If War is What They Wants, Then War They Shall Get

Second Life

The tea-cup in Kei's hand shattered into tiny pieces at what Romario had said. 

"Excuse me?" Romario sweated at how Kei's eyes were shadowed by his bangs, the hand still clenching around the cup despite blood dripping down onto the table. He stopped himself from shivering at the dark aura the man was emitting. (Truly, Kei is the devil killer of their famiglia. Sakura may be a scary one, but Kei, if infuriated, hell fire doesn't even hold a candle against his fury. Sometimes, Romario wondered if Kei was to go against Reborn, would he win? Though, Kei is a pacifist of a kind, killing only when needed, only when ordered, and only when he felt really unjust.) 

Romario pushed down the slight fear bubbling inside him. Fear for the pitiful ones, who dared to kidnap two of Cavallone's most treasured people. Well, one is, another will be. He coughed and repeated himself. "Boss pressed the SOS button. Our men didn't managed to get there in time; he was taken away. The tracker is still working, and still moving. And.." He hesitated for a split second. "Ryuuichi is with them as well."

Yuuichi panicked, stumbling up from his sitting position. He panicked because his brother and cousin were kidnapped. His precious brother. "T-then let's go get them back! What are you guys still waiting for!" Before Romario could say anything, Sakura was already there to stop her son.

"Yuu-kun, calm down." To hell with calm. Who the hell could be calm at this moment? His brother's life is at stake here. Yuuichi opened his moutth to retort, but snapped shut when he saw his mother's face. Grudgingly, he sat back down, leg jumping a mile per second. 

Sakura was, unsurprisingly enraged, but despite the dark look on her face, her eyes was swirling with concern. She couldn't lose her composure no matter what now. She need to be their back bone when situation arise, need to be Kei's support as her husband do what he does, as always. 

She went to the study room and took her laptop out, went back to the living room where Romario had explained the situation. Sitting between the man and Kei, she started it up and held her hand out. "Pendrive."

Romario handed her a small pendrive as Kei unclenched his hand, the pieces of ceramic falling down on the table. Kei lifted his head as his normally peaceful teal eyes were flashing in burning rage, simmering, looking very calm on the outside. 

"Sakura, coordinates." 

"Still moving. The signal is disrupted. Might lose it if they keep going." 

Kei remain unfazed by that. "Any idea which bastard is the culprit?" Romario nodded. "Presumedly, the Famiglia boss should have met before we rushed here. The Stolto."

Kei nodded. "I'm presuming that the Don is here as well. If he is, at least 250 of his men is here. If not, I say a hundred. How many of ours is on land, ready to move out at any time?" 

"50. Boss insisted that the rest get a week off back in our base." Kei nodded once again. This is bad. They haven't even plan anything, and they're already at disadvantage with the difference in amount of men on deck. They wouldn't survive this whole ordeal if they attack head on. 

"Let's do with that amount." They turn their heads to the hallway, where a panting Tsuna and Reborn perched on the brunette's shoulder was. The hitman wasn't at his usual, a dark glint in his eyes. "Tsuna and his guardians are going to aid you. In another words, Vongola is lending you their hands." 

Kei frowned. "This is Cavallone's problem. We can't drag Vongola in and trouble you guys." 

Tsuna interjected, finally got his breathing steady. His eyes were narrowed, slightly orange rather than the usual brown. "Ryuuichi and Dino-san are our friend, our family as well. We will never leave them in trouble. They are ours." If anything, he sounded possessive there. Reborn merely smirked, approving. 

"I've called Nono. He allowed since Stolto isn't an allied Famiglia. A 'possible enemy', he said. It'll be killing two birds with one stone, no? Besides, that's a student of mine they took." He added as Tsuna sat down beside Yuuichi, patting the teen on the shoulder. Reborn's smirk was tinted heavily with bloodlust, eyes promising death.

Kei's frown didn't drop as he thought over it. He looked at Romario, who nodded, and sighed. "Very well. Do as you like. However, I hope this doesn't affect both of our Famiglia's relationship." 

"It won't. We will be going as ourselves, rather than representing Vongola." He studied the brunette, a small smile forming. The Vongola will be alright in the hands of this brunette, if not, flourish. He knew of the Vongola history, how it started off as a vigilant group before the Secondo's reign. With this brunette, this Sawada Tsunayoshi, Kei knew that Vongola will change once again. Kei couldn't help but felt relief that his sons has such good friends, despite being in the Mafia.

His smile drop. "Let's get to business."

---------------------------------------------------

Dino gritted his teeth. His hands were cuffed on his back, his legs chained up as well. He had been trying to rip it off, but it was made out of metal. Obviously, he couldn't literally rip it. At least they have the decency to prop him up on sitting position, rather than lying down. He sighed in annoyance, and glanced to the unconscious Ryuuichi, who has being chained up as well. The younger had his head on Dino's lap, falling into that position after being pushed into this dark, cramped van. Said van was still moving despite so long. 

Ryuuichi had struggled, obviously. He didn't like the thought of being kidnap so willingly. Even though he knew it was a futile attempt, he still did struggle, shouting loudly for help at the top of his lungs. One of the men had to knock him out because of that, much to Dino's curses at them.

The blonde swear to whoever was listening up or down, that he'll rip their intestines out and feed them their own guts through the ears and nostrils. 

Right now, Dino could only hope for his men to hurry up. 'In the meantime.. I should pick this cuffs open..'

---------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi stared at his carbon copy, stared at himself who was in the glass container. He had been staring for quite long, honestly. How long, he didn't know, but he felt that it had been centuries. Slowly moving up to him, he lifted a hand and placed it near the face. 

The indigo flames shifted slightly. Ryuuichi noticed how it was getting thinner as time passed. He found it quite strange, yet he didn't have the mood to deal with it. He sighed and placed his own forehead against the glass, directly above the other's. He wasn't even looking at him, simply staring to the side. 

"Do you think we like Hibiki the way he likes us?" The unconscious Ryuuichi didn't even shift at that. Ryuuichi didn't mind. He had expected it. "We don't deserve him, you know. We aren't the one for him. But what do we truly feel..?" 

He had been thinking about it, non-stop. Honestly, Ryuuichi do like Amemori, but he felt that it was more of friendship love. He had never thought of Amemori like that. He did, imagined that she and Alex wouldn't separate in the future before, but it he had never imagined themselves as a couple. He couldn't, somehow. It just doesn't sit right.

But he definitely felt something for Amemori. 

Sighing again, he turned to look directly at the face that was similar to him. "Hey, how long are you going to stay asleep? I don't belong here, you know? It's time for you to take your back your place." He stared, the indigo mist disappearing until there was none. Dark brown eyes slowly cracked open, glinting slightly. Ryuuichi remained unfazed, staring into his eyes, unwavering.

".. You do belong here."

He, or rather, she, shook her head slightly, long black hair shifting along with the movement. "No, I don't."

"You're me. I'm you. I belong here, you belong here as well."

She smiled. "Yes, I'm you and you're me. We do belong here, but I, don't." She chuckled, Ryuuichi's hands rose up to where she had placed her's against the glass, pressing against it. A small crack was heard. "I'm a part of you, Ryuuichi. I know that very well. But I'm also a fragment of the past."

The glass cracked again. "I belong to the past. You belong to the present. I need to return to my rightful place, the past in you, just as you need to return to yours. I won't disappear though." The marks spread up until it obscured their sight on each other slightly. "I'll still be in you." The glass shattered into million pieces. Their hands touched, foreheads leaning against each other, Ryuuichi taller than her. Gripping onto her hand, Ryuuichi looked away from her eyes a moment before looking up again.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep!" He slowly nodded.

"Thank you."

She grinned brightly at that, glowing. "No. Thank you, Ryuuichi." Ryuuichi returned a smile and hugged her as she slowly disappeared. Ryuuichi closed his eyes, basking in the warmth.

---------------------------------------------------

"So it's set. The first wave will be me, Romario and the rest. We'll break through their defense. The next wave will be Reborn, Sawada-kun and his guardians. You will head straight to Dino and Ryuu." All of them nodded, all set up and ready to head out at anytime. Tsuna's guardians were all present, excluding Chrome who Tsuna told to stay with the girls in case anything happened. (Bianchi and his father will be with Nana and the kids, so he wasn't too worried about them.)

Mukuro was present as well. He had appeared moments after the signal disappeared, before Tsuna could even told him anything, saying that it was interesting so he would join. That, and he still has the slight connection with Ryuuichi, so he could somehow pin point where they were.

Hibari, surprisingly, said nothing of the bluenette's involvement as he stood far away from them in silence. He was seething. Someone dared to disrupt the discipline of Namimori and kidnapped both his mentor and Ryuuichi. It pissed him off so damn much. He almost snapped his phone in two when Reborn called him because of this. (He didn't know how the hitman managed to get his number, but he didn't care about that.)

"Why can't I go?" Yuuichi was scowling as he asked his father. He wasn't happy that Kei forbid him to follow them and told him to stay with his mother.

"I've already explained to you, Yuu. It's too dangerous."

"And it's not dangerous for you guys?! I want to help!" His voice gradually got louder, inches away from outright shouting at his father. Kei merely shook his head, not surprised that his son was angry. He walked nearer to Yuuichi and hugged him. "That's not it. I need you to protect your mother."

"But-!"

"I know your mother is well capable of protecting herself, but as a man, I need you to watch her back if anything happens. Protect her, alright?" Yuuichi gritted his teeth. He hated this. He hated how useless he felt at times. Deep down, he knew that if he go, he would be nothing but a hindrance, but he still wanted to. It just hurts, how much he tried to pull himself down but he just couldn't. Ryuuichi felt so near, yet he was so far.

"Please, Yuuichi."

".. Alright."

Kei smiled, squeezing his younger son. "We'll be back with them. Don't worry." He let go, releasing Yuuichi as Sakura pulled him into a tight hug. "Come back safely." Kissing her on the forehead, he nodded. "We will." 

"Kei-san." He turned around to see Amemori by the gate, squeezing pass the group of armed men to meet him. "Please let me follow."

"You-"

"I can fight and protect myself. I'll be fine. Please, let me follow you all." Amemori bowed, 90 degrees as he desperately begged. He, in fact, really knew how to protect himself. Amemori never told anyone, but he pretty good at street fights. He probably wouldn't win against Hibari, he knew that, but it was enough.

"You're a civilian, Amemori-kun."

".." He lifted his head slightly and sighed. "Not really. I'm one way or another involved with mafia as well. My father used to be an information broker. I ran a few errands for him before he quit."

Kei stared at him. He took out his gun from the hoist around his waist and handed the teen. "You do know how to use one, right?" 

Amemori blinked in surprise and slowly nodded. "Alright. Shoot this." His eyes narrowed as Kei threw something up into the air, high up. He clicked the safety off and aimed. Gritting his teeth, he pulled the trigger. There was a silencer attached, so there wasn't much sound made. 

The thing Kei threw up fell down and landed on the ground. It was a rubber ball, apparently. Amemori gave the man a rather baffled look as Kei picked the ball up and inspect it. "Not bad. You managed to hit it at least." Kei showed him the ball. The side was chipped off, a shape of a bullet. 

"But not good enough." Amemori opened to protest when he raised his hand to stop him. "I might be biased, but it's dangerous. Not only for you, but for all of us as well. If we let you follow, who will be responsible if anything happens to you? Have you thought of your family?"

He bit his lips. He had actually thought of it, but Ryuuichi's safety was all in his mind to the point that he couldn't really think properly. "I.. Have. But don't worry. I'll hold myself responsible. I will not burden any of you." Kei sighed. "That's not the point-"

"Please, Kei-san." Amemori bowed again. Kei huffed and ruffled his hair. He really didn't want any of these kids to join, but he knew that it was impossible. He knew how strong the Vongola Tenth and his guardians are, he knew Amemori is strong as well, to an extend. Still, they are all still teenagers

"Kei-san." He looked at Tsuna. "Please let Amemori-kun follow as well. We'll take care of him." Amemori shot up and gave the brunette a disbelief look. "Tsuna, I can't take care of myself." 

"You watch our back, we watch yours." Yamamoto interjected, the cheery antic wasn't there, but he was smiling. "That's what Tsuna's trying to say." The said brunette gave Yamamoto a grateful look before turning back to Kei. 

Kei just, gave up honestly. He has seen a lot of stubborn people before, and god, these kids sure are stubborn. Probably even more so than the older twin. Shaking his head, he huffed. "Fine, but be careful. This is not a child play. You'll be with Sawada-kun, Amemori-kun." 

Romario laughed at how exasperated he was and turned to the first van. "Well, let's go." (Amemori thanked both Tsuna and Yamamoto as the teenagers took the last van.)

Kei paused on his steps. He turned back to Sakura and Yuuichi and pulled them into a tight embrace. "I'll be going." Squeezing them, he let go and walked up to the first van. 

Sakura waved at them, a hand on a frowning Yuuichi's shoulder. She then pulled him into the house, locking the door up. ".. I feel so useless, mom." She shook her head and patted Yuuichi on the back. "You aren't, my dear." Yuuichi looked as though he wanted to protest, but the words just wouldn't come out.

"Well, there's no saying that we have nothing to do." He blinked in confusion at her as she winked. "We'll be doing some hacking today." Sakura's eyes were practically sparkling in terrible glee. "The Stolto will suffer from humiliation for touching what is ours."

(Yuuichi shuddered.)

---------------------------------------------------

It wasn't a pleasant experience, Ryuuichi had to say, to wake up chained to a chair. His hands were behind him, cuffed, his legs chained to the leg of the chair. And it was cold and dark with only the dirty, miserable light bulb lighting up the whole room with it's dim, orange light. He hated it.

(It would have been nice if he was woken up in a bright room for once, but no. He just had to wake up to the dark with the damn pathetic, sorry excuse of a light. He had to resist the urge to scream out loud in frustration, and deja vu was seriously hitting him in the face, figuratively.)

He wasn't really afraid of the dark after so waking up in darkness for so many times, but he deemed that he had been in these situations too much to be considered as healthy, especially after getting his memories back. His thoughts just had to jumble up and give him a hard time to properly concentrate on the situation, huh. He really wanted to punch his own brain sometimes. 

He looked around the room, trying to find a familiar mop of blonde hair to no avail. He was the only one in this creepy dark room, with all the walls vandalized, now that he realized. Where exactly was he? Groaning, he tilted his head back and stared at the bulb, as if daring it to flicker and dies out on him, or explode, as the matter of fact.

His arms was aching, so he decided to try and get out of these damn things. 

He fiddled with his hands and blinked when he felt that his ring was still with him. His bracelet was at home, if he remembered correctly. It seemed like his captors thought that he wasn't much of a threat seeing that their real target was Dino, to the point of not taking his belongings away. Except his phone. (Oh they'll pay for taking his phone away. He does not like anyone taking his possessions. And if he had knew what would happen, he would've brought his gun along. Damn.)

Idiots. All of them are idiots.

He huffed and shifted his hands around the chain, trying to find if there was any lock to it. He winced a little when he felt his skin slightly torn. "Stupid chain.." He muttered under his breath, hands still moving as much as he while trying not to tear his skin anymore than it already was, struggling. His eyes sparkled in victory when he touched a metal pad.

"A normal pad lock." He rolled his eyes. "What did I expect?" He held the lock with his right hand, and summoned his flames to melt it, when the door slammed open, the light from outside blinded him for a moment.

(Ryuuichi mentally groaned, annoyed. 'What now..')

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= This whole chapter is so sloppy I'm so sorry.

I don't know why, but I just had the impression that Kei those kind of dude that gets deadly when provoked. Like Fon. While Sakura is more outwards with her annoyance and rage, Kei's like, practically the opposite. 

Fun Fact= Yes, Amemori got into street fights before. In Kyoto. Yes, his father used to be an information broker for the yakuza, and Amemori would sometime help out when he was younger. Now, his father works as a business man, somehow.

Out of all of them, Yuuichi is actually the weakest in terms of fighting experience. Sure, he's an athlete, he mastered both Aikido and Judo, but he's still weak when it comes to free-form fights. And guns. Yeah. He's going to traiinnnnn! 

So yeah! Ryuuichi had his memories back! Yay! Not much of drama there. Like, bam. It happens and it disappears without a trace. How, mundane. *slap self*

Fun Fact= Stolto literally means foolish in Italian. I was like, no idea what name should I give them, so came foolish. Then google translate came along. It actually sounds like a nice name, if the meaning isn't known anyway.

I absolutely suucks at writing multiple characters at one go. *sobs*

I think I'll focus more on Ryuuichi and Dino's part in the next chapter. Or not. *sighs* Below this is a few short excerpts that I've no idea where to put.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romario sighed as he sat on the driver seat, buckling up as a half of the Cavallone member climbed into the huge black van filled with weapons and such, the other half taking the second one. He seriously pity the Stolto, for waking the sleeping devil up. He wouldn't have felt anything if it was just the sleeping devil. Oh no, he wouldn't even sympathize them if it was just that. 

But now, he really do. Not only that the sleeping devil is up and about and hunting for them, satan itself is going after their sorry arses along with satan's spawn and satan's spawn's spawn. And Namimori's own Yawata no Kami is going after them as well. What are the chances to their bad luck?

Really, Romario, honest to god, pitied them from the bottom of his heart. (Though, he would be lying if he didn't want to see them fall.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kei, we lost the signal." Kei furrowed his eyebrows. Tsuna, too, frowned when a familiar chill ran down his spine. Turning around to the hallway, he saw Mukuro walking in. He gaped as Gokudera and Yamamoto tensed up, the former taking out his dynamites but didn't lit them.

"M-Mukuro?!"

"The little dragon has been captured, so it seems." Gokudera snarled at how amused Mukuro was. "What do you want?" Mukuro smirked, not minding the reaction. "I can lend a hand." Tsuna blinked out of his shock and listened intently. "I can feel Ryuuichi-kun through our little temporary contract. I know where he is."

The brunette wanted to ask of the contract, but the fact that Mukuro knew where Dino and Ryuuichi were shoved that out of his mind. "Where?"

If possible, Mukuro's smirk widen even more. "The abandoned military base in the next town."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= Yawata no Kami, or known as Hachiman, is the syncretic divinity of Archery and War. He's often called as the god of war, although he's more correctly defined as the tutelary god of warriors. Also the divine protector of Japan, the Japanese people and the Imperial House, the Minamoto clan and most samurai worshiped him. His symbolic animal and messenger is the dove. (Taken from wikipedia)

So like, you guys get the reference there right? Who represents Yawata no Kami. Hibari, duh. Actually, I wanted to go with Bishamonten, since he punishes criminals, like Hibari. But then, Hibari protects Namimori and the residents of Namimori (most of the time); like Yawata no Kami, and Hibird. So yeah.

For the abandoned military base, there's actually a quite a few in Japan. The one that caught my eye while I was researching was the abandoned US Air Force base in Tachikawa; from the early days of Japanese/Americans war and peace. It looks really, really creepy, and big. Which was quite suitable, so the place they're captured to is a military place, not exactly the US Air Force base. Just similar.

It is a military base, and mafia, why the hell not? 

*cough* Satan is Reborn, Satan's spawn is Tsuna (And Dino) and Satan's spawn's spawn is Tsuna's guardians. Enough said.

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc. etc. mistakes]