Not Going To Be The Second

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one’s POV:

 

After that day when Sun Ah cried in Ricky’s arms, she hasn’t really spoken to him much even though she has seen him in the hospital many times. She was a bit happy that he seemed to be respecting her decision to stay away from him.

 

But at the same time, she was a little anxious as well that he might be doing that because he had no feelings for her and so, staying away would definitely relieve him from the clingy her.

 

On the other hand, she got a lot closer to Hyun Woo than she thought she would. He was always indifferent to even her, just like how he was to others. But somehow, she brought out the other side of him whenever she was with him. She saw a different Hyun Woo, not just the cold, robot-like Hyun Woo.

 

 

One day when Hyun Woo and she were in his room as usual, a nurse came and informed him that her mother has come for a visit. He quickly stood up and fixed himself as he was taking a nap, and hurriedly took her to her brother’s room, much to her amusement.

 

As soon as they entered, “Noona,” Han Min ran towards her and hugged her legs.

 

She realized that it has been a long time since she spent some time with him and she felt bad about it. She kneeled down to his level and took him into her arms when she realized how much she had missed him even though she hasn’t given it much thought.

 

She can feel the bullets Miyeon was shooting at her with her glaring eyes but she ignored her completely since she was not afraid that the latter would lash out at her at that moment.

 

Out of nowhere, Hyun Woo slowly walked up to her mother and asked, “Mrs. Lee, could I talk to you for a moment?”

 

Sun Ah looked at him questioningly but he acted as if he didn’t understand the look she gave him and instead walked out of the room, with her mother following him.

 

Sun Ah walked up to the couch and flopped down with Han Min while Miyeon stood by Sang Ki’s bed and continuously glared at Sun Ah.

 

 

A few minutes later, Hyun Woo and her mother walked back into the room, and as soon as she saw him looking in her direction, she waved him over and when he walked up to her, she introduced him to her baby brother.

 

He then flopped down on the couch beside her and he spoke with her brother for a few minutes. When it was time for her mother and Han Min to leave, her mom took Miyeon out along with her.

 

Sun Ah was shocked to see Miyeon being taken out and was even more shocked when she heard that the latter would only be visiting her brother during visiting hours.

 

Instantly she knew it was Hyun Woo’s work but she didn’t know how he managed to do that. So she kept questioning him on what he spoke with her mother and how he managed to send Miyeon out. But the guy completely ignored her, just smiling to himself and left the room with his duty as an excuse.

 

 

The next few days she spent it by being at her brother’s side, without any interference. Even though he was still in his unconscious, some kind of coma state, she still felt better after getting to stay with him. The only time she left his side was when Miyeon visited him during the visiting hours.

 

 

One fine day, when Sun Ah was spending her time out in the waiting area since Miyeon had come to visit Sang Ki, Ricky walked up to her and flopped down beside her. She was taken aback by his sudden appearance and so looked up at him wide-eyed.

 

Without uttering any word, he put his hands around her neck and she felt the cold metal touch her skin. She looked down and found a chain with two rings. She looked up at him questioningly while her hand unconsciously played with the rings.

 

Ricky hesitated for a moment, before he spoke, “Sunnie-ah, I know you are trying to stay away. Though I don’t know why, I would still respect it. All this time without having you on my back, I started to think on a lot a things. And now I feel like I have liked you all along too.”

 

He raised his hand to touch her hair which was falling over and covering her face but she gently moved back and looked at him blankly. His hand stood mid-air for a few seconds, before he brought them down.

 

Her eyes darted down to his lowered hands and stared at them for a while. He followed her sight and realized what she was looking at. He still had his wedding ring on him. He let out a sigh which made her look up at him once again.

 

“I know, I’m sorry.” He said, holding up his hand with his wedding ring. He put down his hand and stared at her, “These rings,” he said, taking hold of the rings around her neck but he didn’t find the words to speak.

 

She still looked blankly at him, waiting for him to explain himself. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, messing up his perfectly set hair. “If you still like me, then could you wait until I remove this ring on my own?” he asked while except for a slight smile tugging at the corner of her lips, there was no other response.

 

But he still took it positively, “I just need some time. But of course you could remove the chain and return it to me anytime you stop liking me.”

 

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter