Chanyeol- Disbelief

I Only Have You

Chanyeol stood there like a log. His eyes widened. He could feel his body shaking and his breath getting heavy. He felt his tears wanting to fall out.

Why the hell is Baekhyun here?

Baekhyun stood at the door. He seemed nervous. He kept shuffling his legs and avoiding eye-contact with Chanyeol. His blonde hair had been replaced with a jet black color and fell softly against his cheeks. He wore an oversized white button-down over black skinny jeans. He carried a brown leather suitcase in his right hand. The same suitcase that he took with him 2 years ago when he left Chanyeol. Chanyeol felt sick.

"Who is it Chanyeol?" Suho's voice broke the silence.

Baekhyun's shoulders tensed up. Chanyeol grabbed his arms and pulled him inside. He dragged Baekhyun to the living room and threw the small boy against the sofa with a loud thud.

"What the hell?" Chen stood up, his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

"Holy , are you for real?" Lay shouted. There was anger in his voice.

Baekhyun slowly sat up. He straightened his shirt and swept back his hair. He was silent. Baekhyun looked at the members.

No one spoke. All the members looked at Baekhyun accusingly. Chanyeol didn't blame them. Baekhyun suddenly left EXO and now he's back after 2 years. There has to be a reason.

"Where have you been?" Kai spoke after a long awkward silence.

"I've been...busy," Baekhyun answered, showing Kai a genuine smile.

"Busy? Busy doing what? You left us without saying a word and your reason is that you're busy? Come on Baek, we're not little kids," Chen threw his hands up in the air and shook his head. He couldn't contain his anger anymore. 

Baekhyun just sat there. He didn't answer. He lowered his head.

"Can you tell us why you left Baek?" Suho's voice was reassuring. He looked at Baekhyun expectantly.

"I.... My family was having a hard time so I had to return to Bucheon. I didn't want to tell you guys because of the tight schedule that we had. I didn't want my problem to be a burden on you guys... So I left... I thought I would leave for only a few months but the stuff back home got really complicated so I couldn't return early.." Baekhyun spoke, wiping tears with his hand. The tension in the room softened. Suho went over and wrapped Baekhyun into a hug. Since he was the leader, he needed to accept Baekhyun so that the other members wouldn't resent him; he was their role model. Kai and Sehun followed what mama Suho did because they were the maknaes. Suho mumbled that EXO is a family and Baekhyun didn't need to face the problems alone.

Chanyeol couldn't believe this. "Why the hell are they so accepting after everything he had done?" Chanyeol thought. Lay, Chen, and Xiumin shared the same thought with Chanyeol. The three of them stood up and went to their rooms, glaring at Baek along the way. There's no way they would let Baekhyun get away with his lame excuse of having a family problem.

Chanyeol went to the kitchen. He shook his head in disbelief. Chanyeol knew Baekhyun better than anyone else in EXO. Chanyeol could see Baekhyun's pupils dilated and he kept fumbling with his hands while he was talking. He could tell Baekhyun was lying.

"But why? Why did he have to lie?" The picture of Baek kissing Taeyeon flashed in his memory. "Was that why? Was he trying to cover up his affair with Taeyeon? Did she dump him? Maybe that's why he came back." Chanyeol slammed his fist against the table.

A small hand touched his back. Chanyeol turned around and was surprised to see Kyungsoo, who looked really concerned. He thought Kyungsoo went to bed right after Chanyeol woke him up and went to go open the door. The boy looked like he was about to burst into tears. He was breathing heavily. He hugged Chanyeol.

"Baekhyun is back," Kyungsoo mumbled.

"Yeah," Chanyeol patted his head.

"You're going to come back to him aren't you? You're not going to give me a chance right?" Kyungsoo tears were coming, " I tried so hard! I finally got my feelings across and now he's back",  Kyungsoo hit his fist against Chanyeol's chest.

"I didn't say that. I told you I was going give this romance thing a shot remember? And I swear I won't come back to Baekhyun. Everything is in the past now," Chanyeol hugged Kyungsoo, trying to reassure him. 

A coughed interrupt their moment. Suho look from D.O to Chanyeol, sensing that something had happened between the two. Baekhyun was standing behind him, his eyes wide. He dropped his suitcase and clumsily bent down to pick it up. He didn't look at Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol, aren't you the only one who doesn't have a roommate?" Suho asked.

"Yeah, after he left, I have no roommate," Chanyeol said accusingly, looking at Baekhyun.

"Well since Baek returned, he will be your roommate from now on," Suho clapped his hands together.

"Wait what? What if I don't want to be his roommate?", Chanyeol looked at Suho in disbelief. Suho should know how much suffering Chanyeol went through after the breakup of him and Baekhyun. Now Suho is forcing him to accept Baekhyun? What is this?

"Chanyeol, don't be so rude," Suho gave him a warning look, "for the time being, he will be your roommate. He's the closest to you and he was your roommate before he left so it'll be easier for all of us," Suho sounded resigned. 

"Fine fine," Chanyeol scowled. Suho said goodnight to them and went to his room. Kyungsoo squeezed Chanyeol's hand and left without saying goodnight. He looked at Baek before lowering his eyes and went back to his room.

Chanyeol was standing alone with Baekhyun.

Chanyeol took a good look at Baek. He seemed to have lost a lot of weight. Baek always had a small frame, that's why he always kept a balanced diet. Now he looked like a walking skeleton. His arms were so thin and he looked so fragile. There was a purple bruise at his neck, near his vocal cord. What is that? It surely doesn't look like a bug bite. Baekhyun put his hand on Chanyeol's arms. He flinched and slapped Baekhyun's hand away. Chanyeol didn't mean to do that; he was just startled by Baek's touch. Baekhyun just lowered his head. He turned around and started walking toward their room. Chanyeol's room.

Chanyeol followed Baek. The bed that Baek slept on before he left was still there looking clean and new, as if it waiting for him. Baek slowly opened the closet. Chanyeol's clothes were on the left side. He didn't put any of his clothes on the right side of the closet; it was where Baekhyun usually put his clothes. Baekhyun unpacked his suitcase and start putting his clothes into the empty closet. Chanyeol went to the bathroom to take a shower. When he returned, Baek had finished unpacking everything. He also changed into his pajamas.

They didn't speak to each other. It felt so weird. Chanyeol still thought this was a dream. Baekhyun was here, in his room, but somehow it wasn't the same anymore. Before, they would joke around and stay up all night to talk. Now, they can't even look at each other. The memories jabbed at Chanyeol's heart.

"Chan-" Baek opened his mouth.

"Don't talk to me!" Chanyeol scoffed. He didn't want to hear what Baekhyun had to say. He was probably going to apologize for what he did but Chanyeol didn't want to hear it.

"I was just-" Baekhyun tried to speak again.

"What did I tell you? Don't talk to me!" Chanyeol went to his bed and pull the blanket over his head. No, he didn't want to hear anything. Not yet. He wasn't ready.

Chanyeol closed his eyes and pretended to sleep. After 5 minutes of silence, he heard Baekhyun let out a heavy sighed. Then the light turned off.