Baekhyun

I Only Have You

Baekhyun slowly picks up the strand of hair that was lying on his bed with a trembling hand. He felt the tears threatening to fall out. 

No. This can't be happening.

I'm not ready yet.

A trail of blood slides down his chin. His white shirt is covered with dried up blood. He quickly tries to wipe the blood away but his throat hurts like crazy whenever his fingers brushed against it. 

D.O went to get some tissue and clumsily tried to wipe the blood off of Baekhyun's wound. He jerks his hands back whenever Baekhyun hissed in pain because D.O was a little too rough. D.O went back and tries to carefully dabbed the blood off of Baekhyun's throat. Baekhyun's shoulders tense up and bit his lips to endure the pain.

"D.O, called Taeyeon. Quic-," Baekhyun coughed. His eyes watered because the pain was unbearable.

D.O nodded and picked up Baekhyun's phone with shaky hands. He quickly dialed Taeyeon's number. 

"Hello?" Taeyeon answered right after the first ring.

"Taeyeon? It's D.O. Baekhyun needs your help. Something is wrong," D.O speak rapidly. There was fear in his voice.

"What happened?" Taeyeon's voice was alarmed.

"I don't know. Half of his head is completely bald. Blood are spilling out from his throat. Taeyeon, I don't know what to do! I don't want anything to happened to him!" D.O broke into sobs.

"Calm down D.O," Taeyeon's voice was soft, "I can't come to EXO's house because I don't want to raise any suspicions. Can you and Baekhyun and take a cab to my house?" 

"Okay, I will take him there," D.O went over to Baekhyun and patted his back to calmed down his coughing.

"I'll see you then," Taeyeon hung up. Baekhyun tries to stand up to change clothes but his legs wobbled underneath him, causing him to lose his balance. D.O quickly ran over and help Baekhyun stand up. He helps Baekhyun put on a jacket and a beanie over his head to cover the baldness. He then grabbed Baekhyun's hand and help him walk down the stairs.

Baekhyun struggles to follow D.O. He suppressed the urge to cough by biting his bottom lip. All of a sudden, D.O stopped walking and Baekhyun's face make a hard contact against D.O's back.

D.O pushes Baekhyun into the corner and when Baekhyun gave him a confused look, D.O just place a finger over his lips.

"D.O, what are you doing here? It's 4 in the morning," the voice belongs to Chanyeol. Baekhyun hitched his breath.

"Oh, I'm.. I.." D, O shuffles his feet. D.O never tell lies and he has a hard time trying to come up with an excuse.

"You are what?". Baekhyun can see Chanyeol's shadow getting closer and closer.

"I'm going to get some water, that's all. Don't worry about me. Go back to your room," D.O pushes Chanyeol away, preventing him from getting any closer.

Baekhyun heard Chanyeol let out a sigh, " D.O-ah. I just care about you, that's all."

Baekhyun heart dropped.

D.O glance at Baekhyun guiltily. Baekhyun gave him a small smile. He nodded his head like he's not affected but in reality, he is dying inside.

"Chanyeol- ah. I'm kinda in a hurr-" D.O looked back at Chanyeol.

"Look, I said that I am willing to give this romance thing a shot remember? Even though you said that you're giving me up on me, I won't give up on you. Not until I know I've given it my best shot," Chanyeol's voice sounded hurt.

Baekhyun tears are forming. He quickly wipes it. He wanted this after all. Chanyeol is finally moving on. He finally found his happiness.

So why does it hurt so much?

"Chanyeol-ah, you don't love me. You're being tricked. Because you're desperately trying to forget about Baekhyun, that's why you thought that I may actually be the one for you. I know you reserved a place in your heart that only belongs to Baekhyun and I would be a coward to take it away. After all, it's the only thing that Baekhyun have left," D.O wipes the tears from his face.

"What do you mean? The only thing that Baekhyun have left? What are you saying?" Chanyeol was confused," But yes, I do love Baekhyun but he doesn't love me. Not even one bit. How do you expect me to come back to the person who betrayed me to be with someone else?". Chanyeol's voice cracked.

His words cut Baekhyun like a knife.

"Can we talk about this later?" D.O said resignedly.

"I mean-" Chanyeol started to speak.

"Later," D.O's voice was intimidating so Chanyeol just nodded his head and went back to his room. 

D.O turned his head and find Baekhyun face covered with tears. He looked at Baekhyun sadly because he knew that Baekhyun heard everything.

"I'm sorry D.O. If I didn't come back, you and Chanyeol would've been dating now," Baekhyun cry," I'm sorry. I'm sorry".

D.O didn't say anything. He just squeezes Baekhyun's hand gently and they both walked out of the house. The sudden coldness startle Baekhyun and he couldn't suppress his cough anymore. Blood spills everywhere on the pavement. Baekhyun felt like he will pass out any minute.

A cab arrived and quickly deliver D.O and Baekhyun to Taeyeon's house. Taeyeon was shocked when she saw Baekhyun and she keeps blaming herself for what happened to him. She was already dressed and hurriedly drove Baekhyun to the private hospital where he got his treatment. D.O tagged along.

They arrived at the hospital. After checking in, they waited in the waiting room. This is when Taeyeon asked D.O about what happened. D.O explained everything to her since Baekhyun couldn't talk.

Baekhyun's doctor, Dr. Kim, finally called for his name. Judging by the look on Dr. Kim's face, Baekhyun knew whatever it is, it must be pretty bad. The doctor quickly examines him and make him do several tests and labs.

The three of them were dead-tired after all the labs they have to go to. D.O stood up and went to buy drinks for him and Taeyeon. Baekhyun couldn't drink anything besides water because he still has to do the blood test. The thought frightened him because he is afraid of needles. 

Right after D.O got back, the nurse called Baekhyun's name and did his blood test. His face was completely pale after it was over. Taeyeon gave him an encouraging look and told him that she's proud of him.

They waited for 3 hours and suddenly, Dr. Kim called them into the room with an urgent voice. The three of them quickly went into the room and sit directly across from Dr. Kim.

Dr. Kim paced around the room.

"I got your blood test as well as the scans and labs," he started to speak after a while.

"What's going on with him? What's going on with our Baekhyun?" D.O asked rapidly.

Dr. Kim sigh. He takes a look at Baekhyun. Then he puts his hands over his eyes.

"Baekhyun. Your cancer is spreading. Something triggers it. You're now on the fourth stage of cancer," Dr.Lee finally let out the words.

Baekhyun's heart did a flipped. His stomach churn. His head feels dizzy. Suddenly, the world seems to be enclosing on him. He couldn't breathe. Couldn't see. Couldn't do anything. It's suffocating.

Baekhyun felt D.O grabbing his hand tightly and he looks like he is about to pass out. Taeyeon had a hand over , droplets of tears are forming at the corner of her eyes.

" You must've done something that triggers it. Did you perhaps," Dr. Kim looked at Baekhyun with his brows furrowed together, " Did you overuse your voice to sing?"

"I.." Baekhyun let out a shaky voice.

"He didn't sing that much. Right Baekhyun?" D.O look over to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun bit his lips. He did, in fact, overuse his voice. He often practices singing alone so he can improve. He practices "Sing For You" whenever he is by himself or when no one is home. He did it every night for 2 hours the past month.

He shouldn't have done that.

He should've never done that.

"How much time do I have left?" Baekhyun asked softly. He doesn't want to hear it. He doesn't want to know it.

Dr. Kim scratched his head. He seems to be loss for words. He opened his mouth then quickly closed it again.

Baekhyun, Taeyeon, and D.O waited in silent.

"2 weeks," Dr. Kim finally said, " you have only 2 more weeks."

Tears are spilling out of Baekhyun's eyes. It streams down his face. His heart clenched, sending a wave of coldness down his legs. His throat clogged up. He wanted to screams. He feels like he is falling and no one was there to catch him. 

"C-can w-we do som-something about it? Is there any treatment?" Taeyeon stuttered. Her hands are shaking violently.

Dr. Kim just shook his head.

"What do you mean there is nothing? Are you kidding me? How about Chemotherapy treatment? Will that help him?" Taeyeon is standing up and clutching Dr. Kim's shoulders, shaking him violently while tears make it way down her pretty face," Please! Please! Help him!". Taeyeon sobs.

D.O was crying as well.

"We can do Chemotherapy Treatment but it'll only let him live for the maximum of 5 weeks," Dr. Kim said.

"Then can we do that? Can we-" Taeyeon said rapidly.

"No," Baekhyun cut her off," if my times have come then let it be. Please," Baekhyun cry.

"But Baek-" Taeyeon said.

"No! I said my times have come! Don't try to fix it Taeyeon! I am going to die! I will die sooner or later anyway so don't try to play against fate! Please!" Baekhyun raised his voice and the action makes his throat hurts like hell. He started coughing again and Dr. Kim immediately laid him down and let him drink the medicine that was specially made for him.

"I want to go home," Baekhyun mumbles.

Taeyeon and D.O look at Dr. Kim for approval. They started gathering their things when Dr. Kim nodded his head. Baekhyun stood still.

Taeyeon and D.O help Baekhyun walks towards the car. None of them said anything on the way. Finally, Taeyeon dropped them off in front of their house.

D.O politely said goodbye and help Baekhyun walk towards his bedroom. The members are already leaving to the practice room. Baekhyun and D.O are alone. D.O slowly walk Baekhyun up the stairs and help him laid down on the bed.

"Baekhyun-ah," D.O grabbed Baekhyun's delicate hands and gave it a squeeze.

"I want to be alone," Baekhyun wasn't staring at D.O. He seems to be in his own world. 

D.O got the message. With one last look at Baekhyun, D.O walked out of the room.