Find The Birthday Boy

Finally Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Author POV

 

Yoona mindlessly switched channels as a means of killing time until the clock strikes 5 so that she could surprise Jaejoong for his birthday. It took everything in her to not barge into his apartment and wish him at midnight. She usually does that but always gets chased away by him. So she decided to change antics and not visit him, convinced that it would get him curious.

As long as oppa thinks of me…. He would have for sure…. She continued to calm herself the whole day since she missed seeing him the whole day.

But then the breaking news of a shootout in Lotte World caught her eyes.

“Witnesses state that the injured were a male and a female, both in their 20s, with the male taking the shot, while the female was admitted to hospital with head injury. The police are currently investigating this incident, suspecting that this is a planned attempt of murder though nothing is confirmed yet….”

“Lotte world has been shut down to the public until the police finish investigating the crime site”

“So much for dragging oppa there...” Yoona grumbled and threw her head back. “Aish!” She dashed the remote over the sofa.

Her train of thoughts snapped when her phone rang. It was her friend Tiffany. Almost immediately Yoona’s face brightened, happy that her friend would updating something about the love of her life

“Hey Tiff! What’s oppa doing now?!” She asked, “Ohh.. Lecturing right? Since he has classes now..”

Yoona had a copy of his timetable. She is well aware of his eating habits, his 15 minute strolls around the university, even the number of times he visits the bathroom to freshen up.  That’s how much she is obsessed about Kim Jaejoong.

Oh, she loves him so much that words are INSUFFICIENT to express them!

“Yoona-ah...” Tiffany sighed though, not sure as to how her friend might react to the news.

Yoona’s brows creased. “Yah, what’s with the dead tone now?”

Tiffany heaved a deep sigh, “Jaejoong oppa has disappeared from uni” She broke the news

“WHAT?!” Yoona jumped from her seat, “What do you mean Tiff?! His lectures finish only by 4:45!”

“I know!” Tiffany exclaimed, “But he just disappeared and cannot be contacted – Yobuseyo?! Yo-”

Tiffany was cut the moment she spat “cannot be contacted”. Yoona frantically began calling his number over and over again. It kept on ringing but never answered.

Then again, Jaejoong never answered her phone...

So, onto option 2….

“Yunho oppa! Where is Jaejoong oppa?!”

 

 

Jaejoong had his eyes glued on the currently shut door. Concern was painted all over his handsome features, wondering what was happening on the outside. He didn’t mind that the doctor had pulled out a bullet from his flawless skin, nearly missing his left lung. He didn’t bother about how deep his wound was, how many stitches were being sewed right now. He couldn’t feel anything anyways, since he was sedated. Neither did he care that he wouldn’t be able to move his left arm. All he could think was, all he prayed was that Jennifer was alright.

Jaejoong had no clue about what happened once he was shot for the pain was too sudden and too much to bear. Nothing made sense to him. And he didn’t have the strength to think anything. 

“Please...” He weakly pleaded, “There was a girl with me...”

“Kindly not move!” The nurse urged, pressing him to be still on the bed. “You have to stay still until we fix you up!”

Jaejoong groaned but managed to hold his nerves. “Just.. please tell me if she is alright...” He continued to plead

The doctor heaved a sigh. Jaejoong, even in his sedated state, had been muttering Jennifer’s name the whole time he was operated on, over and over again like a mantra. Even when the ambulance arrived, he made them check on her and later inspect his wound.

Although a stranger, the doctor was sure that he loved that girl far too much.

“Don’t worry Kim Jaejoong-ssi, she is being checked on right now...” She assured.

“Can I go see her when I’m patched up?”

“Yes”

 

 

Yunho was busy at work, partly missing Changmin since he usually has lunch with that food monster, mostly excited to take Jaejoong somewhere that wasn’t

One – the tavern

Two – his mother’s grave

But when Yoona came storming into this office, he was nothing but completely annoyed at her. She had asked him about Jaejoong’s whereabouts. Yunho answered that he didn’t know. But she just couldn’t stomach the feeling of not knowing what Jaejoong was doing so she paid Yunho a visit as a means to get him call Jaejoong.

“Please don’t tell me this is something about Jaejoong hyung…” He earnestly requested.

“But he isn’t in University oppa!” Yoona stomped her foot adamantly

“How do you know that now?” Yunho narrowed his eyes at the flustered girl. Given her silent response Yunho almost yelled, “You ARE spying on him, aren’t you?!”

“Oppaaaa…” She whined, “You know how much I love-”

“But that doesn’t mean you stalk him!” Yunho snapped, “Are you insane Yoona?! No wonder he flees from you like a plague!”

“OPPA!”

“WHAT?!”

“I NEED TO KNOW WHERE HE RAN OFF WHEN HE HAD LECTURES!”

Yunho sighed. Yoona was uncontrollable. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

“Now how can I know that Yoona-ah? I’m not the one STALKIN

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter