A Surprise Gift

Finally Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Author POV

 

All that Jaejoong’s dad wished was for Jaejoong to be happy, which was why he couldn’t let himself watch Jennifer walk away.

“You are the only person capable of bringing a smile to his face Jenni, so please don’t push him away” He earnestly requested Jennifer.

But Jennifer found this too much. No way she would let anyone misinterpret her playfulness with Jaejoong. So she did what she had to do,

“Please don’t see me like that ajushi. I’m only his student. Nothing more. Nothing less” Jennifer pulled her hand from his hold and stepped out of the gate.

Only if she had looked to her left, she would have noticed Jaejoong lean by the wall and overhear her talk to his father.

“But Jenn-”

“Let her go appa” Jaejoong held back his father as he softly spoke. Oh his airy tone was so soothing to hear but his father saw the amount of hurt it was filled with.

“Jaejoong-ah”

“What appa?” Jaejoong weakly smiled, now facing him. His hands found their way under the pocket and he breathed in deeply. Jaejoong’s eyes, now reddened, oh it broke his father’s heart.

“My son, please don’t cry…” Mr. Kim reached to caress is son’s cheek, “Especially on your birthday”

Jaejoong smiled and held onto his father’s hand. Gently he pulled it from his face and spoke quite softly, “I’m not crying appa. She calls me a robot for a reason, doesn’t she?”

Jaejoong’s father only felt worse now. “Oh my baby” He held onto Jaejoong’s two hands, “Please don’t take this to your heart. I know, in time, she will come to like you”

“Appa, I’m not giving up on her. Especially not when I am finally understanding what I feel for her”

Mr. Kim smiled. Of course his son wouldn’t give up. He never was the type to give up but strives to get what he wants.

“All I need is some patience and I’ll win that brat’s heart”

“Of course you will” Mr. Kim added quite proudly, rubbing the little tear from falling down Jaejoong’s cheek

“So I’ll leave then appa. I better see that she gets safely to Tao”

“Oh, and she didn’t take lunch!” Mr. Kim informed his son who nodded and gave him a thumbs-up.

The whole night Jaejoong had been thinking of his life, of his blossoming feelings towards Jennifer. It broke his heart listening to her quiet whimpering that evening. He wanted to make it stop but he didn’t know what to do. All that he could think of doing was to sit outside and stare longingly at the very tree house that he treated as Heyri’s sanctuary. It was Heyri's idea to have a tree house and she was adamant to paint the whole house the way she likes. Oh he remembers how excited she was watching him carry the tins of paint into the newly built tree house. Her wish was to paint the house in rainbow colours so Jaejoong himself took the trouble of paying a visit to the shop and buying the 7 colours with his pocket money. Gently he carried her small frame up the ladder eventhough she was capable of climbing it by herself. His mother was happily looking at the sight of him treat the little girl like a delicate flower. It was one of her last happy memories of watching her son happily smile, before she was murdered the next week. 

Together they began painting, though Jaejoong's job was to make sure that she didn't smear paint over her lovely face. He hated to admit, he never will, but Jaejoong was quite scared of Yunho, especially when the younger male loses his temper with regards to any matter related to his sister. Jaejoong maybe the oldest, but Yunho, being trained to be a leader since the day he began talking, was the one in charge always. 

Jaejoong reminised the memory of Jung Heyri's smile, that little dimple over her left cheek, especially the little birthmark that hid behind her right ear where the roots of her hair dug into her scalp. No one could see it because of her  black hair but there was nothing Jaejoong didn't know of his little princess...

Oh those were the days... They sure were the happiest of the happiest days of his life...

But not anymore. The treehouse now has Jennifer’s touch and scent all around it and Jaejoong didn’t mind it at all. Though he isn’t willing to admit it to the others, Jaejoong has given up on Jung Heyri. He doesn’t need her.

Why should he when he has Jennifer? Jaejoong is to spend every single second dedicating to win Jennifer’s heart and will stop at nothing until she becomes his.

 

 

As Jennifer walked towards the main road, a very familiar car was stopped in the opposite side of the road. Oh her eyes widened in happiness when she met its driver step out and smile at her.

“Changmin oppa!” She shrieked in glee and ran to the pedestrian crossing.

Sighing a laugh at her rather cute behavior, Changmin walked to the other end of the crossing and waited for her. it was a mere t-shirt and a part of knee length shorts but he sure made people take a double turn as they walked past him. The instant the light turned green she sprinted to him and hooked arms with his.

“Whatcha doing here?” She asked all smiles

“Wanted to spend the day with you” He smiled charmi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter