Chanyeol- Depression

I Only Have You

Chanyeol sat on the swing. His hands were clenched into a fist. His heart was in so much pain and he felt like he couldn't breathe. He slowly lowered his head and put it on top of his palms. 

D.O. just said that he was giving up on Chanyeol. Do Kyungsoo had finally walked away. Chanyeol bit his lips.

Chanyeol leaned back and all the memories rushed back to him. He remembered how D.O. was smiling brightly and looked at Chanyeol with so much love in his eyes. He remembered all the nights that he woke up from nightmares and found D.O. always there to comfort him. He remembered the day D.O confessed to him. He remembered how D.O.'s hands were trembling as he clung onto Chanyeol when Baekhyun suddenly appeared. He remembered how excited D.O. was when Chanyeol asked D.O. to cook for him. Chanyeol remembered it all. A tear made it half way down his cheeks and Chanyeol wiped it away. Do Kyungsoo, did I hurt you? Do Kyungsoo-ah, please. Please don't leave me.

Chanyeol knew this feeling way too well. He was being thrown away. Again. Just like 2 years ago. Everyone was giving up on him. 

Chanyeol let out a dry chuckle. What did I do wrong? Chanyeol's tears continued to fall and his heart kept getting heavier and heavier.

But Chanyeol knew why D.O. was doing this. As much as Chanyeol tried to deny it, he still had feelings toward Baekhyun. Seeing Baekhyun stirred up Chanyeol's emotions. Baekhyun was so fragile that Chanyeol felt like if he didn't protect him, Baekhyun would slip away. Chanyeol's heart hadn't let go of Baekhyun yet. A big part of his heart had moved on and wanted to start a new love with D.O. but there was still a really tiny piece that was reserved only for Baekhyun. But Baekhyun kept on lying to him. When Chanyeol was frustrated, he often lashed out his anger on D.O.

 Maybe that's why he left you Park Chanyeol. You're so stupid Park Chanyeol. Not only did you hurt Baekhyun, but now you're hurting Kyungsoo too? Park Chanyeol, what are you doing? You should just kill yourself. Chanyeol began to sob.

A soft rustle sounded as someone settled on the swing next to him.

Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was wearing black sweatpants that were too big for him. He had on a teal sweater with a gray jacket over it. He awkwardly swung the swing back and forth.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and anger began to bubble inside of him. When they first started dating 2 years ago, Chanyeol was the happiest person in the whole world. Everyday he would wake up and Baekhyun would be there by his side. He loved all the good morning kisses from Baekhyun and all the gentle touches from him. He missed the feelings he got whenever Baekhyun placed a kiss on his lips and how his small, delicate hands would fit perfectly into Chanyeol's big ones. He loved Baekhyun's loud side as well as his shy one. He loved how Baekhyun couldn't express his love openly. He loved everything about Byun Baekhyun. Everything.

Until he suddenly broke up with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol's world seemed to come to an end. When Baekhyun left EXO for 2 years, Chanyeol would find himself waking up each morning to find an empty bed next to him. He had always wished for Baekhyun to come back. He waited at the door day after day. He remembered sleeping on the sofa in the living room, waiting for Baekhyun to walk through the door and embrace him. But he waited and waited but no one ever came.

2 years had passed. Chanyeol's feelings had faded. Just a tiny bit. He found himself starting to pick up his feet and move on to start a new love with D.O., a sweet and caring D.O. The boy that loved Chanyeol despite everything that had happened. The boy that had always been there for him, never letting go of his hands. It was because of D.O. that Chanyeol was able to stand up and start over again. 

But now, even D.O. was giving up on Chanyeol.

It was all because of Byun Baekhyun.

It was all his fault.

"Chanyeol-ah.." Baekhyun finally started to speak up.

"Why did you come back?" Chanyeol's voice sounded empty.

"I...." Baekhyun tried to let out what he wanted to say but he held back. This makes Chanyeol even angrier.

"You left me. I was in pain. I was suffering. There are times when I feel like dying. I was hurt, did you know that Byun Baekhyun? You said you love me yet you threw me away after you were bored with me. You left without saying anything. Even now, I still don't know the reason why you broke up with me! You left me Byun Baekhyun and when I finally found someone else, someone who loves me, and you come back and destroy everything!" Chanyeol stood up and grabbed Baekhyun's shoulders. He gripped Baekhyun's shoulders as Baekhyun's face scrunched up in pain when he felt Chanyeol's fingers digging deep into his skin.

"Chanyeol-ah. I'm sorry", Baekhyun slowly put his small hand on Chanyeol's cheeks and wiped Chanyeol's tears away. Baekhyun's tears were b at the corner of his eyes.

"Baekhyun, do you know how many times you've said, "I'm sorry"? Don't say sorry when you don't mean it Baekhyun. Ever since you returned, you kept on lying. You think I don't notice? I know you. I know you very well Baekhyun. I know you very well because I ...." Chanyeol began to sob. Baekhyun hugged him.

"I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you style your hair. I hate it when you look at me with that puppy eyes. I hate your  big dumb clothes that don't fit you and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick. I hate it. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you suddenly leave me for 2 years, and the fact that you didn't contact me. But mostly I hate the way that I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." Chanyeol cry into Baekhyun's chest, his hands gripped at Baekhyun's sweater. He was hurting so much. He had been holding his tears back but now that he let it all out, he couldn't stop. Chanyeol felt Baekhyun's body shake. Baekhyun was crying as well.

"Chanyeol-ah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Baekhyun kept repeating over and over between his sobs as he gently Chanyeol's hair.

After 5 minutes, they both sat on the swings. Chanyeol was exhausted after all the energy he just gave out. He looked over at Baekhyun. Baekhyun's face was red. His eyes are swollen. 

"Baekhyun, can you tell me the reason why we broke up?" Chanyeol asked after a while.

Baekhyun only smiled softly, "I wish I could but my heart won't allow me to."

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" Chanyeol's voice was barely above a whisper. He sounded like he was hurting.

Baekhyun walked over to him and looked at Chanyeol. Baek sat down so he could be face to face with him. He placed his small hand on top of Chanyeol's, "It's not you Chanyeol-ah. It's me. You didn't do anything wrong. Not even one bit. You are perfect. You are more than what I deserved Chanyeol.." Baekhyun's voice broke.

"That's what they always say," Chanyeol twitched. 

"No, I do mean it Chanyeol, from the bottom of my heart," Baekhyun looked at him with a sincere looked.

"But why can't you tell me? Why? I need to know! Why did you leave?" Chanyeol stood up abruptly and it startled Baekhyun a bit. Chanyeol was angry and frustrated. Why can't Baekhyun just tell him the truth? Why?

"I can't Chanyeol-ah. I wish I could but I can't" Baekhyun slowly stood up.

"Is it because of Taeyeon? You left me because you love her don't you? Because a same- relationship is too much for you isn't it?!" Chanyeol was yelling. He felt hurt and betrayed.

"No Chanyeol-ah! I don't love Taeyeon. It's not what you think!" Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's hand but Chanyeol slapped his hand away.

"Just say it. Don't beat around the bush. I know that you don't love me. I wonder if you were pretending to love me during our relationship. Just say that you don't love me! At least give me a reason! At least give me something!" Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's collar.

Baekhyun's tears slid down his face. He cupped his hand on Chanyeol's face and pulled Chanyeol down. He pressed his lips against Chanyeol's.

Chanyeol was caught by surprise at Baekhyun's sudden action. He was about to resist when suddenly, he tasted Baekhyun's tears. Baekhyun's lips were trembling. Chanyeol slowly put his right hand on the back of Baekhyun's head and the other one holding his waist. Baekhyun's lips were still as soft as before. Chanyeol's heart ached as the memories came back to him. He missed Baekhyun so much. Never once did he stop caring about Baekhyun. He still loves him. He still loves Byun Baekhyun.

Baekhyun pulled away. He looked at Chanyeol. He had a painful expression on his face.

"Chanyeol-ah. I wish I could tell you the reason but I can't. I don't want to hurt you. I'm sorry." Baekhyun said as he his heels and ran back toward the house.

Chanyeol stood there and watched Baekhyun disappear around the corner.