Chanyeol- Conflict

I Only Have You

The alarm goes off. Chanyeol turned to his left side and struggled to click the "Snooze" button. He yawned and slowly opened his eyes. He was startled to see Baekhyun laying asleep on the bed right next to him. He quickly sat up. Then a sudden realization came to him. "Oh right, Baekhyun returned last night," he pressed a finger to his temple as he let the thought sunk in.

Chanyeol went to the bathroom, brushed his teeth, styled his hair, and changed into a white t-shirt and jeans. He walked out and Baekhyun was still sleeping. Chanyeol made his bed and sat down. He looked at Baekhyun's sleeping face.

Baekhyun was sleeping on one side. His black hair brushed against his rosy cheeks. His lips were parted, showing his perfectly white teeth. He had one hand under a pillow and the other on top of the blue blanket. He looked like an angel.

Chanyeol walked over and sat on Baekhyun's bed. His heart throbbed. He missed Baekhyun a lot. Oh how his heart yearned for him to come back day after day. For the past 2 years, he had been waiting and praying that one day, he could get to see Baekhyun's sleeping face next to him again. His prayer had been answered but somehow, he couldn't seem to face Baekhyun. The scar that Baekhyun left in his heart was too painful for Chanyeol to accept him back. Seeing Baekhyun's face stirred up Chanyeol's emotions. Chanyeol gently brought his hand up, caressing Baekhyun's face. His skin felt soft against Chanyeol's fingers and Chanyeol's tears  started to fall out. He quickly pulled back his hand and stood up. He shouldn't be doing this. He can't have feelings for Baekhyun again. Baekhyun doesn't love him, that's why he left in the first place. Chanyeol wiped his eyes and walked out of the room.

D.O was in the kitchen, making pancakes for the members. Chen was sitting at the table, drinking coffee. Xiumin sat next to him and put his head on Chen's shoulders. The eldest wasn't a morning person. Sehun was being a helpful maknae and helped set up the table. Lay was watching TV in the living room. Suho was getting ready in the bathroom; the leader usually took the longest to get ready. Kai was probably sleeping like a log right now. Kai slept the most in EXO; the boy could sleep for 3 days without waking up. Chanyeol slowly strolled into the kitchen.

D.O looked up immediately and smiled at Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiled back and waved at him. He felt happy seeing D.O.

In half an hour, everyone gathered around the table, including Baekhyun. Xiumin, Chen, and Lay weren't happy to see him. They sat as far away from Baekhyun as possible. Chanyeol felt bad but he couldn't do anything. It was Baekhyun's fault for leaving so suddenly. Suho sensed the tense atmosphere and started telling his lame jokes. No one laughed. Suho felt awkward and stopped talking. The members ate in silent.

At 9:00 am, the manager made an appearance at their house. He seemed to know about Baekhyun's arrival and asked to speak with him in private. Chanyeol wanted to know what they are talking about but he didn't want to pry into their business. Instead, he went to Kyungsoo's room.

Kyungsoo was in the middle of making his bed. Chanyeol softly knocked on the door and walked toward the small boy. He helped Kyungsoo make his bed. 

"Thank you," Kyungsoo looked at him appreciatively. Chanyeol crept a smile on his face. Kyungsoo can be pretty cute.

"This is something a lover would do right?" Chanyeol playfully poked at Kyungsoo's cheek. The small boy's face turned bright red.

"How was last night?" Kyungsoo stopped blushing, he was now looking at Chanyeol expectantly.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol looked back at him, confused.

"Did you talk to Baekhyun yet?" Kyungsoo let out a small voice, sounding nervous.

"No," Chanyeol signed, " I just... I wanted to.. but somehow I couldn't. My heart wouldn't let me speak to him." Chanyeol shook his head.

"Oh," Kyungsoo said. He looked down. Chanyeol immediately got the message and continued,"I'm not thinking of getting back to him whatsoever though."

"I see," Kyungsoo still looked pretty tensed, but he seemed to relax a little.

"Everyone come to the living room please!" Suho's voice loudly shouted.

Everyone went to the living room. The manager was sitting right in the middle of the room along with Baekhyun. Everyone looked at them.

"Okay everyone, since Baekhyun has returned, he will be joining EXO again," the manager started to speak, " and as you know, he had been gone for quite a long time. He already told me the reason why he left so I hope you guys would understand. He has a ... family's problem back in Bucheon." The manager paused, " Since he left EXO, the fans had been protesting like crazy. I'll try to arrange some interviews for Baekhyun to let people know that he has returned. For the time being, he will practice the new song with you guys. He will... only sing a small portion of "Sing for You". I know he is one of the main vocalists but it's too soon to gave him such a big part of the song when he had just come back. He will be practicing with you guys starting today. Everyone cool?" The manager asked.

The members nodded their heads reluctantly. They couldn't say no to the manager. Baekhyun stood up, bowed his head, and said "Thank you" to everyone.

EXO went on with their activities. The members went on the van and arrived at their practice room. Since "Sing for You" was a ballad song, they won't be doing any dance moves. Baekhyun came along with them and tried to catch up with his part. Baekhyun was only given 2 lines of the song. Chanyeol felt sorry for him. Baekhyun always had a really big part in every single song that they did in the past. He turned and walked toward D.O, who was warming up his amazing vocals. 

All of a sudden, there was a loud cough. Chanyeol looked back and saw Baekhyun covering his mouth with his trembling hands. His cough sounded hoarse and raspy. "Goodness, hasn't he been taking care of his voice?" Chanyeol thought. Sehun quickly ran over and patted Baekhyun's back. Baekhyun's coughing didn't stop, it kept getting heavier and heavier. He ran to the bathroom. Chanyeol wondered what happened. He wanted to run to the bathroom to make sure that Baekhyun was okay but D.O put a hand on his arms, making him unable to move his legs.

Baekhyun returned 5 minutes later. He looked dead. His face turned green and his eyes were droopy. There was a dark tiny stain on his blue shirt. Was that blood? Or was that the syrup from the pancakes this morning? Chanyeol couldn't tell. Baekhyun said he felt sick and wanted to return to their house. Sehun offered to take him home.

The practice went on. Sehun returned after taking Baekhyun home. They practiced their parts and started to sing the whole song without stopping. They were supposed to record "Sing for You" the next day, but since Baekhyun has returned, they had to delay it. Chanyeol just wanted the practice to be over. He wanted to know what happened to Baekhyun. But then he shook the idea out of his head. "Why do I care anyway," he thought to himself.

By the time they got home, it was already 10:00 pm. All the members quickly went to bed. Kyungsoo hugged and said goodnight to Chanyeol and retrieved back to his own room. 

Chanyeol opened the door to his bedroom. Baekhyun was already in his bed. Chanyeol the light so he can get his clothes. He looked at Baekhyun, he seemed to be asleep already. Chanyeol changed into his boxers and went to his bed. He wanted to ignore Baekhyun but he can't help  but wonder about what happened to Baek. He sat up.

"Hey, what happened to you today?" Chanyeol's voice sounded cold. No answer. "So now he doesn't even want to answer me? What a joke?  Why do I even care?" Chanyeol was annoyed that Baekhyun didn't answer him. He lied down and pulled the blanket over his body.

A soft whimper came from Baekhyun's side of the room. Something wasn't right. 

Chanyeol quickly went over to Baekhyun's bed and yanked the cover off of Baekhyun. The sight mortified him.

Baekhyun was drenched in sweat. His whole body was shaking. Chanyeol touched Baekhyun and felt his skin burned. Baekhyun's body temperature was very high. Chanyeol quickly pulled Baekhyun up and swept back his hair. A string of blood rolled out of Baekhyun's mouth and down to his chin.