Braille

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

"So, you're telling me that Yoongi hyung won't die from the disease it self but from the effect of it?" Jimin said as he muched on chocolate coated marshmallows.

"Yeah. At some point, his body won't be able to handle all the contamination from the environment and gives up. You know, like HIV patients. He also bleeds much more excessively than us." Taehyung explained. "For example, a cold won't be lethal for normal people like us, but for Yoongi hyung, it could lead to pneumonia or worse." 

"So, Yoongi hyung will be okay as long as he doesn't get sick?" Jimin added, drawing an overly optimistic conclusion. 

"Basically. But he might need to do dialysis and transfusions. And there's also the symptoms that would most likely worsen from time to time. It's like a slow, painful torture." Taehyung said as he munched on the same confectionary. 

"But there are ways to fix him, right? C'mon Tae! It's the 21st century!" Jimin whined, bouncing on his bed.

"There are plenty of ways. The mortality rate for AML is around 50%." Taehyung explained. "But most of the survivors got diagnosed really early and they binged on treatments. You know how Yoongi hyung do. He won't take them." Taehyung explained.

"We should sneak them in his food."Jimin chided. "Or probably ask Jungkook to slip the meds in his morning coffee."

"Jungkook? You're still going to talk about that spoiled brat?" Taehyung said

"He's not spoiled. He probably had things rough in his past." Jimin replied. "And I probably came in the wrong timing. I should've known better to get out when a family member is visiting." 

"Stop, Chim. It's not your fault. Why the hell is he so bratty anyway? You're like two years older than him. You should've taught him a lesson. Weren't you pissed?" Taehyung continued, making gestures on the air.

"Pissed? Of course I was! But I'm mostly hurt." Jimin confessed. Park Jimin was always the type to lay down all of the faults of the world on his shoulders.

"You're weird. If I were you, I would've slapped the brattiness out of him." Taehyung said as he slapped the air in front of him, making Jimin chuckle a little.

"You're such a kid, Tae." Jimin commented.

"Stop! You're starting to sound like Yoongi hyung." Taehyung screamed as he threw a pack of marshmallow at Jimin's face.

 


 

"So, what do you want your new book to be?" Hoseok asked as he tapped a pen impatiently on the wooden table.

"It's a personal one this time. And I have a tiny request for you." Yoongi said, eyes unmoving from his laptop screen.

"What is it?" Hoseok said as he sighed. Yoongi never requested anything much from him. With the elder talking to him directly like this, he knew that it would be a tough one.

"I want my book to be published only in braille." Yoongi said. 

Hoseok laughed. He laughed out loud.

"Funny one, Syub." He said as he recalled the elder's high school nick name. "Now what is it that you want to ask me?" He repeated himself.

"I mean it. I want this book to be published only in braille. Well, at least, physically. You could publish it as an online novel too. I don't mind." Yoongi answered. Hoseok was staring at him as if he had grown another head.

"You're crazy. How the hell would the publisher react to this? Do you know how much potential cash they're going to lose because of your 'tiny' request? They would put me in the guillotine and send my decapitated head off to my parents!" Hoseok screeched dramatically.

"They won't, Hobi. It's illegal." Yoongi said as he took his glasses off and sighed. "It's really important for me, Hobi. Think of this as my last request." Yoongi said as he reached over towards the chilled coffee mug.

"Don't talk like that, hyung." Hoseok said as he slumped further on the sofa. "I'll think about it. What is your story about anyway?" He asked, trying to divert the conversation towards a lighter tone.

"It's about a boy who lives in the night sky, surrounded by darkness." Yoongi explained.

"Wait, I hope you're not writing another gore, or else-"

"Shut up and listen." Yoongi interrupted. "So it's a boy who's like bffs with the moon and then there's this space intergalactic special bunny that wanted to ask a favor from the boy." Yoongi explained. Hoseok's mouth was again, wide agape.

"This is so hard for me to follow, to be honest." He commented. "Continue." The younger gestured.

"So this super cool blue bunny rabbit asked a favor from to boy, which is, to set him free and to help him to return from where he belong." Yoongi continued. "But by doing that, the boy must drift away from his bff, the moon. So, instead of bringing the boy back home, he decided to make 'home'." Yoongi said as he quoted the air. "So, I'm going to leave everything in your care." Yoongi stood up as he gathered his belongings and placing a few bills on the table. "I'm hoping to hear very good news from you, Hobi." Yoongi said as he patted Hoseok's shoulder.

"What? No no no. Don't expect too much from he, hyung." Hoseok said as he shook his head side to side.

"It's okay. I believe in you." Yoongi joked. He knew that it would be a tough job for Hoseok and to be honest, he wasn't really optimistic about that idea. "I'm leaving first. I have an appointment with a friend." Yoongi said as he put on his coat.

"Wow. You have a friend out of me, Namjoon, Seokjin, and Jimin? I'm impressed." Hoseok replied sarcastically, earning a light hit to the back of his head from the elder.

"See you later." Yoongi said as he walked away.

"You stress me out, Min Yoongi!" He heard Hoseok screamed before he closed the cafe's door.

 


 

"The result is as expected, hyung." Mark said as he scanned through a bunch of papers. "You're not getting any better. As expected." The young doctor said.

"I know." Yoongi said as he sighed. "How bad is it?" He asked, knowing that he wouldn't want to hear the answers.

Mark sighed. "You're in the accelerated phase already. It ranged from 15-29% blasts in the blood system. Your's is 25%. 4% more than the last time you checked it out with me." He explained.

"Speak proper Korean, Mark." Yoongi whined.

"Basically!" The young doctor raised his voice as he tried to get his point through. "You're going to experience chronic anaemia, resistance to theraphy and increased symptoms, Yoongi hyung." He said. "It's not too late. Bone marrow transplantation might still save you.

Yoongi chuckled darkly. He knew that this was going to happen but hearing it made him sick to the pit of his stomach.

"How long do I have left?" Yoongi asked.

"Hyung-"

"Mark, how long do I have left?" Yoongi repeated his words.

"Approximately 6 months without any treatments. Please, hyung. Consider the donor offer." Mark pleaded.

Mark used to be Yoongi's junior during high school and they were neighbors as well. Mark graduated and now worked in a hospital. He's too young to be a specialist but he's more than capable of deciphering blood test results for Yoongi.

"I don't know. I'm not too optimistic about this. What should I do?" Yoong asked, ruffling his messed up hair.

"Stop smoking and drinking, hyung. Take care of yourself. Your body could not stand even the smallest form of infection. Don't bleed like at all. You don't have enough platelets to clot your blood. All I can offer you if you don't want to take the treatments is to attend monthly blood transfusions. You might have to do it more often as the time progressed." Mark explained.

"I see. Thank you. I'll come back soon for the blood thing." Yoongi said as he stood up and walked outside Mark's room.

Once he was out, he took a cigarette and lit it up. The intoxicating feeling of nicotine relaxed Yoongi a little. Things haven't been right for him lately.

After the incident with Jungkook, he drove the both of them home. Seokjin was hysteric, to say the least. Jungkook was covered in blood and Yoongi felt too tired to do anything. Seokjin tended to Jungkook's wounds and they talked a little. He was informed how Jungkook doesn't appreciate the gestures Yoongi had been doing to Jimin and told him to tone it down when the younger was around.

Yoongi inhaled deeply and sighed for the nth time when he heard someone honking behind him.

"Hyung!" Shouted a familiar voice.

"Tae?" Yoongi asked as the car approached him. He dyed his hair dark brown this time, making him look a little more decent. His last hair color wasn't a bad one. But it's not the most appropriate hair color a doctor should have.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked, his window rolled down.

"I should be the one asking you that. What are you doing here?" Yoongi returned the question.

"I delivered some antibiotics they ordered from my hospital. How about you?" Taehyung asked.

"I, um. I was just visiting a friend." Yoongi lied as he rubbed the nape of his neck.

"Do you want a ride? I'm returning to the hospital and it passed by your apartment. Jungkook told me the address once." Taehyung offered.

Hell yes. Min Yoongi despised walking.

"If you don't mind, sure." Yoongi said as he opened the door and slide inside.

"Where's your car, hyung?" Taehyung asked as he kept his focus on the road ahead.

"I left it at home." Yoongi answered as he fastened his seat belt.

"You know, hyung." Taehyung said as he turned the steering wheel. "Jimin has been constantly talking about you."

Yoongi chuckled a little. "Really? What did he say?"

"He told me that he wanted to learn about your disease and the symptoms of it. He wanted to know what you're going through." Taehyung said. "Jimin is really caring. I'm sure you know about that too." Taehyung added.

"I know. He's too kind and thoughtful of others for his own good." Yoongi replied with a smile adorned onto his face.

"That's why, I wish you could do something about it." Taehyung said, stopping in front of the red light.

"What?"

"You know fully well what will happen to you if you didn't take the treatments." Taehyung said.

"What are you trying to say?" Yoongi asked, staring at the younger male.

"Get away from him if you're only going to end up hurting him." Taehyung replied as he let go of the brake and continued driving.

 


 

A SHORT UPDATE FROM ME! Happy Chinese New Year to those who celebrate!!! OK I can proudly say that I have the best readers in the world like what in the actual hell you guys made my day like reading your comments seriously made me really happy and it brightened my mood through out the day like wtf I'm so thankful to each and every single one of you! So this chapter is just like a present from me to all of you who waited patiently for my update! Thank you so much like I don't deserve all this love and such amazing readers but thank you so much for giving this story an opportunity! Please do comment and subsribe if you enjoy reading this fic! Thank you so much once again! I love every single one of you! See you next time!!!