Free Goodies

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun Ah’s POV:

 

It was yet another day on my hate list. Our school was on an overnight field trip and here we are getting ready for some chit-chats around the campfire. The game was going alright until the teachers decided to let us on our own to play spin-the-bottle, that one game I hate the most.

 

A few minutes into the game, the bottle stopped on me and they started shooting questions at me.

 

“Do you have a crush on someone?”

“When was your last kiss?”

“Who was your first kiss?”

 

The questions kept pouring in one after the other, as my answer to their questions were a negative response. Finally they gave up after sometime. But not just like that. I have been tagged with quite a number of names like loser, liar, outcast and even lesbian.

 

Being brought up in a house with gay men, I wasn't really offended. So I simply ignored all their remarks and went away to my tent. To be honest, I sure was a liar as none of those questions really had a ‘no’ for an answer.

 

I did like someone more than just a crush, my first kiss was with him years ago, and the last kiss was with him as well just a few months ago, which I stole when he was taking a nap.

 

But why I didn't tell all these to them? Well, because none of them believes that it isn’t merely a crush. And even if I agreed that it was just a crush or a one-sided love, he gets named instead, since our is quite huge. So I stopped talking about him to others as I didn't want to spoil his name, just because I had feelings for him.

 

The rest of the camp went by quite normally, and we all got back to our school campus. Eomma and Sang Ki came over to pick me up from the pickup point, probably because things between me and my mother were still a bit awkward. But it’s not as bad as it was before. I guess it might be because I avoided her whenever I got a chance.

 

“How was your field trip?” he asked as soon as I got inside the car.

 

“Not bad.” I said with a slight smile, not wanting to go into too much details.

 

I have always been the invisible girl in the school. The others generally ignored my presence, unless Sang Ki was somewhere in the line-of-sight, then the girls all acted as if they were close to me.

 

He has been the school’s heartthrob as far as I can remember while I was the messenger. If they wanted something to be delivered to him like a letter or chocolates or anything of that sort, then I would be temporarily visible to their eyes.

 

Anyway, he gave me a look as if he didn't buy the lie but he still let the matter slide and after a few minutes’ drive, we reached our house.

 

“Han Min-ah!” I ran up to my baby brother as soon as we entered in. “Hello Samchon,” I greeted Sanghyun who was babysitting him, before scooping the little darling into my arms while he started giggling.

 

“Happy to see noona?” I asked as I pinched his chubby cheeks while he bobbed his head happily.

 

“Yah! Go and fresh up first. Minnie is still a baby. He might catch some infections from you easily.” Sang Ki hit my head playfully while I glared up at him.

 

But what he said was true. So I let out a sigh in defeat and gently lowered Han Min onto the floor again. “Noona will fresh up quickly and come back, Minnie-ah” I ruffled his hair and dashed up the stairs towards my room.

 

After a quick shower and change of clothes, I walked back to where Han Min was still playing. “Can I take Han Min out for a walk,” I paused for a second, “eomma?” I asked, almost whispering the last part.

 

However, her ears perked up even at that whisper and she turned towards me, a little too happily. “Sure Sunnie-ah. But be careful.” She smiled brightly that I thought I was going to turn blind.

 

I nodded my head, carried Han Min into my arms, then placed him on the stroller, made sure we had all his necessities in it, before going out for our walk. It has become my habit to take him out, pretty much on an everyday basis.

 

To be entirely honest, it was an opportunity for me to have a glance at Ricky at least once a day. He lives some two streets away from our house and there’s a park nearby to his place.

 

I take Han Min there every day and stroll along the park, taking in all the nature before settling o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter