Nothing More. Nothing Less.

Finally Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jennifer POV

 

I wasn’t sure why but I didn’t like this new dude. He kept on staring at me even though he had important news about Jaejoong’s mother’s death. Darling prof on the other hand seemed to have turned to stone at his statement and I took the trouble of snapping him back. I wasn’t sure why but my heart turned into a frenzy as I held onto his index and middle fingers to gently shake him.

“Oppa” I hesitantly whispered “Come back to earth”

Jaejoong turned to look right into my eyes, my heart twitched in pain seeing his lovely orbs reddening. His mother sure is a very sensitive topic for him and Mr. Stranger had to talk about her!

To my shock Jaejoong looked down at his hand – at my hold over his fingers and I, like a spring, finally let go of his hand. He snapped back to speak with his friend but didn’t. Instead he looked more startled now. The stranger looked at me and I tried hard to smile at him though it felt very uncomfortable

“Hyung I think it’s better if you take a seat and we talk” He smiled at Jaejoong who jerked back to reality once again

“Ahh yes” He nodded. “Let’s go in”

We stopped at the door for him to unlock it but he dropped the keys, not once but twice. Before he could bend down once again I stepped in front and picked up the keys. the door clicked open and I looked at Jaejoong,

“After you sir” I smiled.

Jaejoong seemed to have zoned out once more and jerked back to look at his friend. “Come on in Chun” He almost smiled, holding onto the door.

Since I wasn’t needed to be there, I held Jaejoong by his sleeve (I have no idea why I wanted to hold his hand again). He turned, his eyes falling on my hold over his blazer and I let go of him,

“I’ll go to my room”

Jaejoong nodded though his eyes seemed to be screaming otherwise. It forced me to stay on my place but I shouldn’t be there when they were talking about something personal so I pulled myself towards the hallway to my room.

“I know you want to get past her death but I had to tell this to you hyung…”

Jaejoong’s hesitance to response brought me to a halt and I checked up on him from the corner of my eyes. He was standing on the same position staring back at Yoochun, his hand clenched tightly and pushed into his pocket. I wasn’t sure why but I badly wanted to be there for him. Leaning over the wall, I continued to overhear what they were talking.

“Did you say the driver?” Jaejoong finally questioned back very weakly

“Yes hyung. We caught him on another case and when we checked his prints in the database, it matched the prints that we found in the car that the killers escaped”

“I’m sorry to have told this to you, especially with tomorrow but..” Yoochun hesitated to continue and held onto Jaejoong’s shoulder “But this is something good, isn’t it? We are one step closer to catching your mother’s killers”

“Tomorrow means nothing for me Yoochun-ah, especially after I lost eomma”

Now what’s so special about tomorrow? I pulled by phone out and checked the calendar.

What is so special about the 26th of January?

Yoochun smiled, reached to Jaejoong’s cheek and pinched him hardly. I found it rather cute watching Jaejoong push him away and rub his cheek plastering a very unimpressed frown.

“Yah, I’m your hyung!” He reminded sternly

“Yeah, yeah I know… So take care alright?”

“Thanks for informing”

Yoochun nodded curtly and walked towards the door. He looked towards the hallway and I pushed myself towards the wall praying that he wouldn’t notice me.

“Funny though hyung…” He turned back to Jaejoong “You didn’t breathe a word about Heyri”

I wasn’t sure why but on hearing her name, my stomach churned in uneasiness. I looked towards the two men and saw a very tensed Jaejoong staring back at the speaker.

“There is no news of her yet but” Yoochun buried his hands in his pockets “Every time I talk of the case, you always ask of Heyri… yet today you didn’t”

Jaejoong swallowed his spit but maintained his focus on Yoochun. The ambiance had gotten rather serious and I was expecting Jaejoong to respond

“Finally realized that she was Yunho hyung’s problem and not yours huh?” He smirked.

If Yunho’s narration of Jaejoong’s fondness of his sister is true, it’s about time he gives a response to Yoochun.

Shockingly he didn’t.

“Or…” Yoochun stepped to Jaejoong “Is it because of that girl?”

I welcomed an unfamiliar shiver in my body when he eyed the hallway and spoke.

“She’s beautiful hyung…”

This is where Jaejoong should snap back and inform him that I’m a pain in his /student..

Come on prof.. speak out now!!!!!!

“Take her someplace nice tomorrow without getting drunk over aunt’s grave”

Yoochun gently tapped Jaejoong’s cheek who seemed to be loving the idea of becoming a stone lately and turned towards the door. To my shock he looked towards where I was hiding. Not wasting a second I jolted back to the room and fell on my bed. I instantly sat up straight and pulled my knees to my body.

Why didn’t he correct the misunderstanding? He should have, shouldn’t he? Isn’t that the right thing to do?

Why am I being seen as his girlfriend since yesterday?! can’t they see that I’m way younger than him?

Alright, he looks very young – too young to teach us, but still…..

URGH! WHY DID I MOVE INTO THIS HOUSE?!

Deciding that it would be better if I do my work in the local library, I grabbed a tee and three-quarter length pants and headed to the bathroom. Nope, I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter