Red

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

The big tree is loving. The way its branches vesseled nutrition and water to each and every single one of it's fruits and leaves, never ceasing to provide care and love.

Peach, just like the hundreds of other fruits hanging from the tree's twigs, rely on it's support for his living. 

Since the first time Peach opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was the bright blue sky and the soft looking grass beneath him.

'Hello,' said a voice, echoing from the distance. It seems so far away, but so close in proximity to Peach. Talking to him and only him.

'Who are you?" Peach said, with his timid voice.

'I thought you knew.' The voice echoed, softer this time. 'You looked at me and smiled every morning. I'm always happy when you smiled at me.'

'Are you the sky?' Peach said as he tilted his round body upwards, letting his eyes meet the sky above.

'Yes. You can call me Blue.' The sky said, introducing itself.

'Nice to meet you, Blue. My name is Peach. I'm a peach and you can call me Peach!' The fruit exclaimed, excitedly. 

 


 

"Hyung, usually, nurses will tell you that it would only hurt a little but trust me, they're lying. This will hurt like hell." Taehyung said as he flicked the needle attached to a huge syringe with a clear, red colored liquid in it. 

"I know. Just do it." Yoongi said as he whined. His shirt was rolled up to his elbow and he was wincing with every single movement Taehyung made. 

"Aw, the great grumpy Yoongi hyung is scared." Taehyung said as he placed a stainless steel contained on Yoongi's bed. 

"Who wouldn't be. I'm not scared of the damn needle. I'm scared of you doing the procedure on me." Yoongi joked, trying to calm his erraticly beating heart. 

"Chill hyung, gosh. I'm perfectly capable of doing this. I've done this a thousand times before." The young doctor said as an attempt to calm the patient in front of him. Yoongi had two IV tubes inserted already. All he needed to do was to connect the tubes to the syringe and watch out for his vitals through out the procedure. "You will feel slight discomfort as the liquid enters your body. Just try and relax. The worst has yet to come." 

"Seriously? Is that the right thing to say to your patient?" Yoongi scolded. He knew what to expect after his chemo. He searched the web for it's side effects and testimonies from people who went throught it. To put it simply, Yoongi knew that it was not going to be fun. 

"I'm just trying to be honest here! You'll get mad at me if I honey coated my words. Might as well just splash the truth to your face." Taehyung said as he unscrewed the lid of one of the tube inserted in Yoongi's forearm. "I'll start in the count of three, hyung." The younger said as Yoongi shut his eyes with much more force than necessary. "1.. 2...3..." Taehyung said as the beeping sound of countless machines started to resonate inside the room. Yoongi felt the fluid as it flowed inside his vein. And boy, do they hurt.

"Damn," Yoongi cursed under his breath as he covered his eyes with a pillow.

 


 

" ." Yoongi said as he ran towards his bathroom for the nth time for the day. He was very grateful that Seokjin and Jungkook wasn't home that time. His stomach hurts like hell and all he wanted to do was to empty the contents of it despite not eating anything. He guessed that it must've been the side effect of the chemotheraphy, including the intense head ache, muscle and bone pain, and freakishly high fever he was experiencing. 

Yoongi wasn't sure that the chemo was doing him any good. That was one of the days when he felt that he was one step closer to death's doorstep. 

He groaned as he placed an ice pack on top of his forehead. It was warm outside and his air conditioner was off, heck Yoongi the heater and he was hiding under two layers of blankets but he was still shivering with the cold. He took a can of oxygen that Taehyung recommended him to purchase and inhaled deeply. 

Yoongi felt like and that could be considered as an understatement. He was about to close his eyes when he heard his phone vibrating. He clicked his tongue in annoyance as he reached out for his phone. It was Jimin.

'Hyung, how are you?' Jimin said, his voice as cheerful as ever.

'Oh you know, it wasn't that bad. But if there's a gun in my room right now, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot myself in the head." Yoongi replied sarcastically, earning a small giggle from the opposite line. 

'Why didn't you tell me about your schedule? I could've accompanied you. I was free that day.' Jimin continued. Talking with the younger created an instant smile onto Yoongi's pale face. Just hearing the younger's voice reminded him of why he wanted to be alive and kicking as soon as possible. 

'It's just a regular hospital visit. You don't have to worry, really." Yoongi replied.

'Hyung, I got a surprise for you.' Jimin announced cheerfully. Yoongi could picture the younger jumping around alone in his room as he talked towards his phone. 

'Surprise me." Yoongi challenged as a smirk latched onto his face despite the pain he felt at his stomach.

'I asked my parents if they would allow me to move out, and they agreed on buying me a small apartment!' Jimin squealed like a high school girl. 'And, and my uncle said that I'm finally in the line up for the corneal transplant that I have been waiting my whole life.' Jimin said. Yoongi could literally hear Jimin smiling oh so brightly through the phone. 'Inform me on your next visit. I want to be with you.' Jimin said, earning a soft smile from the elder.

"I will." Yoongi replied. 

'See you soon, hyung!' Jimin said as he turned the call off. Yoongi sighed as he dragged his feet across his room to turn the lights off.


 

It was 5 p.m. Jungkook was home from school. The younger male placed his bag neatly on the sofa and went on to wash his lunch box. He then walked slowly towards his brother's room when the hot air slapped him across his face.

"Oh my gosh what the hell happened?" Jungkook wailed as he slammed the light switch on. 

"I'm trying to sleep right here." Yoongi announced, his voice grouchy and rough. 

"Hyung are you okay? I'm sorry I couldn't go to the chemo with you. I told Seokjin hyung that it would be fine for me to skip school for today but he won't allow me." The younger said as he sat on Yoongi's bed, removing strands of damp hair from the elder's forehead. 

"Don't skip school for me. Besides, it wasn't that bad." Yoongi replied, moving closer towards Jungkook, yearning for his warmth. 

"Seriously? It wasn't bad?" Jungkook asked, demanding the elder to explain things to him. 

"The procedure itself wasn't that bad, but what comes after it was pure hell and agonizing pain." Yoongi said as he looked at his brother in the eyes. "Have you eaten your lunch yet?" 

"Of course I have. How about you?" Jungkook asked. 

"Nah. I can't seem to put anything inside my mouth without my stomach forcing it out of me every single time." Yoongi groaned.

"You know, you really should take care of yourself better. What would happen to you without me, Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung to vouch for you?" 

"I don't know." Yoongi said jokingly as he sat up, reaching out his hands to ruffle the younger's hair. "I don't know what would I do to myself without you, Seokjin hyung, Namjoon, and Jimin." 

"You'll do well. You'll do just fine." Jungkook said as a wide smile spread across his face, revealing his signature bunny teeth. "I'll go out to get some porridge for us. Seokjin hyung texted me and he said that he would be late tonight." The younger said as he stood up.

"I'll come with you." Yoongi said.

"No. Hell no. Stay and sleep, motionless Min." Jungkook joked as he went outside of his brother's bedroom. 

"No scallions for me!" Yoongi screamed and as he heard Jungkook's laugh echoing through the hallway.

 


 

The air was cold outside. Jungkook wrapped himself tightly with his coat, hiding his face behind his knitted scarf. Things has finally brighten up for Jungkook but something felt wrong. 

He was too happy.

The last time things was doing great for him, his parents got divorced and they were fighting on who would want to take care of their only son. The second time everything was doing great for him, his brother got diagnosed with leukemia.

Jungkook was walking across the side walk when he heard the skidding sound of rubber wheels and blinding lights before he felt nothing. 

 


 

"Did Jungkook went to China to buy some porridge?" Yoongi whined as he sipped on some warm milk that Seokjin prepared for him. The elder agressively dialled the younger's number and the sound of the operator was the only voice he heard. 

"When did he went out?" Seokjin asked calmly.

"Around three hours ago." Yoongi said as he stood up and walked towards his kitchen to take a glass of cold water when his ringtone echoed across the apartment. Yoongi ran towards the table where he places his phone. It was Jungkook. 

"Brat! Where are you right now? I'm starving and Seokjin hyung is home. We're all waiting for you." Yoongi nagged, only to be replied with silence.

"Good evening, sir. Is this the guardian of Student Min Jungkook?" The voice said. Yoongi thought that Jungkook must've got himself in trouble again. 

"Yes, I'm his brother. I'm sorry for what ever thing my brother did. Just send me the bills and let my brother go." Yoongi replied. He knew that he was being rude. 

"Sir, this is the Seoul Metrapolitan Police Department, there has been a report of a traffic accident and you're the first person on his speed dial list."

Everything blurred. Yoongi felt light headed and he swore he could literally hear his own heart beating hard against his chest.

"W-what can I help you with?" Yoongi said as he cleared his throat, trying his best to mantain his composure and to remain calm.

"We need you to come here and identify a corpse."

 


WHY DID I DO THIS? THIS IS HURTING ME WHY AM I DOING THIS? Okay so tomorrow will be the last day of my finals and here I am writing another chapter of my fanfiction because of YOU AWESOME PEOPLE WHO'S READING THIS RIGHT NOW! Your comments literally helped me as I went through my days and this is the least I could do for you all. Please do leave a comment and subscribe and upvote if you enjoyed this story! I havent checked it yet so I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors before hand. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT <3 <3 <3 have a nice day! I'm so sorry I updated without re reading my work and I realized that it's such a mess XD Well, i revised it and I'm sorry again...