All That Mattered in The End

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One's POV:

 

Sun Ah walked up the stairs and stood in front of Ricky’s apartment, a little hesitant to ring the bell. Her thoughts were currently filled with worry for the boy who was waiting for her in the parking lot.

 

She was aware of the pain she was inflicting on Shownu by being there at Ricky's place. But she also knew that she had to finally do it for the sake of him. Just that thought alone, gave her enough confidence to finally ring the bell, an eternity later.

 

“Hey,” Ricky welcomed her with a smile while she just continued to stand at the doorway. “Aren’t you coming in?” he asked when she made no move to get in. “Aish! I’m sorry about what happened last time. I swear it won’t repeat again.” He said, crossing his heart while flashing her a bright smile.

 

“I know,” she smiled but before stepping inside the house, she had a longing look towards the parking lot which could be partially seen from the corridor.

 

“Is he there? Then why don’t you ask him to come up too?” Ricky asked, noticing her gaze.

 

“I wanted to talk to you alone, oppa.” She said as she looked around the house. Nothing much has changed since the last time she was there.

 

“Have a seat. I will get something for you to drink.” He asked as he walked towards the kitchen while she removed her coat and hung them on the coat rack. “Hot or cold?” he called out from the kitchen.

 

“Anything would do oppa,” she shouted back from the living room.

 

A few minutes later, he called out to her once again. “Could you give me a hand here, Sunnie?”

 

“Coming oppa,” She got up from the couch and went over to the kitchen. He had a tray with two cups in his hand.

 

“Could you get these to the living room?” he asked nodding towards the tray that lay on the countertop containing some cookies and pastries while a smile broke out on her lips at the sight of them. “You know how good I’m at cooking, don’t you?” he asked sarcastically while she chuckled. “So I went and bought these after you gave me a call earlier.”

 

He placed the trays on the coffee table, then turned off the TV that had been running until then before turning ON some mild music. When he came and sat down on the couch beside her, she subconsciously moved a little farther from him.

 

“You’re still scared of me, aren’t you? No wonder you never showed up here after that. And here’s my long-due apology. I don’t know what got into me that day but I’m sorry.” He bowed while she looked at him, taken aback.

 

“Oppa, it’s okay. It’s all in the past. I have forgotten about it.” She said, rubbing the back of her neck with a slight smile which was then followed by an awkward silence.

 

They both just simply took sips after sips from their cups but neither of them took the initiative to break the awkward silence. Sun Ah was not sure of how to start the topic since it was not something simple like ‘The drink was tasty’ or anything like that. It was going to be a much more serious talk and this only made her feel more anxious. Even though she doesn’t have any romantic feelings left for him anymore, she still cared for him. He was still her first crush whom she has liked for so many years.

 

Time may have changed now and it might be something that she doesn’t remember, but that doesn’t mean she can break his heart as if it was nothing to her. She constantly stole a glance at Ricky through her peripheral vision while wondering hard on how to break the news to him.

 

After a few minutes, Ricky softly cleared his throat and asked her, “So what did you wanted to talk about, Sunnie-ah?”

 

Upon hearing his question, her hand held the chain around her neck like an instinct while she still avoided looking up at him. Ricky stared at her as he waited for her reply, patiently. But she showed no sign of opening and her hand that was playing with the rings on her chain caught his attention.

 

“Is it about the rings, Sunnie?” he asked, making her finally look up at him with shock being evident on her face.

 

“I, um,” she stuttered, looking all anxious.

 

“It’s okay Sun Ah.” He smiled at her encouragingly while softly patting her hand that was resting beside him.

 

She just stared at him as her eyes slightly misted. “Oppa, I don’t know how to say this,” she started but paused as she felt she might choke with emotions and his genuinely concerned look only made it even harder for her.

 

“You want to return the rings back to me, don’t you?” he asked her with a small, innocent smile.

 

“Oppa,” she whispered as a drop of tear rolled down her cheeks.

 

“Shhh, it’s okay. Don’t cry.” His hand reached over and wiped her tears away.

 

“I’m sorry,” she said. “I like you oppa. A lot in fact, but,” she took a pause.

 

“But you love Shownu more,” he finished for her as her eyes widened. “I know.” he smiled at her before he leaned closer to her.

 

She just blankly blinked at him, wondering what he was going to do while his hands moved over her shoulders and took hold of the chain. He unclasped the hook and gently removed the chain along with the rings on it.

 

He secured the hook once again before placing it in his pant pockets. “There you go, free from it!” he smiled at her while she looked at him sadly. “Don’t look at me like that!” he ruffled her fringes, “I put it on you as my promise and now, I took it back myself. So don’t be hard on yourself. And thank you for giving it a respect with a proper closure.”

 

Sun Ah wasn’t sure how to respond to it. She just felt a bit guilty over how things turned out. She was the one who was always chasing him around with her immature feelings and now seeing him take the blame as if it was his fault, just made her feel bad.

 

“Anyway, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter