So Young, Almost a Kid

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Hey guys, how have you been. I honestly have no clue where I'm going with this story at this point. So if you have any suggestions how to proceed or how to end, please do let me know through comments or DM. Hope this chapter is not too disappointing. Enjoy reading XD

 

No One’s POV:

 

After Sang Ki rattled out that Sun Ah was dating Shownu to their father, Chunji wanted to see Shownu that very day even though it was pretty much late in the evening, almost close to night.

 

Sun Ah knew that it was of no use trying to make her father rethink about it. So without wasting any time, she left to the hospital to meet up with Shownu.

 

However, he was on duty that night and so she had to wait for him. But luckily, she had Kihyun to pass her time with until Shownu came back. At first, Shownu was shocked to hear what Sun Ah said, but later did his best to freshen up and dress himself decently.

 

They even stopped by a store and bought some nice, expensive wine bottles. The entire drive to her house, Shownu was lost in his own world, feeling nervous of meeting his girlfriend’s father.

 

When they both arrived in front of her house a few minutes later, they both just continued to stand in front of the door without ringing the bell since Shownu was trying to calm himself down with long, deep breaths.

 

“Look at me!” she forced him to look at her. “You will be fine. Trust me. So relax,” she rubbed his cheeks soothingly, trying to calm his nerves down.

 

“What if I screw things up?”

 

“Shhh,” she silenced him by placing her index finger on his lips. “Whatever happens in there, just remember that I will always love you.”

 

A small smile broke out on his lips, “I love you too,” he whispered and they both leaned in for a kiss. The door swung open right in the middle of their kiss and someone cleared their throat, sounding irritated.

 

Sun Ah and Shownu quickly broke apart and saw Chunji standing there, glaring at Shownu. The latter got flustered a little and quickly bowed, while his face turned beet red in embarrassment.

 

“Tell him to come in,” Chunji said before he walked inside.

 

“This is so not the first impression I was aiming for,” Shownu whispered, shaking his head while Sun Ah grabbed his hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

 

 

As they walked in, they saw that the entire family was gathered in the living room. The little boy Han Min was the only one who welcomed Shownu excitedly. Though Jin Kyong was not being hostile, she was not being her usual self either. She just stood there silently.

 

Shownu bowed to her parents politely and made a brief introduction of himself. He then handed over the wine bottles to Jin Kyong, “You wouldn’t have to do that. But thank you,” Jin Kyong gave him a smile and patted his arms gently before she took the bottles inside.

 

Chunji asked him to take a seat and they all sat down on the couch, Jin Kyong returning a moment later while Sang Ki has left the room with his little brother.

 

Anyone could feel the tension in the air as they started with small talks. It was mostly Chunji asking Shownu questions about him and his work, his family and so. Then Chunji slowly brought out the questions about dating his daughter.

 

It started a bit smoothly at first but as Sun Ah started poking her nose in, trying to save her boyfriend out of her father’s awkward questions, Chunji got more irritated and his questions only turned out more harsh and severe than the previous ones.

 

“Are you going to marry my daughter?” Chunji asked, challenging the other male to say otherwise.

 

“Appa! Isn’t it too early to ask him questions like that?” once again Sun Ah came up to his defense.

 

Chunji glared at his daughter for a moment, then he asked her, “So you are saying that I should let any bastard play with my precious daughter without him thinking about the long term future and then throw her away?”

 

“APPA!” she was even more offended at her father calling her boyfriend names, than the person himself.

 

Shownu tried to subtly hold her hand and calm her down but Sun Ah just pushed his hand away. He let out a soft sigh at how dramatic things are going to turn out with his girlfriend’s anger.

 

Suddenly Jin Kyong stood up and grabbed her daughter’s wrist. “Come with me,” she pulled her up from the couch and dragged her in.

 

“But eomma,” Sun Ah protested, trying to break free. “Why are you not helping him out? I thought you liked Hyun Woo,” she said as her attempts failed.

 

“You are only making it hard for him.” Jin Kyong said as they both were now in the kitchen. “Don’t you know about your father? The more you stand up for him, it will only make your father not like him. Let the boy defend himself. I’m sure he would do much better job than you standing up for him.”

 

“But eomma,”

 

“Shhh, no more nonsense and help me clean out the dishwasher.” Jin Kyong gave her work after work and kept her occupied for some time.

 

 

Sang Ki walked into the kitchen a few minutes later. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter