Chanyeol

I Only Have You

The phone nearly slipped from Chanyeol's hand.

"Wh-What?" Chanyeol couldn't believe what he had just heard.

"Baekhyun only has four hours to live," D.O repeats himself. His voice crack.

"Are you joking?" Chanyeol said as he quickly ran out of the house.

D.O hangs up and didn't say a word.

Chanyeol ran to the nearest bus stop. He waited anxiously for the bus to come. All the other members are probably at the hospital already since the practice room is 10 minutes walk to the hospital.

Chanyeol sat on the bench. Everything is moving too fast. His mind hasn't had time to catch up from all the craziness that happened all at once. 

An image of Baekhyun smiling freely appears in his head.

Chanyeol's heart clenched.

Baekhyun.

The bus finally appear. Chanyeol went on as quick as he can. He urges the bus driver to speed up because he is in an emergency situation. 

It was the longest drive of his life.

Finally, they arrived at Seoul Hospital. Chanyeol jumps off the bus so fast that he trips himself and fell onto the pavement. He didn't care. He ran with full speed inside the hospital.

To room 461.

461.

How ironic.

It's Baekhyun's and my number. 

4 and 61.

When Chanyeol approaches Baekhyun's room, all the members had just walked out of the room. They looked terrible. All of them are crying. Suho slammed his fists against the wall and screamed. Chen is choking on his own tears. Sehun and Kai just lost it. Xiumin and Lay leaned against each other as they tried to process what just happened.

D.O stood still.

He was numb.

Chanyeol slows down to a stop. He knew what was going on.

And he felt himself breaking into a million pieces.

The members looked up when they heard the sounds of feet approaching. They erupted into painful sobs when they saw Chanyeol.

Suho bit his lips and after taking a moment of breath, he slowly makes his way towards Chanyeol.

"Baekhyun is waiting for you," Suho can barely make out a sound.

Chanyeol didn't say anything and brushed past Suho. He continues to walk like a zombie towards the room.

Baekhyun is waiting for me.

The realization that Baekhyun will only breathes the same air as him will only last for another 3 and a half hours swept over Chanyeol.

Oh My God.

I can't do this.

Chanyeol stagger.

"Chanyeol, if you want to see him now, do it," Chen said weakly.

Chanyeol continues to walk on.

It was a torture.

Every step he made is a torture.

Chanyeol walks towards Baekhyun's room and places a hand on the doorknob. He closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath.

He opens the door and walks in.

But instead of Baekhyun, he was greeted by a man in a white coat.

Chanyeol jumps back an inch.

"Are you here to see Baekhyun?" the man reaches out his hand. Chanyeol shakes it.

"Yes," Chanyeol answered.

"I am Dr. Kim. I've been Baekhyun's doctor for the past 2 years. I helped him with his cancer, preventing it from spreading," Dr.Kim said.

Chanyeol gulped, "I see."

Dr. Kim sigh, "Baekhyun cancer spreads violently. I tried my best to get rid of them but I couldn't. His cancer spreads at a ridiculously fast pace. It travels from his throat and spreads all over his body. By the time I was done getting rid of cancer in his lungs, it was already spreading to his other organs. In order to prevent that and to let him live a little longer, I cut off his vocal chord. He is behind that curtain on your right. You can still talk to him but he won't be able to say anything. Take your time," Dr. Kim said as he gathered up his stuff and left the room.

Chanyeol didn't understand as if his brain short- circuited and needed to be rebooted. Around him, everything was fast- forward while he was motionless in the middle of it all.

How could this happen?

A soft rustle came from the right side of the room. Chanyeol looked towards it and slowly makes his way across the room.

Chanyeol pulls back the baby blue curtain, revealing a person lying on the bed.

Baekhyun was dressed in a soft green hospital gown.His bald head was exposed. Tubes stick to his arms, throat, and chest. There was a breathing tube attached to his nose. A huge bandage was placed over his neck, covering up the deep cut.

Baekhyun's eyes met Chanyeol. Baekhyun's eyes are tired. His skin is an ashy color. His body is like a skeleton. His cheekbones are poking out from his face.

But Chanyeol had never seen anyone who is this beautiful. 

Baekhyun is beautiful.

Baekhyun's eyes shine when he saw Chanyeol. His lips form a thin line. It curls upward. He motions for Chanyeol to come closer.

And he did.

Chanyeol sat on the chair next to Baekhyun's bed. He looked up at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun is smiling. His smile is so wide. His eyes form a crescent as tears slide down on the side of his face.

It was a smile filled with happiness.

Chanyeol smiles back but it quickly fades away and sobbing replace it.

"You idiot! Why did you hide it from me?" Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and pressed it against his cheeks.

Baekhyun flinched.

"You suffer all by yourself. Did you think that it was going to make me happy? Did you think I would let my lover suffers alone?" Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun formed a frown. He looked at Chanyeol with guilt.

"You go on and on about how much you love me. But is this how you expressed your love? You're trying to turn me into a coward who let his lover endure the pain by himself," Chanyeol's throws his body on the bed. His throat burns from all the screamings and crying.

Baekhyun looked like he is about to say something.

But he couldn't. His vocal chord was being removed already.

"Why? Why are you doing this to me? You love me don't you? If you love me then you have to live. You have to live and show me every day how much you're in love with me!" Chanyeol screams.

Baekhyun bit his lips and shut his eyes. 

" I didn't love you enough. I really didn't. Please, you have to live. I want to kiss you every morning. I want to hold your delicate hands. I want to hug you and embrace you in my arms. I want to eat your cooking. I want to travels with you. We still haven't gone to France and have a kiss under the Eiffel Tower yet. There are still a lot of things that we didn't have a chance to do," Chanyeol sobs as babble on and on.

Baekhyun smiles genuinely at his lover. His eyes shone at the thought of them traveling to France together.

"I love you so much Baekhyun. You really have no idea how much you means to me. At first, I was attracted to your cute appearance but then, it was much more than that. I love you because you are you. I fell in love with your goofy self as well as your stubborn one. I love how your ears would get red if you can't win an argument. I love how you would stomp angrily on the floor whenever you lose at a game. I love how you always tried to act cute to get away with everything. I love it all. I love you Baekhyun-ah", Chanyeol caressed Baekhyun's cheeks softly.

Baekhyun nodded his head. He understood perfectly.

Because he feels the same way towards Chanyeol.

" I've never regretted loving you. I was such a fool. I actually believe that you really betray me. I should have known better," Chanyeol blames himself.

Baekhyun shakes his head.

It's not your fault.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. Looked at the angel in front of him. Out of all the regrettable choices he has made in his life, falling in love with Baekhyun was probably the best decision that Chanyeol has ever made. It still is.

Chanyeol considers himself as the world's luckiest man. Baekhyun is a charmer. Almost everyone had a crush on Baekhyun the minute they saw him. Chanyeol would never have thought that Baekhyun would belong to him.

But he did.

Baekhyun was his.

But he let the chance slipped away.

"I'm sorry Baekhyun-ah, it was all my fault. I let my pride gets the best of me. I was so selfish. I only think about my feelings and never let you have a chance to explains anything. I jumped right into conclusion and accusing you of something you didn't do. I focus only on how I'm feelings while I should be loving you," Chanyeol went on.

Baekhyun's heart aches. He doesn't want Chanyeol to feel this way. He doesn't want Chanyeol to blame himself for everything.

It was his choice. He made the decision to do this.

So it would be his fault.

Baekhyun tugged at Chanyeol's sleeve. Chanyeol looked up and comes closer to Baekhyun. Chanyeol stares deeply into Baekhyun's eyes.

Baekhyun reaches up and ran his finger along Chanyeol's lips.

And Chanyeol understood.

Chanyeol stands up a little. Both of his hands gently cupped Baekhyun's cheeks. Baekhyun looked at him and his eyes sparkle.

Chanyeol leans in. He closes his eyes as their lips pressed against each other. 

It was the most perfect feeling Chanyeol has ever experienced. It feels so right, having Baekhyun's soft lips against his own. Baekhyun's small, pink lips locked to Chanyeol's full, plump one. Chanyeol intertwines their hands. Baekhyun's small hands fit in Chanyeol's big ones like it's made just for him.

Chanyeol doesn't want the kiss to end. If he could stop time, he would choose to be frozen at this moment. 

Baekhyun hitched his breath. Chanyeol pulled back a little, observing his small lover. Baekhyun's face was wet and blotchy.

Then his breath came out ragged. He pulled Chanyeol's face down and they kiss one more time. Their lips locked for a few seconds before Baekhyun pulls away.

His eyes went wide. His cheeks flushed. His mouth is wide open, gasping for air.  

"Baekhyun? Wh-what wrong?" Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun up and put his arms around Baekhyun, embracing him.

Baekhyun shook. He pulled away from Chanyeol slightly. His face scrunched up in pain. His breathing is getting worse.

Chanyeol immediately lay Baekhyun down. He was about to go get help when Baekhyun grabbed his hand.

Chanyeol turned his head and looked at Baekhyun. Baekhyun shakes his head, telling Chanyeol not to go.

Chanyeol is crying. He wanted to run and screams help from the doctor.

But Baekhyun is not letting him.

Baekhyun breath quickens. He shakily grabbed Chanyeol right hand. He spreads out Chanyeol's palm. With a trembling hand, he wrote the words into Chanyeol's palm.

I

Only

Have

You

Then Baekhyun went limp.His fingers dropped down to the bed as he wrote the last letter into Chanyeol's hand.

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol let out a small voice.

 

"Beep"

A straight line appears on the heart monitor machine.

Baekhyun just had his last breath.

No.

This can't be happening.

No.

NO.

NO! 

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol screams at the top of his lungs. He plunged himself at Baekhyun. Chanyeol let out a painful cry. He screams Baekhyun's name over and over.

Baekhyun-ah.

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME.

NOT LIKE THIS.

NOT LIKE THIS.

I LOVE YOU!