Rival's Apartment

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV:

 

After Sang Ki overheard what Miyeon had actually done to Sun Ah in the name of love she had for him, during the time he was in the hospital, he broke up with her then and there even though he was still madly in love with her.

 

He had let Miyeon’s actions slide in so many matters but he couldn’t do so in this case. He feigned blindness to all her flirting with the other guys as he knew it was just flirting and nothing more. It did hurt him to know of her playgirl nature but he thought she would change with the love he had for her. He could have still forgiven her if she had actually cheated on him.

 

But hurting his sister was a different case. He was ready to give up his life to protect his sister. She was a lot more special to him than the girl he fell in love with. He had promised his baby sister to always protect her but in the end, he ended up being the cause of her agony.

 

Though breaking up with Miyeon broke his heart, it was almost nothing compared to the guilt he had towards Sun Ah. He remembered all those times he took Miyeon’s side and hurt her with words. The fact that he couldn’t protect her when she needed him the most, tore him apart.

 

Sun Ah may not be from the same womb as him, but he knows that without her, his family wouldn’t have been what they are now. His mom and dad wouldn’t have gotten back together and there wouldn’t be his baby brother, Han Min.

 

Even after going through all that, Sun Ah took in everything to not hurt him and that made him feel even worse. He let go of his pride and cried out loud. He cried for his love but more than that he cried harder as he was ashamed of himself.

 

Sun Ah couldn’t hide her tears as she cried silently looking at her brother having a breakdown. This was why she couldn’t reveal Miyeon’s true identity to him. She knew he wouldn’t be able to take it.

 

After he cried himself to sleep, Sun Ah took out the car keys from his pocket before tucking him in the comforter. She was afraid that he might suddenly wake up and drive away in anger. His body was still not in completely good condition and extreme emotions like this, kind of disturbs his brain activities.

 

She looked at her brother sleeping like a baby with the traces of tears still evident on his cheeks. “I shouldn’t have called you.” She whispered as she patted his head softly as tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

Sang Ki might be older than her but he has always had the heart of a five year old. Sun Ah knows that her presence always hurt him as she was the reminder of the hardships his mother had to go through because of their father. But never once he had let it affect the love he had for her.

 

But what has she done in return to him? Just brought him more misery and hurt him more. As she sat there and thought about it, she remembered the other two souls who had to get hurt because of her. One being Kihyun and the other being Shownu.

 

Kihyun had been nothing but a good friend who cared for her. But what he got in return is getting accused of something he didn’t do. She felt bad that he had to go through all that for getting associated with her.

 

She felt even worse for Shownu as she kind of overheard Wonho and Kihyun talking earlier about what Shownu assumed she was crying for. And after all that, he had an encounter with Miyeon as well.

 

 

After a few minutes of sitting beside Sang Ki, Sun Ah slowly got up, took the car keys along with her and walked towards the bar where the boys supposedly were, according to the text she received from Minhyuk a little while ago.

 

She stopped in front of the bar entrance and wiped away the traces of tears, before she made her way into the bar. The boys were sitting on the bar stools near the counter and were chatting except for Shownu who had his head resting on top of the counter.

 

She slowly made her way towards them, her eyes getting misty with every step she made. The boys were a bit taken aback at her condition and before they could react in any way, she took a deep bow in front of Kihyun without uttering anything.

 

The boy who had a wide smile on his face a moment ago, now looked up at her in shock. “Lee Sun Ah?” he gently called out to her, getting a bit flustered while the rest just stared at the two of them, not knowing what to do.

 

“I deeply apologize, Kihyun oppa.” She whispered as her voice became shaky. “Miyeon wouldn’t have spoken to you like that if it wasn’t for me.”

 

“Yah, what are you talking about? Aish! Stand up straight.” He grabbed her by her shoulders and forced her to stand straight which made him stare at her sad eyes that was reflecting so much guilt. “Aw, don’t cry.” Kihyun said.

 

This caught Shownu’s attention who was trying to avoid her until then. He sat up slowly and looked in her direction only to see her sobbing in Kihyun’s tight embrace. “Shhh, it’s not your fault. Don’t cry.” Kihyun said as he rubbed her back to control her soft sobs.

 

Hyungwon and Wonho looked at Shownu worriedly while Minhyuk and Jooheon tried consoling her along with Kihyun. Sun Ah felt like she didn’t deserve the love and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter