Two flirts

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun Ah’s POV:

 

After the brief encounter with Ricky in the café, my best friend kind of suspected my feelings for him. Like always, I denied it. But still she lectured me on how I was just having a crush and even though oppa was hot, he was still a lot older and so he can’t be our boyfriend and so on.

 

Then she started lecturing me on how I should be looking at guys closer to our age like the guy at the counter or some jock in our school. All this lecture was just because she thought I was crushing on Ricky. I wondered how she would react when she finds out that I’m actually in love with him.

 

I let her blabber to her heart’s content while I dreamily thought of the hug I was given a moment ago. But when the lecturing didn’t stop even after I fell out of my daze, I let out a sigh.

 

“Why don’t you go and talk to him?” I pointed out at the barista, trying to divert the topic.

 

“He's just an eye-candy. He doesn’t seem like the boyfriend material. I’m sure he would be flirting with every girl who comes into this café, the same way he flirts with me all the time.” She shrugged while I wondered what was wrong with that girl.

 

“Oh really? Then whom would you not mind having as your boyfriend?” I asked her as I started taking a sip from my drink.

 

“I wouldn’t mind dating your brother.” She said, making me choke on my drink.

 

“What?” I looked at her, taken aback.

 

“You heard me. Sang Ki oppa is the perfect boyfriend material. He’s sweet, kind to everyone, has the looks but still not the stuck-up kind. I’m sure he’ll treat his girlfriend like a princess.” She kept describing my brother dreamily, while I remained silent. “Talking of him, why have you never introduced me to your brother?”

 

‘Because you are ready to eat him up? Or maybe because he deserves someone better?’ that was what I wanted to say but instead I said out loud, “Because he’s gay.”

 

It was now her turn to spit out the drink while I chuckled and patted her back until she stabilized. “You must be kidding me. Don’t spoil his image like that. He would never get a girlfriend then.”

 

I still couldn’t stop myself from laughing my head off as it was too much fun to frustrate the girls who are interested in my brother. He’s not gay but I always say he is, just to send off the girls. “Fine. I was kidding. The kid is straight as hell. But it’s not my job to get him a girlfriend. He will find one on his own.”

 

“I’m not asking you to make me his girlfriend. I’m just asking you to introduce me to him as a friend. Is that a crime?”

 

My ears started bleeding listening to her lectures. “Fine. I will introduce you to him. Anyway, he’s going to decide who’s going to be his girlfriend. So I guess it’s alright.” I said trying to get out of it.

 

“Really? You will? How about now?” she got excited.

 

“What? Now? Um, I got to confirm with him.” I wasn’t expecting that.

 

Anyway, I excused myself and walked out of the café to call my brother. I took out my phone and dialed his number hesitatingly, hoping he wouldn’t answer it as it kept ringing for long. But no such luck as he answered it just when the call was about to disconnect.

 

“Hello, my little devil. What’s up?” he answered cheerfully.

 

“Why did you answer the call?” I half-shouted at him.

 

“Um, am I not allowed to answer my phone? If you didn’t want me to answer them, then why did you call me?” he sounded confused and who can blame him?

 

I let out a sigh. “I’m sorry.” I can see my friend scrutinizing my every movement from where she was seated in the café. “Sang Ki-ah, I don’t have much time to explain. But a crazy chick wants to meet you and I don’t know how to get out of it. So I called to find out whether you are free now to meet her.”

 

He let out a chuckle. “When did you start chick meet-up service?” he laughed at his own joke and when he realized that I wasn’t laughing, “Sun Ah-ya, why don’t you refuse them right on their face? Stop running errands for others.”

 

“Well, I’m not running errands for some crazy fangirl of yours. This crazy chick is my close friend and she wants to get to know you as a friend. I don’t know how to turn that down.”

 

He let out a chuckle once again. “I’m free now. Bring her home if you want.”

 

“Fine. I will see you in a bit. But maybe keep an exorcist ready as a backup, you know just in case.”

 

“Aish! Stop worrying unnecessarily and get here already. I’m not a baby. I can protect myself. If anyone needs protecting, it’s you. Also your brother is a freak with powers, did you forget that?”

 

“Very funny! Okay then, see you soon Sang freaky.” I chuckled and disconnected the call before he could respond to that.

 

I walked back into the café and informed her that my brother was free, she literally jumped all over me and she didn’t even let me finish my drink. “Let’s not waste time. You can finish it on-the-go.” That’s what she said as she dragged me out of the café.

 

A few minutes later, we both were standing in front of my house. I rang the bell and waited for the security to open the gate which they did a second later. I smiled and waved at them as I guided her through our driveway.

 

When we both stepped into our house, the first person I saw was my mother. “Eomma,” I called out to her and introduced them to each other. “Where is Sang Ki?” I asked her as she was talking with the newcomer.

 

“He’s probably in his room.” She said smiling wide, probably happy to see me bring over my friend to our home. It’s been way long since I brought anyone home.

 

“Okay, you both keep talking. I will come back in a few minutes.” I excused myself and made my way towards his room.

 

But before I even got to climb up the stairs, I saw him descending them. “Hey little devil, you are finally home? Whoa! That was the quickest I have ever seen you reach here.”

 

“That’s the power your fangirls possess I guess. It’s still not too late for you to escape freaky.” I smirked while he chuckled.

 

“Aww, my darling li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter