D.O- Truth

I Only Have You

D.O. was in his room. He was lying on the bed with a book in his hand. Chen was sitting at the corner, torturing D.O. with his high-pitched vocals. D.O. wanted to kick him out but he knew Chen would never listen to him. D.O just shook his head.

"Will you quit it?" D.O. was annoyed.

"What's up with you? You haven't walked out of this room besides for breakfast and dinner. You've been reading that book for the past 5 days already and you haven't even finished 50 pages," Chen stopped singing.

"I don't feel like walking out of this room okay?" D.O opened his book. He tried to read the same paragraph over and over but he still didn't get it. His thoughts is wandering somewhere else.

"Are you fighting with Chanyeollie?" Chen went and sit on the stool next to D.O's bed.

"What make you think that?" D.O was alarmed. Does Chen know about his feelings for Chanyeol?

"You're always with him," Chen answered without missing a beat, "You're really predictable you know. By the way you've been acting towards him recently is enough to tell me that you're mad at him. What did he do?" Chen was trying to be considerate. D.O sighed.

"Nothing. None of your business," D.O put down his book and pulled the cover over his head, pretending to go to sleep.

"Aish~ You little." Chen hissed. After getting no answer from D.O, he stood up and went over to Xiumin's room. It was obvious that Chen had a really big crush on Xiumin.

After Chen closed the door, D.O peeked his head from the corner. He let out a sigh of relief. Finally, he can have some peace. He placed a hand over his temple and massaged the spot.

D.O wasn't mad at Chanyeol. He just felt betrayed. Chanyeol seemed to take his feelings as a joke and that really hurted him. D.O didn't know if he was making a mistake for loving Chanyeol, but he was certain for one thing: he was willing to sacrifice everything for Chanyeol. He had loved Chanyeol ever since the first day they had met. For goodness sake, he had been in love with him even before Chanyeol started dating Baekhyun. Because D.O wasn't good with words, he wasn't able to express his feelings to Chanyeol properly. Baekhyun, on the other hand, was the complete opposite of him. Chanyeol was attracted to Baekhyun because they shared the same personalities and had a very deep bond that D.O could never have with Chanyeol. Many times, he had to put on a fake smile and pretend to be fine whenever Chanyeol and Baekhyun would flirt with one another. It killed him but what could he do? Nothing. You can't force a person to love you.

So when Baekhyun suddenly left 2 years ago, D.O finally thought it was God's plan to give him another chance with Chanyeol. During those 2 years, Chanyeol suffered severely from the terrible breakup. Seeing him that way made D.O heart ache every time. Whenever Chanyeol would cry alone in his room, D.O would sit silently outside Chanyeol's bedroom and cry with him. He didn't want Chanyeol to suffer alone. He only wanted to see the happy and care-free Chanyeol.

D.O thought it was a miracle when Chanyeol said he would give this romance thing a shot. He really did. His whole world lit up and his heart filled with happiness. Finally, D.O thought,  Finally, you've notice me Park Chanyeol. D.O imagined all the dates, all the fun things they will do, all the memories they'll make, but most of all, the kisses that they'll share.

But all of that was ruined when Baekhyun showed up at the doorstep.

D.O thought this was a cruel joke that God placed on him. Why? After 2 years, why does he have to come back? D.O had tried so hard to the point that he could have the man of his dreams. Why? What kind of joke is this?

D.O felt his tears roll down his cheeks. He wiped it away but it wouldn't stop.

What hurted  him the most was how Chanyeol lied to him. When he asked D.O to make the soup for him, D.O was so happy. He felt like a housewife that took care of the husband. He could make soup in less than 5 minutes but because he was making it for Chanyeol, he carefully cut and made everything perfect so that Chanyeol would be happy. He took his time decorating so Chanyeol would find it appetizing. He was really proud when Chanyeol told him it was delicious but it quickly faded away when Chanyeol said he wanted to eat it in his room. It was very suspicious but D.O didn't put much thought into it. He was shocked to find out that   Chanyeol gave it to Baekhyun. D.O wasn't selfish. If Chanyeol told him that Baekhyun was sick then D.O would gladly cook and even take care of Baekhyun for him. But instead, Chanyeol lied to his face. Chanyeol stayed up all night to take care of Baekhyun. D.O could see the bags under his eyes the next day and how he would be constantly looking at Baekhyun. That's the part that hurted D.O. Why? It's because of the way Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. He knew that look too well because D.O also looked at Chanyeol that way. Love.

A loud knock on his door startled him. He quickly wiped away his tears and went to open it. It was Suho.

"I called your name 5 times. Everyone is already in the living room," Suho sounded urgent.

"I'm sorry, I had my headphones on," D.O lied.

"Okay, something happened down in the studio and all of us have to come and check. Baekhyun will return from the interview soon and he hates being home alone so I told Chanyeol to stay back. You too," Suho tried to fill D.O in with the information.

"Wait me? Why me? Only Chanyeol staying back is fine right?" D.O couldn't be alone with Chanyeol right now. And definitely not Baekhyun.

"You're staying," Suho's voice was no longer sweet. It came out as a demand. D.O knew better than to start arguing with him.

All the members left. D.O decided to stay put in his room, not wanting to talk to Chanyeol. He locked the door and went to his bed, opening the book. Again.

A soft knock on the door and the sound of feet shuffling caught D.O's attention.

"Kyungsoo-ah, I'm going to the grocery store. Wanna come?" Chanyeol's low voice came from the outside. D.O's heart raced at the sound of his voice.

"No, you can go without me," D.O continued to read his book.

"Please?" Chanyeol was pleading. Without looking, D.O already knew Chanyeol was pouting and making that puppy face again. He sighed and put down his book. He quickly pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and opened the door.

Chanyeol stood like a tower over him. He was wearing sweatpants and a blue t-shirt over it. He had on a black cap. He smiled brightly when he saw D.O. It was hard to keep a straight face when Chanyeol's smile was to melt for.

D.O didn't smile back.

"Shall we go?" Chanyeol put out his right hand. D.O's heart skipped. Is  this really happening? Holding hands with Chanyeol? This was what D.O had been dreaming for.

But instead, he just gave Chanyeol a dirty look. "Do you seriously think we can hold hands in public? News reporters are everywhere you know," D.O's voice was cold. Chanyeol reluctantly pulled back his hand and they started to walk to the grocery store, which was 2 blocks away. Both of them were silent the whole time.

After buying what they needed, they started to head home. Chanyeol looked like he wanted to say something. D.O felt bad for behaving this way. But he was hurt and no one could blame him.

"Uh.." Chanyeol finally spoke, "Okay. Look. I don't know what I did wrong but it's unbearable to see you like this. This is not you. This is not my Kyungsoo," Chanyeol stopped walking.

This is not my Kyungsoo? D.O wanted to laugh. 

"Everyone have a reason to be angry Chanyeol. And I'm not angry at you. I'm just disappointed in myself," D.O is walking ahead of Chanyeol.

"Why? Is it about Baekhyun?" Chanyeol picked up the pace to keep up with D.O

"No.." D.O's voice sounded far away,"I'm just..."

"How many times have I told you that I don't have feelings for Baekhyun anymore?" Chanyeol raised his voice.

"Yes. You've told me many times Chanyeol but actions speak louder than words. You still love him." A knife stabbed at his heart when he let out that sentence.

"Do Kyungsoo. I don't love him. He is no longer the Byun Baekhyun from 2 years ago. He changed," Chanyeol's face scrunched up," And besides, why are you doubting my feelings? Do you think I treated this whole romance thing as a joke?" Chanyeol's eyes turned red.

"Yes Park Chanyeol. You treated this whole thing as a joke. It was only me! I was such a fool to believe that you actually LOVE me! You said you don't love him but the way you look at him tells a different story. You said he have changed but deep down, you're still looking for the old Byun Baekhyun. You're still looking for him and you wanted to love him! Don't fool me Park Chanyeol because I love you enough to know that you don't like me the way you like him!" D.O tears were streaming down his face. Chanyeol was very angry right now. His whole face turned red and his hands were shaking. He walked hastily towards the house. He opened the door and slammed it really hard. D.O followed him inside. His tears wouldn't stop no matter how much he tried to hold it in. Chanyeol walked into the kitchen and threw the grocery bags on the table. 

"So you want me to prove it to you?" Chanyeol looked at him.

"Prove wh-?" D.O asked

Before he could say anything. Chanyeol grabbed his wrist and slammed him against the counter. D.O gasped at the sudden action. The next thing he knew, Chanyeol closed his eyes and pressed his lips against his own.