Epilogue

I Only Have You

The sky was clear, clear-- light blue painted through the horizon. Not a sign of one or two, big or small, white, fluffy clouds floating across the sky. And the wind-- the wind is like nothing but calm air. People outside are walking around sleeveless. No sweater. No long sleeves. Jeans are rolled up. It was an extremely hot but beautiful day.

Chanyeol is wearing a three-piece black suit despite the burning heat. His hair is neatly combed back. A faint smell of cologne filled the air. He has a bouquet of red roses in his right hand. His other hand is holding a guitar.

Chanyeol smiles stretch from ear to ear as he slowly makes his way up the grassy hill. Little ducks swim around in the small pond nearby. Chanyeol is the happiest man in the world.

Because today is his and Baekhyun's anniversary. 

July 28.

Chanyeol's smile brighten as he saw what appeared in front of him. His pace got faster.

Approaching Baekhyun's grave.

Chanyeol walked up and carefully lay the bouquet down to Baekhyun's grave. He reaches out his hand and ran a finger along Baekhyun's gravestone.

 

Byun Baekhyun.

May 6, 1992- February 2, 2016.

 

Chanyeol pulled away.

"Baekhyun-ah, I'm here to visit you again. But today is more special than any other day. Can you guess? It's our anniversary" Chanyeol said excitedly.

No answer from Baekhyun.

"I brought you flowers. And not just any ordinary flower. I order this especially for you since red roses are your favorite. I'm such an awesome boyfriend aren't I?" Chanyeol's face was filled with pride.

No answer from Baekhyun. 

Chanyeol was just talking to a gravestone.

Chanyeol's smile fell. His vision is becoming blurry. He shook it off.

He smiles genuinely at Baekhyun again.

"You've been gone for 5 months now but I still haven't fully settle that thought in my mind. I would find myself trying to look for you in crowded places, calling desperately for your name when it suddenly came to me that you're no longer here. I would wake up each morning and ask if you had a good night sleep when I realize that I won't be able to do that any longer. I would make breakfast for the both of us when it hits me that I will be having breakfast alone forever," Chanyeol felt his nose sting. His emotions are starting to spill.

A picture of a smiling Baekhyun on the gravestone stares back at him.

Chanyeol quickly wipes his tears using his sleeve.

"Why am I saying such sad things on our anniversary?" Chanyeol laughs slightly, still wiping his eyes.

Silent.

"Let's talk more happy stuff. My Baekhyun likes hearing happy things," Chanyeol sat down on the grass.

"In case you haven't heard, EXO announced to the fans that they'll take a one year break from all the craziness that just happened. Taeyeon also resigned her position as a Girl Generation's leader and she opened up a place where all cancer victims could come to and get help. The fans are going crazy you know. There was a period of mourning after you die," Chanyeol said to Baekhyun.

Nothing.

" Chen, Lay, and Xiumin packed up their stuff and return to China last week. Suho-hyung proceeds on with his acting career. He is currently filming a new drama. Sehun and Kai went back to their hometown. Those two grew up in the same town so as you could guess, the happy lover is probably enjoying their little honeymoon right now," Chanyeol shakes his head and laughs.

No sound came from Baekhyun.

"Kai and Sehun will be together for a long time. I can see it," Chanyeol's voice trailed off.

Then he quickly continues telling the story to Baekhyun, "D.O flew to America this morning. He was depressed from what happened. His parents thought it would be a good idea for him to travels somewhere to get his mind off of things. I went to see him off, that's why I was a bit late. Sorry for the wait Baekhyun-ah," Chanyeol's lips formed a frown.

Still no sound.

"As for me, I chose to stay here in Seoul. My mom and sister kept urging me to go back home. I refuse. I don't want you to be alone. If I'm gone, who will visit you every day? Who would bring you flowers? I can't just leave you by yourself. You would be lonely," Chanyeol touches Baekhyun's smiling picture.

"Ah, I forgot to mention. I got a tattoo yesterday," Chanyeol said excitedly, pulling back his sleeve to shows Baekhyun his wrist," I got the sound of your laugh permanently inked into my wrist. That way, I will be reminded of you every hour, every minute, and every second," Chanyeol's tears slide down his face.

Baekhyun doesn't respond.

Chanyeol put his sleeve over his mouth, biting into it so he won't let out a sob. He has been holding back his tears but now that he let it out, he couldn't stop.

"I wrote a-a so-song," Chanyeol hiccups as he said between sobs," I wro-wrote a so-song for you today," Chanyeol gasped for air as he commands himself to stop crying.

It took a lot of strength but Chanyeol finally calms down. He slowly picks up is guitar. He looked at Baekhyun shyly and ran his fingers along the strings. He struck a chord.

Then he started to sing.

"I am searching for the one I can't see anymore.

I am listening for the one I can't hear anymore.

 

I can see the things I couldn't see.

Can hear the things I couldn't hear.

You've given me this power,

Ever since you left me right here.

 

Before I selfish and I didn't care about you.

I didn't understand your heart, I was a fool.

Right now, I'm trying to change who I am

And I know you're not by my side.

But it's because of your love that I'm trying to change.

 

It seems as if everything in my world somehow reminds me of you.

Each snowflake in the sky is like a teardrop that came from you.

I wish that somehow you would appear

I wish you'd be by my side; right here.

If I could freeze time, I'd go back to you.

I opened this book and see the pictures of us two.

On that page.. you and I..

Back when there was 'You and I'"

 

And then Chanyeol lost it.

Chanyeol's fingers dropped from the guitar. He is sobbing uncontrollably. It hurts too much. 

Chanyeol rests his head on Baekhyun's gravestone while hitting himself on the chest. He is crying out in pain.

Not physical pain.

Emotional pain.

Baekhyun-ah. I love you so much. Not a day went passed and I didn't think about you. I missed your kisses. I missed the sound of your voice. I missed the way you sing. I missed the sound of your laugh. I feel so empty. It feels as if a part of my life has been ripped off, leaving me struggling and trying to live on. You are my life. The day I found the purpose of my life was the day I fell in love with you. I will love you and only you. You are all that I have Baekhyun-ah. I will do anything. Anything to get you to come back to me.

Because I only have you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

The lyrics belongs to silv3rt3ar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYk_Rfbo65A