Baekhyun

I Only Have You

Baekhyun got up and slowly dragged himself out of bed. D.O is still sleeping peacefully on the bed next to his. Baekhyun smiles softly and headed towards the bathroom.

After taking a quick shower and brushed his teeth, Baekhyun went to the broken mirror that he smashed against 3 days ago. He gently picked up the black wig that D.O got for him and carefully put it over his head. He parted the bangs in the middle with his fingers and combed his hair. Baekhyun laughs. Do I even have hair anymore?

Baekhyun avoided looking at his reflection. All he sees is a monster. A monster who is slowly taking his life away from him. 

Only 4 days left. 

Only 4 days left until I'm gone forever.

Baekhyun looked out the window. He sighs heavily.

I think it's time for me to tell Chanyeol.

About everything.

Baekhyun heard D.O turning in his sleep. Baekhyun walked over to him and sat on his bed. Poor D.O, ever since he offered to help Baekhyun, not a day went by was he not exhausted. Baekhyun felt a pang of guilt swept over him. D.O shouldn't have to do this. I dragged him into this mess.

Baekhyun pulled D.O's blanket up to cover his chest. D.O groaned slightly but didn't open his eyes. With one quick look at his friend, Baekhyun walked out of the room.

Baekhyun slowly makes his way towards Chanyeol's bedroom. He felt nauseous.

I don't want to tell him yet.

But if I don't, then how will I be able to tell him the truth?

Baekhyun gathered up all of his courage and knocked on Chanyeol bedroom's door. Nothing. Baekhyun shifts his legs. Sweat are forming on his forehead. His mouth felt dry. He knocked again. Softly.

Loud noises and grunts can be heard from the other side of the door. Feet stomping are getting nearer. Baekhyun wants to run away but the door swings open. Chen stood in the hallway with nothing on except his boxers. He yawned and scratched his nose.

"Oh look who decided to come out of his bedroom after locking himself in there for a week!" Chen said sarcastically when he saw Baekhyun standing at the door.

"H-Hi" Baekhyun's voice was hoarse. He can barely talk.

"Whoa! What's wrong with your voice man? You sound dead. How are you going to sing at the concert today?" Chen's voice was filled with worries.

"We have a concert today?" Baekhyun let out an airy sound. Chen can barely make out what Baekhyun was saying.

"Yeah. Didn't D.O tells you?" Chen gently pulled Baekhyun inside and sat him down on the bed. Chanyeol's bed.

Oh, that's right. D.O did say something about the concert.

"Ah yeah. He did. I just didn't remember," Baekhyun laughs nervously. Chen looks at him like he has grown another head.

"Dude, are you seriously okay?" Chen sat down next to Baekhyun.

"I'm fine," Baekhyun said reassuringly.

"You don't sounds fine. Today will be your first returning concert and you can't perform like this," Chen said concerningly.

"I can always lip-sync," Baekhyun smiles.

"But-" 

"I'm fine," Baekhyun cut him off. He doesn't want to talk about this anymore.

"Alright. What are you doing here so early in the morning?" Chen asked.

"I.. uh.. Is Chanyeol here? I kinda need to talk to him about .. something," Baekhyun's eyes observed the room. Chanyeol's bed is neatly made, his closet is closed, his stuffed animals that he usually sleeps with are nowhere to be found.

Where is he?

"Chanyeol? He went to Busan 4 days ago. His mom is sick so he went to visit her. He will miss our concert today as well. I think he will return 2 days later. Probably a week, depending on how sick his mom is," Chen was surprised. Usually, Baekhyun is the first to know where Chanyeol is.

What? And he didn't even tell me about it? His mom is sick and he didn't tell me? He didn't even say goodbye.

But then, why would he? I'm the 'betrayer' after all.

"I-I see," Baekhyun stood up abruptly and went back to his room. D.O is awake and he is currently sitting on his bed, zoning out. His face lit up when saw Baekhyun.

"Baekhyunnie! You woke up early today!" D.O is fully awake now.  He ran over to Baekhyun and wrapped him in a hug.

"Yeah," Baekhyun smiles and put his head in the crook of D.O's neck.

"Ready for your big day?You'll get to perform again in front of the fans!" D.O said excitedly.

Baekhyun felt his heart getting heavy.

"It will be my last time performing," Baekhyun said softly. There was a hint of pain in D.O's eyes but D.O quickly looked away. He replaced it with a big smile. Baekhyun can't help but smile back.

"Taeyeon talked to our manager already. You'll lip sync today," D.O brushes the strand of hair that was caught in Baekhyun's eyelashes.

"D.O, why didn't you tell me that Chanyeol left?" Baekhyun asked him. 

D.O tensed.

"I forgot," D.O mumbles.

"And I was going to tell him the truth too," Baekhyun said to himself.

"I'm sorry?" D.O didn't hear what Baekhyun had just said.

"By the time he returns, I'll be dead already. I won't be abe to tell him anything," Baekhyun said sadly.

A pang of guilt swept over D.O.

"We'll go to Busan right after the concert. You'll be able to tell him everything then," D.O took Baekhyun's hands and squeezed it tight.

"You promised?" Baekhyun asked. Tears are blurring his vision.

"I promise," D.O reaches up and wipes Baekhyun's tears away.

 

 

 

 

Everyone gathered around the living room after breakfast to talk about their concert, which will be held in LOTTE WORLD at 5:00 pm today. Surprisingly, none of the members questions his sudden absent from them. Instead, they welcome and treat him like nothing ever happened, as if him being away, locking himself in the room for one week didn't happen at all whatsoever.

This makes Baekhyun happy.

"Alright everyone, today is the big day for all of us, especially Baekhyun since this will be his first returning performance," Suho said excitedly. Leader Suho, always so positive.

"Heck yeah!", all the members shouted and clapped. Some cheer while other whistles. The atmosphere is very lively.

"Okay everyone, calm down. Let's talk about the negative things that will happen first and how to deal with them," Suho hushed everyone.

"C'on Suho-hyung, nothing will happen. Don't ruin the mood," Chen whines.

"You can never be so sure," Suho put on his serious mode, "Ahem. As you might know, some fans will be delighted that Baekhyun has returned but there are other fans that won't accept it easily. There might be some anti-fans saying mean comments or throwing things at Baekhyun so make sure you guys protect him on stage. I'm not saying it'll happen because EXO-L are amazing but I'm just stating the worse situation possible," Suho gave a long speech in one breath.

"You say those things EVERY SINGLE TIME we have a concert so it's imprinted in our brain already," Sehun stick his tongue out at Suho. Kai gave him a warning look and telling him not to be rude to his hyung.

"Alright, we will go there right now and practicing on stage. We should go ahead and get rea- Oh wait, the van is here,"Suho  told the members to quickly get on the vans. As usual, Chen and Sehun are fighting over the passenger's seat and Suho told Chen to sit in the back because Sehun is the maknae. Chen sulks and went to sit with Xiumin. Kai only laughs at his childish yet adorable lover. Baekhyun went to sit at the very back. D.O followed him.

 

 

 

They soon arrived at LOTTE World. It was a long drive and Baekhyun felt his throat being constricted. He started to cough but he bit his hands to prevent making any sound. Blood covered his hand when he removed it from his mouth and he quickly ran to the bathroom and rinsed it off. He felt his wig slipped a little and he adjusted it.

All the members are practicing stage walking and dancing. They have to do this every concert because different places have a different stage. Some are big while others are extremely little. They have to practice in order to master the stage before fans come.

Baekhyun practice for half an hour before he got to tired and went backstage. He sat on the chair. His throat is burning. He doesn't think he will be able to dance and act goofy like the old Byun Baekhyun. He may disappoint the fans tonight because he isn't as lively as before. But he doesn't have any energy left anymore.

Baekhyun put a hand in his jacket and runs a finger across a pill bottle. He pulled it out. It was the bottle that Dr.Kim gave him for 'Emergency'. Reluctantly, Baekhyun gets 2 tablets and swallowed them both. The action burns his throat. 

"Are you alright?" D.O placed a hand on Baekhyun's back.

"I'm okay," Baekhyun smiles back at him.

I'm okay.

 

 

 

Baekhyun can hear the fans screaming outside. EXO members are getting ready backstage. Baekhyun sat on a chair as his stylist and makeup artist prepares him. His hair stylist was caught by surprised when he notices that Baekhyun is wearing a wig, but Baekhyun looked and him and slightly shake his head, telling him to keep it a secret. The stylist proceeds on without any further questions. His makeup artist is applying thick eyeliner with the smoky eye effect, the way Baekhyun likes it. 

Then they all lined up backstage, ready to come out.

"We are one. No matter what happen, we will always be there for each other," Suho said. He always says this before every performance.

"We are one," the members said in unison.

And the phrase means the world to Baekhyun.

This will be his last time hearing and saying "We are one."

 

 

 

The concert went on successfully. As Baekhyun expected, he grew tired after 2 performances and his dancing got slobby as the concert goes on. Kai notices it and purposely dance in front of Baekhyun, hiding Baekhyun in the back so no one would notices. Sehun would often dance around him, trying to cover his horribly off-timing dancing.

But on the bright side, the fans responses are very positive. All of them screamed when they saw Baekhyun and chanted his name for a good 5 minutes. Baekhyun was overwhelmed by the fans' love and he teared up on stage. 

Finally, their concert is over. As they say the last greetings to the fans, loud chanting came from the audience.

"WE WANT A SOLO FROM BAEKHYUN!" the sound came from the very back. Soon, thousands of fans joined in.

"WE WANT A SOLO FROM BAEKHYUN! WE WANT A SOLO FROM BAEKHYUN! WE WANT A SOLO FROM BAEKHYUN!"

Baekhyun felt like crying. The loves from the fans are overwhelming. 

Baekhyun quickly made the decision in his mind. He doesn't regret what he is about to do.

Not one bit.

Baekhyun slowly lifts up his microphone,"Alright everyone, I will give you guys a solo!" Baekhyun yelled into the microphone and he nearly coughed. He held back.

"BYUN BAEKHYUN! BYUN BAEKHYUN! BYUN BAEKHYUN!" the chanting echoes throughout the room. 

"Alright. I will sing a song that Chanyeol and I did together. It's expressing how I am feeling right now," Baekhyun said. 

The fans screamed and started chanting " CHANBAEK " over and over again.

All the members smile and steps away. Baekhyun was about to make his way towards the center of the stage when he felt a hand on his wrist, pulling him back.

D.O looked at him with wide eyes.

"Baekhyun. Don't do it. Please, I'm begging you. You can't sing!" D.O's voice trembles and his hands are shaking. Tears slide down his cheeks.

But Baekhyun only gave him a genuine smile. He slowly put his hand on D.O's trembling ones and gently brushed it off,"D.O-ah, this will be my last time performing. I want to sing one last time. All my life, I have devoted myself to singing. Please, let me do it." Baekhyun said softly.

"Baekhyun-ah" D.O cried.

"I'm fine," Baekhyun said one last time and his back. He slowly walked out. The fans started screaming again. Baekhyun approaches the piano that was already in the center of the stage. He sat down.

"Hello everyone~ I will sing the song "Love Song" for you guys today. As you may know, I did this song with Chanyeol 2 years ago. Please enjoy it even though Chanyeol is not here today," Baekhyun said shakily before started singing.

His fingers swiftly move across the piano. He slowly started to sing.

"I do believe all the love you give

All of the things you do."

Baekhyun's eyes watered. His memories with Chanyeol flashes before his eyes. He remembered them walking along the beach together when EXO was on a vacation. He remembered the first time he felt butterflies in his stomach when he heard Chanyeol's laugh. He remembered their first kiss.

"Love you. Love you.

I'll keep you safe, don't you worry,"

That's right Chanyeol-ah. I'll keep you safe. I won't hurt you. I'm sorry that I lied. I'm doing this for the both of us. I'll suffer alone because I love you.

"I wouldn't leave, wanna keep you near

Cause I feel the same way too

Love you. Love you.

Want you to know that I'm with you,"

Chanyeol-ah. The moment when you confessed to me, it was all a dream comes true. I remembered how nervous you were when you poured out your heart to me. You were scared that I don't feel the same way. But baby, I've always love you. I always have and  always will.

"I will love you and love you and love you,

Gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you,

I will please you for all times,

I don't wanna lose you and lose you and lose you,

Cause I need you I need you I need you,"

Chanyeol-ah ,

I love you.

Suddenly, Baekhyun stopped playing. He quickly put a hand over his lips. He clumsily stood up and bowed his head to apologize to the fans. He staggered and struggled to walked backstage but he loses his balance. He fell on the floor and all of a sudden, he started coughing uncontrollably. The fans gasped when they saw blood spilling out on the stage. Baekhyun quickly pulled his t-shirt up to wiped the blood away and tried to stand up. His wig slipped and he quickly tried to hold it in place. There was an agonizing pain in his throat and he felt like dying. The blood is coming out so much to the point where he couldn't even breathe. He saw D.O comes running towards him. He desperately reaches his hand out to D.O.

Then everything went completely black.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chanyeol whistles to "Sing For You" tune as his mom sways left to right, closing her eyes while listening to Chanyeol's whistles. It's her favorite song from EXO.

"Hey mom, are you feeling better?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah, I'm better now Yeol. You didn't have to come all the way here, I was just having a fever," his mom caressed his cheeks.

"Mom, what are you saying? Of course I would come. You're my mom after all," Chanyeol hugged her. She smiles and pats his head, "I missed you mom."

"I missed you too," his mom kissed his cheeks," How are you and Baekhyun?" his mom asked. She knows about their relationship.

" Not so good," Chanyeol's voice trailed off, "It's just... After he broke up with me, I've been having a hard time facing him. I still love him a lot mom, but I don't know how to say it. He would think I'm pathetic and a loser," Chanyeol pouted.

"Honey, many times when Baekhyun comes to our house, I feel like he is my son as well. He is a part of a family and to me, he will always be my baby's lover in my eyes. He loves you more than you think he does. I saw the way he looks at you, it was the look that your dad always give me when we were in love. So Yeol, talk to him. Give him a chance Yeol,  don't be a fool because you won't find another person like Baekhyun," his mom squeezes his hands and smiles.

"Yeah. You're right. I need to tell him how I feel," Chanyeol suddenly felt really confident. Maybe, just maybe, Baekhyun still have feelings for him.

"Ah mom, I think I'll return tommo-" his cell phone vibrates, interrupting his sentence.

"Hello?" Chanyeol picked up.

There was a sobs on the other end of the line.

It belongs to D.O.

"Chanyeol.." he strated crying.

"D.O? What's wrong?" Chanyeol stood up. His mom looked concerns.

"Baekhyun. Baekhyun he-" D.O's voice was blocked by his sobbing.

"D.O, calm down and tell me what's wrong. What happened to Baekhyun?" Chanyeol felt fear bubbling inside him.

"Chanyeol-ah, Baekhyun is in the hospital. If you want to see him one last time, please come home as soon as possible," D.O said through the phone.

Chanyeol dropped his cell phone to the floor.

 

 

 

__________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5jVCjWKkBA

Baekhyun's solo ^

Sorry, I had to fix something, that's why I hide Chapter 23. But don't worry, I am updating Chapter 24 tonight~