Return

Second Life

If Ryuuichi doesn't know about the whatever would happen, he would certainly pale when Shoichi said that they had been in this era for a few months. Fortunately, it was simply just three days. Imagine the havoc that would happen if they were gone for a few months in their time, and suddenly reappeared out of nowhere. Ryuuichi suddenly remembered the Scythe his brother got, and his brother. He quickly shook his head and shudder. That deadly weapon and his brother aren't a good combination.

Anyway, they only have one week to obtain all the Arcobaleno Seals, which meant that it would be a get or die thing. Ryuuichi wasn't so worried about it, unlike the others. He knew about the outcome already anyway. "This is a big gamble, but we have no choice but to count on you."

Tsuna clenched his hands tighter, only to loosen it when the children and girls had arrived. He turned towards them, and saw solemn faces of the girls. Of course they would be. They were, after all, suddenly thrown into this mess without knowing anything, nor received any warning. They didn't even knew about what Tsuna and the others were doing. Mafia. The brunette just couldn't seem to see the good in telling them about it.

"Everyone's here now. Are you all ready then?" Tsuna said yes, stuttering a little. He looked towards his friends, which all of them had nodded in affirmation except for Yamamoto. The baseball star was frowning. It was probably hard for the teen since when he had arrived here, he was told that his father had passed away, killed by Milliefiore. 

Yamamoto noticed the stare and turned towards Tsuna. "Ya-yamamoto, umm..." He simply smiled softly. "It's alright. I don't know how much time we'll have together, but I'll try to be a good son." A finger suddenly poked the gap between his two brows and pushed it up. He blinked in surprise as Ryuuichi gave him a stern, but concerned look.

"Stop frowning. It doesn't suit you" Ryuuichi backed away, and crossed his arms. "Be yourself, Yamamoto. Don't let what that happened in this future change you" He said nothing more and turned away, facing Shoichi, not giving the teen a chance to say anything. He nodded to the man.

"A-alright.. Let's send you on your way. Spanner" The said man nodded and turned towards his laptop and started typing. The round device started glowing and they, too, glowed. Sparked, even. Soon, they were materialized away, disappearing completely.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi looked around their surrounding and smiled. They were all in the past, or present and were all in front of the Namimori Shopping District. Hibari immediately left, perhaps going to Namimori Middle. Chrome, too, had disappeared without a word. Ryuuichi peered into one of the shops and saw the date and time.

'It really has been three days....' He chuckled at the rest who all couldn't believe that they were all really back in the past, present. Whatever. They all walked to TakeSushi in silence. A silence that was filled with anticipation, excitement, relief, and fear. They bade Yamamoto a 'See you' and walked off. For Ryuuichi's case, he had gave him a deadpanned look that reminded the baseball star of what he had said.

And then, they walked Haru back to her house and bade her a 'see you' too. Kyoko and Ryohei, and Ryuuichi had went off there too, all walking in different direction.

Ryuuichi immediately speed-walked back to his house, smiling. 

(Then, he realized that the electrical appliances were left on for almost three days and paled.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"R-r-r-ryuuichi?!!?" The said teen turned to him, still munching on his food before swallowing it and raised a hand. "Morning" Tsuna gave him a bewildered look and asked him why he was here, to be answered with a point at a certain Arcobaleno, and "He came to my house early in the morning and invited me for breakfast"

He was taken away by the answer. He never knew that Reborn could invite someone, not force them. Before he could say anything, his mother ushered him to seat and eat his breakfast. Ryuuichi acted like nothing happened and finished his meal. He stood up and went to the sink to wash it, in which Nana had protested but he insisted, saying that it was as a payment for the free meal.

Tsuna felt a warmth bubbling in him at the homey atmosphere. It has been a while since he last experienced it after all. He suddenly realized the warmth from his family, by blood or not, that has always been there. He regretted not cherishing it in the past and vow to, starting now. His thoughts were broken when Reborn had told him to eat or else he would be late. He raised an eyebrow at that. 

"Isn't that obvious? School" He then widen his eyes, snapped his head towards Ryuuichi whom had already finished washing his dishes, was wearing his school uniform, and then towards the clock. When he saw the time, he hastily finished his breakfast and ran upstairs to change.

When he was done, he speed walked out the house with Reborn on his head and met Ryuuichi was waiting for him by the gate, messing around with his phone. As they walked side by side to school and while he was talking to Reborn, he had caught a glint through Ryuuichi's ed collar at the corner of his eyes. When he turned his head towards the teen to ask him about it, a familiar voice had called out for them.

They turned around and saw Haru in her uniform, walking towards them.

"Good morning, Tsuna-san" The girl was smiling for once second and frowned the next. "Tsuna-san, after living under the same room for so long, I feel lonely when we're apart!" He sweated and gaped at that. Beside him, Ryuuichi snickered.

"Ossu, Tsuna." They turned around again and saw Yamamoto, followed by Gokudera who came the opposite side. "Good morning, Juudaime, Reborn-san, Ryuuichi" The latter simply nodded at him and made eye contact with Yamamoto before returned to stare at his phone. Now that Tsuna think about it, the teen had been looking at his phone ever since he had finished his breakfast but pushed it back as he greeted the two.

Reborn jumped off of Tsuna's head and onto Yamamoto's shoulder, asking him about the clothed thing. "Oh, that's Shigure Kintoki. You never know when things might go wrong." And then, Gokudera had put on his box weapon belt and took out his dynamites. "Juudaime, I can switch to full gear in any moment!" Tsuna sweated again.

Unknown to them, except Ryuuichi and Reborn, a certain Arcobaleno was watching them from a lamp post. Ryuuichi peered at the Arcobaleno through his bangs, watching her too, before turning away to nod at Ryohei and Kyoko. They then had walked to school together.

Ryuuichi was silent the whole time as the others chattered about, entertained by his phone and shutting out everything. He was messaging his brother, who happened to be having an off day at the camp and was lazying around. They had been messaging each other after the first message the younger one had sent. Ryuuichi had asked him about his well being and had promptly started mother-hen-ning him. He would subconsciously smiled a few times after reading the replies. 

Though, he did noticed the puzzled stares from Tsuna and when the brunette had tried to question him but failed. It wasn't as if he wanted to ignore him, but he wasn't really in the mood to speak, not after the dream-no- memory he had. His hands tighten around his phone.

"Could you just shut up?"

"But-"

"Xxx, shut up. You're annoying" Slam!

"....."

It was a memory that he had buried deep down in him and had never wanted to remember even bits of it. Perhaps it was because of the battle. In his past life, he had this friend, best friend, who once was had asked for his-her help to report something to the authorities. But at that time, she was powerless and couldn't do anything. (He scoffed. As if he was different from that time) How could she anyway? How could she simply report something without a firm evidence about it? And because of that, her friend had been distant.

That, was one thing. The other was after that incident, whenever she constantly wanted to talk to him, he had shunned her til they were no longer in touch, totally cutting connection. She hated it though. That friend was her childhood friend, one of her trusted people. It pained her when it was severed off simply just like that.

And just from that, she had slowly closed herself off, became more reserved and silent, and had forgotten her own emotions.

Ryuuichi immediately shook all that out and locked it again. The pain had slowly dulled and disappeared. He wasn't going to think about that again. That was all in the past and he had long let go. That, was her. Now, it's him.

He released a heavy sigh, feeling a little better. He tucked his phone back into his pocket when they had arrived at the school. They greeted Haru a 'see you' and walked into the school. Ryuuichi stayed a little longer and stared at the small stall that was selling Chinese Baozi. He gave the seller a smirk before walking away.

The seller frowned but was amused.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi was watching Tsuna and the others interact with infant sized Lal Mirch on Hibari's usual spot on the roof. He chuckled when the brunette was slapped by her and when Gokudera got kicked on the shin. And then, Reborn appeared, explaining that she was only an observer. 

He sat there unknown to all of them, except for the infants, watching them until lunch break was over. A sudden cold breeze blew from his back, making his hair fly to his face. He pushed away his bangs and looked up to the cloudy sky. It was quite calming and relaxing here, despite the height that had him frowning. No wonder Hibari liked it here.

He tensed up when he felt a stare and looked around him. He raised an eyebrow when there weren't anyone that had noticed him on his spot, nor looking at him. Someone had been staring at him ever since he had went into his classroom but he didn't know who was it. It was quite unnerving. He shivered at the thought of being stalked and shook his head. 

"That would be me, Kora!" 

He looked back up to the sky and saw Colonello hanging off the claws of his eagle. Their eyes met for a brief moment as Ryuuichi gave him a nod. Colonello blinked at the teen but he saw Lal Mirch. His eagle dropped him onto the roof, opposite of where the teen was sitting. He ignored Ryohei when the boxer called him and raised his sniper. Lal Mirch, too, raised her's. They glared at each other for a brief moment before they threw away their snipers and jumped at each other, immediately fighting.

Ryuuichi amusedly whistled when Colonello was throw off before he step-jumped on Tsuna's face, followed by Lal Mirch. He wondered how could someone run up a vertical wall without any support. Unless, the infant had something to support him, which was highly unlikely. He silently clapped when Lal Mirch won, impressed by their small spar. 

For some reason, he felt like wanting them to just get hitched right there, right then. Like, literally.

He smirked. Tsuna's first trial would be combat abilities. He jumped down after he deemed them finished their talks. He tapped the tip of his shoes, feeling the slight burn on his sole. "Hello" His smirk haven't dropped, hands shoved into his pockets.

The others blinked at him while Tsuna who was still on the group cringed at the fact that Ryuuichi almost stepped on him when he jumped down. Fortunately he didn't. Otherwise, he might just get him on that part. "Ryuuichi?! Since when you were here?!" He simply replied with a since the beginning and walked towards the door, stopping his tracks for a moment to face them and raised his left arm, showing them his black watch. 

"Five minutes til class start. Shouldn't we go?" He didn't wait for their reply and went down the stairs, didn't even stop when a weight dropped on his head as he had knew who it was. He simply chuckled at the small pat on his head. For some unknown reasons, he had actually liked it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi had his backpack slung on one side while carrying a stack of files. He walked down the hallway to the Reception Room, where Hibari should be at, to give him the files. He huffed a little and turned at a corner, only to jump back split seconds before he crashed into the other two.

He sighed in relief but raised an eyebrow at the familiar teens, despite never seen them before. 'Ahh.. Right' He faked a sheepished smile and bowed a little. "Sorry" 

The two smiled back at him and said it was nothing. He let them pass and stared at their back. The smile turned into a smirk. He continued his track again, chuckling a little along the way. Things would be entertaining for the week.

When they deemed that Ryuuichi was no longer in sight, they exchanged a look. The 'girl' snickered and smirked while the other's eyes glinted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

They others' eyes widen in surprise and amazement the moment Colonello's Maximum Burst took out Gokudera's dynamites. The large blue flame formed a bird had floated about in the air. "It's been a while since I last saw him use it. As usual, it's ridiculously strong" Reborn said. Ryuuichi nodded at that, knowing that it is strong. He briefly wondered what would happen if that thing hits someone, not something. 

And then, the flame dropped down into the ground and cracked. The ground gave way for Gokudera to fall inside if not for Tsuna in Hyper Dying Will mode had flew him away from it and landed him on a safer ground.

"There's no point in fighting separately. We'll fight together" Colonello smirked at the brunette. "Bring it on, Kora! Let's go!" Falco, his eagle, dropped him onto the ground as both Tsuna and Gokudera rushed towards him. Tsuna threw punches at him with his flaming fist, only to be blocked by the Arcobaleno. He frowned and punched Colonello a few more times but it was not effective at all.

The Arcobaleno jumped away before he was kicked and in return, kicked Tsuna to the ground. The others, except for Reborn, Lal Mirch and of course, Ryuuichi, shouted in concern for the brunette. Ryuuichi frowned, but was generally calm about it. It wasn't long until Tsuna got up again and flew towards Colonello. 

"Colonello! Over here!" The Arcobaleno jumped up before a blast of Storm flame hit him. "Too late, Kora!" He turned his head and saw Tsuna behind him. He dodged another punch and kicked him away again, this time, in the face. Gokudera cussed and aimed again, he fired a few shots at him. 

"You're getting annoying, Kora!" Gokudera was thrown back by the force of Colonello's shot. Just a Tsuna was sighing in relief when he managed to stop himself from crashing into a boulder, Colonello appeared in front of him and punched him into the boulder. 

Ryuuichi winced at that. That, definitely would hurt a lot for sure. He cast a brief glance towards Ryohei and Yamamoto who were talking to the two Arcobaleno before looking back towards the ones that were fighting. He sighed inwardly at the fact that Colonello was toying them. He saw Colonello, who was hanging from Falco's claws, readying his sniper to shot another Maximum Burst at Tsuna, and towards Gokudera. He then smirked. 

When the smoke and dust dispersed, they could see shields protecting Tsuna. It was Gokudera's Sistema CAI. And then, the bomber and the Arcobaleno attacked each other. Ryuuichi sweated at those two, having a feeling that they were like children, even though they weren't and aren't. They were as if trying to impress the other and taunted one and another. Of course, Colonello wasn't fazed by those attacks, until the shot that suddenly propagated. It hit him. Not.

He appeared behind Gokudera's unguarded back, thinking that he had got him, only to find out that Tsuna was preparing for his X Burner. Behind him. Karma?

He and Tsuna released their flames, and it clashed. The latter gritted out his teeth and increased his flame voltage. Colonello's blue flame couldn't block it and he was shot. 

Colonello had sat there, stunned and mouth slightly agape. The tip of his sniper were bent and ruined. Tsuna flew down and crouched in front of him. He took the badge from Colonello's band.

Ryuuichi clapped in amazement at that lightly. He smirked, noticing that Colonello had finally realized the brunette's potential, and strength. His leadership was something as well. The rest all smiled, knowing that they've passed their first Trial. They all ran towards them, with Lal Mirch leading and ending the Trial.

"Point the ring at Colonello's pacifier. You'll be receiving an Arcobaleno Seal as a proof that you've cleared this Trial." Reborn explained when the said Arcobaleno had told the brunette to take out his Vongola Ring. Tsuna nodded and did as told. The blue pacifier shone in bright blue glow and shot a light towards the ring.

The rest of the Guardians' rings shone in blue too. Ryuuichi who was standing beside Tsunayoshi jumped back a little, feeling a warmth inside his shirt. He turned around and peeked into it. His eyes widen as well when he saw the small blue glow.

'What. The. Actual. Heck'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N = First chapter of the Arcobaleno Trial Arc!

Reborn had literally, literally, broke into Ryuuichi's house around 4 in the morning while he was sleeping and stared at him until he woke up, which was long because the teen could feel the stare boring holes onto his face. When he woke up, he practically jumped in shock and horror. 

Though, Ryuuichi was glad that the hitman had woke him up as he was having a bad dream. Thus, that part on his past. As I had said, it's only a minor thing and well, you know. 

I probably won't be updating for about.... 2-3 weeks? I'm not sure. Well, exams. And I can't concentrate on writing anything when I'm worrying about not having enough time to finish my studies. Not to mention my schedule is getting tighter and tighter everyday. *sigh* I apologize about that.

[I apologize for any grammars, spellings, etc.etc. mistakes]