D.O- Discover

I Only Have You

The world seemed to disappear. Time was standing still. Nothing seemed to matter anymore. It was only Park Chanyeol and Do Kyungsoo. Kissing. 

This is what D.O had been waiting for all his life. Having Chanyeol lips pressed against his own all felt like a dream. D.O's heart was bursting with happiness. He had butterflies in his stomach. His whole world lit up.

But this was wrong.

It was wrong because it didn't feel right. 

It was wrong because he knew Chanyeol didn't feel the same way.

D.O pushed Chanyeol's away, breaking their kiss. Chanyeol looked at him, shocked and confused. D.O felt his heart ripping into a million pieces.

"Why did you do that?" D.O sounded hurt. He was hurting like crazy. The pain inside his chest was unbearable. The pain spread throughout his body, causing him to lose his balance. He grabbed onto the counter for support.

"I.." Chanyeol was about to speak when a loud 'thud' interrupted his sentence. The sound came from the right side of the kitchen.

Chanyeol and D.O turned their heads. Baekhyun collapsed on the floor. His head made a hard contact with the counter. Little drops of blood splattered on the wooden floor. The beanie he was wearing laid 5 cm away from him. There was a huge bald spot that was visible at the back of his head.

D.O gasped. He was about to run over to Baekhyun but Chanyeol was already ahead of him. Chanyeol quickly pulled Baekhyun up and swept back his hair. There was a trail of blood on the side of his face. Chanyeol's face turned white. He quickly carried Baekhyun to the sofa in the living room. He doesn't even notice D.O.

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun! Open your eyes!" Chanyeol placed his hands on Baekhyun's cheeks. He quickly started cleaning Baekhyun's wound with the first aid kit he found in Suho's room. He gently placed a bandage on top of it and kept mumbling Baekhyun's name over and over.

D.O just watched. Pain stirred in his chest.

Chanyeol continued to sit and watch over Baekhyun. 

D.O continued to watch Chanyeol.

It's happening again. The past is repeating itself.

D.O let out a small cough. Chanyeol finally looked up. There were tears b in his eyes. D.O's heart throbbed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just really scared that Baekhyun hurt himself. He's pretty clumsy you know?" Chanyeol laughed lightly,"and for earlier, I'm sor-"

"Shhh. I don't want to hear about it. Let's just forget about what happened today," D.O place a finger over Chanyeol's lips, "How's Baekhyun doing?"

"I think it was just a small scratch," Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. 

"Do you think..." D.O continued, "... Do you think he saw what happened just now? Maybe that's why he fainted."

"Possibly," Chanyeol looked down to the floor, not making eye contact with D.O.

Baekhyun squirmed. He slowly opened his eyes. He was startled to see Chanyeol and D.O looking at him. But there was also a look of betrayal in his eyes.

"What happened..?" Baekhyun finally let out a small voice.

"You fainted," D.O said coldly.

"Oh really? I'm sorry for causing trouble," Baekhyun tried to sit up but the pain in his head is throbbing. Chanyeol pushed him down.

"What are you thinking? Why are you so clumsy? How many times do I have to tell you to be careful? And what's up with that giant bald patch at the back of your head??" Chanyeol was yelling at him. Baekhyun only lowered his head. 

"Stop yelling," D.O was frustrated. He knew that Chanyeol was scared to death when he saw Baekhyun collapse on the floor. He knew Chanyeol was yelling because he didn't want Baekhyun to get hurt. He still cared. He still loved Baekhyun.

And D.O was very much aware of that.

And he can't stand watching Chanyeol hurting himself like this anymore.

"Chanye-" D.O wanted to speak.

"I'm going to my room," Baekhyun said abruptly and stood up to leave. Chanyeol followed right behind him. He completely ignored D.O.

D.O sat down on the sofa. Everything was too much. He couldn't take it anymore. After 10 minutes and Chanyeol hasn't come back, D.O stood up and went to his room. He climbed onto his bed and tried to sleep but he couldn't no matter how much he tried. D.O stayed up the whole night.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Kyungsoo", Chen's voice startled D.O. He looked up and saw the members looking at him. 

"What?" D.O was confused.

"Why are you sleeping? We're about to record 'Sing For You' in 5 minutes," Suho sounded concerned.

D.O wiped his eyes. Because he didn't have any sleep last night, it was hard to stay awake. His eyes kept closing every 5 minutes and tears unconsciously rolled down his face every time he yawned.

Chanyeol is practicing his part. Baekhyun seemed to be on edge. He looked very nervous. D.O wondered why. Baekhyun only has two lines in this song so why does he look so nervous?

Chanyeol looked up and they made eye contact. D.O quickly looked away. He didn't want to talk to Chanyeol right now. Not yet.

"Okay, record in 5..4..3..2..1." the manager spoke through the headphones.

The soft melody of the song comes on.

"I lift my old guitar," D.O started to sing, "a confession I couldn't make." D.O felt his heart drop. The lyrics to this song describes exactly how he is feeling right now.

"Or the stories I persistently swallowed," Chanyeol voice was soft, "As if I'm making a song. I will tell them now. So just listen I'll sing for you." Chanyeol's eyes were filled with mixed emotions that D.O couldn't tell. 

"I love you a lot,  but I don't say the word 'I Love You'," Baekhyun's voice sounded shaky. He struggled to let out the words of the song. Chanyeol, on the other hand, seems very troubled by the lyrics. Baekhyun continued, "Today I got courage and I will tell you but listen to them casually I'll sing for you," Baekhyun was looking at Chanyeol. His eyes watered as he sang that line.

D.O couldn't look at the scene anymore. It was too much for him to handle. 

They finally finished recording. D.O felt all sort of emotions while singing the song because the lyrics were too painful. It hurts to sing the song. It hurted to see Chanyeol. It hurted to see him with Baekhyun.

The rest of the members were excited to finally record the song. They went home and all decided to go to a restaurant to celebrate. Baekhyun and D.O said they didn't feel good and stayed home. Chanyeol followed the others.

As soon as the members leave, Baekhyun went to his room without saying a word to D.O. He closed the door with a slam then silent. D.O retrieve to his own room and lied on the bed. He went to sleep.

By the time D.O woke up, it was 6:00 pm. The members weren't back yet. D.O sat up and stretched. His stomach grumbled. He was hungry.

D.O went to the kitchen to find something to eat but there was nothing in the fridge. He went to the cupboard, which was also empty. Baekhyun appeared in the doorway.

"Hey I'm going out for a bit. Tell Suho I'll be home early," Baekhyun said without looking at D.O

"Where are you going?" D.O didn't want to know. He didn't care where Baekhyun was heading to. It would be better if he didn't come back at all.

"Somewhere," Baekhyun was already out the door.

D.O went back to what he was doing. He was frustrated when he couldn't find anything to eat. He cursed himself for not going to the restaurant with the members. 

A bright idea popped in his head. He will go out and eat and have some alone time to himself. Some alone time to rethink about what happened. 

D.O closed the door and walked down the street. He turned to the right corner and continued to walk straight. There was a small coffee shop at the end of this road. Nobody visited there anymore. It was a private area that only D.O knew.

D.O walked inside and was welcomed by a warm smell of coffee. He waved to the owner and went to sit at the window. The shop was old fashioned and the decorations were very eye-catching. It's a shame that no one came to a place like this.

 The waitress brought him a glass of water. He thanked her politely.

The door opened. Two people made their way into the coffee shop.

It was Baekhyun and Taeyeon.

D.O quickly ducked behind a menu. What the hell is Baekhyun doing here? Why is he with Taeyeon? Are they still together? D.O doesn't know what to think anymore.

They slowly make their way towards him. They finally settled on the table right in front of D.O. Baekhyun had his back toward him. D.O still put the menu over his head, trying to hide.

"How is it going? Everything okay?" Taeyeon's voice was as sweet as sugar.

"It's fine I guess," Baekhyun said.

"I heard from the manager that you recorded 'Sing For You' today," Taeyeon's voice was filled with excitement.

"Yeah," Baekhyun smiled. There was happiness in his voice.

"That's great Baek. I was making the right decision for making you come back to EXO," Taeyeon's eyes are b with tears.

What the heck is she talking about? What does she mean by "I was making the right decision for making you come back to EXO"? D.O continued to listen.

"I'm glad you did," Baekhyun reached out and held Taeyeon's hand.

"The manager also told me about the bald spot at the back of your head," Taeyeon's voice suddenly became serious. Baekhyun's shoulders tensed up. Weird.

"Baekhyun, have you been taking your meds?" Taeyeon voice sounded urgent now.

Meds? Baekhyun is taking meds? What kind of meds? Drugs??

"Yes. I take my meds every day but I don't know, it's not working anymore," Baekhyun's voice was so soft that D.O couldn't even tell if that was what he said.

"Baek, this is bad. We need to go see the doctor," Taeyeon was worried. She quickly pulled out her phone but Baekhyun placed a hand over it.

"Don't," Baekhyun said, "Accept it Taeyeon. My time is about to come. It's no use to keep seeking help from meds and treatments," Baekhyun's voice was shaking. He was crying.

What does he mean by his time is about to come? D.O was confused.

"Baek.." Taeyeon's watched the small boy sobbed in his hands.

"Why? Out of anyone in this world. Why does this stupid Laryngeal cancer have to choose me? Did I do something so bad that God is punishing me with this deadly cancer?" Baekhyun was sobbing even harder than before.

D.O dropped the glass of water in his hand.