A Nostalgic Jung Yunho

Finally Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Dedicated to my first upvoter - cuteflower! Love ya <3

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Yunho POV

 

The first time Heyri injured herself was when she was 6 years old. I came home from school. She usually waits until I come from school to eat lunch together. Having a quick wash, we had lunch together with omma. Every evening, no matter how much homework I had I made it a point to walk her to the nearby playground. If I didn’t, Jaejoong hyung would. If he did, Heyri wouldn’t come home that night. She would sleep at his place, on his bed, beside him. This idiot of a friend would gladly hug her close like she belonged to him, sing the lullaby that he first sang when she was born and kiss her a good night. He may be my closest friend but treating my baby sister as his personal teddy was not permitted. I should be the only man to kiss her a good night.

Walking hand in hand, followed by butler Song, we arrived at the park. Heyri let go of me to run to the swing. I sat under the banyan tree that was around 30 feet from the swing.

The few minutes I dozed off she got injured. One parent aggressively shook me awake.

“Yunho-ah, Heyri is injured.”

“WHAT?!” I stood up to run to the swing but my eyes immediately fell on the blood drops.

I followed the drops, running faster as I heard her cry. Pushing the parents away I rushed to Heyri, who was holding her right ear. Blood flowed down her hand. I turned to stone. Seeing me she cried out.

“Yunho-ah, take her to the doctor immediately” Someone snapped me back to reality.

Carrying her, I took her to the local clinic.

The girl who was on the swing had dropped her bracelet. Heyri, being the helpful girl decided to pick it up, completely ignoring the incoming swing. The edge scraped her ear. She is now holding my hand, trying to jump onto me to escape from the doctor.

“Heyri-ah, let him clean your wound”

She covered her ear, wincing in pain. Signaling butler Song to hold her, I gently pulled her hand from her ear. With further help from the nurses, we finally cleaned her wound.

Though I was relieved that it wasn’t anything severe, I was nervous to let omma know. No, I was shivering in fright to face Jaejoong hyung once he gets to know about her injury.

To my horror, he dashed into the room to hug Heyri, pushing me away.

What happened next was a whole new level of crazy……

 

I couldn’t help but smile remembering it. Jaejoong hyung’s love for Heyri is priceless. He didn’t let go of her and was constantly asking the doctor whether she dressed the wound properly, whether the equipment she used for sterilized, for how often the dressing has to be changed, whether it will scar, if so what was the remedy. I still remember the flabbergasted look of the doctor who tried to answer his questions but was immediately cut off with another question. Though Heyri stopped crying, he went on trying to console her telling that it will be ok. This child simply nodded, leaning on his chest. I, her only brother, stood there like an outsider and was remembered only when hyung realized that we needed to hail a taxi.

 

Today is one of those days where I fell nostalgic, remembering the past when everything was perfect. These halls were filled with Heyri’s laughter and her scribblings on the walls. Whenever I am down I spend the night in her room. Her bedroom, filled with Teddy Bears that I never fail to buy each year during her birthday or whenever I feel the need to buy something for her. The walls are painted white; her favorite colour. There is a framed photograph of the both of us, another one with our family, and finally one where Heyri is sitting on Jaejoong hyung’s lap - the latter hugging her close. It will be 10 years next month. 10 failed years unable to find where omma and Heyri are; unable to find whether they are alive.

I maybe her brother, but her disappearance affected Jaejoong hyung the most.

Whenever a girl confesses to him, his answer was always

“There is a girl born for me and she isn’t you, but my Heyri.”

I always thought that he was joking but I realized that he truly loved her though she was only a child.

It was her 7th birthday and the office heads were invited. Since Changmin’s father is our family friend, he brought his whole family. Changmin, who hardly speaks with anyone as a child got immediately attached to her. She fed him cake fortunately after feeding Jaejoong hyung though he didn’t like how she was smiling at Changmin. Kim Jaejoong was jealous of Changmin because she let him carry her. I still remember his clenched jaws, that menacing glare that sends shivers to anyone’s core. I’m very sure if there were a Guinness world record for glaring, Jaejoong hyung would have won it that very instant. I dared not to stand beside him though he turned to me eying me to take her from Changmin. Adding coal to the fire, Changmin kissed her cheek. The family wasn’t helping for they were cooing at the scene. Worse, she kissed him back. Hyung stormed out of the house and didn’t talk to us. It was until Heyri forced her way into his room, sat on top of his back (he was sleeping on his stomach the whole time not wanting to look at any of us) and kissed his cheek when he finally smiled.

He still loves her and that saddens me that he might end up not living his life but waiting for someone whom we have no clue whether she is alive.

 

Leaning back on the floor, I hugged her favourite teddy. No one is permitted to get into her room except for me and hyung. Either one of us clean the room, though it has been myself lately. Ever since Yoona made it obvious that she likes him, he doesn’t come here often. Her mother torments me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter