Baekhyun- Mistake

I Only Have You

The moment Baekhyun stood in front of the house, he knew it was a mistake. Why did he let Taeyeon talk him into doing this? Baekhyun turned around, ready to run back into the darkness. He didn't want to do this. He was afraid. He was afraid to see the members. What were they going to see and think him as? Will they accept him?

But his greatest fear was facing Chanyeol. His heart throbbed at the thought of him.

Taeyeon kept her promise. In the past 5 months, he never skipped any doctor's appointments. He had to take pills after pills and was unable to eat for 2 months. He had lost a lot of weight. Taeyeon went to a specialist and asked for a chemotherapy treatment for Baek. The doctor said the chemotherapy will only help Baek a little bit. It'll prevent coughing up blood and he will be able to use his voice to sing, but not too much singing because that'll make it worse. Of course there were side effects of the treatment: Baek will faint a lot due to the chemical in his bloodstream, his hair will fall out, and he will experience frequent fevers. Every Saturday, Baekhyun had to go to a private hospital to get his treatment. He would pray while a needle was inserted into his throat to injected the chemical. Every time he was given the treatment, the pain was so unbearable that he felt like he was dying. When his hair started to fall out he had to dye them black to make it less noticeable. After 5 months, the doctor told him he could come back and join EXO.

Baekhyun thought of all the pills and treatments that he went through as he slowly turned to face the door. He was reluctant to receive the treatment at first but he wanted to see Chanyeol again. He went through all the pain, hoping somehow he could get better so that he could come back and be with Chanyeol. But there was no way Chanyeol would accept him. Not after what he had done. But Chanyeol told him that he will always love Baekhyun and only Baekhyun so maybe Chanyeol will forgive him. Just maybe.

He gathered up all of his courage and pressed the doorbell. There were noises on the other side of the door.

The door swung open. Standing there was Chanyeol. Baekhyun's heart stopped. How long has it been since he last saw Chanyeol? He hasn't changed at all. He still looked the same. He still looked like the Chanyeol from 2 years ago. Baekhyun's face felt hot. He tried his best to stay calm. He avoided eye-contact with Chanyeol because he didn't want him to see his tears that were b in his eyes.

"Who is it Chanyeol?" Suho's voice came from the inside.

Baekhyun shoulders tensed up. It's his leader. It's been so long since he has heard the warmness of Suho's voice. An overwhelming sensation came over him.

All of a sudden, Chanyeol grabbed his arms and pulled him inside. He dragged Baekhyun to the familiar living room and threw him against the sofa. His shoulders made a hard-contact against the sofa and he tried not to let out a yelp.

"What the hell?" Chen's voice echoed throughout the room. There's no way Baekhyun could escape now.

"Holy , are you for real?!". It was Lay's voice. He sounded angry.

Baekhyun slowly sat up and straightened his clothes. He looked and observed each member. They all looked really tired. It seems like they're filming today because they all dressed up very nicely. Suho had on the green sweater and blue sleeves that his mom gave him 5 years ago. Kai and Sehun leaned against each other, holding hands. Are they dating? Baekhyun's eyes continued to look. Xiumin hyung still looks the same. Lay is wearing the shirt that he bought in China. Chen is wearing a shirt from LOTTE World. That must've been where they were filming today. Chanyeol wore all black. That's strange because Chanyeol always wore the most colorful outfits. And where's D.O?

"Where have you been?" Kai snapped Baekhyun out of his thought.

What should he say? What would be a good excuse?

"I.. I have been busy," he managed to answer. He gave Kai a genuine smile. Kai had always been his favorite maknae.

"Busy? Busy doing what? You left us without saying a word and now your reason is that you're busy? Come on Baekhyun, we're not little kids anymore," Chen threw his hands up in the air and shook his head. His words slapped Baekhyun in the face. It's true. Being busy was a lame excuse but it was better than telling the members about his sickness. He just can't tell them about it.

"Can you tell us why you left Baekhyun?" Suho looked at him with sympathy. His voice was soothing. It made Baekhyun regret what he was about to say.

"I...", Baekhyun tried to think quickly in his head for a reason, "My family was having a hard time back in Bucheon. I didn't want to tell you guys because of the tight schedule that we had," Baekhyun felt bad for lying," I didn't want my problem to be a burden on you guys so I left. I expected to come back after a few months but things got really complicated at home so I couldn't come back earlier.." Baekhyun tears were coming. He didn't want to lie to the members like that. He felt horrible because EXO was his second family, and now he's lying straight to their face.

Suho came to give him a hug. Kai and Sehun soon followed and wrapped Baekhyun into their arms. Baekhyun couldn't contain his tears anymore. He sobbed. It's been so long since he felt the warmness of the members again.

Chen, Lay, and Xiumin didn't believe him. They stood up without saying anything and glared at Baekhyun while the three of them walked to their rooms. He didn't blame them. Sehun and Kai patted Baekhyun on the back and retrieved back to their own room. Chanyeol went to the kitchen. Baekhyun wanted to follow him and have a moment alone with him but Suho kept wanting to talk to Baekhyun.

"Yeah, all the members were shocked that you left so suddenly, that's why they're acting like that. Give them some time," Suho looked at Baekhyun and smiled.

"I'm sorry," Baekhyun felt bad for lying to his precious leader. Kyungsoo suddenly appeared. He looked shocked at the presence of Baekhyun. And there was something else too. He looked afraid.

"Hi D.O," Baekhyun waved to Kyungsoo.

"Uh.. Oh.. Hi Baekhyun," Kyungsoo offered a small nod and ran to the kitchen. What the hell was that?

"Oh that's right. We need to get you a room right? You can't possibly sleep on the sofa. It's cold," Suho looked at Baekhyun with concern.

"Oh.. it's fine. I can sleep on the sofa," Baekhyun didn't want to trouble anyone right now when they're all hating him.

"Chanyeol slept alone in his room. I'll go ask him," Suho headed to the kitchen. Baekhyun picked up his suitcase and followed Suho. He wished that he didn't.

Chanyeol was hugging D.O tightly, his head. D.O put his head on Chanyeol's chest. The scene made Baekhyun's heart drop to the bottom of his stomach. Baekhyun tried to regain his composure. "They're only friends Baekhyun. Kyungsoo is probably experiencing something bad right now," Baekhyun tried to force the thought into his head. But it wasn't convincing at all.

"I told you I would give this romance thing a shot remember? I won't go back to Baekhyun. It's all in the past now," Chanyeol said as he hugged D.O even tighter. Baekhyun felt like he couldn't breathe. It's over. Of course it was. He was the one that ended it. But deep down, Baekhyun still wished that what Chanyeol had just said was a lie. How could he? Chanyeol said he only loved Baekhyun and no one could replace him. For the past 2 years, Baekhyun has silently prayed every night that Chanyeol would still love him despite of what he had done. But the reality isn't like what he expected.

Suho coughed loudly, startling the two. Chanyeol made eye-contact with Baekhyun and Baek dropped his suitcase. He clumsily bent down and picked it up. It was all too much. He couldn't bring himself to look at Chanyeol.

"Baekhyun will be your roommate," Suho said.

Chanyeol made a face. It killed Baekhyun to see him like this. He is so cold. The Chanyeol he knew 2 years ago was gone.

Finally, Chanyeol agreed to let Baekhyun stay in his room. Kyungsoo quickly left, leaving only the two of them standing in the kitchen. Chanyeol seemed to be lost in his thoughts. Baekhyun missed him so much. He wanted to feel the warmth of Chanyeol's hand. Baekhyun reached for it. Chanyeol slapped his hand away. The spot he hit stung. His action surprised Baekhyun. He quickly turned around as he felt tears getting ready to fall. He quickly walked to their bedroom.

Baekhyun unpacked his clothes as Chanyeol went to take a shower. Baekhyun was already in his pajamas by the time Chanyeol came out of the bathroom. Neither of them said a word. Baekhyun felt the need to break the tension. He didn't want Chanyeol to hate him. He gathered up his courage.

"Chan-," Baekhyun tried to speak.

"Don't talk to me!" Chanyeol scoffed at him. His words cut him like knife. There's no doubt, Chanyeol hates him. He was no longer the loving Chanyeol from 2 years ago.

"I was just-", Baekhyun was trying his best to talk to Chanyeol.

"What did I tell you? Don't talk to me!" Chanyeol went to his bed and went to sleep.

Baekhyun's tears were flowing non-stop. He tried not to make a sound. This is what he deserved. How could he expect Chanyeol to love him after he cruelly broke off their relationship? Baekhyun's tears kept overflowing as he remembered the late night talks and how stupid they would act before going to bed. But that was all 2 years ago.

Baekhyun sighed and went to go turn off the light.