Baekhyun- New Start

I Only Have You

Baekhyun was in the middle of packing his clothes when strong hands were placed on his shoulders and pulled him back with great force.

Chanyeol's pupils were dilated. His hands were trembling. Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead.

Baekhyun knew what Chanyeol was thinking. He must've thought that Baekhyun was about to leave again. Baekhyun smiled sadly and squeezed Chanyeol's hand gently. Then his smile faded. 

"Wh-what a-are you doing? Wh-why are you packing up?" Chanyeol's hands gripped firmly on Baekhyun's arms as if he was afraid that if he let go, Baekhyun will disappear.

This caused Baekhyun heart to ache.

"Relax, I'm not going anywhere," Baekhyun touches Chanyeol's cheeks tenderly.

"Then why-" 

"He is going to be my roommate from now on," a voice interrupt Chanyeol's sentence. Chanyeol turned his head and D.O was looking directly at him.

"What?? Wait, why? Ho-" Chanyeol was beyond confused now. All of a sudden, Chen appeared in the doorway. He clumsily dragged his suitcase into the room. He hasn't even finish packing his clothes yet and it spilled everywhere on the floor.

"I'll be your roommate starting today," Chen smiled and immediately jumped on the bed. Baekhyun's bed.

Chanyeol was too shocked for words. Baekhyun placed a hand on his shoulders. He looked at Chanyeol with sadness in is eyes. Then he leaned down, picked up his suitcase, and headed over to D.O's room.

"You should get some rest Chanyeol-ah," D.O spoke, " And don't think about what happened today. Everything has a reason and I don't want you to start overthinking. And please, don't blame yourself for what happened," D.O gave him a guilty look and retrieved back to his room.

Baekhyun was putting his clothes in the closet. He looked up when he saw D.O enter the room. D.O smiled at him.

 

When Baekhyun got out of the shower, Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen. He went over to D.O's room, hoping to find Chanyeol there but he wasn't. Baekhyun panicked because he knew D.O and Chanyeol were kinda a thing now. He was afraid that D.O might say something to Chanyeol. He paced around in front of D.O's room and finally, D.O was home. The small boy was bleeding with scrapes on his knees. His whole face was swollen. Tears were streaming down his face as he broke into sobs as soon as he saw Baekhyun.

D.O told Baekhyun about what happened. He told Baekhyun about the first time he fell in love with Chanyeol. How glad he was that Baekhyun was gone. How he confessed to Chanyeol. How he felt so guilty after knowing about Baekhyun's sickness. How he decided to give up on Chanyeol.

Baekhyun listened and felt his heart shattering into a million pieces. D.O shouldn't have to do something like this. D.O is such a perfect person for Chanyeol. Chanyeol deserved all the happiness in the world, even if it meant that D.O being the reason for it. I know it'll hurt me but seeing Chanyeol happy makes me happy as well. 

But I ruined it.

I ruined it for both Chanyeol and D.O

Baekhyun cursed himself for it.

Then D.O offered to take care of Baekhyun. D.O said he was willing to cook, take care, and support Baekhyun since Taeyeon couldn't be here to take care of Baekhyun all the time.

Baekhyun teared up. Someone who is willing to share the burden with him is very hard to find. Baekhyun was glad it was D.O.

 

"Earth to Baekhyun," D.O waved a hand in front of Baekhyun.

"Ah, I'm sorry," Baekhyun looked at D.O.

"Where did you go? I got out of the shower and didn't see you" D.O helped Baekhyun unpack his clothes.

"I was in the backyard," Baekhyun lied. He doesn't want to tell D.O that he went to see Chanyeol. And that he kissed Chanyeol.

"Don't go outside this hour. It's cold," D.O quickly went to get a blanket and wrapped it around Baekhyun's shoulders.

"Yeah, I won't do that again. By the way, what did you tell Chen to get him to agree to move?" Baekhyun playfully punched D.O's shoulder.

"Oh you'll like this," D.O laughed, " I said it'll be easier for him to be near Xiumin since Xiumin's room was right across from Chanyeol's room. And of course, Chen agreed without me saying another word." D.O laughed even harder.

"No way? Those two have been so obvious lately. They should just confess to each other already," Baekhyun managed to let out a small laugh when all of a sudden, he started coughing. D.O patted his back but it didn't help. Baekhyun quickly stood up and ran to the bathroom and shut the door. He leaned over the sink and blood splattered everywhere. He tried to breathe and hold back the urge to cough but he couldn't.

A loud gasp. Baekhyun turned around and found D.O's eyes wide open. Crap, I didn't lock the door.

"Baekhyun! Oh My Goodness! Baekhyun..." D.O pulled him into a hug and cried. Baekhyun hugged D.O back and his reflection in the mirror caught his attention.

Blood was smeared all over his face. Some of droplets were caught in his hair. His eyes are red. His hands are covered with a red color. He looked like a monster. He nearly threw up at the sight of his reflection. No wonder D.O freaked out. Baekhyun closed his eyes and tears slid down his face.

"Baekhyun-ah. This is horrible. This is just too horrible." D.O wiped the blood that was sliding down Baekhyun's chin.

Baekhyun didn't say anything. He silently went to the sink and washed his face. D.O brought him a change of clothes since the one he was wearing was covered with blood.

Baekhyun was tired so D.O told him to go to sleep. D.O unpacked the rest of Baekhyun's clothes.

D.O turned off the light and they both went to sleep.

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun! Oh my Gosh! No!" 

Someone is shaking him violently. Baekhyun groaned and opened his eyes. 

D.O stared at him with fear visibly displayed on his face.

"Hmm? What happened?" Baekhyun struggles to let out the words. His throat felt like it's on fire. It's hurting so much. The pain is worse than the ones he experiences before the chemotherapy treatment.

"Baekhyun y-your h-hair," D.O shakily pointed a finger at Baekhyun's bed.

Baekhyun sits up and looked around him.

His bed is covered with a ridiculously large amount of hair. He quickly placed a hand over his head and he felt the soft skin brushed against his fingertips.

No. This can't be happening.

He looked over at the mirror on his right.

Nealy all the hair on the right side of his head is gone, leaving only a few strings. 

His throat is swollen. The place where the needle was inserted for the chemotherapy treatment is growing into an angry red color. Tiny droplets of blood slowly poured out from it.