Rain and Wine

Not A Passing Fancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun Ah’s POV:

 

Ever since my last visit to Ricky’s place, I have been trying to work hard in school as the better the result, the more the chances of meeting him. And I sure did get better results.

 

First of all, I was glad that our mom kept her words that she would let me see him if I did my best in studies as well. The thing is strangely she knew that I was just being lazy and wasn’t putting much effort in school. It almost makes me believe that she is my real mom.

 

Anyway, as I started to show some positive changes in both studies as well as other things, she made arrangements for me from time to time to meet with Ricky. I guess I should start letting go of my anger soon and stop hurting her.

 

 

 

One day, as usual I was in the park with Han Min but unfortunately Ricky didn’t seemed to be in his house right then. The balcony door was closed shut and I couldn’t see any movements inside either.

 

I let out a huge sigh in disappointment. However, my attention was soon diverted by the little devil I have been looking after. Okay, fine. He’s such an angel, happy?

 

The little one gets so excited these days that he can hardly stay in the stroller and just look at the other kids playing around. He has to get out and at least try walking around here and there in the field. And that’s exactly what he wanted to do right now as well.

 

I chuckled at his cute insistence, “Want to get out, Hannie?” I asked while he bobbed his head cutely. “Okay I will let you down. But before that, let’s move to a quieter place. Or else Hannie might get hurt. Okay?”

 

I started pushing the stroller along the path, searching for a place where Han Min could play around safely. I finally found one, a little deeper in the park, took him out of his stroller and let him down.

 

He got really excited and all hyper as soon as his feet touched the grass. I played around with him, trying to keep my energy level up to his, which I can assure you that I was failing miserably at.

 

The kid is not even scared of flying insects. He either starts chasing them around or try strangling some friendly dogs that came our way. As time went by, I have to accept that I hardly had any thoughts about Ricky.

 

After running around for so long, both of us were dead tired in the end that I didn’t even have the energy to get up and walk back home. I was panting like crazy and so was Han Min.

 

I put him on the stroller and handed him his water bottle while I flopped down on the grass beside him before drinking some water from my own bottle. I wiped away his sweat with a towel as I waited to recollect my energy.

 

Soon Han Min fell asleep in the stroller while I was still on the ground and out of nowhere I felt something wet drop on me little by little. Just as I realized what was happening, and rushed towards the direction where I remember seeing some roof, it started pouring down.

 

I looked through the things I bought and found an umbrella in it. I opened it and placed it on the stroller such that Han Min won’t get wet as the place where we were standing, its roof was not long enough to shield us both.

 

I thought of giving a call to Sang Ki and ask him to come and pick us up from here. But when I looked for my phone, I remembered that I had forgotten it back at home. ‘Great! What a rotten luck!’ I cursed inside my head.

 

Left with no other choice but to wait until the rain stops by itself, I got completely drenched within no time. Yet I made sure that my sleeping brother was safe.

 

A few minutes passed by, but the rain didn’t seem like it would stop any moment now. I didn’t mind anymore though as I was already dripping wet from head to toe but the cold that came along with it was inevitable.

 

I squatted down and hugged my knees tightly, while hoping that this was all just because I was drenched and that Han Min would be fine. Sometimes later, I felt a light tap on my shoulder and heard a familiar voice say, “Excuse me?”

 

I slowly lifted my head and looked up to the face of slightly worried Ricky but as soon as he saw my face, his eyes widened. “Lee Sun Ah?”

 

Though I was really happy about seeing him there that I, immediately, wanted to stand up and hug him, I was still shivering from the cold and was not left out with much energy. “Omo! Why are you here in the rain? You should have come up to my apartment.”

 

“It was a bit far from here and I was afraid Hannie might get drenched. I thought of calling home to ask someone to pick us up but I didn’t have my phone with me.” I said in between my chatters.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter