taeyeon looked at him.

Baek shook his head, " He will know pretty soon when my funeral is announced on the news".

Taeyeon grabbed his shoulders and looked at him straight in the eyes,"Baekhyun. Listen to me. You are not going to die". But her hands were shaking. Even Taeyeon doesn't believe he would get through this. Baekhyun smiled sympathetically. 

Baekhyun was diagnosed with Laryngeal cancer last year. It was an early stage but the doctor told him to take some time off and restrain from singing. It was a shock for Baekhyun since singing was his passion, his devotion, and his dream. He was depressed for 2 months. He couldn't tell the members about it and he surely didn't want to break the news to Chanyeol. After putting some thought into it, Baekhyun decided to leave EXO. That also meant leaving Chanyeol.

Of course Baekhyun knew the consequences for his decision. He knew the members would resent him and it hurt him because they've been his only family. He lost Chanyeol too, the one who was always with him, who adored him, and was the one who showed him what love is. His heart still aches whenever he thinks about Chanyeol. But he knew it was better to end it. It's better if Chanyeol just thought of him as a betrayer and found a new love. It's better that way. A tear rolled down his cheek.

"You've always been a younger brother to me Baek. It was a shock for me that you came to my house a year ago, soaked from head to toe. I'm also happy that you came to me for help. I really do Baek," tears were forming in Taeyeon's eyes, " but it's unbearable to see you like this. I know you cry yourself to sleep while thinking about Chanyeol. I know you still wear the necklace that he gave you. I know how much you love him." She sobbed.

Baekhyun was silent. Tears were streaming down his face.

"It was stupid of me to help make Chanyeol hate you! It was stupid to let you kiss me out in the open to make Chanyeol resent you! Why Baek? Why did you have to do that? You love him! You love Park Chanyeol!" Taeyeon slid down to the floor and started crying. She's right. Why did he do that?

"That's it. I can't let you live the remainder of your life like this. I'm giving you 5 months. In those 5 months, you have to continuously come to see the doctor to get some treatment. After 5 months, you're coming back to join EXO." Taeyeon stood up and stared at Baek.

"What? You can't do this to me! The doctor said I only have less than 3 years to live!" Baekhyun was shocked. 

"I know! And I am trying to help you. You're coming back to EXO. I'll tell the manager what happened to you so that he will limit your singing, otherwise, you're coming back." Taeyeon stood up and went to get the food for Baekhyun.

"But who will be making my food? Who will give me my daily medicine? How can I live normal like before?" Bakhyun followed and sat on the chair.

"I got a plan for everything Baek. I just...don't want to see you like this" Taeyeon said with a sad smile.

Baekhyun silently ate his food.