Baked Toast

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

"You're home!." Seokjin greeted as he took off his baking muttons and rushed over to Yoongi, helping him with his things.

"Yeah. I asked them to release me earlier. Where's Kook?" Yoongi asked. Seokjin pointed towards the direction of Jungkook's room. Yoongi hadn't had a decent sleep after his fight with Jungkook. He felt guilty for hurting his brother like that. Jungkook will always be the best thing that happened in Yoongi's life and he's irreplaceable. He wouldn't lie. When Jungkook called Jimin names, he was mad. Probably the angriest he has ever been towards Jungkook and Jimin being all teary eyed after Jungkook left didn't help either. 

Min Yoongi sighed.

"I'll talk to him for a while." Yoongi said, leaving his things behind.

"I think he's sleeping. He's been drowning in studies these days. He didn't sleep at all yesterday due to his mock exam." Seokjin said as he folded Yoongi's scarf. 

"Really? I shouldn't wake him up then." Yoongi said as he opened the wooden door as carefully as he could. He wanted to minimize the creaking of the door joints and the screech of the door against the waxed wooden floor. 

Jungkook's room was dark. The moon was the only light source. Books were scattered everywhere. Yoongi tried his best not to step on a book and not to break pencils and other things scattered on the floor. There was a tiny lump on the bed. Jungkook was asleep with his reading glasses and books opened in front of him. Yoongi couldn't help to smile at the sight. He took off Jungkook's glasses and placed it on his bedside. He removed the books in his hands and replaced them with a pokemon plushie. Yoongi took the blankets and covered Jungkook. He then ruffled the younger's hair and walked outside. 

Seokjin was standing in front of Jungkook's room with his arms crossed. 

"I deserve to at least have a clue on why Jungkook went home bawling last time." He said.

"Why?" Yoongi said. He was tired. All he wanted to do was to go to his room and sleep.

"Because I spent two hours comforting him before he fell asleep. Since then he acted like a zombie. You do know how much he hated to read, right? Look at him now. He's doing nothing but studying." Seokjin answered as he flailed his arms around. Jungkook was never the type to study vigorously at home. School is where you study. Home is where you rest. That was his motto.

He paid full attention in school. All for the reason that he wouldn't need to review anything at home. Just like any teenager, Jungkook despised studying.

"We fought a little." Yoongi said as he massaged his temples. "I'll talk to you in the morning." Yoongi said as he dashed into his bedroom, trying his best to ignore Seokjin's booming voice in the hallway.

 


"Wow. Why the hell are you up so early?" Namjoon screeched as he saw Yoongi the first thing in the morning. The elder's face was stoic. His mint hair disheveled and the oversized white t-shirt he was wearing was covered in creases.

"Why the hell are you here in my house." Yoongi complained, earning an amused grin from the younger. 

"I'm here to pick up Jin hyung, of course." He announced proudly.

"And, where is mother?" Yoongi asked as he brewed himself a nice cup of coffee.

"Taking a bath." Namjoon said casually as he sprawled himself on the sofa, turning the television on. It was the morning news. Some weird looking guy was caught stripping in a club, an unknown k-pop star was releasing a new album and oh, he saw his face on the screen.

"Oh my. Hyung, you're on the TV." Namjoon exclaimed, almost too excitedly.

"No ." Yoongi said as he walked over to the sofa, sitting on one of Namjoon's sprawled legs. The younger yelped in pain and managed to sit properly.

'This decade's most talented writer, Min Yoongi, has been rumored to be diagnosed with AML or acute myeloid leukimia. Through this unfortunate news, his unreleased book is receiving such amazing responses. The book under the name 'Min Yoongi' has been booked all over bookstores here in Korea.'

The news caster's voice was sweet. Too sickeningly sweet and artificial. Yoongi sighed at the news and Namjoon was just staring blankly at him.

"How did this get out?" Namjoon asked, his tone serious.

"My company." Yoongi said as he gulped the rest of his remaining coffee. As if on cue, Jungkook opened the door of his room. He was dressed neatly with his back pack on. He sighed and bowed. 

"Morning, hyungs." He said as he walked over to the kitchen and took a piece of toast Seokjin prepared for him earlier. He then walked over towards the shelves and took his shoes. Putting them on in a slow, lazy motion.

Yoongi was star struck. Jungkook acted like nothing happened. It was like his brother got his soul out of him.

"U-um." Yoongi said as he coughed awkwardly, diverting his sight away from the younger boy.

Jungkook turned his head towards Yoongi, waiting for a response. 

"Do you want me to drive you? Like I'm free after this and it's still early so I don't mind." Yoongi offered. He was stuttering here and there and Jungkook kept his poker face.

"Okay. Thank you, hyung. I'll wait here." Jungkook said as he stood up, brushing the creases on his neatly ironed uniform. No matter how much Jungkook was mad at Yoongi, he would still prefer being drived around in a nice, comfortable imported car rather than the noisy, jam packed bus early in the morning. 

"R-right. I'll rush." Yoongi said as he ran inside his room. He brushed his teeth and face. He then took a more decent looking shirt and his car keys.

When he walked out of his room, he saw his younger brother staring into nothing. Standing there, souless. A contrast to Namjoon who was giggling like a teenage girl on some cheesy jokes from the morning cartoon.

"Let's go." Yoongi said to himself. 

 


 

The car ride was a torture. Jungkook didn't say anything and Yoongi couldn't bring himself to start a conversation.

"S-so, how's school?" Yoongi asked as a start. This has been the most awkward moment he has ever spent with Jungkook. 

"As usual." Jungkook replied. He was memorizing a row of physics formulas.

"Take care of your health. It's more important than school." Yoongi continued.

"Yes, hyung." Jungkook answered. His eyes empty.

Yoongi couldn't take this anymore. He missed his cheery, bratty brother. He wanted his Jungkook back. 

"Look. I'm sorry for what happened. I wasn't on my right mind." Yoongi apologized. As he was driving, he sent quick glances towards the younger. Jungkook's eyebags were down to his cheek bones. Jungkook's cheeks looked hollow and it worried Yoongi. 

"No it's not your fault." Jungkook said, his attention still focused on the book. "It's not your fault you don't want me." He continued.

"Kook, it's not like that." Yoongi was at lost of words. Sure, he's a beast when it came to literature. But when it came to deep conversations as such, Yoongi was as useless as a used tissue paper.

"Can you drop me here, hyung? I don't want to be too flashy." Jungkook said as he pointed towards a bus stop. Yoongi's shiny BMW would certainly be the center of attention.

"Kook, I-"

"Please." Jungkook asked. Yoongi wondered whether it was a plea to drop him on the bus stop of a plea to stop him from talking.

"Okay. We'll talk when you got home." Yoongi said as he turned left, stopping right in front of the old looking bus stop. 

"Thank you, hyung." Jungkook said as he opened the door, gathered his stuffs and slammed the door shut. Yoongi rolled the window down.

"Take care. Eat lots!" He screamed from inside the car. Jungkook glanced at him and placed his earphones in. 

 


 

The bell rang. Students rushed their ways to go home or to continue with their academies. Jungkook, being no exception, was gathering his stuffs inside his locker when he felt footsteps walkting towards him.

"Oh! Who do we have here." A boy in his class named Park Chanyeol cooed right in front of Jungkook. "It's the great Min Jungkook. The little brother of the famous, dying Min Yoongi." He said with an innocent smile as he pushed Jungkook, making him drop his things. 

"Stop. I don't want to deal with you." Jungkook said as he gathered his books on the floor.

"Or what? Are you going to ask your brother to write a book about me?" Chanyeol joked. His fellow friends laughed along. 

"Don't ignore us when we're talking." Baekhyun said as he forcefully yanked Jungkook's hair, lifting his head.

"Guys, stop. He's really close to crying." Joonmyun cooed, patting Jungkook's cheek.

"Seriously? off." Jungkook said as he slapped Joonmyun's hand off of his face. "I don't want to mess with losers like you." Jungkook said as he attempted to walk away from the bullies.

He felt a strong force gripping his back pack. Jungkook sighed. 

"Really? Who's going to be the loser now?" A kid, Kim Jongin said as he dragged Jungkook outside. Fighting on school grounds were prohibited after all.

Once they were outside, Kim Jongin punched Jungkook hard on his jaw. Jungkook lost his balance and fell. Jongin lifted his face and punched Jungkook right on the bridge of his nose. 

Min Jungkook was battered, bruised, and bleeding.

Jongin was going to throw another punch when someone stopped him.

Like in some cheesy dramas, Min Yoongi was there. Glaring down at the kids despite being centimetres shorter than them.

"What were you about to do to my brother?" Yoongi asked, his grip on Jongin's hand tightened. 

"Y-you think I'm afraid of you?" Jongin tried to bluff.

"Kid, you have a bright future ahead of you. If I reported this to the police, do you know what they would do?" Yoongi returned the question. "And I'm not afraid of being thrown in a ing prison for any reason. Murder, for example. I don't have much time left anyway." Yoongi said coldly as he helped Jungkook to stand on his feet. 

"So, are you afraid of me?" Yoongi said, glaring at the faces of the boys lined up in front of him. 

And that was how Min Yoongi scattered them like a bunch of buzzing bees. 

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked as he examined Jungkook's face, tilting it slowly to inspect any damage. 

"You made it worse." Jungkook said as he slapped his brother's hand away.

"What? Shouldn't you be thanking me for saving your , you brat?" Yoongi said, expecting Jungkook to retaliate. 

"Y- you just made everything worse! They're going to bully me more now." Jungkook shouted. Yoongi jumped back in surprise.

"What do you think I would do when I saw my brother getting beaten by a bunch of thugs, huh?" Yoongi asked back.

Jungkook threw his hands in frustration.

"I'm not your brother!" Jungkook screamed. "I'm just nobody. So, stop!" 

"Jungk-"

"You're nobody to me too! So why am I like this?" Jungkook said. He was crying. "I know! I know that you're dying and I have to be reminded of it every second in school. All of your fans are messaging me. Some of them told me to die in your place, and honestly, I don't mind!" He explained. "But it hurts. I'm doing everything for you but you don't care." Jungkook went on his knees and covered his messed up face. His lip was busted. His eyes red and swollen and his nose was still dripping some blood. "You never did."

Yoongi stared at the sight of his brother crying in front of him. He never knew what internal turmoil Jungkook has been facing all this time. All he needed to do was spend a couple of minutes to tell him how important he was  in his life. Yoongi felt his heart breaking. He hugged the younger.

Jungkook continued to sob right onto Yoongi's pristine white shirt. Leaving trails of tears, drool, and blood on it. 

"Let's go home, Jungkook-ah." 

 


TADAAAAA!! It's just a filler chapter this time. I wanted to explain what was happening to Jungkook behind the scenes XD oh, I don't hate exo. I LOVE AND I ADORE KIM JONGIN HE IS JUST TOO FEJLWAKJBENFKLEWUHjwl OKAY. so, as usual, I'm thanking the readers! Especially those who commented and subscribed. I haven't edited this and it's 1 am in the morning so I know that i'm making a lot of mistakes but I'll promise to correct it as soon as possible. Thank you for reading! I hope you like this filler chapter and please do leave a comment! i can't hold my smiles back when I read them XD and I would love to know you guys personally! You can add my kakao talk 965968 if you want to talk to me or if you want to input some ideas in the story! Have a good day, people! I hope you enjoyed this!!