His Presence

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun Ah’s POV:

 

Things went out of hand after Miyeon found out what happened to my brother. And after listening to all the things she said, I was convinced she was right. I even tried taking away my life that didn’t deserve to be there anymore.

 

But Hyun Woo stopped me before I could do that. He advised me to take professional help and since I hesitated, he coaxed me to spill the beans to him. While doing it, I nearly spilled out even my darkest secrets that no one else knew about.

 

After listening to everything patiently, he counselled me for a few minutes on how every life is precious and then left the room after I convinced him that I was alright, even though I was in tears.

 

I remember sitting there on his bed and crying out eyes out after he went to carry on with his duty but I don’t remember how long I cried or what happened later.

 

When I opened my eyes, I found myself comfortably lying on the bed, covered with a blanket and the room was empty. I lazily sat up and stretched a little when the bathroom door opened and Hyun Woo walked out.

 

“Morning, Sun Ah-ya. How are you feeling now?” he asked.

 

“I’m feeling better. Sorry for troubling you.” I smiled shyly, starting to remember all the embarrassing things I have confessed to him the previous night. I quickly stood up and folded the blanket, trying to avoid looking at him.

 

“I will get going now.” I said, while staring at my feet before starting to walk towards the door.

 

“But she’s still there. From what I heard, she convinced your mother that she will take care of him and sent your mother home.” he said.

 

I looked at him wide-eyed. “But I have to freshen up. My bag is still there in oppa’s room.” I mumbled, worried.

 

“Um, I got your bag earlier.” He pointed at where the bag was lying, while scratching the back of his neck with the other hand.

 

I looked at him, then at the bag and back at him, while a soft smile formed on my lips. “Thank you. Then can I freshen up here?” I continued to smile at him, before walking towards my bag.

 

I let out a small sigh as I realized that I wouldn’t be able to see my brother anymore until he wakes up from his deep sleep. I grabbed a pouch from the bag, then went up to the bathroom and walked out, a few minutes later.

 

As soon as I placed the pouch back in the bag, he grabbed hold of my hand and gently pulled me over to his bed. He made me sit down and then checked my wounds, changing the dressing for my wrist and my forehead wounds.

 

Then he gently caught hold of my chin and looked at my cheek. He brushed his thumb over my cheeks and asked, “Is it still paining?”

 

“Not anymore.” I smiled.

 

He let go of my chin and grabbed some ointments which was lying on top of his desk. He turned back towards me and held my chin once again.

 

As I looked up at him, he suddenly leaned closer to me, making my heart skip a beat. My eyes widened at the weird feeling I was having inside me. My heart was beating fast at the close proximity and I was confused about it more than anything else.

 

I couldn’t understand why I was feeling like that when all he did was apply some ointment. So far, no one other than Ricky made my heart race so fast.

 

‘No, Sunnie, no! What’s wrong with you?’ I scolded myself inwardly.

 

After applying the ointment he sat back in his chair and just observed me, making me feel awkward and a bit conscious about how I looked. After a few minutes, he just abruptly stood up and clapped his hands together which clearly showed the awkwardness.

 

“Come, let’s go out and have breakfast.” He said, motioning his hands to ask me to get up.

 

“No, it’s okay. You can go and eat.” I smiled at him, not making any effort to get up from the bed.

 

“Aren’t you feeling hungry?” he looked at me questioningly but before I could reply, he caught hold of my wrist and pulled me up from the bed. “Come, let’s go.” He started guiding me out of the room, leaving me no room to escape.

 

So I silently let him take me wherever he wanted. He guided me out of the hospital, then to a café. We both placed our order and grabbed a seat, before having our breakfast silently.

 

When we were done with it, we both started walking back to the hospital or that’s what I thought. Instead we were heading in a different direction. “Aren’t we going back to the hospital?” I looked up at him, making us stop in our track momentarily.

 

He just looked at me without saying anything and blinked a few times. Suddenly I realized what he was trying to do. Not wanting to put him into uncomfortable situation, I quickly turned around in the direction we were walking, “Let’s keep walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter