Chanyeol

I Only Have You

It's been almost a week since the day Baekhyun and D.O leave the house without Suho's consent. Baekhyun hasn't stepped outside of his room even once after that day. The members tried to grilled D.O about what had happened but D.O didn't say a word. D.O seems down lately. He busies himself by taking care of Baekhyun all the time. He doesn't prepare breakfasts for the members like he always does. He stopped nagging the members to clean the house. He is always on his toes during practice and he keeps clutching at the phone in his hands, waiting to pick up if Baekhyun called him. He would always make smoothies and brought it to the room to feed Baekhyun as if it's the only thing that Baekhyun could eat.

Chanyeol doesn't know what is going on but he doesn't like it. He felt like something is wrong but he can't seem to find out what it was. He is really concern about Baekhyun. Baekhyun hasn't come to a single day of practice and their live concert is literally 5 days away. Many times, Chanyeol wanted to knock down Baekhyun bedroom's door and yell at him for being so stubborn and to ask him what is going on, but he stops himself. After all, he doesn't care. He shouldn't be. Baekhyun betrayed him. 

But why do I still have this uneasy feeling in my stomach?

Chanyeol sat in his room. His head hurts from too much thinking and worrying about Baehyun. Chen makes his headache even worse because he kept on screaming and laughing while watching the TV. Chanyeol just wanted to smack him but that would be too rude. He scoff and left the room.

Chanyeol went to the living room and settled himself comfortably on the sofa. He caught a glimpse of someone heading to the kitchen. Judging by the heavy footsteps, Chanyeol knew it was D.O. Chanyeol got up and follow him into the kitchen. 

D.O dumped the half-empty smoothie into the sink.  He wasn't aware of Chanyeol's presence and continue on with what he is doing.

"Ahem," Chanyeol pretended to cough. His action startles D.O as the small boy jumped back an inch. 

"You scare me," D.O put a hand over his heart and his shoulders relaxed when he saw Chanyeol.

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol casually walks over to D.O

"I'm washing this," D.O held up a small cup. 

"Is that for Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked, trying to keep the curiosity out of his voice.

D.O hesitates before answering." Yes."

" Is he obsessed with smoothies or something? He doesn't even eat real food," Chanyeol let out a laugh. He thought D.O would laugh along with him but there was an expression on D.O's face that Chanyeol couldn't read. It was a mixture of guilt and pain. Chanyeol stopped laughing and pretended to cough instead.

"So what is going on? Is Baekhyun okay?" Chanyeol put on his serious mode now.

D.O looked at Chanyeol. He looked like he was about to say something but then held back. He shook his head and went back to what he was doing.

"Hey, if something is wrong then tell me about it. Is Baekhyun sick? He hasn't walked out of that room even once. I'm really concern about him so please, can you tell me what happened?" Chanyeol grabbed D.O hands. Chanyeol was really sincere with his words and D.O feels like he is betraying both Chanyeol and Baekhyun. 

After a long and awkward silent, D.O let out a big sigh. He grabbed Chanyeol's hand and pulled him into the living room. He sat Chanyeol down on the sofa and sit directly across from him. D.O closes his eyes.

"Okay..? What's going on?" Chanyeol let out a small, questioning voice.

D.O immediately opens his eyes, " Chanyeol-ah. Please don't hate Baekhyun anymore. Come back to him and love him. Please. I know you are still hopelessly in love with him. Don't hurt yourself. And please, don't hurt Baekhyun anymore. Come back to him. I'm begging you." D.O started to cry.

"What's up with you all of a sudden? Why are you saying this? Aren't you the one who said that you're in love with me?" Chanyeol's eyes are filled with disbelief.

"I did," D.O said," I did Chanyeol. But I can't continue anymore. I already told you. Chanyeol-ah, you're still in love with Baekhyun. I can tell. From the way you look at him to the way you are holding back from reaching out to him, your actions scream that you still care for him. A lot," D.O's tears continue to fall.

Chanyeol shook his head, "D.O, I told you. I do love Byun Baekhyun. Very much so. But don't you see? He doesn't love me. Not even one bit. I was so happy 2 years go. Having Baekhyun as my lover seems like a dream comes true. He was so beautiful and everything about him was perfect. He was more than what I deserved but he fell in love with me. D.O-ah, you've no idea how happy I was," Chanyeol's hands trembled," I worked my hardest to satisfied him. But just as I thought, I wasn't enough for him. He left me D.O, he left me for another woman. My world seems to end but you came along and I finally thought I could move on but then he came back and ruined everything! There are times when I wanted to reach my hands out to him but he was constantly lying to me! The way his pupils dilated and how he fumbled with his thumbs every time he talked to me is enough to tell me that Byun Baekhyun doesn't.." Chanyeol sobs,".. that he doesn't love me."

"Chanyeol-ah, that's not true," D.O grabbed his hand, "Baekhyun still loves you. Why do you think he came back? He knew pretty well that the members won't welcome him. He knew coming back after disappearing for a long will cause a big commotion among the fans as well as the company. But most of all, he came back despite knowing that you, Chanyeol, hates him. But he came back. He took a huge risk by making that decision. But he did it because he loves you," D.O's voice trembled.

"Maybe he came back because Taeyeon dumped him," Chanyeol scoffed.

"No, that's not true. Not true at all. Chanyeol-ah, everything in this world have a reason and I'm sure Baekhyun have his own reason for doing so. Chanyeol-ah, I am in love with you but my love for you can never be compared with Baekhyun. He loves you more than himself. So please, I'm begging you, come back to him. Love him before ...." D.O bit his lips.

Love him before he leaves you forever.

"I don't understand," Chanyeol said, "I am so confused. About everything."

"Chanyeol, don't be. Let your heart speaks for itself," D.O placed a finger over Chanyeol's heart," Tell me, do you love Baekhyun?"

"I.." Chanyeol couldn't speak

"It's okay. Just say how you really feel," D.O said.

"I.." Chanyeol took a deep breath," I do love him."

Pain flashed across D.O's face but he quickly regain his composure. Chanyeol felt horrible.

"But D.O, that doesn't mean that I will give up on yo-," 

"Shh, don't worry about me. I'm fine," D.O placed his finger on Chanyeol's lips. But the tears that are forming at the corner of his eyes betrayed him otherwise.

Chanyeol reaches for D.O's hands and pressed it against his own cheeks. D.O couldn't hold back anymore. He begins to sobs into Chanyeol's chest. Chanyeol caressed D.O's head to calmed him down. They stayed like that for a while.

"Chanyeol. Go tell Baekhyun how you really feel. Right now. Please," D.O said softly.

"Right now?" Chanyeol said loudly," Why so sudden? I'm not ready."

"Please. I don't want it to be too late." D.O pulled away from Chanyeol's chest, "I want him to.."

I want him to die happily.

"But-"

"Right now. I'm begging you. Now!" D.O raised his voice.

Chanyeol reluctantly stood up. He slowly makes his way towards Baekhyun's bedroom. All of a sudden, he was being pulled backward.

D.O pulled Chanyeol back and grabbed his face with both hands. He pulled Chanyeol down and pressed is lips against Chanyeol's. Chanyeol was shocked but didn't pull away. He kissed D.O back. Finally, D.O break their kiss. He looked at Chanyeol with a painful expression on his face.

"This is a final goodbye. I love you," D.O started to cry. The small boy then pushed past Chanyeol and went to the kitchen. He resumes with what he was doing earlier, except this time, his tears kept coming even though he told it not to.

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chanyeol stood in front of Baekhyun's room. He shuffles his feet back and forth. He doesn't know if he's making the right decision to come here. Chanyeol knew that he loves Baekhyun, as much if not, even more than he was 2 years ago. But right now is too sudden. He doesn't want to scare Baekhyun or comes off as being pathetic. Chanyeol continue to stand there.

Finally, after what seems like forever, Chanyeol gather his courage and knock on the door. He waited.

"D.O? Why are you knocking? Just come in," a voice came from the inside. Chanyeol freeze. Baekhyun's velvet voice is gone. It was now croaky and raspy. Chanyeol's heart dropped. 

Baekhyun, what happened?

Slowly, Chanyeol started to reach for the doorknob. He mentally prepares himself for what he will soon tell Baekhyun.

All of a sudden, his phone started vibrating. Chanyeol lets go of the doorknob and reach for his phone.

The caller is his sister.

"Hello?" Chanyeol slowly steps away from Baekhyun bedroom's door.

"Chanyeol, come home. Quick," his sister's voice was urgent.

"What happened? What's going on?" Chanyeol asked rapidly.

"Mom is really sick and I'm in China to do an interview right now. I won't be back in 5 days. Mom is currently staying at our aunt's house in Busan," his sister said.

"What? Why didn't you tell me earlier?? " Chanyeol walked away from Baekhyun's bedroom.

"I'm sorry. I just got a call from her," his sister said meekly.

"Okay, I'm going to Busan right now," Chanyeol went to his room and pulled his clothes from the closet. He grabbed the old suitcase that he never used and put his clothes inside.

"Don't you have a concert in 5 days?" his sister asked.

"Mom is more important," Chanyeol said. His sister told him she will try to reschedule her interview and be home in 2 days. Chanyeol said goodbye and hangs up.

Chanyeol walked over to Suho room and told him what happened. Suho was really concern because he knew how much Chanyeol loves his mother. Suho said he will tell the manager about Chanyeol's situation and told him not to worry about the concert. They'll explain to the fans about his absent. Chanyeol politely said thank you to Suho and walked out of the room.

Chanyeol passes Baekhyun's room on his way out. He stopped and look at the door.

When I come back, I will definitely tell you how I feel. Please wait for me Baekhyun.

I love you.

Chanyeol turned his head and walked out of the house, carrying a suitcase in his hand.