Trying Out Soju

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun Ah’s POV:

 

Ever since my accident a few months ago, I don’t remember a few things. Hyun Woo told me what had happened but I don’t remember any of it. There were a lot of things that I don’t seem to remember.

 

I thought it was just a bad dream but because of that, I remember that I was the reason behind my brother’s accident. What I don’t remember is why exactly I crossed the road so carelessly that day.

 

I started to feel weird around Ricky and I had no idea why. I knew that I had a huge crush on him since I was little. But I thought I was over him. And by the way Hyun Woo knew a lot about me, I was wondering whether he was my boyfriend and that I had forgotten about it. I couldn't ask him about it either since that would end up hurting him if he really was my boyfriend.

 

My heart still raced whenever I was in close proximity to Ricky but at the same time, I could also feel cold shiver run down my spine. I don’t know what but something made me distance myself away from him.

 

 

Over the weekends and my free times, I started volunteering in med camps where Hyun Woo had been volunteering for a long time, even though it was just helping him with little things here and there.

 

 

One particular weekend, mom called out to me. “What eomma?” I walked up to the kitchen.

 

“Could you take this over to Ricky’s place for me?” mom gave me a bag.

 

“What? Why me?” I shrieked out while she looked at me weirdly.

 

“Ricky’s sick. And I can’t ask your brother to walk over there now, can I? And your appa has gone out on a business trip. Can’t you help me with this? Or should I go there myself?”

 

Of course, I can’t ask my brother to go over there, but I can’t let my mother go as well. She has to take care of my brothers. I let out a sigh and agreed to make the trip to his house. I took the bag from her and started walking towards Ricky’s place.

 

A few minutes’ walk later, I reached his place and rang the bell. The door opened a second later and a very fatigued Ricky opened the door. “Sunnie-ah, what are you doing here?” he asked while sniffing a bit.

 

He really did look horrible. “Eomma sent you some foods.” I handed him the bag.

 

“Thank you,” he took the bags and walked inside while I started to walk around the house.

 

I found myself stopping in front of the place where his wedding photos were placed. I looked at his late wife who looked so pretty in her wedding dress. As I looked through the photos, I glanced at the photo of her proudly flaunting her baby bump, the baby which he never got to see.

 

Unknowingly, a couple of tears slid down my cheeks. It wasn’t my first time looking at these photos, but still I felt quite emotional when I looked at them. They both made such a perfect pair. Was I envying her?

 

I wiped away the tear strains and was about to walk away when the ring box caught my eyes. I took it into my palm and opened it. The wedding ring of his wife lay in that. It had a simple yet unique design on it.

 

Suddenly the ring and the box was snatched from my hand and they were placed back in their place while I turned around and came face to face with Ricky. “What were you doing?” he asked, looking down at me.

 

My heart suddenly started beating fast. I gulped down a little and started backing away but there was hardly any place left to move behind and I was now locked between him and the shelf.

 

His eyes darted from my eyes, down to my neck and back to my eyes. As he was looking, I found his stance loosen, so I gently pushed him back a little and escaped out of there while he let out a chuckle.

 

I walked over to the couch and flopped myself down on it before I started to fan my face. I’m pretty sure it has turned crimson by now. He flopped himself down beside me a minute later.

 

We both just continued to sit there in silence and I was starting to get a bit uncomfortable so I started texting Hyun Woo. Thought he was a bit late in replying, I was still okay with bothering him.

 

Sometimes later, I decided to leave. “I will get going then oppa,” I stood up but was immediately pulled back to the couch by my wrist.

 

I looked at him wide eyed while he slowly inched closer to me. “Sunnie-ah,” he raised up his hand and touched my neck while my eyes followed his actions.

 

He grabbed hold of the chain I was wearing and pulled it out of my blouse. “You are still wearing it,” he smiled a little as he stared directly into my eyes.

 

“Uh?” I really didn’t know what he was referring to. I looked down at his hand once again and noticed the two rings that were in that chain.

 

“You are still wearing these,” he looked down at his hand as his fingers played with the ring. He put down the chain and leaned in closer. He closed his eyes shut and before I could even blink, his lips touched mine.

 

My eyes widened for a moment but it shut itself a second later. The feeling of his lips against mine felt kind of familiar and as he moved his lips, I simply couldn’t pull away, like our lips were glued together and shockingly, I found myself responding to it.

 

Once I started responding to his kiss, his hands slowly wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. As we both were kissing each other passionately, his hands were gently running along my sides and my heart was racing at an alarming speed.

 

But the ringing of my phone brought me back to my sense and I quickly pulled apart by placing my hands on his chest and gently pushing him away. “Oppa?” I looked at him in shock while my phone kept ringing.

 

“I, um, Sunnie-ah,” he got flustered and started to stutter.

 

“I’m leaving oppa,” I quickly stood up and started to walk away before he could stop me again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter