A Way

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Woo’s POV:

 

The day after that incident between Sun Ah and her best friend/brother’s girlfriend, I took her out for breakfast as I felt sorry for the way she was treated by that girl.

 

And when we were on our way back to the hospital, I tried keeping her away from the hospital as long as possible. Of course, I could do that only for a certain amount of time.

 

When we got back to the hospital later, I continued to tag along with her to her brother’s room as I was still a little worried about her. But she insisted on sending me back home as she wanted me to rest on my day off instead of tiring myself.

 

At first I was a little hesitant, worried she might attempt to do something stupid again like the other time but she convinced me that she wouldn’t do it, referring to our promise.

 

For some odd reason, the kid fascinated me with her drastic change of thinking and I felt proud of her. I patted her head and left the hospital or more like got pushed out by her.

 

‘How cute!’ I smiled at the image of how she worried about my health even in that chaotic life of hers and walked up to the parking lot.

 

But a strong wave of worry washed over me as soon as I got in my car and started the engine. I couldn’t really make myself leave the parking lot because of the heavy uneasiness.

 

I decided to check on her once again and so, went up to her brother’s room, only to find her standing at the door, looking hesitant.

 

“Just like I thought!” I sighed, wrapping one of my arms around her shoulder.

 

“Hyun Woo?” she looked at me, wide-eyed while I had a poker face. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Come,” without answering her question, I just simply dragged her in to her brother’s room.

 

She looked taken aback by my action while the girl inside the room looked surprised as well. “What are you doing here?” she asked Sun Ah sternly, raising her eyebrows. “Didn’t I make myself clear the last time?” she raised her voice.

 

Sun Ah opened to reply her but nothing came out. “I’m sorry to interrupt. But she has every right to be here. In fact, out of everyone in this room, she has the most rights to be here.” I said, standing up for her.

 

“Um, excuse me? Who are you?” Miyeon asked me.

 

“Dr. Son Hyun Woo,” I put out my hand for a shake. “I’m the doctor who is in charge of patient Lee Sang Ki.” I replied her with a cold tone.

 

She looked at me and then at Sun Ah. “I would like to talk to you,” she walked past us, motioning Sun Ah to follow her.

 

I opened my mouth to oppose the idea but Sun Ah caught hold of my hand and shook her head. “It’s okay. I can talk to her.” she told me and followed her out.

 

I was really anxious of what the girl wanted to talk about as I was pretty sure it wasn’t anything good but it wasn’t my place either to stop Sun Ah from talking to her. So I just stood by the room’s door for a few minutes, tapping my foot impatiently.

 

A few minutes later, the other girl returned alone and walked past me into the room while glaring at me. I ignored her glare and waited for a few more seconds, looking in the direction to see Sun Ah come back but there was no sign of her.

 

So I decided to have a look and walked up to where she could possibly be. I turned around the corner and saw her standing at the end of the hallway with tears streaming down her cheeks. But she wasn’t alone, a guy was standing in front of her.

 

I got worried and was about to walk up to her, when the guy wrapped his arms around her, embracing her tightly and ran his fingers through her hair while Sun Ah sobbed loudly against his chest.

 

One look at them, I knew they weren’t strangers to each other as they both looked so comfortable and at place but strangely I felt a mix of emotions inside of me.

 

I just stood there for a moment, staring at the both of them. A few minutes later, I saw her pull away from his hold and without saying anything she started walking away from him in a quick pace while wiping away her tears rapidly.

 

He was calling out to her but she was ignoring him and when she walked past me, not noticing my presence, I grabbed hold of her wrist and stopped her. Even though she was not crying anymore and was showing a strong image, I could still feel that she wasn’t really alright.

 

At first she turned around to look at me questioningly and when she noticed it was me, she gave out a weak smile and hugged me, taking me aback.

 

“Sun Ah-ya, are you alright?” I asked her softly as I tried to pull her away from me.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. And before you ask, no, I’m not crying. Just let me hug you for a minute, please?” she kind of pleaded and so, I let her do so.

 

The guy who was staring at us from where he stood, now slowly started walking towards us. He had a disturbed expression as he slowly walked past us. I happened to notice the wedding ring on his finger and I wondered how these two were related.

 

A few seconds later, she slowly peeked behind me and once she was sure that he was out of our sight, she let go of me. “Thank you,” she said as she wiped away the remaining traces of her tears.

 

“Are you alright?” I asked as I handed out a handkerchief while she nodded. “Who is he?” I asked hesitatingly, worried that I might be invading her personal space a little too much.

 

She gave me a weak smile. “Do you remember me mentioning Ricky oppa from the stories I told about me the other day?”

 

I thought for a moment and nodded, once I remembered something. “It’s him.” She said.

 

“Are you two dating?” I asked, cautiously.

 

“I wish!” she sighed, longingly. “But I do love him a lot.” She smiled dreamily which was more than enough proof of how much she liked him.

 

I felt a little disappointed for some reason. But was happy at the same time to see her smile like that. An innocent smile that would never fail to tug at your heartstrings.

 

Even though I was adoring her smile, I was also c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter