Chanyeol- Relief

I Only Have You

When Chanyeol woke up this morning, he panicked to see an empty bed on his right side. He immediately sat up and went over to Baekhyun's bed. "Where is Baekhyun?" Chanyeol ran to the bathroom. Empty. He ran downstairs. Nothing. A sudden fear came to him.

"Did Baekhyun decided to leave again?" Chanyeol's thoughts were piling up inside his head. He hastily ran back to their room. He let out a sighed of relief when he saw Baekhyun's pile of messy clothes on the right side of the closet. His suitcase sat at the corner. So he was still here. 

Chanyeol sat down on his bed and tried to think. Where could Baekhyun be? The boy is sick! He nearly died last night. Chanyeol went to the window and looked down the street. "There's no way he could go outside. It's freezing," Chanyeol mumbled to himself.

A white car appeared at the corner of the street. It's rare to see cars driving by this neighborhood. Chanyeol didn't put any thought into it until something caught his eye. A small figure steps out of the car. He had on a gray coat and a blue scarf wrapped around his neck. He  waved at the driver and slowly approached the house. It was Baekhyun.

Chanyeol felt the heat coming to his face. What the hell is Baekhyun doing? Why is he outside when he just recovered from his fever? But more importantly, who was he with?"

Chanyeol ran downstairs. The sound of keys could be heard from the other side of the door. Baekhyun walked in with his head down. He obviously didn't see Chanyeol standing right in front of him. Chanyeol walked up even closer to Baekhyun. The small boy turned around and his face made contact against Chanyeol's chest. Chanyeol observed him. Baekhyun's nose was really red. His hands were trembling. His lips were chapped. His breath was shallow. Anger bubbled inside Chanyeol's chest. He slammed Baekhyun against the door. His sudden action startled the small boy.

"Where the hell have you been?" Chanyeol's voice was full of anger. 

"I...", Baekhyun didn't look at him, " I was out for a walk," Baekhyun's pupils dilated. He was lying to Chanyeol. Again.

"A walk??" Did Chanyeol hear that right? This kid, who nearly died from a fever last night, went out in this freezing weather for a walk? His excuse was so ridiculous that Chanyeol wanted to punch him, "You went out for a walk after you barely got over your fever? You scared me to death yesterday. I literally stayed up the whole night taking care of you! And now you're telling me that you went out for a walk in this freezing weather?" Chanyeol couldn't believe this. He had always trusted Baekhyun to be honest with him. He knew Baekhyun was with someone just now and wanted to hear the words coming out of Baekhyun's mouth. But instead of telling the truth, he lied. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that," Baekhyun said meekly. His voice sounded sincere. But there was also guilt within his words. Chanyeol managed to cool his head.

"It's fine. Go change into something warm," Chanyeol leaned away from Baekhyun. He felt overwhelmed. Ever since Baekhyun returned, he wasn't himself. There was something he tried to hide. Chanyeol knew Baekhyun enough to know when he is hiding something. But what? What is it that he couldn't tell Chanyeol?

Chanyeol returned to his room. He lied down on the bed. His fingers pressed against his eyes. This was too tiring. He was tired of Baekhyun's lies and excuses. He regretted staying up all night taking care of Baekhyun. Chanyeol continued laying on his bed. When he heard Baekhyun's footsteps, he immediately sat up, went to the closet, and pretend to look for his clothes.

"I wanted to say thank you for the soup," Baekhyun started to speak. He went on and on about how thankful he is about last night. Chanyeol couldn't help but felt really happy at his words. Then a pang of guilt swept over him. It was D.O who had poured his heart out to made the soup, thinking it was Chanyeol who will ate it. Little did he know, Baekhyun got to taste his delicious soup. 

"No problem. Don't get sick again," Chanyeol went to the bathroom after picking out his outfit.

When he returned to his room, Baekhyun already went downstairs. The quiet house was now fill with laughters. It was Chen obnoxious laugh. Xiumin probably said something funny again. Chanyeol casually strolled to the kitchen. Everyone said "Good morning," to him. Baekhyun was sitting at the table. He looked relaxed. Xiumin and Chen started flicking pieces of napkins at him. He laughed and did the same thing. Seems like they've made up a little bit.

Chanyeol spotted D.O. He was leaning against the counter. He took a sip of his coffee and mumbled lines from the script he had in his hand. That's right, D.O has an interview today at SBS. He must be nervous since this will be the first time he goes to an interview alone. Chanyeol approached him.

"Hey D.O! Getting ready for your big day?" Chanyeol smiled brightly at him. But instead of smiling back like he usually does, D.O just gave him a cold glare and turned back to his script. Um...okay? That was weird. What happened?

"Hey, are you okay?" Chanyeol asked him questionably.

"I'm FINE." D.O's voice was harsh. He didn't look at Chanyeol. Chanyeol felt his heart drop. What did he do wrong to make D.O this angry?

"D.O, it's 7:00 am now, I'll drive you to the SBS station," Suho grabbed his coat and told D.O to get ready. D.O mumbled yes and without a word, he walked past Chanyeol. He didn't even say goodbye.

Chanyeol walked to the table, confused. "Did I do something?" He wasn't sure. Gosh, he hated misunderstandings. Chanyeol decided that he will talk to D.O when he comes back.

"Okay, let's eat!" Lay was already chomping down on the sandwiches that D.O had prepared. Sehun and Kai walked into the kitchen. They both looked like they didn't get any sleep last night. Wonder what they've been doing?

"Hey guys," Kai waved. As soon as he sat down on the table, he put his head down and closed his eyes. Sehun hit him on the back, telling him to wake up. Kai groaned. This was the daily lives of the maknaes of EXO. 

"Practice at 7:30 today. Practicing early means getting to go home early," Xiumin said. The eldest was in charge of telling the members about their schedule if Suho is busy. Everyone nodded and ate their sandwich. Baekhyun just sat there and stared at them.

"Why aren't you eating hyung?" Sehun asked Baekhyun.

"I'm not hungry," Baekhyun smile at Sehun.

What a blatant liar. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. The small boy didn't seem to notice that Chanyeol was drilling a hole through his head with his heated glare. Baekhyun kept drinking water while waiting for the members to finish.

They all loaded on the van at 7:30, like Xiumin said. They went to practice as soon as they reached the practice room. Baekhyun was pulled out by the voice teacher in private. Chanyeol didn't know what they are talking about, all he saw was Baekhyun nodding his head continuously. Finally, the teacher warmed up Baekhyun's voice. His voice was sounding clearer. It was no longer hoarse and raspy like yesterday. The teacher then played Baekhyun's part and told him to sing back. Baekhyun sung his small part perfectly. His beautiful voice echoed through the walls. The teacher nodded her head approvingly. Baekhyun smiled. His face expression changed. He looked like he's about to cry of happiness. All the members clapped.

Chanyeol stopped looking at Baekhyun and focused on his own solo. This will be the first time he show off his singing to the fans. He was always known for his rapping skills so he was nervous to show the world a different side of him. Kai was struggling really hard like he was as well. Kai wasn't used to singing such a slow song. Kai was the main dancer and this song was something completely new for him. Sehun patted Kai on the back, trying to encourage him. Chanyeol went back to minding his own business.

After 6 hours of practicing non-stop, the teacher told them they'll be ready to start recording in 3 days. All the members said goodbye and went back to their house. Suho was back, sitting on the sofa. He greeted the members and apologized for not showing up at practice. Chanyeol looked for Kyungsoo but he wasn't there.

"Is D.O not back yet?" Chanyeol asked Suho.

"No, he won't be back until 8:00 pm today," Suho replied.

"Oh, I see," Chanyeol said lamely. D.O won't be home for another 7 hours. Chanyeol sighed. He wanted to ask D.O about what happened as soon as possible.

"Hey, since we have the whole afternoon free, let's go see a movie! All of us!" Suho clapped his hands excitedly. All the other members smiled and nodded their head in agreement. Baekhyun seemed a bit nervous. He is probably wondering if he should go as well. He is holding back because he didn't know if the members accepted him yet. Chanyeol smacked him lightly on the head. Baekhyun turned to look at him.

"You are going," Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. It sounded more like a demand. Baekhyun just nodded his head.

All the members went onto Suho's private car. Chen called shotgun and immediately got into a cat-fight with the maknae, Sehun. They both wanted to sit in the front. Suho told Chen to let Sehun sit in the front since he was the youngest. Chen sulked and went to sit at the back. 

Chanyeol went all the way to the back of the car. He always sat there, mostly to sleep. Baekhyun also went to the back and timidly sat down next to Chanyeol. 2 years ago, the back of the car was Baekhyun and Chanyeol's territory. Chanyeol scooted to the side to make some room for Baek.

They spent 2 hours watching "Insidious 2". Chanyeol wanted to sleep but the members kept on screaming. Baekhyun screamed the most. The small boy was very afraid of scary things and wasn't a fan of jump scares. 

They all went to a small restaurant nearby and eat after the movie. Lay, Chen, and Xiumin had softened their attitudes towards Baekhyun. They all chatted about stupid stuff but no one mentioned the fact that Baekhyun had left EXO for 2 years. Nobody wanted to talked about such a touchy subject. Chanyeol noticed something as well. This was the second time in a day that Baekhyun didn't eat, claiming that he wasn't hungry.

They returned to their house at 8:00 pm. Kyungsoo was already in the house. He was sitting on the sofa with a blanket wrapped around him, watching his own interview on TV.

"How was the interview?" Suho asked.

"It was great!" D.O looked really excited.

Chanyeol told Baekhyun to take a shower first. Baekhyun reluctantly went upstairs. Chanyeol waited around so he could talked in private with D.O

After telling Suho about the interview, D.O walked into the kitchen. Chanyeol followed him.

"Hey," Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo nodded his head. He was no longer angry like this morning but there was something else that replaced it. He looked hurt. "Look, I don't know what I did wrong that made you so upset. But whatever it is, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it. Whatever.. it was," Chanyeol said rapidly. He sounded very awkward right now.

Kyungsoo looked at him for a moment. He looked like a lost puppy that had been betrayed by its owner. He turned around, his back facing Chanyeol ,"You didn't do anything wrong. It was just me being stupid and believing that you actually loved me more than Baekhyun," D.O picked up his feet and ran to his room. Chanyeol tried to chase after him but D.O already slammed his bedroom's door. Chanyeol knocked on D.O's door a few times but he didn't answer. He walked back to his bedroom.

Baekhyun was sitting on the bed, drying his hair. Looking at him angered Chanyeol. He left Chanyeol for two years without telling Chanyeol the reason why he left. Kyungsoo was the one who actually cared for him during those 2 years. And it was Baekhyun's fault that D.O was angry at Chanyeol right now.

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol questionably. Chanyeol scowled and went to the closet. He grabbed his pajamas and went to the bathroom. He quickly strips down and went inside the shower. He jumped.

A big chunks of hair were scattered everywhere in the shower. Yes, people's hair usually fell out after the shower but the chunk of hair that Chanyeol saw wasn't several clumps of hair. This was an unusual big giant chunk of hair. Chanyeol stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. He opened the bathroom's door slightly and peeked into the room.

Baekhyun was sitting on a chair, his back facing Chanyeol. He was laughing at the comedian on the TV. Chanyeol's body shook. His legs wobbled. He had to steady himself from falling at the sight in front of him.

There was a giant bald spot at the back of Baekhyun's head.