Lamb Skewers

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

Yoongi barely managed to pull his third all nighter. He could feel his heart thumping hard against his rib cage, fueled by energy drinks and shots of coffee. His eyes were in a light shade of red. They were puffy, lacking of moisture. Yoongi sighed. He couldn't seem to get inspired. He couldn't come up with any good ideas. Yoongi, being a perfectionist doesn't help either. He stood up and decided to refill his cup of coffee. 

It was a bright morning. Way brighter than what Yoongi was used to. Way brighter than what Yoongi preferred. The bright rays of the sun reminded him of a certain someone. A person who would outshine even the brightest stars in the whole universe. He opened a new sachet of instant black coffee with a smile as he spilled some of the granules carelessly on his kitchen table. Once his kettle started hissing, he poured the boiling water half way and took a cube of sugar. He then dumped ice cubes. The coffee was filled to its brim. He walked over to his kitchen's windows and rolled the shades, blocking the sun from entering his flat. Yoongi sighed as he sipped on his coffee when the door opened. 

Jungkook walked in. He wasn't making any eye contact as he dragged his luggage onto the sofa. Yoongi placed the cup on the table as the sudden realization kicked in. He promised to visit Jungkook two days ago. Heck, he crossed his heart. 

"How are you feeling?" Yoongi asked his brother. Jungkook stared at the elder.

Yoongi looked pitiful with his disheveled hair, oversized shirt, and Jungkook never really noticed how fragile looking his brother really was. He felt sick.

"Better than you." Jungkook said as he walked over to his room and locked the door. Yoongi sighed as he approached the younger's room. He knocked it gently.

"Have you eaten your breakfast?" Yoongi asked, his voice heavy from the lack of sleep.

"Mind your own business, Min Yoongi-ssi." Jungkook replied coldly. His voice redeemed by the space between the two. 

"Don't do this to me, Jungkookie." Yoongi said. He closed his eyes for a second, trying to compose himself. "I'm sorry. I promised to visit you and I didn't.  Why didn't you tell me that you got released today? I would've picked you up." Yoongi said. The door opened, revealing his younger brother. Jungkook's eyes was filled by rage but overall, he looked so calm that it scared Yoongi.

"If I told you, you would've only come to visit Jimin hyung wouldn't you?" Jungkook said, raising one of his eyebrows. "You don't need to pick me up. You gave me the card so I could pay for my own expenses right? That's what I'm doing right now. Practicing." He said. Yoongi was taken aback. 

"What the heck are you saying?" He spat. "Don't do this to me, Jungkook ah. I'm really not in the mood to argue." Yoongi said. "All I wanted to know was whether you had your breakfast or not. We could fight over the rest later." Yoongi said as he rubbed his temples. His headache was starting to take over. 

"How about you?" Jungkook interrupted.

"What?"

"When was the last time you eat? Why don't you ask Jimin hyung instead. Take him out for breakfast and don't worry about others when you can't even take care of yourself." Jungkook said, raising his voice.

"One question." Yoongi said as he walked away. "I asked you one question, Min Jungkook!" Yoongi said, nearly screaming.

"It's Jeon Jungkook!" Jungkook replied as he slammed the door. Leaving Yoongi outside feeling numb.

 


 

"Kookie called me. He was crying." Seokjin said as he took Yoongi out for dinner. 

"We had a fight. No big deal." Yoongi said as he sighed for the nth time. 

"He said you were being an ." Namjoon joined, earning a grunt from Yoongi.

"I was." Yoongi replied shortly. "I guess I'll bring home some lamb skewers for that brat as a peace treaty." 

"Jungkook is a er for lamb skewers." Jin said as he showed Yoongi a gentle smile that could only be described as motherly. 

"He told me you were spending more time with Jimin instead of him these days. That's why he's upset." Seokjin said. His eyes focused on the roads ahead.

"Aw, Kookie and his brother complex." Namjoon cooed, earning a low chuckle from Yoongi.

"Is that why he's so mad?" Yoongi repeated. "I thought it was because of something else I did."

"It's the kid's winter break. He will be too busy in preparing for  his college entrance test next year. Spend more time with him won't you?" Seokjin said. Yoongi nodded. 

It's Christmas season and Jungkook is the only family member he has. Of course Yoongi will spend his whole winter break with his kid brother.

"Jimin is a good friend but Jungkook is your brother." Seokjin continued. 

"I know, I know." Yoongi said.

Suddenly Yoongi's hands started shaking and he felt sharp pain on every single joints in his body. He felt warm liquid trickling down his nose. He lifted up his hands with a lot of difficulties and pain. Trying not to stain Seokjin's seats. "N-namjoon, hand me those tissues." Yoongi said. His voice was shaky as he tried to hold himself down from screaming. 

"Sure, here." Namjoon said as he took a box of tissue from the cabinet, he handed them over to Yoongi, shifting from his seat. "Oh my god, hyung, are you okay?" Namjoon screeched in panic. Seokjin threw his attention to Yoongi. Witnessing the younger wiping crimson off his face.

"I'm okay. Don't exaggerate." Yoongi said. He rolled the window down as he threw the tissues out. He then opened his clutch and took a handful of painkillers. Yoongi downed several of them in one go.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Namjoon repeated. "So you're taking medicine now? That's good." 

"I'm okay, geez." Yoongi answered. The rest of the ride ended up in silence.

Seokjin parked the car and reached in to grab Yoongi's clutch. He opened them and took out the medicine Namjoon was talking about.

"Yoongi, these aren't medicine." Seokjin said. "These are pain killers." He said, eyebrows knitted together, a sign of frustration.

"I never said they were." Yoongi replied as he opened the door and inhaled the outside air. The Seoul breeze was cold, but nonetheless, it was refreshing. "Let's get inside. I want some warm porridge."

 


 

"Jungkook ah, we brought some lamb skewers for you." Seokjin said as he entered the flat. Seokjin walked over towards Jungkook's room. He knocked softly.

"Come out and eat. Yoongi brought them for you." He said.

"I'm not hungry." Jungkook said as he opened the door slightly. 

"We know you are. Come out." Seokjin said as he dragged the high schooler out of his room. Jungkook grumbled. Flopping himself onto their leather sofa, turning the TV on. 

"Wait here while I warm them up for you." Seokjin said. He reached out his hand to ruffle Jungkook's hair. The younger whined and Seokjin smiled as he walked towards the kitchen.

His eyes widened when he saw Yoongi crouching on the wooden floor, blood in his hands.

"Oh my god Min Yoongi," Seokjin whispered as he approached the younger.

"I'm okay hyung. Just a little nose bleed." Yoongi said. His face was stained with crimson. "No worries."

"It's the second time today. How do you expect me not to worry?" Seokjin added, his voice louder than it used to be.

"Ssh" Yoongi hissed as he told Seokjin to be quiet. Yoongi doesn't want Jungkook to worry. He doesn't want Jungkook to change his attitute towards him. He doesn't want to feel pathetic in front of the only person who meant the world to him. "Jungkook will know." Yoongi said harshly. "I'll be fine, hyung. Just take the skewers over to him. I bet he's starving. Kookie hasn't eaten anything besides breakfast." Yoongi said as he forced a smile to convince Seokjin.

"We'll talk later." Seokjin warned. Yoongi nodded as he tried to stand up. His body felt weak. His head was spinning. He propped himself onto the counter. Yoongi opened one of the cabinets. He needed something to calm himself. He decided that cold water would be the best for the moment. Yoongi gulped the water and he sighed. The throbbing has lessened but he felt how it's more frequent that what it used to be. It hurts a lot more too. He shook his head as he slapped himself.

"Get yourself together." He whispered to himself before walking out to talk to Jungkook. 

"How was it?" Yoongi asked as he sat on the sofa. Filling the cramped empty spot beside Jungkook.

"Sit somewhere else, old man." Jungkook said as he tried to push the older male away from him. 

"What? Can't I get closer to my baby brother?" Yoongi complained. Seokjin chuckled.

"I'm not a kid. I'm turning 18 soon. I'll be as legal as you are." Jungkook retorted, earning a snicker from Yoongi.

"You'll always be a kid in my eyes. There's no way denying it." Yoongi said as he stood up.

"Kids, keep it down. It's late." He said as he smiled at them. Yoongi hadn't noticed that Jungkook has been keeping an eye on him all this time.

"Is that blood on your shirt?" Jungkook said as he pulled his brother's collar for further inspection. The color of the stain confirmed his doubts. "It is isn't it?" Jungkook asked.

"I had a little incident. Nothing big to mention about." Yoongi said as he shrugged. "I'm really tired and I have a book signing event tomorrow. Come with me yeah?" Yoongi said as he ruffled his brother's hair lovingly. He then entered his room. Yoongi threw himself onto the disheveled bed, hoping that tomorrow will still visit him after the clock striked 12. 

 


JEALOUS KOOKIE! So there's a lot of brotherly sugakookie in this chapter <3 OH I WANT TO THANK EVERY SUBSCRIBER AND READER as usual~ DID YOU NOTICE THE POSTER? IT'S SO PRETTY I CAN'T IT'S SO PERFECT I'M SO HAPPY

I think I can be pretty sure that almost half or half of this fic is finished already~ Please do look forward to my updates! I haven't checked this chapter nor the previous oned both on their spelling or their grammar. Thankyou for reading! Please please please do let me know what you think about this story in the comment section below. Thankyou so much for reading and giving my story a chance! Please do enjoy <3 I love you all <3 <3 <3