Cypress

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

Yoongi hated how people's attitude change around him when they knew how sick he is. The deceitful eyes, mirroring artificial pity and sympathy. Yoongi hated it. He hated how reliant his parents have become. He hated how his entire class have somehow became his closest friends. 

They knew he was dying. That's why they tolerated him. But Namjoon and Seokjin were different. Seokjin, or Jin, nagged at him as always. Namjoon cursed at him. Saying that everyone's going to die anyway. Why should they give Yoongi a special treatment? They managed to make Yoongi felt normal again, and Yoongi felt comfortable around them. But Jimin, the man is a definition of sunshines and rainbows when Yoongi defined rain falls and snow storms. Jimin made him felt different. That, he was aware of. 

It was Saturday morning, the day in which Yoongi would be released from his hospital stay. It was a rainy, gloomy Saturday. Jimin was still asleep. It's one of the very rare instances where Min Yoongi managed to wake up before the clock strikes 6.a.m. in the morning. He walked towards the window of his room, opening it's curtain. 

Everything was grey. The sky, the buildings, the roads, and he could saw his own reflection on the window.

Miserable was one of the few words that crossed his mind the moment his eyes met his own on the reflection. Dark rings rimmed his eyeballs, faded mint hair tousled, tired eyes meeting his own, chipped lips tinted with dried blood and his deathly pale skin. He looked miserable, to say the least.

Yoongi let out a lonely sigh as Jimin's bed ruffled.

"Hyung?" Jimin whined as he rubbed his eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't meant to wake you up." Yoongi said as he walked over and sat on the bottom of Jimin's bed. The younger looked flustered. His eyes still as unfocused as it used to be. His bright orange hair was in thousands of different directions. His plain white t-shirt slipping off of his shoulder.

"No, you didn't woke me up. I'm an early bird, unlike you." Jimin joked as he smiled. His eyes forming into beautiful crescents.

Yoongi chuckled and fixed the younger's t-shirt. "I can't seem to sleep properly last night." Yoongi said softly.

"You slept at 7.p.m, hyung. Of course you're not able to sleep properly." Jimin deadpanned. "I always wonder how you could fall asleep literally any time and any where."

"Sometimes I'm just too tired that I could just drop dead." Yoongi said as he plopped onto Jimin's bed. The younger chuckled. His voice sounded like bells.

"Hey don't be such a downer." Jimin said as he playfully kicked Yoongi's sides. Earning a grunt from the elder. "You're leaving today, right hyung?" Jimin asked. His voice more subtle.

"Yeah. My friends are coming to pick me up later." Yoongi said as he sat up.

"Oh," Jimin said. Yoongi noticed the changed demeanor of the younger. He ruffled the younger's hair playfully.

"I saved my phone number in your phone the other day. Speed dial number 5." Yoongi said. Jimin grinned. 

"Really? Why number 5?" Jimin asked. 

Yoongi rubbed the nape of his neck. "I thought it would be easier for you to contact me that way. The damn number is in the middle of your ancient looking phone. You can't miss that, right?" Yoongi said. 

"Yeah. I can't. I'll probably piss you off and call you every day to rid me of my boredom and Taehyung." Jimin said as he smiled. "Come visit me a lot, yeah?" He continued. 

Yoongi smiled at the boy in front of him, fully knowing that he can't see. 

"You're not even sick, Chim. Why do you stay here?" Yoongi asked.

"My parents worked abroad. They don't trust me enough to leave me alone inside my house. So they sent me to stay in my uncle's hospital." Jimin said as he tidied his hair. 

"Just like that? You didn't ask them to let you out?" 

"It's not like they locked me here, hyung. I'm allowed to go anywhere I want, that is if I want to." Jimin replied. "Boredom won't kill me. Crossing the road without knowing the condition of the traffic would." He said. "And besides, I don't think my parents wanted me to go out at all. If their relatives or friends found out that their only blind son is walking around, they'll be embarassed." Jimin looked down onto the sheets. Still smiling. 

"Wow." Yoongi said.

"What is it?"

"You must've been either really kind or really stupid." Yoongi replied as he sighed

"I'm neither." Jimin claimed. "I'm not that kind, hyung. I had many ugly thoughts."

"Don't we all? Humans are ugly creatures, Jimin. They lust for things they don't have. They crave for the life they can't afford. They hated it when others are doing better than them. But that's just what humans are. And you are one of them. So am I." Yoongi replied as he lifted Jimin's face with his idex finger lazily. 

Jimin lifted his hands. Reaching out to Yoongi's face. Softly tracing Yoongi's features. Jimin  carefully measured it all. The smooth surface of his skin, the appoximate width of his fore head, the size of his button nose, and the cracked surfaces of his lips. Yoongi closed his eyes. Letting Jimin do whatever he was doing. The younger's hands were more rough than he thought it would be. Jimin's hands were covered in burn marks and cuts. 

"You liar." Jimin said as the smile on his lips got wider.

"What?"

"You're no ugly creature, hyung." Jimin said as he took his hands off the elder's face. Yoongi's eyes were widened. He was nothing but confused. 

"It was a metaphor, stupid." Yoongi said as chuckles escaped his lips. 

"Hyung," Jimin called.

"Yeah?"

"But humans are beautiful too. They love. They care." Jimin commented. "Like the colors you mentioned, humans have two sides to them too. The beautiful and the horrid. We're not a bunch of ugly humans, hyung. We're just broken." Jimin continued. 

"Broken and withering." Yoongi said softly. Too soft for Jimin to hear. 

 


 

"Get your damn up, Min Yoongi." Namjoon said as he uncovered the bundle of blanket on the bed. Revealing a sleeping Yoongi.

"I woke up too early just now. Give me another 5." Yoongi said lazily as he covered his face with a pillow.

"Fine. I'll be back to wake you up in 5 minutes." Namjoon said as he let an exasperated sigh.

"I meant 5 hours, you stupid." Yoongi said. Namjoon was about to tackle the sleeping bundle when someone walked up to him and lifted Yoongi by his hand.

"Get up." Seokjin said as he lighly tapped Yoongi's cheeks to help him pull himself together. Yoongi rubbed his eyes and clicked his tongue. 

"Why is mother here?" He said.

"I told you I'll bring Seokjin hyung here yesterday." Namjoon replied as he laughed. 

"Shut it. I'm not your mom." Seokjin retorted. "Get up and take a bath while I tidy your things up." Seokjin nagged as he pushed Yoongi out of his bed. Yoongi lazily strutted towards the bathroom, taking a bath.

"He lost so much weight, Joon." Jim said as he folded Yoongi's t-shirts. 

"I know. You better cook him something great when he gets home. I'll be there too." Namjoon said as Seokjin sighed. 

"I'm just really worried." Seokjin said as he took Yoongi's pack of cigarettes and handed it over to Namjoon. Instinctively, Namjoon walked towards the trash can and threw the almost empty pack away. 

"All of us are." Namjoon replied. "But he'll be coming back right after this. We could convince him literally everyday. We'll ask Kookie to help too."

"Yeah." Seokjin said as he continued to pack Yoongi's stuffs. Namjoon walked around the room and noticed the empty bed besides Yoongi's. He saw Yoongi's book beside the empty bed and took it.

"I thought Yoongi hated this book he made." Namjoon said as he inspected the said book. He noticed that it was in braille and there's a broken writing saying 'Park Jimin' in front of the book. 

"Oh, Yoongi is rooming with someone." Namjoon said. 

"Really? I thought he hated people in general." Seokjin said. Still focused on what he was doing. 

"I admire that guy for being able to handle Yoongi for 5 days." Namjoon said as he placed the book back to where it belonged. 

As if on cue, the door slide open. Revealing a worn out Jimin with a visor on. He was gasping. Sweat dropping from his shirt, training shorts tousled. He walked straight onto his bed. Plopping himself down as he took a glass of water and downed it in 3 gulps. Seokjin and Namjoon were staring at each other. Jimin noticed the odds. Yoongi was not sofly snoring in his sleep and he could hear two unrecognized voices whispering behind his back.

"I-is someone else here? Yoongi hyung?" Jimin asked with a timid voice and Namjoon clicked. The braille book belonged to the kid in front of him. 

"Hi, my name in Kim Namjoon. I'm here with my friend Kim Seokjin to. We're here to pick Yoongi up." Namjoon said to the stranger. Jimin, being himself, beamed at them with his pearly whites. Smiling oh so brightly. 

"My name is Park Jimin, I'm 21 and I'm Yoongi hyung's room mate for the past 5 days. Nice to meet you! Yoongi hyung mentioned you." Jimin exclaimed. 

"Really? That's pretty shocking. I'm Seokjin. Nice to meet you too, Jimin-ssi." Jin said as he smiled back towards the younger. 

Namjoon's voice were rough. His voice was way deeper than Yoongi's and sometimes, his voice reminded Jimin of the sound it made when a velcro strip was ripped apart. Seokjin's voice was the opposite of Namjoon's. Jimin knew that he would remember Seokjin's voice the moment it came out of his lips. It was light and rich. He could feel how loving and tender Seokjin is from the way he talked. 

"Are you guys talking behind my back?" Yoongi said as he dried his hair off with a piece of damp towel. 

"No. Get back inside and dry your hair properly." Seokjin mentioned. 

"Geez." Yoongi said as he did what he was told. 

 


 

"Please visit me a lot hyungs!" Jimin said as he waved towards the bunch of people in front of the door.

"We will. Call me when you need me, or when you're bored, or just anytime you want." Yoongi said as he ruffled Jimin's hair. 

"Okay, I will." Jimin said as he waved his hands again. The door closed and the oh so familiar feeling of being left alone kicked in. There's no sound of Yoongi hyung breathing anymore. There's no episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog anymore. Jimin sighed as he plopped onto the bed that used to be Yoongi's. It smelled like him. A mixture of vanilla and peppermint, laced with faint odor of burnt tobacco. He thought that he wouldn't see Yoongi for a long time when one day, Taehyung rushed into his room.

'Yoongi hyung is in the ICU."

 

 

 


Please don't hate me. So I don't know whats happening and my hands just moved on their own and this is what came out of it. I think I'll be able to update more often considering that it's Christmas break! So as usual, I would like to endlessly thank all of my readers, subscribers, upvoters, and especially commenters. I love reading your comments! Every single one of them. It really fueled me to write more and more. Thankyou so much for spending your time reading this fic. THANKYOU SOOOOOO SOSOSOSOSOSO MUCH <3

p.s: Cypress in flower language means death